PDA

View Full Version : Can you look at my workout schedule?

artvandelay
July 18th 04, 08:32 PM
I do sets like this, increasing weight with each set: 12 reps, 10
reps, 8 reps, 6 reps, 6 reps.

day 1: Chest
bench press
incline bench press
chest flyes

day 2: Shoulders
military press
arnold dumbell press
side dumbell lifts (up to my sides, parallel to floor, then down)

day 3: rest

day 4: back/arms
reverse bend-over barbell rows
barbell bicep curl
drag curls (for bi's and forearms)
tricep overhead press

day 5: situps/crunches

day 6: situps/crunches

day 7: rest

me: age 35, 165 lbs, 5'8", narrow frame, just looking to put on some
muscle. I'm eating a lot and lifting 3-4 times a week. Seems I'm not
getting the results I want - just want a nice beach body - nothing
spectacular. Also, I dont think I'm doing anything for my LOWER BACK.
No good, right?

Ken Palmateer
July 18th 04, 09:41 PM
On 18 Jul 2004 12:32:11 -0700,
(artvandelay) wrote:

>day 1: Chest
>bench press
>incline bench press
>chest flyes
>
>day 2: Shoulders
>military press
>arnold dumbell press
>side dumbell lifts (up to my sides, parallel to floor, then down)
>
>day 3: rest
>
>day 4: back/arms
>reverse bend-over barbell rows
>barbell bicep curl
>drag curls (for bi's and forearms)
>tricep overhead press
>
>day 5: situps/crunches
>
>day 6: situps/crunches
>

>me: age 35, 165 lbs, 5'8", narrow frame, just looking to put on some
>muscle. I'm eating a lot and lifting 3-4 times a week. Seems I'm not
>getting the results I want - just want a nice beach body - nothing
>spectacular. Also, I dont think I'm doing anything for my LOWER BACK.
>No good, right?

You probably will end up overworking your front delts on this routine.
As well, for the same reason, move one of your ab workouts to day 2 or
day 3 for the same reason. kp

Art S
July 18th 04, 10:01 PM
"artvandelay" > wrote in message
m...
> I do sets like this, increasing weight with each set: 12 reps, 10
> reps, 8 reps, 6 reps, 6 reps.
>
> day 1: Chest
> bench press
> incline bench press
> chest flyes
>
> day 2: Shoulders
> military press
> arnold dumbell press
> side dumbell lifts (up to my sides, parallel to floor, then down)
>
> day 3: rest
>
> day 4: back/arms
> reverse bend-over barbell rows
> barbell bicep curl
> drag curls (for bi's and forearms)
> tricep overhead press
>
> day 5: situps/crunches
>
> day 6: situps/crunches
>
> day 7: rest
>
> me: age 35, 165 lbs, 5'8", narrow frame, just looking to put on some
> muscle. I'm eating a lot and lifting 3-4 times a week. Seems I'm not
> getting the results I want - just want a nice beach body - nothing
> spectacular. Also, I dont think I'm doing anything for my LOWER BACK.
> No good, right?

Nope.

You also left out your legs...

Art

Blast Off!
July 19th 04, 01:16 AM
On 18 Jul 2004 12:32:11 -0700,
(artvandelay) wrote:

>I do sets like this, increasing weight with each set: 12 reps, 10
>reps, 8 reps, 6 reps, 6 reps.
>
>day 1: Chest
>bench press
>incline bench press
>chest flyes
>
>day 2: Shoulders
>military press
>arnold dumbell press
>side dumbell lifts (up to my sides, parallel to floor, then down)
>
>day 3: rest
>
>day 4: back/arms
>reverse bend-over barbell rows
>barbell bicep curl
>drag curls (for bi's and forearms)
>tricep overhead press
>
>day 5: situps/crunches
>
>day 6: situps/crunches
>
>day 7: rest
>
>me: age 35, 165 lbs, 5'8", narrow frame, just looking to put on some
>muscle. I'm eating a lot and lifting 3-4 times a week. Seems I'm not
>getting the results I want - just want a nice beach body - nothing
>spectacular. Also, I dont think I'm doing anything for my LOWER BACK.
>No good, right?

Lower back isnt that important for what I think it is you are trying
to achieve, you'd probably be much better off adding something for
Hamstrings and Quads than lower back.

Are you doing doing 5 sets for each exercise? ie 15 sets for one
muscle group? If so you are seriously overdoing it. If you can do 15
sets for one muscle group you cant be lifting enough weight. Add
weight slowly to get used to it. I'd also stick to 1 excercise per
bodypart for each day and do 2 different muscles each session. Also
arrange it to do a workout day then a rest day so you workout every
other day, because you are basically resting for days 5-7 which is
probably too long. And eat more protein!

artvandelay
July 19th 04, 04:00 AM
"Art S" > wrote in message >...
> "artvandelay" > wrote in message
> m...
> > I do sets like this, increasing weight with each set: 12 reps, 10
> > reps, 8 reps, 6 reps, 6 reps.
> >
> > day 1: Chest
> > bench press
> > incline bench press
> > chest flyes
> >
> > day 2: Shoulders
> > military press
> > arnold dumbell press
> > side dumbell lifts (up to my sides, parallel to floor, then down)
> >
> > day 3: rest
> >
> > day 4: back/arms
> > reverse bend-over barbell rows
> > barbell bicep curl
> > drag curls (for bi's and forearms)
> > tricep overhead press
> >
> > day 5: situps/crunches
> >
> > day 6: situps/crunches
> >
> > day 7: rest
> >
> > me: age 35, 165 lbs, 5'8", narrow frame, just looking to put on some
> > muscle. I'm eating a lot and lifting 3-4 times a week. Seems I'm not
> > getting the results I want - just want a nice beach body - nothing
> > spectacular. Also, I dont think I'm doing anything for my LOWER BACK.
> > No good, right?
>
> Nope.
>
> You also left out your legs...
>
> Art

Ooops, forgot to mention squats, because I took a break from those
since my knees started hurting so much.

Wayne S. Hill
July 19th 04, 02:19 PM
Blast Off! wrote:

> (artvandelay) wrote:
>
>>me: age 35, 165 lbs, 5'8", narrow frame, just looking to put
>>on some muscle. I'm eating a lot and lifting 3-4 times a
>>week. Seems I'm not getting the results I want - just want a
>>nice beach body - nothing spectacular. Also, I dont think
>>I'm doing anything for my LOWER BACK. No good, right?
>
> Lower back isnt that important for what I think it is you
> are trying to achieve, you'd probably be much better off
> adding something for Hamstrings and Quads than lower back.

Are you serious?

--
-Wayne

Wayne S. Hill
July 19th 04, 02:21 PM
artvandelay wrote:

> Ooops, forgot to mention squats, because I took a break from
> those since my knees started hurting so much.

Step-ups would probably help your knees so you could squat
comfortably.

--
-Wayne

Blast Off!
July 19th 04, 09:35 PM
On 19 Jul 2004 13:19:39 GMT, "Wayne S. Hill" > wrote:

>Blast Off! wrote:
>
>> (artvandelay) wrote:
>>
>>>me: age 35, 165 lbs, 5'8", narrow frame, just looking to put
>>>on some muscle. I'm eating a lot and lifting 3-4 times a
>>>week. Seems I'm not getting the results I want - just want a
>>>nice beach body - nothing spectacular. Also, I dont think
>>>I'm doing anything for my LOWER BACK. No good, right?
>>
>> Lower back isnt that important for what I think it is you
>> are trying to achieve, you'd probably be much better off
>> adding something for Hamstrings and Quads than lower back.
>
>Are you serious?
>
>--
>-Wayne
Yes why?

Wayne S. Hill
July 19th 04, 11:03 PM
Blast Off! wrote:

> "Wayne S. Hill" > wrote:
>>Blast Off! wrote:

>>> Lower back isnt that important for what I think it is you
>>> are trying to achieve, you'd probably be much better off
>>> adding something for Hamstrings and Quads than lower back.
>>
>>Are you serious?
>>
> Yes why?

Because that's arguably the worst advice I've seen offered here.

--
-Wayne

Lee Michaels
July 20th 04, 01:36 AM
"Wayne S. Hill" wrote

> >>Are you serious?
> >>
> > Yes why?
>
> Because that's arguably the worst advice I've seen offered here.

Wayne is competing with Mr Hobman for niceness. ;)

And yes, it is horrid advice. This crap about how we don't need strength
and stability in our middle. Where do they get it?

Blast Off!
July 20th 04, 04:20 AM
On 19 Jul 2004 22:03:11 GMT, "Wayne S. Hill" > wrote:

>Blast Off! wrote:

>>>Are you serious?
>>>
>> Yes why?
>
>Because that's arguably the worst advice I've seen offered here.
>
>--
>-Wayne
Why? Bearing in mind what the guy is trying to achieve, ie put on a
bit of muscle for the beach, hes not trying to set any powerlifting
records, I think working the legs rather than the lower back is a much
more productive way of spending his time. I cant really see a couple
of girls on the beach having this conversation:
Girl 1: Oooh look at him!
Girl 2: Wow great pecs...and look at those arms!
Girl 3 Forget his arms check out those rhomboids baby!

Blast Off!
July 20th 04, 04:20 AM
On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 00:36:35 GMT, "Lee Michaels"
> wrote:

>> > Yes why?
>>
>> Because that's arguably the worst advice I've seen offered here.
>>
>Wayne is competing with Mr Hobman for niceness. ;)
>
>And yes, it is horrid advice. This crap about how we don't need strength
>and stability in our middle. Where do they get it?
Pay attention dumbass!

artvandelay
July 20th 04, 04:42 AM
(Blast Off!) wrote in message >...
> On 18 Jul 2004 12:32:11 -0700,
> (artvandelay) wrote:
>
> >I do sets like this, increasing weight with each set: 12 reps, 10
> >reps, 8 reps, 6 reps, 6 reps.
> >
> >day 1: Chest
> >bench press
> >incline bench press
> >chest flyes
> >
> >day 2: Shoulders
> >military press
> >arnold dumbell press
> >side dumbell lifts (up to my sides, parallel to floor, then down)
> >
> >day 3: rest
> >
> >day 4: back/arms
> >reverse bend-over barbell rows
> >barbell bicep curl
> >drag curls (for bi's and forearms)
> >tricep overhead press
> >
> >day 5: situps/crunches
> >
> >day 6: situps/crunches
> >
> >day 7: rest
> >
> >me: age 35, 165 lbs, 5'8", narrow frame, just looking to put on some
> >muscle. I'm eating a lot and lifting 3-4 times a week. Seems I'm not
> >getting the results I want - just want a nice beach body - nothing
> >spectacular. Also, I dont think I'm doing anything for my LOWER BACK.
> >No good, right?
>
> Lower back isnt that important for what I think it is you are trying
> to achieve, you'd probably be much better off adding something for
> Hamstrings and Quads than lower back.
>
> Are you doing doing 5 sets for each exercise? ie 15 sets for one
> muscle group? If so you are seriously overdoing it. If you can do 15
> sets for one muscle group you cant be lifting enough weight. Add
> weight slowly to get used to it. I'd also stick to 1 excercise per
> bodypart for each day and do 2 different muscles each session.

You mean like do both chest and shoulders in one session? With just 1
exercise per body part that would be only 2 exercises (i.e. bench
presses and military presses) in one session? thats enough? that seems
paltry to my inexperienced mind.

Lee Michaels
July 20th 04, 04:45 AM
"Blast Off!" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 00:36:35 GMT, "Lee Michaels"
> > wrote:
>

> >"Wayne S. Hill" wrote

> >> Because that's arguably the worst advice I've seen offered here.
> >>
> >Wayne is competing with Mr Hobman for niceness. ;)
> >
> >And yes, it is horrid advice. This crap about how we don't need strength
> >and stability in our middle. Where do they get it?
> Pay attention dumbass!

ASSuming for the moment that you are not mentally retarded, and can
understand this, it is still stupid advice. Not to say that people don't do
it. A couple sets of back extensions are not going to interfere with
anybody's goals, no matter how petty they may be. We have a big concern
around here about being healthy and lifting in a fashion that will serve you
in the long run.

There is no downside to working your middle so that you are strong. In
addition to that, the increased strength and stability helps with other
movements. If you want an intelligent, reasoned approach, you will train in
a well rounded and healthy manner.

If you want fads, short term goals and don't give a damn about your overall
health or safety, then listen to exploseive diarrhea Blast Off.

Dumbass.

artvandelay
July 20th 04, 05:01 AM
(Blast Off!) wrote in message >...
> On 18 Jul 2004 12:32:11 -0700,
> (artvandelay) wrote:
>
> >I do sets like this, increasing weight with each set: 12 reps, 10
> >reps, 8 reps, 6 reps, 6 reps.
> >
> >day 1: Chest
> >bench press
> >incline bench press
> >chest flyes
> >
> >day 2: Shoulders
> >military press
> >arnold dumbell press
> >side dumbell lifts (up to my sides, parallel to floor, then down)
> >
> >day 3: rest
> >
> >day 4: back/arms
> >reverse bend-over barbell rows
> >barbell bicep curl
> >drag curls (for bi's and forearms)
> >tricep overhead press
> >
> >day 5: situps/crunches
> >
> >day 6: situps/crunches
> >
> >day 7: rest
> >
> >me: age 35, 165 lbs, 5'8", narrow frame, just looking to put on some
> >muscle. I'm eating a lot and lifting 3-4 times a week. Seems I'm not
> >getting the results I want - just want a nice beach body - nothing
> >spectacular. Also, I dont think I'm doing anything for my LOWER BACK.
> >No good, right?
>
> Lower back isnt that important for what I think it is you are trying
> to achieve, you'd probably be much better off adding something for
> Hamstrings and Quads than lower back.
>
> Are you doing doing 5 sets for each exercise? ie 15 sets for one
> muscle group? If so you are seriously overdoing it. If you can do 15
> sets for one muscle group you cant be lifting enough weight. Add
> weight slowly to get used to it. I'd also stick to 1 excercise per
> bodypart for each day and do 2 different muscles each session. Also
> arrange it to do a workout day then a rest day so you workout every
> other day, because you are basically resting for days 5-7 which is
> probably too long. And eat more protein!

BlastOff, the first 2 sets (12 reps/10 reps) are like warm-up sets.
I'm not really working until I get to the third set. I'll use bench
press as an example;

12 reps, 50 lbs
10 reps, 70 lbs
8 reps, 85 lbs
6 reps, 110 lbs
6 reps, 110 lbs

Does what you said about overdoing it still apply? If so, how would
you suggest changing the above to not overdo it.

Thanks.

geek_girl
July 20th 04, 05:41 AM
In > Blast Off! wrote:
> On 19 Jul 2004 22:03:11 GMT, "Wayne S. Hill" > wrote:
>
>>Blast Off! wrote:

>>> Yes why?
>>
>>Because that's arguably the worst advice I've seen offered here.
>>
>>--
>>-Wayne
> Why? Bearing in mind what the guy is trying to achieve, ie put on a
> bit of muscle for the beach, hes not trying to set any powerlifting
> records, I think working the legs rather than the lower back is a much
> more productive way of spending his time.

It doesn't have to be a trade-off. He can and should work lower back in
addition to legs, and can even work lower back and hams with the same
exercise.

> I cant really see a couple
> of girls on the beach having this conversation:
> Girl 1: Oooh look at him!
> Girl 2: Wow great pecs...and look at those arms!
> Girl 3 Forget his arms check out those rhomboids baby!

