PDA

View Full Version : Which supplements REALLY help to increase mass?

Ron
June 30th 03, 12:40 AM
Hi there,

Wanted to get some feedback from the experts - which supplements (of
the 100 billion out there) do you recommend for really assisting with
mass increase? There are at least a billion products on the market
that claim to help with mass, but I doubt most do anything that a good
diet and strong workout program alone don't already do.

Just curious what supplements the experts on the board were using
(creatine, glutamine, flax seed, lecithin, etc)

BTW, to the individuals who recommend I not use test boosters and
just increase protein intake to cure my insomnia and tiredness - it
worked beautifully - I am regaining mass once again and am hoping to
break through my old ceiling soon.

Thanks!

Jeade MacHaskop
June 30th 03, 12:54 AM
No supplement will do much of anything. They certainly won't increase
size/mass. If you want to increase mass, either workout right and eat right
OR take steroids.

"Ron" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi there,
>
> Wanted to get some feedback from the experts - which supplements (of
> the 100 billion out there) do you recommend for really assisting with
> mass increase? There are at least a billion products on the market
> that claim to help with mass, but I doubt most do anything that a good
> diet and strong workout program alone don't already do.
>
> Just curious what supplements the experts on the board were using
> (creatine, glutamine, flax seed, lecithin, etc)
>
> BTW, to the individuals who recommend I not use test boosters and
> just increase protein intake to cure my insomnia and tiredness - it
> worked beautifully - I am regaining mass once again and am hoping to
> break through my old ceiling soon.
>
> Thanks!

Jeade MacHaskop
June 30th 03, 12:54 AM
No supplement will do much of anything. They certainly won't increase
size/mass. If you want to increase mass, either workout right and eat right
OR take steroids.

"Ron" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi there,
>
> Wanted to get some feedback from the experts - which supplements (of
> the 100 billion out there) do you recommend for really assisting with
> mass increase? There are at least a billion products on the market
> that claim to help with mass, but I doubt most do anything that a good
> diet and strong workout program alone don't already do.
>
> Just curious what supplements the experts on the board were using
> (creatine, glutamine, flax seed, lecithin, etc)
>
> BTW, to the individuals who recommend I not use test boosters and
> just increase protein intake to cure my insomnia and tiredness - it
> worked beautifully - I am regaining mass once again and am hoping to
> break through my old ceiling soon.
>
> Thanks!

EAVL Inc.
June 30th 03, 01:27 AM
"Jeade MacHaskop" > wrote in message

> No supplement will do much of anything. They certainly won't increase
> size/mass. If you want to increase mass, either workout right and eat
right
> OR take steroids.

When you're on juice you need even more calories. It's not one or the other.

EAVL Inc.
June 30th 03, 01:27 AM
"Jeade MacHaskop" > wrote in message

> No supplement will do much of anything. They certainly won't increase
> size/mass. If you want to increase mass, either workout right and eat
right
> OR take steroids.

When you're on juice you need even more calories. It's not one or the other.

Steve Kleine
June 30th 03, 03:25 AM
"Ron" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi there,
>
> Wanted to get some feedback from the experts - which supplements (of
> the 100 billion out there) do you recommend for really assisting with
> mass increase? There are at least a billion products on the market
> that claim to help with mass, but I doubt most do anything that a good
> diet and strong workout program alone don't already do.
>
> Just curious what supplements the experts on the board were using
> (creatine, glutamine, flax seed, lecithin, etc)
>
> BTW, to the individuals who recommend I not use test boosters and
> just increase protein intake to cure my insomnia and tiredness - it
> worked beautifully - I am regaining mass once again and am hoping to
> break through my old ceiling soon.
>
> Thanks!

Two supplements, creatine and HMB, have data supporting their use to augment
lean mass and strength gains with resistance training. (Departments of
Animal Science and Health and Human Performance, Iowa State University)

Steve the (Medline is my hobby!) Geek
--

If they hear, they do not listen.
If they listen, they do not understand.

Steve Kleine
June 30th 03, 03:25 AM
"Ron" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi there,
>
> Wanted to get some feedback from the experts - which supplements (of
> the 100 billion out there) do you recommend for really assisting with
> mass increase? There are at least a billion products on the market
> that claim to help with mass, but I doubt most do anything that a good
> diet and strong workout program alone don't already do.
>
> Just curious what supplements the experts on the board were using
> (creatine, glutamine, flax seed, lecithin, etc)
>
> BTW, to the individuals who recommend I not use test boosters and
> just increase protein intake to cure my insomnia and tiredness - it
> worked beautifully - I am regaining mass once again and am hoping to
> break through my old ceiling soon.
>
> Thanks!

Two supplements, creatine and HMB, have data supporting their use to augment
lean mass and strength gains with resistance training. (Departments of
Animal Science and Health and Human Performance, Iowa State University)

Steve the (Medline is my hobby!) Geek
--

If they hear, they do not listen.
If they listen, they do not understand.
If they understand, they do not *obey*.

