PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic : It just gets worse : Colin Powell covers the VilliagePeople

Steve
July 12th 04, 05:08 AM
Colin Powell is dancing out Villiage People tunes for foriegn government
officals:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/powell_village_people

Clinton cheated on his wife like about half of the married men on the
planet.

Does anyone else think it is a bit undignified for the Secretary Of
State to be doing such things?

Art S
July 12th 04, 06:22 AM
"Steve" > wrote in message
> Colin Powell is dancing out Villiage People tunes for foriegn government
> officals:
>
> http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/powell_village_people
>
> Clinton cheated on his wife like about half of the married men on the
> planet.

I gather the above is the real reason for your post? (since it seems to
be irrelevant to everything else).

> Does anyone else think it is a bit undignified for the Secretary Of
> State to be doing such things?

Lets see what the article itself says:
"Tradition dictates that the meeting wrap up with a night of song and
dance, provided by the diplomats themselves."

No, I don't think it is undignified. I suspect that if the article said
he refused, you would claim he was too stiff/standoff-ish/dignified
and was insulting the diplomats by not joining in.

I think you a) live your life in a straight jacket, b) are looking for a
reason to be negative, and/or c) are a troll.

Art

User
July 12th 04, 06:29 AM
> Colin Powell is dancing out Villiage People tunes for foriegn government
> officals:

So the guy takes a moment out of his busy and stressful life to have some
fun, and you want to bitch about it?

Por que?

Erythritol
July 12th 04, 06:39 AM
Steve > wrote in message
> Colin Powell is dancing out Villiage People tunes for foriegn government
> officals:
>
> http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/powell_village_people
>
> Clinton cheated on his wife like about half of the married men on the
> planet.

wow. talk about a non sequiter

fwiw, the "problem" is not that he cheated on his wife

the problem is that 1) he did it with an underling (an intern) which to
many, and based on legislation that clinton supported (to the glee of many
feminists who then turned around and created the "one grope" rule just for
clinton - talk about a double standard) makes that sexual harassment at
worse, or just very very bad judgment at best 2) that he blatantly lied
about it UNDER OATH, not to mention to the american people

imo, a sitting president should not BE subject to a civil suit. that's my
opinion. i think it was wrong that he was sued for an alleged sex
harassment that happened before his presidency. however... given that he
was, he lied under oath, and he got off easy.

furthermore, the lie was MATERIAL, and he w2as lucky to get mere Contempt
charge when he could have gotten perjury. furhman got a perjury charge, and
his lie WASN'T material. apparently, being president has its benefits

whit

> Does anyone else think it is a bit undignified for the Secretary Of
> State to be doing such things?

John M. Williams
July 12th 04, 08:36 AM
Steve > wrote:

>Colin Powell is dancing out Villiage People tunes for foriegn government
>officals:
>
>http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/powell_village_people

Old news, Steve. Try watching CNN.

>Does anyone else think it is a bit undignified for the Secretary Of
>State to be doing such things?

Right, Steve. When a Democrat performs (like Clinton playing sax),
you applaud him for being a "regular guy." Of course, if a Republican
does something like that, they're suddenly undignified.

You and your ilk are getting incredibly desperate for propaganda.
However, we are amused by your desperation, so please, keep it
rolling.

Lester Long
July 12th 04, 11:27 AM
"Steve" > wrote in message
> Colin Powell is dancing out Villiage People tunes for foriegn government
> officals:
>
> http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/powell_village_people
>
> Clinton cheated on his wife like about half of the married men on the
> planet.
>
> Does anyone else think it is a bit undignified for the Secretary Of
> State to be doing such things?

Did you read the article, which is about 2 weeks old?
"In 1997 Madeleine Albright, then secretary of state, bowled over the
ministers when she performed a musical skit dressed as Evita Peron."

"The group blasted out a version of the 1970s disco classic, ***to the
delight of foreign ministers from across the Asia-Pacific and Europe.***"

"The Russian delegation, headed by Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, sang a
version of the Beatles "Yellow Submarine" as a woman waving a Russian flag
ran around the dinner tables."

"Indian Foreign Minister Natwar Singh read a poem before his delegation
burst into a song. "

Lester

Snuggles
July 12th 04, 01:24 PM
In article >,
John M. Williams > wrote:

> Steve > wrote:
>
> >Colin Powell is dancing out Villiage People tunes for foriegn government
> >officals:
> >
> >http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/powell_village_people
>
> Old news, Steve. Try watching CNN.
>
> >Does anyone else think it is a bit undignified for the Secretary Of
> >State to be doing such things?
>
> Right, Steve. When a Democrat performs (like Clinton playing sax),
> you applaud him for being a "regular guy." Of course, if a Republican
> does something like that, they're suddenly undignified.

It not that he sang... the problem is he did something from the Village
People. That is what's embrassing.
Snuggles, not Shuggie

The Queen of Cans and Jars
July 12th 04, 02:05 PM
Steve > wrote:

> Colin Powell is dancing out Villiage People tunes for foriegn government
> officals:
>
> http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/powell_village_people
>
> Clinton cheated on his wife like about half of the married men on the
> planet.

what on earth does that have to do with the story you're linking to?

gman99
July 12th 04, 02:14 PM
Steve > wrote:
> Colin Powell is dancing out Villiage People tunes for foriegn government
> officals:

When in Rome....

Powell is surrounded by idiots....just marking time I think....he knows he
hitched his wagon to the absolute worst possible ride.

Lester Long
July 12th 04, 02:26 PM
> Steve > wrote:
>
> > Colin Powell is dancing out Villiage People tunes for foriegn government
> > officals:
> >
> > http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/powell_village_people
> >
> > Clinton cheated on his wife like about half of the married men on the
> > planet.

References please.

Lester

Erythritol
July 12th 04, 04:08 PM
gman99 > wrote in message
> Steve > wrote:
> > Colin Powell is dancing out Villiage People tunes for foriegn government
> > officals:
> >

> When in Rome....
>
> Powell is surrounded by idiots....

utter rubbish

one can disagree with the bush admin's policies. that is reasonable.
calling them idiots denies reality

whit

just marking time I think....he knows he
> hitched his wagon to the absolute worst possible ride.

Erythritol
July 12th 04, 04:14 PM
John M. Williams > wrote in message
> Steve > wrote:
>
> >Colin Powell is dancing out Villiage People tunes for foriegn government
> >officals:
> >
> >http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/powell_village_people
>
> Old news, Steve. Try watching CNN.
>
> >Does anyone else think it is a bit undignified for the Secretary Of
> >State to be doing such things?
>
> Right, Steve. When a Democrat performs (like Clinton playing sax),

or candidate clinton going on MTV and answering questions about his
underwear choices, and his van (nudge, nudge, wink wink) with upholstery in
the back.

whit

> you applaud him for being a "regular guy." Of course, if a Republican
> does something like that, they're suddenly undignified.
>
> You and your ilk are getting incredibly desperate for propaganda.
> However, we are amused by your desperation, so please, keep it
> rolling.

Darwin Fish
July 12th 04, 08:39 PM
In article >,
"Erythritol" > wrote:

> gman99 > wrote in message
> > Steve > wrote:
> > > Colin Powell is dancing out Villiage People tunes for foriegn government
> > > officals:
> > >

> > When in Rome....
> >
> > Powell is surrounded by idiots....
>
> utter rubbish
>
> one can disagree with the bush admin's policies. that is reasonable.
> calling them idiots denies reality

True.... Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Rice might be evil but they are hardly
stupid.

Let the Darwin Fishes swim!
www.darwin-fish.com/fish.html