Umm. Rhomboids are in the *upper* back.
http://www.exrx.net/Muscles/Rhomboids.html

And if you had a nicely developed lower back of very own, baby, you
might know that people *do* notice it.

Blast Off!
July 20th 04, 08:03 AM
>It doesn't have to be a trade-off.
I know but he was indicating he wanted one.

>> I cant really see a couple
>> of girls on the beach having this conversation:
>> Girl 1: Oooh look at him!
>> Girl 2: Wow great pecs...and look at those arms!
>> Girl 3 Forget his arms check out those rhomboids baby!
>
>Umm. Rhomboids are in the *upper* back.
>http://www.exrx.net/Muscles/Rhomboids.html
Mid back also I think you'll find.

>And if you had a nicely developed lower back of very own, baby, you
>might know that people *do* notice it.
I do and they dont. Except bodybuilders or fitness types.

Blast Off!
July 20th 04, 08:04 AM
On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 03:45:02 GMT, "Lee Michaels"
> wrote:

>"Blast Off!" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 00:36:35 GMT, "Lee Michaels"
>> > wrote:
>>

>> >"Wayne S. Hill" wrote

>> >Wayne is competing with Mr Hobman for niceness. ;)
>> >
>> >And yes, it is horrid advice. This crap about how we don't need strength
>> >and stability in our middle. Where do they get it?
>> Pay attention dumbass!
>
>ASSuming for the moment that you are not mentally retarded, and can
>understand this, it is still stupid advice. Not to say that people don't do
>it. A couple sets of back extensions are not going to interfere with
>anybody's goals, no matter how petty they may be. We have a big concern
>around here about being healthy and lifting in a fashion that will serve you
>in the long run.
>
>There is no downside to working your middle so that you are strong. In
>addition to that, the increased strength and stability helps with other
>movements. If you want an intelligent, reasoned approach, you will train in
>a well rounded and healthy manner.
>
>If you want fads, short term goals and don't give a damn about your overall
>health or safety, then listen to exploseive diarrhea Blast Off.
>
>Dumbass.
Lee you need to get out more.

geek_girl
July 20th 04, 10:58 AM
In > Blast Off! wrote:

>>It doesn't have to be a trade-off.
> I know but he was indicating he wanted one.
>
>>> I cant really see a couple
>>> of girls on the beach having this conversation:
>>> Girl 1: Oooh look at him!
>>> Girl 2: Wow great pecs...and look at those arms!
>>> Girl 3 Forget his arms check out those rhomboids baby!
>>
>>Umm. Rhomboids are in the *upper* back.
>>http://www.exrx.net/Muscles/Rhomboids.html
> Mid back also I think you'll find.

Definitely not *lower*.

>>And if you had a nicely developed lower back of very own, baby, you
>>might know that people *do* notice it.
> I do and they dont. Except bodybuilders or fitness types.

Not even close to the truth IME.

DanL
July 20th 04, 11:30 AM
"Blast Off!" > wrote in message
> Lee you need to get out more.

You asked "why" when someone contradicted your bad advice, now they have
given you reasons and you have only come up with stupid answers such as this
in response. I agree with the dumbass assertation.

DanL
July 20th 04, 11:34 AM
"Blast Off!" > wrote in message

> >-Wayne
> Why? Bearing in mind what the guy is trying to achieve, ie put on a
> bit of muscle for the beach, hes not trying to set any powerlifting
> records, I think working the legs rather than the lower back is a much
> more productive way of spending his time. I cant really see a couple
> of girls on the beach having this conversation:
> Girl 1: Oooh look at him!
> Girl 2: Wow great pecs...and look at those arms!
> Girl 3 Forget his arms check out those rhomboids baby!

We all agree that he should be doing leg work but core work is probably the
most important work you can do. Strong abs and lower back make everything
else you do easier.

How does your chick comment translate into core back work?

DanL
July 20th 04, 11:40 AM
"artvandelay" > wrote in message
om...
> (Blast Off!) wrote in message
> > On 18 Jul 2004 12:32:11 -0700,
> > (artvandelay) wrote:
> >
> > >I do sets like this, increasing weight with each set: 12 reps, 10
> > >reps, 8 reps, 6 reps, 6 reps.
> > >
> > >day 1: Chest
> > >bench press
> > >incline bench press
> > >chest flyes
> > >
> > >day 2: Shoulders
> > >military press
> > >arnold dumbell press
> > >side dumbell lifts (up to my sides, parallel to floor, then down)
> > >
> > >day 3: rest
> > >
> > >day 4: back/arms
> > >reverse bend-over barbell rows
> > >barbell bicep curl
> > >drag curls (for bi's and forearms)
> > >tricep overhead press
> > >
> > >day 5: situps/crunches
> > >
> > >day 6: situps/crunches
> > >
> > >day 7: rest
> > >
> > >me: age 35, 165 lbs, 5'8", narrow frame, just looking to put on some
> > >muscle. I'm eating a lot and lifting 3-4 times a week. Seems I'm not
> > >getting the results I want - just want a nice beach body - nothing
> > >spectacular. Also, I dont think I'm doing anything for my LOWER BACK.
> > >No good, right?

you gotta work legs. Things like squats and deads will cause your whole body
to grow. Working just chest and arms is never going to give you the results
you want. Stick to basic compound lifts- squat and/or deadlifts for your
legs and back, a pressing motion for your chest, shoulders and triceps, and
chinups or other weighted rowing motion for your upper back and biceps. As
a beginner you can do all of these in a single routine 2-3 times a week.

Get away from the idea that you need a million sets to get there. Your body
grows when it rests after working out. Right now you are hitting your
shoulders and triceps 2 days in a row, resting a day, then hitting them
again, and you have virtually ignored the biggest muscles in your body in
your legs and back.

Don't rush the results. It takes several months to start noticing any
changes to your body. Be patient, work hard, rest, and eat and you'll get
there.

Bully
July 20th 04, 01:15 PM
artvandelay wrote:
<snip>

> 12 reps, 50 lbs
> 10 reps, 70 lbs
> 8 reps, 85 lbs
> 6 reps, 110 lbs
> 6 reps, 110 lbs
>
> Does what you said about overdoing it still apply? If so, how would
> you suggest changing the above to not overdo it.

The above is not "overdoing" it!!!

--
Bully
Protein bars -- http://www.proteinbars.co.uk

Wayne S. Hill
July 20th 04, 01:42 PM
artvandelay wrote:

> (Blast Off!) wrote in message

>> Lower back isnt that important for what I think it is you
>> are trying to achieve, you'd probably be much better off
>> adding something for Hamstrings and Quads than lower back.
>>
>> Are you doing doing 5 sets for each exercise? ie 15 sets
>> for one muscle group? If so you are seriously overdoing it.
>> If you can do 15 sets for one muscle group you cant be
>> lifting enough weight. Add weight slowly to get used to it.
>> I'd also stick to 1 excercise per bodypart for each day and
>> do 2 different muscles each session.
>
> You mean like do both chest and shoulders in one session?
> With just 1 exercise per body part that would be only 2
> exercises (i.e. bench presses and military presses) in one
> session? thats enough? that seems paltry to my inexperienced
> mind.

I wouldn't bother dissecting this guy's advice.

--
-Wayne

Wayne S. Hill
July 20th 04, 01:44 PM
artvandelay wrote:

> (Blast Off!) wrote in message

> BlastOff, the first 2 sets (12 reps/10 reps) are like
> warm-up sets. I'm not really working until I get to the
> third set. I'll use bench press as an example;
>
> 12 reps, 50 lbs
> 10 reps, 70 lbs
> 8 reps, 85 lbs
> 6 reps, 110 lbs
> 6 reps, 110 lbs
>
> Does what you said about overdoing it still apply? If so,
> how would you suggest changing the above to not overdo it.

As Bully said, this is certainly not overdoing it. However, as I
commented elsewhere, I'd warm up differently, along the lines that
Jeff Finlayson (I think it was) mentioned. The objective is to
warm up sufficiently, but to do all of the real work at the
heaviest weight.

--
-Wayne

Wayne S. Hill
July 20th 04, 01:50 PM
Blast Off! wrote:

> "Wayne S. Hill" > wrote:
>>Blast Off! wrote:

>>> Yes why?
>>
>>Because that's arguably the worst advice I've seen offered
>>here.
>>
> Why? Bearing in mind what the guy is trying to achieve, ie
> put on a bit of muscle for the beach, hes not trying to set
> any powerlifting records, I think working the legs rather
> than the lower back is a much more productive way of
> spending his time. I cant really see a couple of girls on
> the beach having this conversation: Girl 1: Oooh look at
> him! Girl 2: Wow great pecs...and look at those arms!
> Girl 3 Forget his arms check out those rhomboids baby!

You really don't know what you're talking about.

- There is no need to choose between working legs OR back.
- Whatever your strength training goals, they should promote
overall health and wellbeing. Working your torso musculature
should go way up that list.
- Women dig backs. If you don't know that, you don't know
much.

--
-Wayne

Pat Styles
July 20th 04, 02:47 PM
"Blast Off!" > wrote in message
> On 19 Jul 2004 22:03:11 GMT, "Wayne S. Hill" > wrote:
>
> >Blast Off! wrote:

> >> Yes why?
> >
> >Because that's arguably the worst advice I've seen offered here.
> >
> >--
> >-Wayne
> Why? Bearing in mind what the guy is trying to achieve, ie put on a
> bit of muscle for the beach, hes not trying to set any powerlifting
> records, I think working the legs rather than the lower back is a much
> more productive way of spending his time. I cant really see a couple
> of girls on the beach having this conversation:
> Girl 1: Oooh look at him!
> Girl 2: Wow great pecs...and look at those arms!
> Girl 3 Forget his arms check out those rhomboids baby!

Well, there you go. Anyone who counts rhomboids as lower back is definitely the
person to be dishing out advice. Lead on MacDuff!
ps

Pat Styles
July 20th 04, 02:48 PM
"Blast Off!" > wrote in message

> >It doesn't have to be a trade-off.
> I know but he was indicating he wanted one.
>
> >> I cant really see a couple
> >> of girls on the beach having this conversation:
> >> Girl 1: Oooh look at him!
> >> Girl 2: Wow great pecs...and look at those arms!
> >> Girl 3 Forget his arms check out those rhomboids baby!
> >
> >Umm. Rhomboids are in the *upper* back.
> >http://www.exrx.net/Muscles/Rhomboids.html
> Mid back also I think you'll find.

No, slick, upper back.

> >And if you had a nicely developed lower back of very own, baby, you
> >might know that people *do* notice it.
> I do and they dont. Except bodybuilders or fitness types.

How do you know since it is apparent you don't even know what muscles are in the
lower back?
ps

Lee Michaels
July 20th 04, 02:54 PM
"Pat Styles" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Blast Off!" > wrote in message

> > >Because that's arguably the worst advice I've seen offered here.
> > >
> > >--
> > >-Wayne
> > Why? Bearing in mind what the guy is trying to achieve, ie put on a
> > bit of muscle for the beach, hes not trying to set any powerlifting
> > records, I think working the legs rather than the lower back is a much
> > more productive way of spending his time. I cant really see a couple
> > of girls on the beach having this conversation:
> > Girl 1: Oooh look at him!
> > Girl 2: Wow great pecs...and look at those arms!
> > Girl 3 Forget his arms check out those rhomboids baby!
>
> Well, there you go. Anyone who counts rhomboids as lower back is
definitely the
> person to be dishing out advice. Lead on MacDuff!
> ps

Well he DID get within a foot or so of the general area. LOL

And the idea that a horny teenager really knows what women talk about and
want is pretty laughable as well. Maybe he could write a little book.

The Horny Teenagers Guide To Training And Picking Up Fantasy Women by Blast
Off.

It would be a best seller.

DRS
July 20th 04, 04:19 PM
"geek_girl" > wrote in message

> In > Blast Off! wrote:

[...]

>>> And if you had a nicely developed lower back of very own, baby, you
>>> might know that people *do* notice it.
>> I do and they dont. Except bodybuilders or fitness types.
>
> Not even close to the truth IME.

So, do you grrlies rate a nice erector spinae above or below nice glutes?

--

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as
equals."

Bully
July 20th 04, 05:22 PM
DRS wrote:
> "geek_girl" > wrote in message
>
>> In > Blast Off! wrote:
>
> [...]
>>> I do and they dont. Except bodybuilders or fitness types.
>>
>> Not even close to the truth IME.
>
> So, do you grrlies rate a nice erector spinae above or below nice
> glutes?

Unless you're badly misformed I think you will find your erector spinae
should be above your nice glutes?

--
Bully
Protein bars -- http://www.proteinbars.co.uk
Everything else -- http://www.proteinbars.co.uk/tmof.html

DRS
July 20th 04, 06:59 PM
"Bully" > wrote in message

> DRS wrote:
>> "geek_girl" > wrote in message
>>
>>> In > Blast Off! wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>>
>>> Not even close to the truth IME.
>>
>> So, do you grrlies rate a nice erector spinae above or below nice
>> glutes?
>
> Unless you're badly misformed I think you will find your erector
> spinae should be above your nice glutes?

whoosh

--

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as
equals."
Winston Churchill

Ellis
July 20th 04, 07:00 PM
"Blast Off!" > wrote in message

> >And if you had a nicely developed lower back of very own, baby, you
> >might know that people *do* notice it.
> I do and they dont. Except bodybuilders or fitness types.

Back development is mostly responsible for that tapered "V" shape that,
supposedly, a lot of men want and some women find attractive. A lot of
people think they get this shape from grinding away on bench press. They
are rong.

Ellis
--
Apply yourself. Take a few risks. Have fun with it.

Proton Soup
July 20th 04, 07:34 PM
On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 19:00:17 +0100, "Ellis" >
wrote:

>"Blast Off!" > wrote in message
>>
>> >And if you had a nicely developed lower back of very own, baby, you
>> >might know that people *do* notice it.
>> I do and they dont. Except bodybuilders or fitness types.
>
>Back development is mostly responsible for that tapered "V" shape that,
>supposedly, a lot of men want and some women find attractive. A lot of
>people think they get this shape from grinding away on bench press. They
>are rong.

Chinups rool dood!

-----------
Proton Soup

"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum."

geek_girl
July 20th 04, 07:41 PM
In > DRS wrote:
> "geek_girl" > wrote in message
>
>> In > Blast Off! wrote:
>
> [...]
>>> I do and they dont. Except bodybuilders or fitness types.
>>
>> Not even close to the truth IME.
>
> So, do you grrlies rate a nice erector spinae above or below nice
> glutes?

I don't know about the other grrlies, but I'm a greedy wench. I want it
all. A guy with nice glutes and legs, nice back (upper and lower), chest,
shoulders and arms. And a really hyooge brain (and not afraid to use it).

artvandelay
July 20th 04, 08:14 PM
"Wayne S. Hill" > wrote in message >...
> artvandelay wrote:
>
> > (Blast Off!) wrote in message
>
> >> Lower back isnt that important for what I think it is you
> >> are trying to achieve, you'd probably be much better off
> >> adding something for Hamstrings and Quads than lower back.
> >>
> >> Are you doing doing 5 sets for each exercise? ie 15 sets
> >> for one muscle group? If so you are seriously overdoing it.
> >> If you can do 15 sets for one muscle group you cant be
> >> lifting enough weight. Add weight slowly to get used to it.
> >> I'd also stick to 1 excercise per bodypart for each day and
> >> do 2 different muscles each session.
> >
> > You mean like do both chest and shoulders in one session?
> > With just 1 exercise per body part that would be only 2
> > exercises (i.e. bench presses and military presses) in one
> > session? thats enough? that seems paltry to my inexperienced
> > mind.
>
> I wouldn't bother dissecting this guy's advice.