Big Bill
June 30th 03, 05:06 AM
On 29 Jun 2003 15:40:29 -0700, (Ron) wrote:

>Hi there,
>
> Wanted to get some feedback from the experts - which supplements (of
>the 100 billion out there) do you recommend for really assisting with
>mass increase?

Ice cream, mashed potato with loads of butter blended in.

BB

> There are at least a billion products on the market
>that claim to help with mass, but I doubt most do anything that a good
>diet and strong workout program alone don't already do.
>
> Just curious what supplements the experts on the board were using
>(creatine, glutamine, flax seed, lecithin, etc)
>
> BTW, to the individuals who recommend I not use test boosters and
>just increase protein intake to cure my insomnia and tiredness - it
>worked beautifully - I am regaining mass once again and am hoping to
>break through my old ceiling soon.
>
> Thanks!

MFW Britpack www.extreme-positioning.co.uk
There is only one war, and it's not the rich against the poor,
the blacks against the whites, the Federation against the Borg,
or the Democrats versus the Republicans. It's those of us who
aren't complete idiots against those of us who are.

Big Bill
June 30th 03, 05:06 AM
On 29 Jun 2003 15:40:29 -0700, (Ron) wrote:

>Hi there,
>
> Wanted to get some feedback from the experts - which supplements (of
>the 100 billion out there) do you recommend for really assisting with
>mass increase?

Ice cream, mashed potato with loads of butter blended in.

BB

> There are at least a billion products on the market
>that claim to help with mass, but I doubt most do anything that a good
>diet and strong workout program alone don't already do.
>
> Just curious what supplements the experts on the board were using
>(creatine, glutamine, flax seed, lecithin, etc)
>
> BTW, to the individuals who recommend I not use test boosters and
>just increase protein intake to cure my insomnia and tiredness - it
>worked beautifully - I am regaining mass once again and am hoping to
>break through my old ceiling soon.
>
> Thanks!

MFW Britpack www.extreme-positioning.co.uk
There is only one war, and it's not the rich against the poor,
the blacks against the whites, the Federation against the Borg,
or the Democrats versus the Republicans. It's those of us who
aren't complete idiots against those of us who are.

gps
July 4th 03, 01:58 AM
Bonker wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 15:54:16 -0700, "Jeade MacHaskop" >
> wrote:
>
> >No supplement will do much of anything. They certainly won't increase
> >size/mass. If you want to increase mass, either workout right and eat right
> >OR take steroids.
> >

> >"Ron" > wrote in message
> om...
> >> Hi there,
> >>
> >> Wanted to get some feedback from the experts - which supplements (of
> >> the 100 billion out there) do you recommend for really assisting with
> >> mass increase? There are at least a billion products on the market
> >> that claim to help with mass, but I doubt most do anything that a good
> >> diet and strong workout program alone don't already do.
> >>
> >> Just curious what supplements the experts on the board were using
> >> (creatine, glutamine, flax seed, lecithin, etc)
> >>
> >> BTW, to the individuals who recommend I not use test boosters and
> >> just increase protein intake to cure my insomnia and tiredness - it
> >> worked beautifully - I am regaining mass once again and am hoping to
> >> break through my old ceiling soon.
> >>
> >> Thanks!
>
> Crap.
>
> If creatine works well for you, you'll pile on pounds of LBM in short
> order.

Could you quantify pounds, roughly, and define short order?
ps

gps
July 4th 03, 01:58 AM
Bonker wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 15:54:16 -0700, "Jeade MacHaskop" >
> wrote:
>
> >No supplement will do much of anything. They certainly won't increase
> >size/mass. If you want to increase mass, either workout right and eat right
> >OR take steroids.
> >

> >"Ron" > wrote in message
> om...
> >> Hi there,
> >>
> >> Wanted to get some feedback from the experts - which supplements (of
> >> the 100 billion out there) do you recommend for really assisting with
> >> mass increase? There are at least a billion products on the market
> >> that claim to help with mass, but I doubt most do anything that a good
> >> diet and strong workout program alone don't already do.
> >>
> >> Just curious what supplements the experts on the board were using
> >> (creatine, glutamine, flax seed, lecithin, etc)
> >>
> >> BTW, to the individuals who recommend I not use test boosters and
> >> just increase protein intake to cure my insomnia and tiredness - it
> >> worked beautifully - I am regaining mass once again and am hoping to
> >> break through my old ceiling soon.
> >>
> >> Thanks!
>
> Crap.
>
> If creatine works well for you, you'll pile on pounds of LBM in short
> order.