Wayne, are you talking about Blast Off or Dan's post just above? If
you are talking about Blast Off, then how would you rate Dan's advice
above (he seems to be expanding on Balst Off's advice).

Thanks, I respect you opinion.

Art

DanL
July 20th 04, 09:29 PM
"artvandelay" > wrote in message

> Wayne, are you talking about Blast Off or Dan's post just above? If
> you are talking about Blast Off, then how would you rate Dan's advice
> above (he seems to be expanding on Balst Off's advice).
>
> Thanks, I respect you opinion.
>
> Art

I was in no way expanding on Blast Off's advice. Read my post again. The
lifts I gave you will hit your entire body. They are the foundation of
nearly every good routine.

Dan

Wayne S. Hill
July 20th 04, 09:30 PM
artvandelay wrote:

> "Wayne S. Hill" > wrote in message
>> artvandelay wrote:

>> > You mean like do both chest and shoulders in one session?
>> > With just 1 exercise per body part that would be only 2
>> > exercises (i.e. bench presses and military presses) in
>> > one session? thats enough? that seems paltry to my
>> > inexperienced mind.
>>
>> I wouldn't bother dissecting this guy's advice.
>
> Wayne, are you talking about Blast Off or Dan's post just
> above? If you are talking about Blast Off, then how would
> you rate Dan's advice above (he seems to be expanding on
> Balst Off's advice).

I think you're misreading the thread. Dan's advice is good, but
is not present in this thread.

> Thanks, I respect you opinion.

You fool!

--
-Wayne

Top Sirloin
July 20th 04, 09:51 PM
The Queen of Cans and Jars wrote:
> geek_girl > wrote:

>>>[...]
>>>
>>>So, do you grrlies rate a nice erector spinae above or below nice
>>>glutes?
>>
>>I don't know about the other grrlies, but I'm a greedy wench. I want it
>>all. A guy with nice glutes and legs, nice back (upper and lower), chest,
>>shoulders and arms. And a really hyooge brain (and not afraid to use it).
>

> what she said.

Where are you going to find a guy like that?

--
Scott Johnson / scottjohnson at kc dot rr dot com

The Queen of Cans and Jars
July 20th 04, 10:06 PM
geek_girl > wrote:

> In > DRS wrote:
> > "geek_girl" > wrote in message
> >
> >> In > Blast Off! wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >>
> >> Not even close to the truth IME.
> >
> > So, do you grrlies rate a nice erector spinae above or below nice
> > glutes?
>
> I don't know about the other grrlies, but I'm a greedy wench. I want it
> all. A guy with nice glutes and legs, nice back (upper and lower), chest,
> shoulders and arms. And a really hyooge brain (and not afraid to use it).

what she said.

Blast Off!
July 20th 04, 10:06 PM
On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 06:48:39 -0700, "Pat Styles"
> wrote:

>"Blast Off!" > wrote in message
>>
>> >It doesn't have to be a trade-off.
>> I know but he was indicating he wanted one.

>> >Umm. Rhomboids are in the *upper* back.
>> >http://www.exrx.net/Muscles/Rhomboids.html
>> Mid back also I think you'll find.
>
>No, slick, upper back.
I believe slick, the the area is also refered to as the "mid-back".

>> >And if you had a nicely developed lower back of very own, baby, you
>> >might know that people *do* notice it.
>> I do and they dont. Except bodybuilders or fitness types.
>
>How do you know since it is apparent you don't even know what muscles are in the
>lower back?
>ps
If you pay attention you'll see I never actually said Rhomboids were
in the lower back, I used Rhomboids in my little joke because I
thought the word "Rhomboid" was funnier than "Lower back" and to my
knowledge is also fairly low on the average beach going girls list of
favortie muscles to check out. If and of you people werent so high
strung and had half a sense of humour you might agree instead of
giving me some kind of pathetic personal trainer pro wannabe talk just
because I told a non-hardcore "wanna get toned" type to drop the lower
back excercises and do something for legs.

Blast Off!
July 20th 04, 10:08 PM
wrote:

>"Blast Off!" > wrote in message
>>
>> >And if you had a nicely developed lower back of very own, baby, you
>> >might know that people *do* notice it.
>> I do and they dont. Except bodybuilders or fitness types.
>
>Back development is mostly responsible for that tapered "V" shape that,
>supposedly, a lot of men want and some women find attractive. A lot of
>people think they get this shape from grinding away on bench press. They
>are rong.
>
>Ellis
I am well aware of this!!! Although I find the V comes from mid/upper
back mainly. All I said was he'd be better off doing something with
his legs rather than with his lower back!!! Do you not agree?

Blast Off!
July 20th 04, 10:09 PM
On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 06:34:16 -0400, "DanL" > wrote:

>"Blast Off!" > wrote in message
>>
>> >-Wayne
>> Why? Bearing in mind what the guy is trying to achieve, ie put on a
>> bit of muscle for the beach, hes not trying to set any powerlifting
>> records, I think working the legs rather than the lower back is a much
>> more productive way of spending his time. I cant really see a couple
>> of girls on the beach having this conversation:
>> Girl 1: Oooh look at him!
>> Girl 2: Wow great pecs...and look at those arms!
>> Girl 3 Forget his arms check out those rhomboids baby!
>>

>We all agree that he should be doing leg work but core work is probably the
>most important work you can do. Strong abs and lower back make everything
>else you do easier.
>
>How does your chick comment translate into core back work?
Its really time to GET OUT MORE.

Top Sirloin
July 20th 04, 10:09 PM
geek_girl wrote:

> Top Sirloin wrote:
>
>> The Queen of Cans and Jars wrote:

>>> what she said.
>>

>> Where are you going to find a guy like that?
>

> Only in my dreams, baby.

Uh, how about mfw? There's lots of buff lifter
nerds here.

--
Scott Johnson / scottjohnson at kc dot rr dot com

Blast Off!
July 20th 04, 10:12 PM
On 20 Jul 2004 12:50:58 GMT, "Wayne S. Hill" > wrote:

>Blast Off! wrote:

>>>Because that's arguably the worst advice I've seen offered
>>>here.
>>>
>> Why? Bearing in mind what the guy is trying to achieve, ie
>> put on a bit of muscle for the beach, hes not trying to set
>> any powerlifting records, I think working the legs rather
>> than the lower back is a much more productive way of
>> spending his time. I cant really see a couple of girls on
>> the beach having this conversation: Girl 1: Oooh look at
>> him! Girl 2: Wow great pecs...and look at those arms!
>> Girl 3 Forget his arms check out those rhomboids baby!
>
>You really don't know what you're talking about.
>
> - There is no need to choose between working legs OR back.
> - Whatever your strength training goals, they should promote
>overall health and wellbeing. Working your torso musculature
>should go way up that list.
> - Women dig backs. If you don't know that, you don't know
>much.
****ing hell! Im not anti back work! Pay attention! I know they do, I
wasnt bashing back work was just givning some simple advice to a
really bad training plan, ie if time is limited hed be better off
doing something to his legs and dropping the lower back work.

Lee Michaels
July 20th 04, 10:18 PM
"Blast Off!" babbled

> If you pay attention you'll see I never actually said Rhomboids were
> in the lower back, I used Rhomboids in my little joke because I
> thought the word "Rhomboid" was funnier than "Lower back" and to my
> knowledge is also fairly low on the average beach going girls list of
> favortie muscles to check out. If and of you people werent so high
> strung and had half a sense of humour you might agree instead of
> giving me some kind of pathetic personal trainer pro wannabe talk just
> because I told a non-hardcore "wanna get toned" type to drop the lower
> back excercises and do something for legs.

Tell me, do women dig the illiterate nonsense that rolls forth so easily
from your mouth?

DRS
July 20th 04, 10:23 PM
"The Queen of Cans and Jars" > wrote in message

> geek_girl > wrote:
>> In > DRS wrote:

[...]

>>> So, do you grrlies rate a nice erector spinae above or below nice
>>> glutes?
>>
>> I don't know about the other grrlies, but I'm a greedy wench. I want
>> it all. A guy with nice glutes and legs, nice back (upper and
>> lower), chest, shoulders and arms. And a really hyooge brain (and
>> not afraid to use it).
>
> what she said.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. But I was always led to believe that a cute bum is a sure
trigger of naughty grrlie thoughts, now I'm told erector spinae as well? I
mean, if I'm going to risk my back exploding doing all those back extensions
I want reassurance it's worthwhile.

--

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as
equals."
Winston Churchill

Blast Off!
July 20th 04, 10:26 PM
On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 13:54:45 GMT, "Lee Michaels"
> wrote:

>"Pat Styles" > wrote in message
>news:[email protected]

>> > Why? Bearing in mind what the guy is trying to achieve, ie put on a
>> > bit of muscle for the beach, hes not trying to set any powerlifting
>> > records, I think working the legs rather than the lower back is a much
>> > more productive way of spending his time. I cant really see a couple
>> > of girls on the beach having this conversation:
>> > Girl 1: Oooh look at him!
>> > Girl 2: Wow great pecs...and look at those arms!
>> > Girl 3 Forget his arms check out those rhomboids baby!
>>
>> Well, there you go. Anyone who counts rhomboids as lower back is
>definitely the
>> person to be dishing out advice. Lead on MacDuff!
>> ps
>>
>Well he DID get within a foot or so of the general area. LOL
>
>And the idea that a horny teenager really knows what women talk about and
>want is pretty laughable as well. Maybe he could write a little book.
And maybe you could get a little sense of humour to add to match your
little willie and brain.

>The Horny Teenagers Guide To Training And Picking Up Fantasy Women by Blast
>Off.
>
>It would be a best seller.
My god, the anger and bitterness because I made some slight little
comment you disagree with is really just sad. Perhaps you could write
a little book too "Lee Micheals, Hes Old AND He Knows What Women Want,
Just Call 0800 KNOWS WHAT YOU WANT" It probably wouldnt be a best
seller but at least you could tell your friends you tried!

Blast Off!
July 20th 04, 10:28 PM
On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 16:29:00 -0400, "DanL" > wrote:

>"artvandelay" > wrote in message
>>
>> Wayne, are you talking about Blast Off or Dan's post just above? If
>> you are talking about Blast Off, then how would you rate Dan's advice
>> above (he seems to be expanding on Balst Off's advice).
>>
>> Thanks, I respect you opinion.
>>
>> Art
>
>I was in no way expanding on Blast Off's advice.
If you read my post a bit more carefully instead of having a fit about
the lower back thing, you'd see you actually WERE expanding on my
advice.

Blast Off!
July 20th 04, 10:32 PM
On 19 Jul 2004 21:01:05 -0700,
(artvandelay) wrote:

(Blast Off!) wrote in message >...
>> On 18 Jul 2004 12:32:11 -0700,
>> (artvandelay) wrote:
>>
>> >I do sets like this, increasing weight with each set: 12 reps, 10
>> >reps, 8 reps, 6 reps, 6 reps.
>> >
>> >day 1: Chest
>> >bench press
>> >incline bench press
>> >chest flyes
>> >
>> >day 2: Shoulders
>> >military press
>> >arnold dumbell press
>> >side dumbell lifts (up to my sides, parallel to floor, then down)
>> >
>> >day 3: rest
>> >
>> >day 4: back/arms
>> >reverse bend-over barbell rows
>> >barbell bicep curl
>> >drag curls (for bi's and forearms)
>> >tricep overhead press
>> >
>> >day 5: situps/crunches
>> >
>> >day 6: situps/crunches
>> >
>> >day 7: rest
>> >
>> >me: age 35, 165 lbs, 5'8", narrow frame, just looking to put on some
>> >muscle. I'm eating a lot and lifting 3-4 times a week. Seems I'm not
>> >getting the results I want - just want a nice beach body - nothing
>> >spectacular. Also, I dont think I'm doing anything for my LOWER BACK.
>> >No good, right?
>>
>> Lower back isnt that important for what I think it is you are trying
>> to achieve, you'd probably be much better off adding something for
>> Hamstrings and Quads than lower back.
>>
>> Are you doing doing 5 sets for each exercise? ie 15 sets for one
>> muscle group? If so you are seriously overdoing it. If you can do 15
>> sets for one muscle group you cant be lifting enough weight. Add
>> weight slowly to get used to it. I'd also stick to 1 excercise per
>> bodypart for each day and do 2 different muscles each session. Also
>> arrange it to do a workout day then a rest day so you workout every
>> other day, because you are basically resting for days 5-7 which is
>> probably too long. And eat more protein!
>
>BlastOff, the first 2 sets (12 reps/10 reps) are like warm-up sets.
>I'm not really working until I get to the third set. I'll use bench
>press as an example;
>
>12 reps, 50 lbs
>10 reps, 70 lbs
>8 reps, 85 lbs
>6 reps, 110 lbs
>6 reps, 110 lbs
>
>Does what you said about overdoing it still apply? If so, how would
>you suggest changing the above to not overdo it.
>
>Thanks.
No thats fine, I was refering to doing 3 different excercises for the
same muscle group in one session - ie amounting to 15 sets for the
chest. Thats overdoing it.

Blast Off!
July 20th 04, 10:39 PM
On 19 Jul 2004 20:42:49 -0700,
(artvandelay) wrote:

(Blast Off!) wrote in message >...
>> On 18 Jul 2004 12:32:11 -0700,
>> (artvandelay) wrote:
>>
>> >I do sets like this, increasing weight with each set: 12 reps, 10
>> >reps, 8 reps, 6 reps, 6 reps.
>> >
>> >day 1: Chest
>> >bench press
>> >incline bench press
>> >chest flyes
>> >
>> >day 2: Shoulders
>> >military press
>> >arnold dumbell press
>> >side dumbell lifts (up to my sides, parallel to floor, then down)
>> >
>> >day 3: rest
>> >
>> >day 4: back/arms
>> >reverse bend-over barbell rows
>> >barbell bicep curl
>> >drag curls (for bi's and forearms)
>> >tricep overhead press
>> >
>> >day 5: situps/crunches
>> >
>> >day 6: situps/crunches
>> >
>> >day 7: rest
>> >
>> >me: age 35, 165 lbs, 5'8", narrow frame, just looking to put on some
>> >muscle. I'm eating a lot and lifting 3-4 times a week. Seems I'm not
>> >getting the results I want - just want a nice beach body - nothing
>> >spectacular. Also, I dont think I'm doing anything for my LOWER BACK.
>> >No good, right?
>>
>> Lower back isnt that important for what I think it is you are trying
>> to achieve, you'd probably be much better off adding something for
>> Hamstrings and Quads than lower back.
>>
>> Are you doing doing 5 sets for each exercise? ie 15 sets for one
>> muscle group? If so you are seriously overdoing it. If you can do 15
>> sets for one muscle group you cant be lifting enough weight. Add
>> weight slowly to get used to it. I'd also stick to 1 excercise per
>> bodypart for each day and do 2 different muscles each session.
>
>You mean like do both chest and shoulders in one session? With just 1
>exercise per body part that would be only 2 exercises (i.e. bench
>presses and military presses) in one session? thats enough? that seems
>paltry to my inexperienced mind.
Yes, and dont excercise anything more than twice a week. The best
advise I can give you is to really read up on a site like
www.bodybuilding.com rather than asking here, you could find out
anything you'd ever want to know about the subject. Then you can shape
your own programme for your own needs rather than having some 250lb
duffus telling you to excercise your inner ear muscles cos women love
them. As you've seen asking on here you'll get a lot of differents
answers not all of them helpful and a lot of pointless bitching and
whinging from those with no sense of reality of humour.

Blast Off!
July 20th 04, 10:41 PM
On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 21:18:22 GMT, "Lee Michaels"
> wrote:

>"Blast Off!" babbled
>
>> If you pay attention you'll see I never actually said Rhomboids were
>> in the lower back, I used Rhomboids in my little joke because I
>> thought the word "Rhomboid" was funnier than "Lower back" and to my
>> knowledge is also fairly low on the average beach going girls list of
>> favortie muscles to check out. If and of you people werent so high
>> strung and had half a sense of humour you might agree instead of
>> giving me some kind of pathetic personal trainer pro wannabe talk just
>> because I told a non-hardcore "wanna get toned" type to drop the lower
>> back excercises and do something for legs.
>>

>Tell me, do women dig the illiterate nonsense that rolls forth so easily
>from your mouth?
The follow up would be "The Lee Micheals story - What women wanted"

DRS
July 20th 04, 10:43 PM
"Blast Off!" > wrote in message

[...]

> Yes, and dont excercise anything more than twice a week. The best

Why? His goal is hypertrophy.

--

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as
equals."
Winston Churchill

Keith Hobman
July 20th 04, 10:44 PM
In article >,
(Blast Off!) wrote:

> On 19 Jul 2004 20:42:49 -0700,
> (artvandelay) wrote:
>
> (Blast Off!) wrote in message

> >> Lower back isnt that important for what I think it is you are trying
> >> to achieve, you'd probably be much better off adding something for
> >> Hamstrings and Quads than lower back.
> >>
> >> Are you doing doing 5 sets for each exercise? ie 15 sets for one
> >> muscle group? If so you are seriously overdoing it. If you can do 15
> >> sets for one muscle group you cant be lifting enough weight. Add
> >> weight slowly to get used to it. I'd also stick to 1 excercise per
> >> bodypart for each day and do 2 different muscles each session.
> >
> >You mean like do both chest and shoulders in one session? With just 1
> >exercise per body part that would be only 2 exercises (i.e. bench
> >presses and military presses) in one session? thats enough? that seems
> >paltry to my inexperienced mind.
> Yes, and dont excercise anything more than twice a week. The best
> advise I can give you is to really read up on a site like
> www.bodybuilding.com rather than asking here, you could find out
> anything you'd ever want to know about the subject. Then you can shape
> your own programme for your own needs rather than having some 250lb
> duffus telling you to excercise your inner ear muscles cos women love
> them. As you've seen asking on here you'll get a lot of differents
> answers not all of them helpful and a lot of pointless bitching and
> whinging from those with no sense of reality of humour.

I agree - but most of the bitching and lack of humour is coming from you...

Lee Michaels
July 20th 04, 10:56 PM
"Blast Off!" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 21:18:22 GMT, "Lee Michaels"
> > wrote:
>

> >"Blast Off!" babbled
> >
> >> If you pay attention you'll see I never actually said Rhomboids were
> >> in the lower back, I used Rhomboids in my little joke because I
> >> thought the word "Rhomboid" was funnier than "Lower back" and to my
> >> knowledge is also fairly low on the average beach going girls list of
> >> favortie muscles to check out. If and of you people werent so high
> >> strung and had half a sense of humour you might agree instead of
> >> giving me some kind of pathetic personal trainer pro wannabe talk just
> >> because I told a non-hardcore "wanna get toned" type to drop the lower
> >> back excercises and do something for legs.
> >>

> >Tell me, do women dig the illiterate nonsense that rolls forth so easily
> >from your mouth?
> The follow up would be "The Lee Micheals story - What women wanted"

Besides tha fact that you can't spell my name, I never pretended to know
what women want. In fact what is so funny about your nonsense is the
presumption that women OBJECTIVELY discuss things that are probably quite
subjective. Or at least has a big subjective component.

I would never pretend t know what women are feeling or saying. I know
better. And you supposedly have it all figured out. Along with some REALLY
BAD training advice.

Jeff Finlayson
July 20th 04, 10:59 PM
artvandelay wrote:
> Wayne S. Hill wrote:
>> artvandelay wrote:

>>>You mean like do both chest and shoulders in one session?
>>>With just 1 exercise per body part that would be only 2
>>>exercises (i.e. bench presses and military presses) in one
>>>session? thats enough? that seems paltry to my inexperienced
>>>mind.
>>
>>I wouldn't bother dissecting this guy's advice.
>
> Wayne, are you talking about Blast Off or Dan's post just above?

Well the text above is not from Dan..

> If
> you are talking about Blast Off, then how would you rate Dan's advice
> above (he seems to be expanding on Balst Off's advice).
>
> Thanks, I respect you opinion.
> Art

geek_girl
July 20th 04, 11:09 PM
Top Sirloin wrote:

> The Queen of Cans and Jars wrote:
>
>> geek_girl > wrote:

>>> I don't know about the other grrlies, but I'm a greedy wench. I want it
>>> all. A guy with nice glutes and legs, nice back (upper and lower),
>>> chest,
>>> shoulders and arms. And a really hyooge brain (and not afraid to use
>>> it).
>>

>> what she said.
>

> Where are you going to find a guy like that?

Only in my dreams, baby.

Lee Michaels
July 20th 04, 11:11 PM
"Blast Off!" babbled his usual bull****

> Yes, and dont excercise anything more than twice a week. The best
> advise I can give you is to really read up on a site like
> www.bodybuilding.com rather than asking here, you could find out
> anything you'd ever want to know about the subject. Then you can shape
> your own programme for your own needs rather than having some 250lb
> duffus telling you to excercise your inner ear muscles cos women love
> them. As you've seen asking on here you'll get a lot of differents
> answers not all of them helpful and a lot of pointless bitching and
> whinging from those with no sense of reality of humour.

This guy is really good. I think he is a good candidate for IOM.

And for never working anything more than twice a week, There are millions of
athletes who do it all the time. And many folks who hit the weights as well.
It is a tried and tru protocol, as long as it is done correctly.

Anybody who recommends a single source of information is not very bright.
Anyone who is serious not only researches from multiple sources, but learns
from their own experiences.

What Blasted doesn't understand that we were NOT recommending lower back
exercises because of Blasted's fantasies about what women want. We were
suggesting that health, well being and a strong body were totally reasonable
objectives all by themselves. And there isn't a downside in terms of women
either.

As for getting different answers, welcome to the real world. What Blasted
also doesn't mention is that most of the bitching and whining is being done
by himself.

And as for the "no sense of reality of humour", whatever THAT means, Blasted
is again guilty.

You really should think about that IOM award though. You have all the
necessary traits.

Lyle McDonald
July 20th 04, 11:14 PM
Lee Michaels wrote:
> "Blast Off!" babbled his usual bull****
>

>>Yes, and dont excercise anything more than twice a week. The best
>>advise I can give you is to really read up on a site like
>>www.bodybuilding.com rather than asking here, you could find out
>>anything you'd ever want to know about the subject. Then you can shape
>>your own programme for your own needs rather than having some 250lb
>>duffus telling you to excercise your inner ear muscles cos women love
>>them. As you've seen asking on here you'll get a lot of differents
>>answers not all of them helpful and a lot of pointless bitching and
>>whinging from those with no sense of reality of humour.
>

> This guy is really good. I think he is a good candidate for IOM.

> And for never working anything more than twice a week, There are millions of
> athletes who do it all the time. And many folks who hit the weights as well.
> It is a tried and tru protocol, as long as it is done correctly.
>
> Anybody who recommends a single source of information is not very bright.

And using bodybuilding.com as their source is an even bigger mistake.
Those guys make take being retarded to an entirely new level.

Lyle

Pet
July 20th 04, 11:43 PM

@web.tv and AOL users don't count as being on the same evolutionary ladder.

--
http://gymratz.co.uk - UK's best bodybuilding supplements,gym equipment.
http://gymratz.co.uk/hot-seat.htm - Live web-cam!

geek_girl
July 20th 04, 11:52 PM
In > Top Sirloin wrote:
> geek_girl wrote:
>
>> Top Sirloin wrote:

>>> Where are you going to find a guy like that?
>>

>> Only in my dreams, baby.
>
> Uh, how about mfw? There's lots of buff lifter
> nerds here.

I'm pretty sure they're all married and/or insane. Can you find me a
single, semi-sane one? Preferably one with a sexy voice, in addition to
all the other above-mentioned criteria.

TIA

Keith Hobman
July 20th 04, 11:56 PM
In article >, geek_girl
> wrote:

> In > Top Sirloin wrote:
> > geek_girl wrote:

> >> Only in my dreams, baby.
> >
> > Uh, how about mfw? There's lots of buff lifter
> > nerds here.
>
> I'm pretty sure they're all married and/or insane. Can you find me a
> single, semi-sane one? Preferably one with a sexy voice, in addition to
> all the other above-mentioned criteria.

Ouch. I'm married, more or less insane and my voice is nothing special.
Good orator, lousy singer and raspy bedroom voice.

Dayum. Three strikes and we haven't even gotten to the 'buff body' part.

OTOH I'm not boring company. So there.

:^)

DRS
July 21st 04, 12:08 AM
"geek_girl" > wrote in message

> In > Top Sirloin wrote:

[...]

>> Uh, how about mfw? There's lots of buff lifter
>> nerds here.
>
> I'm pretty sure they're all married and/or insane. Can you find me a
> single, semi-sane one? Preferably one with a sexy voice, in addition
> to all the other above-mentioned criteria.

Ah, the voice I can do. I have a great phone voice. And 'murricans love my
accent. I've been virtually proposed to over the phone sight unseen by
'murricans who love my voice and my accent.

--

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as
equals."
Winston Churchill

geek_girl
July 21st 04, 12:09 AM
In > DRS wrote:
> "geek_girl" > wrote in message
>
>> In > Top Sirloin wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>>> Uh, how about mfw? There's lots of buff lifter
>>> nerds here.
>>
>> I'm pretty sure they're all married and/or insane. Can you find me a
>> single, semi-sane one? Preferably one with a sexy voice, in addition
>> to all the other above-mentioned criteria.
>
> Ah, the voice I can do. I have a great phone voice. And 'murricans
> love my accent. I've been virtually proposed to over the phone sight
> unseen by 'murricans who love my voice and my accent.

Lovely. But you're insane.

NEXT!

Bully
July 21st 04, 12:13 AM
Top Sirloin wrote:
> The Queen of Cans and Jars wrote:
>> geek_girl > wrote:

>>> I don't know about the other grrlies, but I'm a greedy wench. I
>>> want it all. A guy with nice glutes and legs, nice back (upper and
>>> lower), chest, shoulders and arms. And a really hyooge brain (and
>>> not afraid to use it).
>>

>> what she said.
>
> Where are you going to find a guy like that?

URB :) !

--
Bully
Protein bars -- http://www.proteinbars.co.uk
Everything else -- http://www.proteinbars.co.uk/tmof.html

Lee Michaels
July 21st 04, 12:17 AM
"geek_girl" > wrote in message
> In > DRS wrote:
> > "geek_girl" > wrote in message
> >
> >> In > Top Sirloin wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >>
> >> I'm pretty sure they're all married and/or insane. Can you find me a
> >> single, semi-sane one? Preferably one with a sexy voice, in addition
> >> to all the other above-mentioned criteria.
> >
> > Ah, the voice I can do. I have a great phone voice. And 'murricans
> > love my accent. I've been virtually proposed to over the phone sight
> > unseen by 'murricans who love my voice and my accent.
>
> Lovely. But you're insane.
>
> NEXT!

In the morning, my voice sounds like a combination of a raspy frog and a fog
horn. And it doesn't get that much better during the day.

Will that do?

geek_girl
July 21st 04, 12:19 AM
In <_JhLc.130718$%[email protected]_s01> Lee Michaels wrote:

> "geek_girl" > wrote in message

>> > [...]
>> >
>> > Ah, the voice I can do. I have a great phone voice. And
>> > 'murricans love my accent. I've been virtually proposed to over
>> > the phone sight unseen by 'murricans who love my voice and my
>> > accent.
>>
>> Lovely. But you're insane.
>>
>> NEXT!
>
> In the morning, my voice sounds like a combination of a raspy frog and
> a fog horn. And it doesn't get that much better during the day.
>
> Will that do?

Umm, Lee? Luvyameanit. But. No.

NEXT!

DanL
July 21st 04, 12:33 AM
"Blast Off!" > wrote in message
> ****ing hell! Im not anti back work! Pay attention! I know they do, I
> wasnt bashing back work was just givning some simple advice to a
> really bad training plan, ie if time is limited hed be better off
> doing something to his legs and dropping the lower back work.

The point is that if you do a full body routine based on compound lifts, you
will hit EVERYTHING. You don't need to drop lower back work for legs because
you can hit them both at the same time if you select the right lifts to use.
I can't make it any more simple than that.

Wayne S. Hill
July 21st 04, 12:43 AM
Blast Off! wrote:

> Yes, and dont excercise anything more than twice a week. The
> best advise I can give you is to really read up on a site
> like www.bodybuilding.com rather than asking here, you could
> find out anything you'd ever want to know about the subject.

You're doing this on purpose, aren't you? Pet, will you PUHLEEZ
take this one back?

--
-Wayne

Blast Off!
July 21st 04, 01:18 AM
On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 21:56:58 GMT, "Lee Michaels"
> wrote:

>"Blast Off!" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 21:18:22 GMT, "Lee Michaels"
>> > wrote:
>>

>> >"Blast Off!" babbled

>> >Tell me, do women dig the illiterate nonsense that rolls forth so easily
>> >from your mouth?
>> The follow up would be "The Lee Micheals story - What women wanted"
>
>Besides tha fact that you can't spell my name, I never pretended to know
>what women want. In fact what is so funny about your nonsense is the
>presumption that women OBJECTIVELY discuss things that are probably quite
>subjective. Or at least has a big subjective component.

>I would never pretend t know what women are feeling or saying. I know
>better. And you supposedly have it all figured out. Along with some REALLY
>BAD training advice.
Get a life x 2

DanL
July 21st 04, 01:18 AM
"Blast Off!" > wrote in message
> Yes, and dont excercise anything more than twice a week. The best
> advise I can give you is to really read up on a site like
> www.bodybuilding.com rather than asking here, you could find out
> anything you'd ever want to know about the subject. Then you can shape
> your own programme for your own needs rather than having some 250lb
> duffus telling you to excercise your inner ear muscles cos women love
> them. As you've seen asking on here you'll get a lot of differents
> answers not all of them helpful and a lot of pointless bitching and
> whinging from those with no sense of reality of humour.

I guess since I am the proverbial 250lb dufus, I have to say, I've never
exercised my inner ear. I rarely do any isolation lifts at all, be they
inner ear or otherwise. Some of us 250lb dufus's started out right where Art
is, and busted our asses to get to the size and strength we are-using
compound lifts like squats, deads, bench and row. There you go Art- that's
all you need- those 4 lifts, forget about some web site that gives you the
arm blaster routine of the week.