Could you quantify pounds, roughly, and define short order?
ps

Tom Morley
July 4th 03, 04:59 AM
gps wrote:
> Bonker wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 15:54:16 -0700, "Jeade MacHaskop" >
>>wrote:
>>

>>>No supplement will do much of anything. They certainly won't increase
>>>size/mass. If you want to increase mass, either workout right and eat right
>>>OR take steroids.
>>>

>>>"Ron" > wrote in message
om...

>>Crap.
>>
>>If creatine works well for you, you'll pile on pounds of LBM in short
>>order.
>

> Could you quantify pounds, roughly, and define short order?
> ps

Isn't that a kind of cook?

--
Tom Morley | Same roads
| Same rights
| Same rules
AIM: DocTDM

Tom Morley
July 4th 03, 04:59 AM
gps wrote:
> Bonker wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 15:54:16 -0700, "Jeade MacHaskop" >
>>wrote:
>>

>>>No supplement will do much of anything. They certainly won't increase
>>>size/mass. If you want to increase mass, either workout right and eat right
>>>OR take steroids.
>>>

>>>"Ron" > wrote in message
om...

>>Crap.
>>
>>If creatine works well for you, you'll pile on pounds of LBM in short
>>order.
>

> Could you quantify pounds, roughly, and define short order?
> ps

Isn't that a kind of cook?

--
Tom Morley | Same roads
| Same rights
| Same rules
AIM: DocTDM

Bully
July 4th 03, 09:49 AM
gps wrote:
> Bonker wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 15:54:16 -0700, "Jeade MacHaskop" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> No supplement will do much of anything. They certainly won't
>>> increase size/mass. If you want to increase mass, either workout
>>> right and eat right OR take steroids.
>>>

>>> "Ron" > wrote in message
>>> om...

>> Crap.
>>
>> If creatine works well for you, you'll pile on pounds of LBM in short
>> order.
>
> Could you quantify pounds, roughly, and define short order?
> ps

A pound in an imperial measure. 1 pound= 454 grams.
--
Bully
http://www.proteinbars.co.uk

"This life is more than just a read thru" - Anthony Kiedis

Bully
July 4th 03, 09:49 AM
gps wrote:
> Bonker wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 15:54:16 -0700, "Jeade MacHaskop" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> No supplement will do much of anything. They certainly won't
>>> increase size/mass. If you want to increase mass, either workout
>>> right and eat right OR take steroids.
>>>

>>> "Ron" > wrote in message
>>> om...

>> Crap.
>>
>> If creatine works well for you, you'll pile on pounds of LBM in short
>> order.
>
> Could you quantify pounds, roughly, and define short order?
> ps

A pound in an imperial measure. 1 pound= 454 grams.
--
Bully
http://www.proteinbars.co.uk

"This life is more than just a read thru" - Anthony Kiedis

gps
July 4th 03, 07:43 PM
Bonker wrote:

> On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 16:58:34 -0700, gps > wrote:
>
> >Bonker wrote:

> >> om...

> >> Crap.
> >>
> >> If creatine works well for you, you'll pile on pounds of LBM in short
> >> order.
> >
> >Could you quantify pounds, roughly, and define short order?
> >ps
>
> Up to half a stone (7lbs) in a few weeks by my own experience and I've
> done it twice. Some people don't seem to get such an effect though but
> everyone's different and when/how you take it probably makes a big
> difference too.
>
> Bonker.

You do realize that creatine causes water retention and that the weight
gain is not entirely muscle.
ps

gps
July 4th 03, 07:43 PM
Bonker wrote:

> On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 16:58:34 -0700, gps > wrote:
>
> >Bonker wrote:

> >> om...

> >> Crap.
> >>
> >> If creatine works well for you, you'll pile on pounds of LBM in short
> >> order.
> >
> >Could you quantify pounds, roughly, and define short order?
> >ps
>
> Up to half a stone (7lbs) in a few weeks by my own experience and I've
> done it twice. Some people don't seem to get such an effect though but
> everyone's different and when/how you take it probably makes a big
> difference too.
>
> Bonker.

You do realize that creatine causes water retention and that the weight
gain is not entirely muscle.
ps

gps
July 4th 03, 07:45 PM
Tom Morley wrote:

> gps wrote:
> > Bonker wrote:

> >>If creatine works well for you, you'll pile on pounds of LBM in short
> >>order.
> >

> > Could you quantify pounds, roughly, and define short order?
> > ps
>
> Isn't that a kind of cook?
>
> --
> Tom Morley | Same roads
> | Same rights
> | Same rules
> AIM: DocTDM

Could be.
ps

gps
July 4th 03, 07:45 PM
Tom Morley wrote:

> gps wrote:
> > Bonker wrote:

> >>If creatine works well for you, you'll pile on pounds of LBM in short
> >>order.
> >

> > Could you quantify pounds, roughly, and define short order?
> > ps
>
> Isn't that a kind of cook?
>
> --
> Tom Morley | Same roads