Make all the cracks you want, but I'd rather have the 250lb dufus who can
deadlift a small car having my back when I need him, not the 160lb Joe
Hollywood with the 14" arms and nice abs.

Blast Off!
July 21st 04, 01:20 AM
On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 22:11:29 GMT, "Lee Michaels"
> wrote:

>"Blast Off!" babbled his usual bull****
>
>> Yes, and dont excercise anything more than twice a week. The best
>> advise I can give you is to really read up on a site like
>> www.bodybuilding.com rather than asking here, you could find out
>> anything you'd ever want to know about the subject. Then you can shape
>> your own programme for your own needs rather than having some 250lb
>> duffus telling you to excercise your inner ear muscles cos women love
>> them. As you've seen asking on here you'll get a lot of differents
>> answers not all of them helpful and a lot of pointless bitching and
>> whinging from those with no sense of reality of humour.
>
>This guy is really good. I think he is a good candidate for IOM.

>And for never working anything more than twice a week, There are millions of
>athletes who do it all the time. And many folks who hit the weights as well.
>It is a tried and tru protocol, as long as it is done correctly.
>
>Anybody who recommends a single source of information is not very bright.
Thats why I said "A site like". Pay attention a bit more closely,
you're getting there. In response to the below remarks, im sorry I
didnt really usenet was your life, you win im bad dumb etc. Ok?

>Anyone who is serious not only researches from multiple sources, but learns
>from their own experiences.
>
>What Blasted doesn't understand that we were NOT recommending lower back
>exercises because of Blasted's fantasies about what women want. We were
>suggesting that health, well being and a strong body were totally reasonable
>objectives all by themselves. And there isn't a downside in terms of women
>either.
>
>As for getting different answers, welcome to the real world. What Blasted
>also doesn't mention is that most of the bitching and whining is being done
>by himself.
>
>And as for the "no sense of reality of humour", whatever THAT means, Blasted
>is again guilty.
>
>You really should think about that IOM award though. You have all the
>necessary traits.

Blast Off!
July 21st 04, 01:21 AM
On 20 Jul 2004 23:43:48 GMT, "Wayne S. Hill" > wrote:

>Blast Off! wrote:
>
>> Yes, and dont excercise anything more than twice a week. The
>> best advise I can give you is to really read up on a site
>> like www.bodybuilding.com rather than asking here, you could
>> find out anything you'd ever want to know about the subject.
>
>You're doing this on purpose, aren't you? Pet, will you PUHLEEZ
>take this one back?
>
>--
>-Wayne
And where do you get your obviously much better information from
Wayne?

The Queen of Cans and Jars
July 21st 04, 01:51 AM
Top Sirloin > wrote:

> The Queen of Cans and Jars wrote:
> > geek_girl > wrote:

> >>I don't know about the other grrlies, but I'm a greedy wench. I want it
> >>all. A guy with nice glutes and legs, nice back (upper and lower), chest,
> >>shoulders and arms. And a really hyooge brain (and not afraid to use it).
> >

> > what she said.
>
> Where are you going to find a guy like that?

ebay?

The Queen of Cans and Jars
July 21st 04, 01:54 AM
DRS > wrote:

> "The Queen of Cans and Jars" > wrote in message
>
> > geek_girl > wrote:
> >> In > DRS wrote:
>
> [...]
> >>
> >> I don't know about the other grrlies, but I'm a greedy wench. I want
> >> it all. A guy with nice glutes and legs, nice back (upper and
> >> lower), chest, shoulders and arms. And a really hyooge brain (and
> >> not afraid to use it).
> >
> > what she said.
>
> Yeah, yeah, yeah. But I was always led to believe that a cute bum is a sure
> trigger of naughty grrlie thoughts, now I'm told erector spinae as well? I
> mean, if I'm going to risk my back exploding doing all those back extensions
> I want reassurance it's worthwhile.

fwiw, the ass is the last thing i look at.

Wayne S. Hill
July 21st 04, 01:59 AM
Blast Off! wrote:

> "Wayne S. Hill" > wrote:
>>Blast Off! wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, and dont excercise anything more than twice a week.
>>> The best advise I can give you is to really read up on a
>>> site like www.bodybuilding.com rather than asking here,
>>> you could find out anything you'd ever want to know about
>>> the subject.
>>
>>You're doing this on purpose, aren't you? Pet, will you
>>PUHLEEZ take this one back?
>>
> And where do you get your obviously much better information
> from Wayne?

American Journal of 'Cause I Said So, Jan, 1999, page 666: "The
Effects of I'm Right on Your Being Wrong: A Meta Analysis" ($1
to DC).

--
-Wayne

Lee Michaels
July 21st 04, 02:05 AM
"Wayne S. Hill" > wrote in message
> Blast Off! wrote:

> >>You're doing this on purpose, aren't you? Pet, will you
> >>PUHLEEZ take this one back?
> >>
> > And where do you get your obviously much better information
> > from Wayne?
>
> American Journal of 'Cause I Said So, Jan, 1999, page 666: "The
> Effects of I'm Right on Your Being Wrong: A Meta Analysis" ($1
> to DC).

Wayne, is that you?? Using a Cohen quote too!! Are you feeling OK??

David Cohen
July 21st 04, 02:19 AM
"Lee Michaels" > wrote
> "Wayne S. Hill" > wrote
> > Blast Off! wrote:

> > > And where do you get your obviously much better information
> > > from Wayne?
> >
> > American Journal of 'Cause I Said So, Jan, 1999, page 666: "The
> > Effects of I'm Right on Your Being Wrong: A Meta Analysis" ($1
> > to DC).
> >
> Wayne, is that you?? Using a Cohen quote too!! Are you feeling
OK??

Only the best people use my quotes.

And plaintiffs' attorneys, but, I wish they wouldn't.

David

Pat Styles
July 21st 04, 03:11 AM
"geek_girl" > wrote in message
> In <_JhLc.130718$%[email protected]_s01> Lee Michaels wrote:

> >> Lovely. But you're insane.
> >>
> >> NEXT!
> >
> > In the morning, my voice sounds like a combination of a raspy frog and
> > a fog horn. And it doesn't get that much better during the day.
> >
> > Will that do?
>
> Umm, Lee? Luvyameanit. But. No.
>
> NEXT!

I nominate Whit.
ps

Pat Styles
July 21st 04, 03:16 AM
"Blast Off!" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 06:48:39 -0700, "Pat Styles"
> > wrote:

> >> I know but he was indicating he wanted one.

> >> Mid back also I think you'll find.
> >
> >No, slick, upper back.
> I believe slick, the the area is also refered to as the "mid-back".

Look, the rhomboids are part of the shoulder joint and attach to the scapula;
you can't get much more upper than that. But you go ahead and keep trying to
dig yourself out of this hole, and be sure to put your back into it.

> >> I do and they dont. Except bodybuilders or fitness types.
> >
> >How do you know since it is apparent you don't even know what muscles are in
the
> >lower back?
> >ps
> If you pay attention you'll see I never actually said Rhomboids were
> in the lower back, I used Rhomboids in my little joke because I
> thought the word "Rhomboid" was funnier than "Lower back" and to my
> knowledge is also fairly low on the average beach going girls list of

Wow, that's some fancy backpedalling; watch out behidn you.

> favortie muscles to check out. If and of you people werent so high
> strung and had half a sense of humour you might agree instead of
> giving me some kind of pathetic personal trainer pro wannabe talk just
> because I told a non-hardcore "wanna get toned" type to drop the lower
> back excercises and do something for legs.

Sorry, no one here has a sense of humor and we destroy pathetic personal
trainers, wannabe and otherwise.
ps

Pat Styles
July 21st 04, 03:20 AM
"Blast Off!" > wrote in message
> On 19 Jul 2004 20:42:49 -0700,
> (artvandelay) wrote:
>
> (Blast Off!) wrote in message

> >> Lower back isnt that important for what I think it is you are trying
> >> to achieve, you'd probably be much better off adding something for
> >> Hamstrings and Quads than lower back.
> >>
> >> Are you doing doing 5 sets for each exercise? ie 15 sets for one
> >> muscle group? If so you are seriously overdoing it. If you can do 15
> >> sets for one muscle group you cant be lifting enough weight. Add
> >> weight slowly to get used to it. I'd also stick to 1 excercise per
> >> bodypart for each day and do 2 different muscles each session.
> >
> >You mean like do both chest and shoulders in one session? With just 1
> >exercise per body part that would be only 2 exercises (i.e. bench
> >presses and military presses) in one session? thats enough? that seems
> >paltry to my inexperienced mind.
> Yes, and dont excercise anything more than twice a week. The best
> advise I can give you is to really read up on a site like
> www.bodybuilding.com rather than asking here, you could find out
> anything you'd ever want to know about the subject. Then you can shape
> your own programme for your own needs rather than having some 250lb
> duffus telling you to excercise your inner ear muscles cos women love
> them. As you've seen asking on here you'll get a lot of differents
> answers not all of them helpful and a lot of pointless bitching and
> whinging from those with no sense of reality of humour.

Ah, the spelling is telling. I think you're either looking for urb or JRH.
Good luck.
ps

Chupacabra
July 21st 04, 03:47 AM
On 20 Jul 2004 22:52:11 GMT, geek_girl > wrote:

>I'm pretty sure they're all married and/or insane. Can you find me a
>single, semi-sane one? Preferably one with a sexy voice, in addition to
>all the other above-mentioned criteria.
>
>TIA

Only semi-sane?

Sweet, I'm in.

Hoff
July 21st 04, 04:03 AM
"geek_girl" > wrote in message
> In <_JhLc.130718$%[email protected]_s01> Lee Michaels wrote:

> >> Lovely. But you're insane.
> >>
> >> NEXT!
> >
> > In the morning, my voice sounds like a combination of a raspy frog and
> > a fog horn. And it doesn't get that much better during the day.
> >
> > Will that do?
>
> Umm, Lee? Luvyameanit. But. No.
>
> NEXT!

Umm...

Naw, **** it. I'd just get the **** kicked out of me.

Hoff
--
Peanuts! Get yer Peanuts! http://irongarm.org/peanutgallery2.htm

Top Sirloin
July 21st 04, 04:45 AM
geek_girl wrote:
> In > DRS wrote:
>
>>"geek_girl" > wrote in message

>>>In > Top Sirloin wrote:
>>
>>[...]
>>>
>>>I'm pretty sure they're all married and/or insane. Can you find me a
>>>single, semi-sane one? Preferably one with a sexy voice, in addition
>>>to all the other above-mentioned criteria.
>>
>>Ah, the voice I can do. I have a great phone voice. And 'murricans
>>love my accent. I've been virtually proposed to over the phone sight
>>unseen by 'murricans who love my voice and my accent.
>

> Lovely. But you're insane.
>
> NEXT!

Jesus you have a lot of fans SJ.

--
Scott Johnson / scottjohnson at kc dot rr dot com

Art S
July 21st 04, 04:51 AM
"Hoff" > wrote in message ...
> "geek_girl" > wrote in message

> > > In the morning, my voice sounds like a combination of a raspy frog and
> > > a fog horn. And it doesn't get that much better during the day.
> > >
> > > Will that do?
> >
> > Umm, Lee? Luvyameanit. But. No.
> >
> > NEXT!
>
> Umm...
>
> Naw, **** it. I'd just get the **** kicked out of me.
>
> Hoff

Considering that she seems to have had no interest in meeting
me the times I've been in Texas, I think it would be better if
I didn't raise my hand either.

Art

Blast Off!
July 21st 04, 04:58 AM
On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 19:16:25 -0700, "Pat Styles"
> wrote:

>"Blast Off!" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 06:48:39 -0700, "Pat Styles"
>> > wrote:

>> >No, slick, upper back.
>> I believe slick, the the area is also refered to as the "mid-back".
>
>Look, the rhomboids are part of the shoulder joint and attach to the scapula;
>you can't get much more upper than that. But you go ahead and keep trying to
>dig yourself out of this hole, and be sure to put your back into it.
Ooh now thats a sense of humour! I understand what a Rhomboid is and
it is classified as mid-back.

Blast Off!
July 21st 04, 05:01 AM
On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 19:20:30 -0700, "Pat Styles"
> wrote:

>"Blast Off!" > wrote in message
>> On 19 Jul 2004 20:42:49 -0700,
>> (artvandelay) wrote:

>> >You mean like do both chest and shoulders in one session? With just 1
>> >exercise per body part that would be only 2 exercises (i.e. bench
>> >presses and military presses) in one session? thats enough? that seems
>> >paltry to my inexperienced mind.
>> Yes, and dont excercise anything more than twice a week. The best
>> advise I can give you is to really read up on a site like
>> www.bodybuilding.com rather than asking here, you could find out
>> anything you'd ever want to know about the subject. Then you can shape
>> your own programme for your own needs rather than having some 250lb
>> duffus telling you to excercise your inner ear muscles cos women love
>> them. As you've seen asking on here you'll get a lot of differents
>> answers not all of them helpful and a lot of pointless bitching and
>> whinging from those with no sense of reality of humour.
>
>Ah, the spelling is telling. I think you're either looking for urb or JRH.
>Good luck.
>ps
The type of person that points out Usenet spelling mistakes too eh?
You must be the life of every party!

John M. Williams
July 21st 04, 05:10 AM
"Wayne S. Hill" > wrote:

>Blast Off! wrote:
>
>> Yes, and dont excercise anything more than twice a week. The
>> best advise I can give you is to really read up on a site
>> like www.bodybuilding.com rather than asking here, you could
>> find out anything you'd ever want to know about the subject.
>
>You're doing this on purpose, aren't you? Pet, will you PUHLEEZ
>take this one back?

I think he has a twin brother named Jerk.

Bully
July 21st 04, 06:56 AM

He does have a point: http://www.exrx.net/Muscles/Rhomboids.html

--
Bully
Protein bars -- http://www.proteinbars.co.uk
Everything else -- http://www.proteinbars.co.uk/tmof.html

Bully
July 21st 04, 07:03 AM
Blast Off! wrote:
> On 19 Jul 2004 21:01:05 -0700,
> (artvandelay) wrote:
>
>> (Blast Off!) wrote in message

>>> Lower back isnt that important for what I think it is you are trying
>>> to achieve, you'd probably be much better off adding something for
>>> Hamstrings and Quads than lower back.
>>>
>>> Are you doing doing 5 sets for each exercise? ie 15 sets for one
>>> muscle group? If so you are seriously overdoing it. If you can do 15
>>> sets for one muscle group you cant be lifting enough weight. Add
>>> weight slowly to get used to it. I'd also stick to 1 excercise per
>>> bodypart for each day and do 2 different muscles each session. Also
>>> arrange it to do a workout day then a rest day so you workout every
>>> other day, because you are basically resting for days 5-7 which is
>>> probably too long. And eat more protein!
>>
>> BlastOff, the first 2 sets (12 reps/10 reps) are like warm-up sets.
>> I'm not really working until I get to the third set. I'll use bench
>> press as an example;
>>
>> 12 reps, 50 lbs
>> 10 reps, 70 lbs
>> 8 reps, 85 lbs
>> 6 reps, 110 lbs
>> 6 reps, 110 lbs
>>
>> Does what you said about overdoing it still apply? If so, how would
>> you suggest changing the above to not overdo it.
>>
>> Thanks.
> No thats fine, I was refering to doing 3 different excercises for the
> same muscle group in one session - ie amounting to 15 sets for the
> chest. Thats overdoing it.

How many sets qualifies as not overdoing it; and does it differ by muscle
group? So are my 12 sets on chest ok and would 15 sets on legs be overdoing
it?

--
Bully
Protein bars -- http://www.proteinbars.co.uk
Everything else -- http://www.proteinbars.co.uk/tmof.html

John HUDSON
July 21st 04, 07:52 AM
On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 00:18:00 GMT, (Blast Off!)
wrote:

>On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 21:56:58 GMT, "Lee Michaels"
> wrote:
>

>>"Blast Off!" > wrote in message
>>> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 21:18:22 GMT, "Lee Michaels"

>>> The follow up would be "The Lee Micheals story - What women wanted"
>>
>>Besides tha fact that you can't spell my name, I never pretended to know
>>what women want. In fact what is so funny about your nonsense is the
>>presumption that women OBJECTIVELY discuss things that are probably quite
>>subjective. Or at least has a big subjective component.
>
>>I would never pretend t know what women are feeling or saying. I know
>>better. And you supposedly have it all figured out. Along with some REALLY
>>BAD training advice.

>Get a life x 2

Mr Michaels is to busy dreaming up 'tall tales' to actually get
involved too heavily in real life!! ;o)

Tell us another 'fantastic story' Lee!!

John HUDSON
July 21st 04, 08:09 AM
On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 19:16:25 -0700, "Pat Styles"
> wrote:

>"Blast Off!" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 06:48:39 -0700, "Pat Styles"
>> > wrote:

>> >No, slick, upper back.
>> I believe slick, the the area is also refered to as the "mid-back".
>
>Look, the rhomboids are part of the shoulder joint and attach to the scapula;
>you can't get much more upper than that. But you go ahead and keep trying to
>dig yourself out of this hole, and be sure to put your back into it.

>> >How do you know since it is apparent you don't even know what muscles are in
>the
>> >lower back?
>> >ps
>> If you pay attention you'll see I never actually said Rhomboids were
>> in the lower back, I used Rhomboids in my little joke because I
>> thought the word "Rhomboid" was funnier than "Lower back" and to my
>> knowledge is also fairly low on the average beach going girls list of
>
>Wow, that's some fancy backpedalling; watch out behidn you.
>
>> favortie muscles to check out. If and of you people werent so high
>> strung and had half a sense of humour you might agree instead of
>> giving me some kind of pathetic personal trainer pro wannabe talk just
>> because I told a non-hardcore "wanna get toned" type to drop the lower
>> back excercises and do something for legs.
>
>Sorry, no one here has a sense of humor and we destroy pathetic personal
>trainers, wannabe and otherwise.

You do nothing of the sort, you simply "troll" them, which is a far
cry from "destroying" anything, particularly when they respond in kind
and make you look more foolish than your .jpegs do!! ;o)

John HUDSON
July 21st 04, 08:17 AM
On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 19:20:30 -0700, "Pat Styles"
> wrote:

>"Blast Off!" > wrote in message
>> On 19 Jul 2004 20:42:49 -0700,
>> (artvandelay) wrote:

>> >You mean like do both chest and shoulders in one session? With just 1
>> >exercise per body part that would be only 2 exercises (i.e. bench
>> >presses and military presses) in one session? thats enough? that seems
>> >paltry to my inexperienced mind.
>> Yes, and dont excercise anything more than twice a week. The best
>> advise I can give you is to really read up on a site like
>> www.bodybuilding.com rather than asking here, you could find out
>> anything you'd ever want to know about the subject. Then you can shape
>> your own programme for your own needs rather than having some 250lb
>> duffus telling you to excercise your inner ear muscles cos women love
>> them. As you've seen asking on here you'll get a lot of differents
>> answers not all of them helpful and a lot of pointless bitching and
>> whinging from those with no sense of reality of humour.
>
>Ah, the spelling is telling. I think you're either looking for urb or JRH.
>Good luck.

Why thank you for compliment kind Sir!

In fact it is very noticeable how much your own spelling and grammar
have improved, since I started all that time ago taking the **** out
of your own obvious inadequacies in that department.

It has been very much to your advantage I suspect, although you would
never have the good grace to admit it!! ;o)

John HUDSON
July 21st 04, 08:25 AM
On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 04:01:28 GMT, (Blast Off!)
wrote:

>On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 19:20:30 -0700, "Pat Styles"
> wrote:
>
>>"Blast Off!" > wrote in message
>>> On 19 Jul 2004 20:42:49 -0700,
>>> (artvandelay) wrote:

>>> Yes, and dont excercise anything more than twice a week. The best
>>> advise I can give you is to really read up on a site like
>>> www.bodybuilding.com rather than asking here, you could find out
>>> anything you'd ever want to know about the subject. Then you can shape
>>> your own programme for your own needs rather than having some 250lb
>>> duffus telling you to excercise your inner ear muscles cos women love
>>> them. As you've seen asking on here you'll get a lot of differents
>>> answers not all of them helpful and a lot of pointless bitching and
>>> whinging from those with no sense of reality of humour.
>>
>>Ah, the spelling is telling. I think you're either looking for urb or JRH.
>>Good luck.
>>ps
>The type of person that points out Usenet spelling mistakes too eh?
>You must be the life of every party!

He's only just getting the hang of "spelling", so he is almost bound
to demonstrate his newly acquired skills!! ;o)

John HUDSON
July 21st 04, 08:27 AM
On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 00:10:11 -0400, John M. Williams
> wrote:

>"Wayne S. Hill" > wrote:
>
>>Blast Off! wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, and dont excercise anything more than twice a week. The
>>> best advise I can give you is to really read up on a site
>>> like www.bodybuilding.com rather than asking here, you could
>>> find out anything you'd ever want to know about the subject.
>>
>>You're doing this on purpose, aren't you? Pet, will you PUHLEEZ
>>take this one back?
>
>I think he has a twin brother named Jerk.

That is mildly amusing coming from someone with a known sense of
humour deficiency!!

Well done Williams!! ;o)

Lucas Buck
July 21st 04, 09:56 AM
On 20 Jul 2004 22:52:11 GMT, geek_girl > wrote:

>In > Top Sirloin wrote:
>> geek_girl wrote:

>>> Only in my dreams, baby.
>>
>> Uh, how about mfw? There's lots of buff lifter
>> nerds here.
>
>I'm pretty sure they're all married and/or insane. Can you find me a
>single, semi-sane one? Preferably one with a sexy voice, in addition to
>all the other above-mentioned criteria.

Just how picky are you about the "semi-sane" part?

Lee Michaels
July 21st 04, 02:04 PM
"Bully" pointed out

> Blast Off! wrote:
> > Ooh now thats a sense of humour! I understand what a Rhomboid is and
> > it is classified as mid-back.
>
> He does have a point:

All of Blast Off's points are dull.

Pat Styles
July 21st 04, 02:59 PM
"Bully" > wrote in message
> Blast Off! wrote:
> > Ooh now thats a sense of humour! I understand what a Rhomboid is and
> > it is classified as mid-back.
>
> He does have a point: http://www.exrx.net/Muscles/Rhomboids.html
>
> --
> Bully

Yes, based on the text on the page; however, what do you feel about the
illustration? To me there just isn't much more upper in the back than what you
see right there in that illustration. You can see the rhomboids are beneath the
upper portion of the traps and run in the same direction. I consider lats mid
back, but exrx calls them "outer," a term I've never heard anyone use.

Also, take a look here: http://www.exrx.net/Muscles/TrapeziusMiddle.html They
call the middle fibers, which are located in pretty much the same spot as the
rhomboids, upper back.

So I'll still consider rhomboids upper back and lats middle, ymmv. Now why
don't we move onto something important, like a BIG BENCH. :-)
ps

Pat Styles
July 21st 04, 03:03 PM
"Blast Off!" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 19:20:30 -0700, "Pat Styles"
> > wrote:
>
> >"Blast Off!" > wrote in message
> >> On 19 Jul 2004 20:42:49 -0700,
> >> (artvandelay) wrote:

> >> Yes, and dont excercise anything more than twice a week. The best
> >> advise I can give you is to really read up on a site like
> >> www.bodybuilding.com rather than asking here, you could find out
> >> anything you'd ever want to know about the subject. Then you can shape
> >> your own programme for your own needs rather than having some 250lb
> >> duffus telling you to excercise your inner ear muscles cos women love
> >> them. As you've seen asking on here you'll get a lot of differents
> >> answers not all of them helpful and a lot of pointless bitching and
> >> whinging from those with no sense of reality of humour.
> >
> >Ah, the spelling is telling. I think you're either looking for urb or JRH.
> >Good luck.
> >ps
> The type of person that points out Usenet spelling mistakes too eh?
> You must be the life of every party!

No, sweety, you didn't make any spelling errors. I was simply pointing out your
use of "programme," etc. Hence you must be looking for urb while I am posting
from mfw. I'll leave you alone now. Have fun.
ps

Bully
July 21st 04, 03:37 PM
Pat Styles wrote:
> "Bully" > wrote in message
>> Blast Off! wrote:
>>> Ooh now thats a sense of humour! I understand what a Rhomboid is and
>>> it is classified as mid-back.
>>
>> He does have a point: http://www.exrx.net/Muscles/Rhomboids.html
>>
>> --
>> Bully
>
> Yes, based on the text on the page; however, what do you feel about
> the illustration? To me there just isn't much more upper in the back
> than what you see right there in that illustration.

Agreed - I would definitely label them as upper back:)!

> You can see the
> rhomboids are beneath the upper portion of the traps and run in the
> same direction. I consider lats mid back, but exrx calls them
> "outer," a term I've never heard anyone use.

You can see their point though!

> Also, take a look here:
> http://www.exrx.net/Muscles/TrapeziusMiddle.html They call the
> middle fibers, which are located in pretty much the same spot as the
> rhomboids, upper back.

They are.

> So I'll still consider rhomboids upper back and lats middle, ymmv.
> Now why don't we move onto something important, like a BIG BENCH. :-)

What's a BIG bench?

--
Bully
Protein bars -- http://www.proteinbars.co.uk
Everything else -- http://www.proteinbars.co.uk/tmof.html

Lee Michaels
July 21st 04, 03:51 PM
"Bully" > wrote

> What's a BIG bench?

Two answers.

1) One so big, that you can't lift it.

2) One that has so many parts, that Pat Styles can't put it together.

Keith Hobman
July 21st 04, 04:12 PM
In article <[email protected]_s51>, "Lee Michaels"
> wrote:

> "Bully" > wrote
> >
> > What's a BIG bench?
> >
> Two answers.
>
> 1) One so big, that you can't lift it.
>
> 2) One that has so many parts, that Pat Styles can't put it together.

2 parts to that bench?

--
Dawn's cold kiss calls me
Forth I creep, blindly stumbling

Lee Michaels
July 21st 04, 04:13 PM
"Keith Hobman" > wrote in message
> In article <[email protected]_s51>, "Lee Michaels"
> > wrote:
>
> > "Bully" > wrote
> > >
> > > What's a BIG bench?
> > >
> > Two answers.
> >
> > 1) One so big, that you can't lift it.
> >
> > 2) One that has so many parts, that Pat Styles can't put it together.
>
> 2 parts to that bench?

Or a couple missing bolts.

geek_girl
July 21st 04, 04:37 PM
In > Top Sirloin wrote:
> geek_girl wrote:

>>>[...]
>>>
>>>Ah, the voice I can do. I have a great phone voice. And 'murricans
>>>love my accent. I've been virtually proposed to over the phone sight
>>>unseen by 'murricans who love my voice and my accent.
>>

>> Lovely. But you're insane.
>>
>> NEXT!
>
> Jesus you have a lot of fans SJ.

Apparently so, but I was hoping for quality rather than quantity.

geek_girl
July 21st 04, 04:40 PM
In > Lucas Buck wrote:
> On 20 Jul 2004 22:52:11 GMT, geek_girl > wrote:
>
>>In > Top Sirloin wrote:
>>>>

>>> Uh, how about mfw? There's lots of buff lifter
>>> nerds here.
>>
>>I'm pretty sure they're all married and/or insane. Can you find me a
>>single, semi-sane one? Preferably one with a sexy voice, in addition
>>to all the other above-mentioned criteria.
>
> Just how picky are you about the "semi-sane" part?

It's starting to look like "not very".

geek_girl
July 21st 04, 04:42 PM
In > Hoff wrote:
> "geek_girl" > wrote in message

>> > In the morning, my voice sounds like a combination of a raspy frog
>> > and a fog horn. And it doesn't get that much better during the day.
>> >
>> > Will that do?
>>
>> Umm, Lee? Luvyameanit. But. No.
>>
>> NEXT!
>
> Umm...
>
> Naw, **** it. I'd just get the **** kicked out of me.

Come on, would your wife really be that upset about a little harmless
Usenet silliness?

geek_girl
July 21st 04, 04:46 PM
In > Chupacabra wrote:
> On 20 Jul 2004 22:52:11 GMT, geek_girl > wrote:
>

>>I'm pretty sure they're all married and/or insane. Can you find me a
>>single, semi-sane one? Preferably one with a sexy voice, in addition
>>to all the other above-mentioned criteria. TIA
>

> Only semi-sane?
>
> Sweet, I'm in.

And your not-so-sane half seems to be crazy in kind of a fun way. I'd
consider grabbing ahold of your lustrous mane and taking a pony ride.

John HUDSON
July 21st 04, 05:03 PM
On 21 Jul 2004 15:37:43 GMT, geek_girl > wrote:

>In > Top Sirloin wrote:
>> geek_girl wrote:

>>> Lovely. But you're insane.
>>>
>>> NEXT!
>>
>> Jesus you have a lot of fans SJ.
>
>Apparently so, but I was hoping for quality rather than quantity.

Good reply SJ!! ;o)

Hoff
July 21st 04, 05:13 PM
"geek_girl" > wrote in message
> In > Hoff wrote:

> >> Umm, Lee? Luvyameanit. But. No.
> >>
> >> NEXT!
> >
> > Umm...
> >
> > Naw, **** it. I'd just get the **** kicked out of me.
>
> Come on, would your wife really be that upset about a little harmless
> Usenet silliness?

Dunno.

But I was talking about you ;)

Hoff
--
Peanuts!! Get yer Peanuts!! http://irongarm.org/peanutgallery2.htm

Jeff Finlayson
July 21st 04, 08:28 PM
DanL wrote:
> Blast Off! wrote:
>
>>The best advise I can give you is to really read up on a site like
>>www.bodybuilding.com rather than asking here, you could find out
>>anything you'd ever want to know about the subject. Then you can shape
>>your own programme for your own needs rather than having some 250lb
>>duffus telling you to excercise your inner ear muscles [...]

> I guess since I am the proverbial 250lb dufus, I have to say, I've never
> exercised my inner ear. I rarely do any isolation lifts at all, be they
> inner ear or otherwise. Some of us 250lb dufus's started out right where
> Art is, and busted our asses to get to the size and strength we are-using
> compound lifts like squats, deads, bench and row. There you go Art- that's
> all you need- those 4 lifts, forget about some web site that gives you the
> arm blaster routine of the week.
>
> Make all the cracks you want, but I'd rather have the 250lb dufus who can
> deadlift a small car having my back when I need him, not the 160lb Joe
> Hollywood with the 14" arms and nice abs.

How much do 250lb guys charge for deadlifting small cars?

Jeff Finlayson
July 21st 04, 08:39 PM
Blast Off! wrote:
> Pat Styles wrote:
>> Blast Off! wrote:

>>>Yes, and dont excercise anything more than twice a week. The best
>>>advise I can give you is to really read up on a site like
>>>www.bodybuilding.com rather than asking here, [...]
>>>Then you can shape your own programme for your own needs rather
>>>than having [...]
>>>whinging from those with no sense of reality of humour.
>>
>>Ah, the spelling is telling. I think you're either looking for
>>urb or JRH. Good luck.
>>ps
>
> The type of person that points out Usenet spelling mistakes too eh?

No, you used british spelling, e.g. humour, programme.

Bully
July 21st 04, 08:46 PM
Jeff Finlayson wrote:
<snip>

> How much do 250lb guys charge for deadlifting small cars?

I don't know, how much do 250lb guys charge for deadlifting small cars?

--
Bully
Protein bars -- http://www.proteinbars.co.uk
Everything else -- http://www.proteinbars.co.uk/tmof.html

Bully
July 21st 04, 09:09 PM
Jeff Finlayson wrote:
> Blast Off! wrote:
>> Pat Styles wrote:

>>> Ah, the spelling is telling. I think you're either looking for
>>> urb or JRH. Good luck.
>>> ps
>>
>> The type of person that points out Usenet spelling mistakes too eh?
>
> No, you used british spelling, e.g. humour, programme.

You mean British? Actually program(me) is a bit of an iffy one these days as
we have pretty much adopted the American spelling -- at least in the field
of IT.

--
Bully
Protein bars -- http://www.proteinbars.co.uk
Everything else -- http://www.proteinbars.co.uk/tmof.html

Dally
July 21st 04, 09:26 PM
DRS wrote:

> So, do you grrlies rate a nice erector spinae above or below nice glutes?

Ever see your husband writhing in agony because he threw out his back
and he has to lay immobile for a few days while you wait on him hand and
foot?

Yes, grrrlies rate nice erector spinae pretty high.

Maybe not the ones on the beach, though. Maybe just the ones that will
wait on you hand and foot when you're injured.

But I really haven't figured out the problem with the glute/ham versus
lower back issue. I just got back from doing a deadlifting session.
Did I miss a memo outlawing compound lifts?

Dally

Dally
July 21st 04, 09:30 PM
Lee Michaels wrote:

> "Blast Off!" babbled his usual bull****
>

>>Yes, and dont excercise anything more than twice a week. The best
>>advise I can give you is to really read up on a site like
>>www.bodybuilding.com rather than asking here, you could find out
>>anything you'd ever want to know about the subject. Then you can shape
>>your own programme for your own needs rather than having some 250lb
>>duffus telling you to excercise your inner ear muscles cos women love
>>them. As you've seen asking on here you'll get a lot of differents
>>answers not all of them helpful and a lot of pointless bitching and
>>whinging from those with no sense of reality of humour.
>

> This guy is really good. I think he is a good candidate for IOM.

Nope. Cross-posted into here.

Dally

DanL
July 21st 04, 09:36 PM
"Jeff Finlayson" > wrote in message

> How much do 250lb guys charge for deadlifting small cars?

Depends on the car of course!

Blast Off!
July 22nd 04, 12:01 AM
On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:04:08 GMT, "Lee Michaels"
> wrote:

>"Bully" pointed out
>
>> Blast Off! wrote:
>> > Ooh now thats a sense of humour! I understand what a Rhomboid is and
>> > it is classified as mid-back.
>>
>> He does have a point:
>
>All of Blast Off's points are dull.
Now Lee what did I say about paying attention more often?

Blast Off!
July 22nd 04, 12:02 AM
On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 06:56:26 +0100, "Bully" >
wrote:

>Blast Off! wrote:
>> Ooh now thats a sense of humour! I understand what a Rhomboid is and
>> it is classified as mid-back.
>
>He does have a point: http://www.exrx.net/Muscles/Rhomboids.html
>
>--
>Bully
I know where it is, just heard it refered to many a time from many
people as "mid back"! :)

Blast Off!
July 22nd 04, 12:03 AM
On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 08:27:02 +0100, John HUDSON >
wrote:

>On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 00:10:11 -0400, John M. Williams
> wrote:

>>>You're doing this on purpose, aren't you? Pet, will you PUHLEEZ
>>>take this one back?
>>
>>I think he has a twin brother named Jerk.
>
>That is mildly amusing coming from someone with a known sense of
>humour deficiency!!
>
>Well done Williams!! ;o)
It was quite well executed I must admit!

Blast Off!
July 22nd 04, 12:04 AM
On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 07:03:05 -0700, "Pat Styles"
> wrote:

>"Blast Off!" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 19:20:30 -0700, "Pat Styles"
>> > wrote:

>> >Ah, the spelling is telling. I think you're either looking for urb or JRH.
>> >Good luck.
>> >ps
>> The type of person that points out Usenet spelling mistakes too eh?
>> You must be the life of every party!
>
>No, sweety, you didn't make any spelling errors. I was simply pointing out your
>use of "programme," etc. Hence you must be looking for urb while I am posting
>from mfw. I'll leave you alone now. Have fun.
>ps
Sweety? Are you American or something?

Blast Off!
July 22nd 04, 12:06 AM
On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 07:03:49 +0100, "Bully" >
wrote:

>Blast Off! wrote:
>> On 19 Jul 2004 21:01:05 -0700,
>> (artvandelay) wrote:

>>> BlastOff, the first 2 sets (12 reps/10 reps) are like warm-up sets.
>>> I'm not really working until I get to the third set. I'll use bench
>>> press as an example;
>>>
>>> 12 reps, 50 lbs
>>> 10 reps, 70 lbs
>>> 8 reps, 85 lbs
>>> 6 reps, 110 lbs
>>> 6 reps, 110 lbs
>>>
>>> Does what you said about overdoing it still apply? If so, how would
>>> you suggest changing the above to not overdo it.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>> No thats fine, I was refering to doing 3 different excercises for the
>> same muscle group in one session - ie amounting to 15 sets for the
>> chest. Thats overdoing it.
>
>How many sets qualifies as not overdoing it; and does it differ by muscle
>group? So are my 12 sets on chest ok and would 15 sets on legs be overdoing
>it?
>
>--
>Bully
Bully you really do 12 sets for chest in one session?

Top Sirloin
July 22nd 04, 12:49 AM
geek_girl wrote:

> Apparently so, but I was hoping for quality rather than quantity.

So that's the excuse single girls use now for not
putting out?

--
Scott Johnson / scottjohnson at kc dot rr dot com

Seth Breidbart
July 22nd 04, 01:59 AM
In article >,
Bully > wrote:
>DRS wrote:

>>> Not even close to the truth IME.
>>
>> So, do you grrlies rate a nice erector spinae above or below nice
>> glutes?
>
>Unless you're badly misformed I think you will find your erector spinae
>should be above your nice glutes?

You missed the fact he's in .au.

Seth
--
Can I suggest that you just declare yourself the winner and shut up
and squat? -- Wendy Marsden

Seth Breidbart
July 22nd 04, 02:04 AM
In article >,
Blast Off! > wrote:
>On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 21:56:58 GMT, "Lee Michaels"
> wrote:
>>"Blast Off!" > wrote in message
>>> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 21:18:22 GMT, "Lee Michaels"

>>> The follow up would be "The Lee Micheals story - What women wanted"
>>
>>Besides tha fact that you can't spell my name, I never pretended to know
>>what women want. In fact what is so funny about your nonsense is the
>>presumption that women OBJECTIVELY discuss things that are probably quite
>>subjective. Or at least has a big subjective component.
>
>>I would never pretend t know what women are feeling or saying. I know
>>better. And you supposedly have it all figured out. Along with some REALLY
>>BAD training advice.
>Get a life x 2

I'll start with yours.

That leaves 1.9 to go.

Seth
--
I'm happy being an asshole, are you happy being an anonymous moron?
-- Lyle McDonald

Bully
July 22nd 04, 04:17 AM
Blast Off! wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 07:03:49 +0100, "Bully" >
> wrote:
>
>> Blast Off! wrote:
>>> On 19 Jul 2004 21:01:05 -0700,
>>> (artvandelay) wrote:
>>>

>> How many sets qualifies as not overdoing it; and does it differ by
>> muscle group? So are my 12 sets on chest ok and would 15 sets on
>> legs be overdoing it?
>>
>> --
>> Bully
> Bully you really do 12 sets for chest in one session?

Of course. Why?

--
Bully
Protein bars -- http://www.proteinbars.co.uk
Everything else -- http://www.proteinbars.co.uk/tmof.html

Lucas Buck
July 22nd 04, 09:01 AM
On 20 Jul 2004 18:41:11 GMT, geek_girl > wrote:

>In > DRS wrote:
>> "geek_girl" > wrote in message
>>
>>> In > Blast Off! wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>>
>>> Not even close to the truth IME.
>>
>> So, do you grrlies rate a nice erector spinae above or below nice
>> glutes?
>
>I don't know about the other grrlies, but I'm a greedy wench. I want it
>all. A guy with nice glutes and legs, nice back (upper and lower), chest,
>shoulders and arms. And a really hyooge brain (and not afraid to use it).

Cohen is closer to you, but my brain is hyooger.

Blast Off!
July 22nd 04, 10:30 AM
On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 04:17:39 +0100, "Bully" >
wrote:

>Blast Off! wrote:
>> On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 07:03:49 +0100, "Bully" >
>> wrote:

>>> How many sets qualifies as not overdoing it; and does it differ by
>>> muscle group? So are my 12 sets on chest ok and would 15 sets on
>>> legs be overdoing it?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Bully
>> Bully you really do 12 sets for chest in one session?
>
>Of course. Why?
>

>--
>Bully
>Protein bars -- http://www.proteinbars.co.uk
>Everything else -- http://www.proteinbars.co.uk/tmof.html

Love to know the details, I can manage 7 but usually on the last I
cant get anywhere near the reps I did on the 5th (with the same
weight)

geek_girl
July 22nd 04, 10:55 AM
In > Lucas Buck wrote:
> On 20 Jul 2004 18:41:11 GMT, geek_girl > wrote:

>>> [...]
>>>
>>> So, do you grrlies rate a nice erector spinae above or below nice
>>> glutes?
>>
>>I don't know about the other grrlies, but I'm a greedy wench. I want
>>it all. A guy with nice glutes and legs, nice back (upper and lower),
>>chest, shoulders and arms. And a really hyooge brain (and not afraid
>>to use it).
>
> Cohen is closer to you, but my brain is hyooger.

JPEGs please.

Bully
July 22nd 04, 10:58 AM
Blast Off! wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 04:17:39 +0100, "Bully" >
> wrote:
>
>> Blast Off! wrote:
>>> On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 07:03:49 +0100, "Bully"

>>> Bully you really do 12 sets for chest in one session?
>>
>> Of course. Why?
>>

>> --
>> Bully
>> Protein bars -- http://www.proteinbars.co.uk
>> Everything else -- http://www.proteinbars.co.uk/tmof.html
>
> Love to know the details, I can manage 7 but usually on the last I
> cant get anywhere near the reps I did on the 5th (with the same
> weight)

The 12 sets is split across 3 exercises -- here's yesterdays workout log as
an example:

Bench press:
1 x 20 - bar
1 x 10 - 40kg
1 x 8 - 60kg
1 x 6 - 80kg
3 x 10 - 100kg (would normally go heavier than this but no spotter available
i.e. up to 100kg)

Incline d/bell press:
3 x 8 - 40kg

Tri pushdowns (included for completeness):
3 sets of 10 at max on m/c

Dips (b/w):
15, 12, 10

--
Bully
Protein bars -- http://www.proteinbars.co.uk
Everything else -- http://www.proteinbars.co.uk/tmof.html

Ellis
July 22nd 04, 11:05 AM
"Blast Off!" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 19:00:17 +0100, "Ellis" >
> wrote:

> >> I do and they dont. Except bodybuilders or fitness types.
> >
> >Back development is mostly responsible for that tapered "V" shape that,
> >supposedly, a lot of men want and some women find attractive. A lot of
> >people think they get this shape from grinding away on bench press. They
> >are rong.
> >
> >Ellis
> I am well aware of this!!! Although I find the V comes from mid/upper
> back mainly.

Yes, I agree with this.

>All I said was he'd be better off doing something with
> his legs rather than with his lower back!!! Do you not agree?

I haven't read the whole thread and I haven't got time now but....I think
he should be doing both.

Ellis
--
Apply yourself. Take a few risks. Have fun with it.

David Cohen
July 22nd 04, 11:38 AM
"geek_girl" > wrote
> Lucas Buck wrote:
> > geek_girl > wrote:

> >>I don't know about the other grrlies, but I'm a greedy wench. I
want
> >>it all. A guy with nice glutes and legs, nice back (upper and
lower),
> >>chest, shoulders and arms. And a really hyooge brain (and not
afraid
> >>to use it).
> >
> > Cohen is closer to you, but my brain is hyooger.
>
> JPEGs please.

Eewww. Jpegs of Lucas' brain? Yuk.

You know what a large steaming pile of dog **** looks like after
sitting out in the heat for half a day? Like that, but worse.

David

John HUDSON
July 22nd 04, 11:56 AM
On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:38:33 GMT, "David Cohen"
> wrote:

>"geek_girl" > wrote
>> Lucas Buck wrote:

>want
>lower),
>afraid
>> >
>> > Cohen is closer to you, but my brain is hyooger.
>>
>> JPEGs please.
>
>Eewww. Jpegs of Lucas' brain? Yuk.
>
>You know what a large steaming pile of dog **** looks like after
>sitting out in the heat for half a day? Like that, but worse.

You exaggerate; I don't believe Buck's brain could be anywhere near as
attractive as you describe!!

DanL
July 22nd 04, 12:12 PM
"Bully" > wrote in message

> The 12 sets is split across 3 exercises -- here's yesterdays workout log
as
> an example:
>
> Bench press:
> 1 x 20 - bar
> 1 x 10 - 40kg
> 1 x 8 - 60kg
> 1 x 6 - 80kg
> 3 x 10 - 100kg (would normally go heavier than this but no spotter
available
> i.e. up to 100kg)
>
> Incline d/bell press:
> 3 x 8 - 40kg
>
> Tri pushdowns (included for completeness):
> 3 sets of 10 at max on m/c
>
> Dips (b/w):
> 15, 12, 10

Thats a pretty standard upper body workout, nothing wrong with what you are
doing. I think sometimes people see 12 sets and think you are doing
incredible amounts of volume, but when you look at it on an exercise by
excersise basis it's not that bad.

Bully
July 22nd 04, 01:52 PM
DanL wrote:
> "Bully" > wrote in message
>>
>> The 12 sets is split across 3 exercises -- here's yesterdays workout
>> log as an example:
>>
>> Bench press:
>> 1 x 20 - bar
>> 1 x 10 - 40kg
>> 1 x 8 - 60kg
>> 1 x 6 - 80kg
>> 3 x 10 - 100kg (would normally go heavier than this but no spotter
>> available i.e. up to 100kg)

Why do I ALWAYS type 100kg when I mean 110kg ?!?!?

>> Incline d/bell press:
>> 3 x 8 - 40kg
>>
>> Tri pushdowns (included for completeness):
>> 3 sets of 10 at max on m/c
>>
>> Dips (b/w):
>> 15, 12, 10
>>

> Thats a pretty standard upper body workout, nothing wrong with what
> you are doing. I think sometimes people see 12 sets and think you are
> doing incredible amounts of volume, but when you look at it on an
> exercise by excersise basis it's not that bad.

Exactly.

--
Bully
Protein bars -- http://www.proteinbars.co.uk
Everything else -- http://www.proteinbars.co.uk/tmof.html

geek_girl
July 22nd 04, 05:12 PM
Art S wrote:

> Considering that she seems to have had no interest in meeting
> me the times I've been in Texas, I think it would be better if
> I didn't raise my hand either.

Sorry bout that. Would it make you feel any better if I told you I'd be
in Vegas next month (August 20-24), and I'd be happy to meet you then?
(That goes for you too, Nurseboy.)

Art S
July 22nd 04, 05:19 PM
"geek_girl" > wrote in message ...
> Art S wrote:
>
> > Considering that she seems to have had no interest in meeting
> > me the times I've been in Texas, I think it would be better if
> > I didn't raise my hand either.
>
> Sorry bout that. Would it make you feel any better if I told you I'd be
> in Vegas next month (August 20-24), and I'd be happy to meet you then?
> (That goes for you too, Nurseboy.)

I guess <still sulking>

Do you know which day and time you'll be able to get together with us?

Art

David Cohen
July 22nd 04, 05:58 PM
"Art S" > wrote
> "geek_girl" > wrote
> > Art S wrote:
> > > Considering that she seems to have had no interest in meeting
> > > me the times I've been in Texas, I think it would be better if
> > > I didn't raise my hand either.
> >
> > Sorry bout that. Would it make you feel any better if I told you
I'd be
> > in Vegas next month (August 20-24), and I'd be happy to meet you
then?
> > (That goes for you too, Nurseboy.)
> >
> I guess <still sulking>
>
> Do you know which day and time you'll be able to get together with
us?

I'll be there. I'll let you and SJ make the arrangements, because
nobody gets my emails, anyway.

Saturdays, Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays...all good.

David

John HUDSON
July 22nd 04, 06:15 PM
On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 16:58:46 GMT, "David Cohen"
> wrote:

>"Art S" > wrote
>> >
>> > Sorry bout that. Would it make you feel any better if I told you
>I'd be
>> > in Vegas next month (August 20-24), and I'd be happy to meet you
>then?
>> > (That goes for you too, Nurseboy.)
>> >
>> I guess <still sulking>
>>
>> Do you know which day and time you'll be able to get together with
>us?
>
>I'll be there. I'll let you and SJ make the arrangements, because
>nobody gets my emails, anyway.
>
>Saturdays, Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays...all good.

I obviously missed my vocation with 4 day weekends like that, although
it's probably a blessing in disguise as I would probably be the size
of a house by now!! ;o)

David Cohen
July 22nd 04, 06:45 PM
"John HUDSON" > wrote
> "David Cohen" > wrote:
> >"Art S" > wrote
> >> "geek_girl" > wrote

> >I'd be
> >then?
> >> >
> >> I guess <still sulking>
> >>
> >> Do you know which day and time you'll be able to get together
with
> >us?
> >
> >I'll be there. I'll let you and SJ make the arrangements, because
> >nobody gets my emails, anyway.
> >
> >Saturdays, Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays...all good.
>
> I obviously missed my vocation with 4 day weekends like that,
although
> it's probably a blessing in disguise as I would probably be the size
> of a house by now!! ;o)

I am the size of a small house.

Makes it easier to intimidate those 6 month olds into swallowing their
damn medicine!

David

Blast Off!
July 23rd 04, 01:17 AM
On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 11:05:41 +0100, "Ellis" >
wrote:

>"Blast Off!" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 19:00:17 +0100, "Ellis" >
>> wrote:

>> >Back development is mostly responsible for that tapered "V" shape that,
>> >supposedly, a lot of men want and some women find attractive. A lot of
>> >people think they get this shape from grinding away on bench press. They
>> >are rong.
>> >
>> >Ellis
>> I am well aware of this!!! Although I find the V comes from mid/upper
>> back mainly.
>
>Yes, I agree with this.
>
> >All I said was he'd be better off doing something with
>> his legs rather than with his lower back!!! Do you not agree?
>
>I haven't read the whole thread and I haven't got time now but....I think
>he should be doing both.
>
>Ellis
Yep me too.

Lucas Buck
July 23rd 04, 08:56 AM
On 22 Jul 2004 09:55:35 GMT, geek_girl > wrote:

>In > Lucas Buck wrote:

>>>I don't know about the other grrlies, but I'm a greedy wench. I want
>>>it all. A guy with nice glutes and legs, nice back (upper and lower),
>>>chest, shoulders and arms. And a really hyooge brain (and not afraid
>>>to use it).
>>
>> Cohen is closer to you, but my brain is hyooger.
>
>JPEGs please.

http://home.earthlink.net/~luther_green/images/my_hyooge_brain.gif

Lucas Buck
July 23rd 04, 08:57 AM
On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:38:33 GMT, "David Cohen" > wrote:

>"geek_girl" > wrote
>> Lucas Buck wrote:

>want
>lower),
>afraid
>> >
>> > Cohen is closer to you, but my brain is hyooger.
>>
>> JPEGs please.
>
>Eewww. Jpegs of Lucas' brain? Yuk.
>
>You know what a large steaming pile of dog **** looks like after
>sitting out in the heat for half a day? Like that, but worse.
>
>David

As opposed to Cohen's, which can be viewed only using an electron microscope.

David Cohen
July 23rd 04, 09:11 AM
"Lucas Buck" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:38:33 GMT, "David Cohen"
> wrote:

> >want
> >lower),
> >afraid

> >> JPEGs please.
> >
> >Eewww. Jpegs of Lucas' brain? Yuk.
> >
> >You know what a large steaming pile of dog **** looks like after
> >sitting out in the heat for half a day? Like that, but worse.
> >
> >David
>
> As opposed to Cohen's, which can be viewed only using an electron
microscope.

But, a VERY BIG electron microscope!

David

Seth Breidbart
July 24th 04, 03:35 AM
In article >,
John HUDSON <John HUDSON> wrote:

>I obviously missed my vocation with 4 day weekends like that, although
>it's probably a blessing in disguise as I would probably be the size
>of a house by now!! ;o)

Does that mean you don't want to get HYUUUUGE?

Seth
--
Who cares? Shut up and lift. -- Watson (the pencil neck) Davis

DRS
July 24th 04, 03:06 PM
"geek_girl" > wrote in message

> In > DRS wrote:
>> "geek_girl" > wrote in message

[...]

>>> I'm pretty sure they're all married and/or insane. Can you find me a
>>> single, semi-sane one? Preferably one with a sexy voice, in addition
>>> to all the other above-mentioned criteria.
>>
>> Ah, the voice I can do. I have a great phone voice. And 'murricans
>> love my accent. I've been virtually proposed to over the phone sight
>> unseen by 'murricans who love my voice and my accent.
>
> Lovely. But you're insane.
>
> NEXT!

Oh, well. But at least you know how to let a guy down easy.

--

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as
equals."
Winston Churchill

David Cohen
July 26th 04, 08:54 AM
> wrote
> (artvandelay) wrote:
> >You mean like do both chest and shoulders in one session? With just
1
> >exercise per body part that would be only 2 exercises (i.e. bench
> >presses and military presses) in one session? thats enough? that
seems
> >paltry to my inexperienced mind.
>
> It is a valid approach but this would require superb technique

Why? Why wouldn't sloppy technique work?

> and
> absolute failure

Please define "absolute failure", then please explain why it is
necessary.

> I think,

That remains to be seen.

> to replicate the stress of a more conventional
> session. Chest and shoulders together? Sure... but I would do
triceps,
> too. Figure a good chest warmup, then 2 or 3 sets BP, then pick one
of
> several optional chest movements like incline bench or incline DB
press
> or decline flys. You could finish with flat bench flys, one set to
> absolute failure to ensure complete recruitment. Anyway, 5 sets plus
the
> warmup, tops. Shoulder presses or Arnolds or mil presses could be
> followed by bentover laterals, then a single set of regular laterals
> absolute failure. Then for triceps two sets each of an elbows-up
> exercise (such as french press or incline skullcrushers) and an
> elbows-down exercise. like cable pushdowns or dips. Total sets 13
plus
> warmup. Figuring one minute duration for sets and 3 minute rests,
that
> is under an hour. You will have got in some good compound work and
also
> some intense isolation work. You will have begun with the bigger
muscles
> and worked smaller ones later in the session. You will have given
> yourself a pretty fair volume of sets without excessive work that
leads
> to an overtrained condition. You will have hit failure absolutely
and
> totally at least once per body part. What more could you ask for?
DOMS
> the next day will tell the story of a man who gave it his all and
will
> do it again on the next chest and shoulders day.

Please explain the relationship of DOMS to determination of effective
workout.

David

Mistress Krista
July 26th 04, 10:58 AM
> wrote in message
>
> The entire back gets a lot more attention from chicks than most guys
> realize. Women won't stare at a good chest or abs for long, usually.
> However, when you pass, they will check out your back.

Dearie, they are checking out your ass, not your back.

HTH
Krista

--
http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html
http://www.trans-health.com

David
July 26th 04, 11:58 AM
"Mistress Krista" > wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...

> > wrote in message
> >
> > The entire back gets a lot more attention from chicks than most guys
> > realize. Women won't stare at a good chest or abs for long, usually.
> > However, when you pass, they will check out your back.
>

> Dearie, they are checking out your ass, not your back.
>
> HTH
> Krista
>
> --
> http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html
> http://www.trans-health.com
> mistresskrista at stumptuous dot com

congratulations on a hilarious comment!

DRS
July 26th 04, 12:02 PM
"Mistress Krista" > wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com
> > wrote in message
>>
>> The entire back gets a lot more attention from chicks than most guys
>> realize. Women won't stare at a good chest or abs for long, usually.
>> However, when you pass, they will check out your back.
>
> Dearie, they are checking out your ass, not your back.

Now, that's what I always thought but geek girl says otherwise. Who do I
believe?

--

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as
equals."
Winston Churchill

David Cohen
July 27th 04, 08:08 AM
> wrote
> "David Cohen" > wrote:
> > wrote
> >1
bench
> >seems
> >>
> >> It is a valid approach but this would require superb technique
> >
> >Why? Why wouldn't sloppy technique work?
>
> With only one exercise per body part, if you don't get it right, get
> good recruitment, that's it. You didn't train the targeted muscle
> thoroughly.

So, sloppy technique results in less-than-good recruitment.

You're making this stuff up as you go, aren't you?

> >> and
> >> absolute failure
> >
> >Please define "absolute failure", then please explain why it is
> >necessary.
>
> NOT so necessary with a bit more volume, IMHO, but with low volume,
> without the intensity of at least one failure set, you would have
****
> poor recruitment.

Your obsession with "recruitment" indicates some Faithful Follower
Syndrome. Who, exactly, are you learning this information from?

> I define absolute failure as when one simply cannot
> complete the rep, no matter what the motivation (the cliche often
used
> is "even if a gun were at your head") and the muscle is for all
> practical purposes temporarily useless and quite thoroughly
depleted.

You think you EVER achieve this? You sound like the reincarnated
spirit of that moron Mentzer.

> >> I think,
> >
> >That remains to be seen.
> >
> >> to replicate the stress of a more conventional
> >> session. Chest and shoulders together? Sure... but I would do
> >triceps,
> >> too. Figure a good chest warmup, then 2 or 3 sets BP, then pick
one
> >of
> >> several optional chest movements like incline bench or incline DB
> >press
> >> or decline flys. You could finish with flat bench flys, one set
> >> absolute failure to ensure complete recruitment. Anyway, 5 sets
plus
> >the
> >> warmup, tops. Shoulder presses or Arnolds or mil presses could be
> >> followed by bentover laterals, then a single set of regular
laterals
> >> absolute failure. Then for triceps two sets each of an elbows-up
> >> exercise (such as french press or incline skullcrushers) and an
> >> elbows-down exercise. like cable pushdowns or dips. Total sets 13
> >plus
> >> warmup. Figuring one minute duration for sets and 3 minute rests,
> >that
> >> is under an hour. You will have got in some good compound work
and
> >also
> >> some intense isolation work. You will have begun with the bigger
> >muscles
> >> and worked smaller ones later in the session. You will have given
> >> yourself a pretty fair volume of sets without excessive work that
> >leads
> >> to an overtrained condition. You will have hit failure absolutely
> >and
> >> totally at least once per body part. What more could you ask for?
> >DOMS
> >> the next day will tell the story of a man who gave it his all and
> >will
> >> do it again on the next chest and shoulders day.
> >
> >Please explain the relationship of DOMS to determination of
effective
> >workout.
>
> It is an indicator. It is not proof of an effective session but it
is an
> indicator of some value, with its reliability depending on several
> factors. YMMV of course.

Just more horse****! "An indicator of some value", indeed. Let me
guess: ASW and/or URB think you know what the **** you're talking
about? Amazing.

"There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action."---Johann
Goethe

David Cohen
July 28th 04, 07:53 AM
> wrote
> "David Cohen" > wrote:
>
> >Just more horse****! "An indicator of some value", indeed. Let me
> >guess: ASW and/or URB think you know what the **** you're talking
> >about? Amazing.
>
> I didn't realize that this is a nasty language contest.

You were given a copy of the rules on the way in. Can't help it if you
didn't read them before signing.

> Okay, I give up.
> I am simply not in your league when it comes to rudeness, crassness,
or
> willingness to argue a minor point armed with nothing but a penchant
for
> sarcasm.

You snipped all the points. They were not minor. Your opinions are
ignorant.

> Your cursing talents and boorish qualities far eclipse my own
> humble abilities and efforts, so I gracefully concede the victory to
> you. BTW you will enjoy, I am sure, the hospitality of my killfile.

NOOOOO! GOD, NOOOOO!!!

"However I plan to keep posting here about whatever matter I fancy,
including, as the case may be, anatomical details of your deceased
female ancestors in chronological order."---Lysis

Seth Breidbart
August 3rd 04, 01:42 AM
In article >,
geek_girl > wrote:
>In > Lucas Buck wrote:

>>>I'm pretty sure they're all married and/or insane. Can you find me a
>>>single, semi-sane one? Preferably one with a sexy voice, in addition
>>>to all the other above-mentioned criteria.
>>
>> Just how picky are you about the "semi-sane" part?
>
>It's starting to look like "not very".

Oh, good.

Seth
--
chown -R us /yourbase

Seth Breidbart
August 3rd 04, 01:43 AM
In article >,
DRS > wrote:
>"Mistress Krista" > wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com
>> > wrote in message
>>>
>>> The entire back gets a lot more attention from chicks than most guys
>>> realize. Women won't stare at a good chest or abs for long, usually.
>>> However, when you pass, they will check out your back.
>>
>> Dearie, they are checking out your ass, not your back.
>
>Now, that's what I always thought but geek girl says otherwise. Who do I
>believe?

Which of them are you more interested in?

Seth
--
If most people put half the ****ing effort into working that they do
into ****ing and moaning, the world would not be so full of pathetic