PDA

View Full Version : Re: Tunes to get you PUMPED

ScottieB
July 8th 03, 09:04 PM
Tool - Aenima
Staind - Dysfunction
Prodigy - Fat of the Land
Godsmack - Godsmack

Scott

Volition > wrote in message >...

<snip>

> What gets you all pumped ??? Give me some more ideas.
>

> Keith

ScottieB
July 8th 03, 09:04 PM
Tool - Aenima
Staind - Dysfunction
Prodigy - Fat of the Land
Godsmack - Godsmack

Scott

Volition > wrote in message >...

<snip>

> What gets you all pumped ??? Give me some more ideas.
>

> Keith

ignorcrew
July 8th 03, 10:02 PM
Volition > wrote in message >...
> On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 00:47:23 GMT, "Jim" > wrote:
>
> >Ive been enjoying Bela Fleck..kinda psycho bluegrass. It's cool.
>

> Well... the responeses, while not what I expected, are much
> appreciated. Didnt expect the zen-like offerings..... but what ever
> works, right ?
> Apparently.... I lack the focus, and mental toughness in order to
> achieve true nirvana. I'll have to work on that.
>
> In ref to the Ipod.... Im thinking of something quite a bit smaller,
> like the PSA 128. Its about the size of a silver dollar.

Look at RCA Kazoo. Matchbox size, 192M with a 128 M mmc card and the
build in 64 MB.

I keep two blocks on music on mine: slow for lifting and upbeat for
cardio. Lifting requires enough concentration where I don't want to
get distracted with anything loud or even too interesting. Cardio is a
different story.

Don't have much English music so I am not including my list.

> Thanks guys.

ignorcrew
July 8th 03, 10:02 PM
Volition > wrote in message >...
> On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 00:47:23 GMT, "Jim" > wrote:
>
> >Ive been enjoying Bela Fleck..kinda psycho bluegrass. It's cool.
>

> Well... the responeses, while not what I expected, are much
> appreciated. Didnt expect the zen-like offerings..... but what ever
> works, right ?
> Apparently.... I lack the focus, and mental toughness in order to
> achieve true nirvana. I'll have to work on that.
>
> In ref to the Ipod.... Im thinking of something quite a bit smaller,
> like the PSA 128. Its about the size of a silver dollar.

Look at RCA Kazoo. Matchbox size, 192M with a 128 M mmc card and the
build in 64 MB.

I keep two blocks on music on mine: slow for lifting and upbeat for
cardio. Lifting requires enough concentration where I don't want to
get distracted with anything loud or even too interesting. Cardio is a
different story.

Don't have much English music so I am not including my list.

> Thanks guys.

Phil
July 9th 03, 11:02 PM
Volition > wrote in message >...
> New to the group.. but been lifting for quite a while..... just
> joined a diff gym for the better equipment and larger facility.... but
> the music SSUUCCKSS !!! Makes me want to crawl onto those friggin
> sit-up mats and take a nap. Gonna get me one of those MP3 players...
> and load up some White Zombie, maybe a little Disturbed.
>
> What gets you all pumped ??? Give me some more ideas.
>

> Keith

This may sound corny, but sometimes I like to listen to the Rocky soundtrack.

Phil
July 9th 03, 11:02 PM
Volition > wrote in message >...
> New to the group.. but been lifting for quite a while..... just
> joined a diff gym for the better equipment and larger facility.... but
> the music SSUUCCKSS !!! Makes me want to crawl onto those friggin
> sit-up mats and take a nap. Gonna get me one of those MP3 players...
> and load up some White Zombie, maybe a little Disturbed.
>
> What gets you all pumped ??? Give me some more ideas.
>

> Keith

This may sound corny, but sometimes I like to listen to the Rocky soundtrack.

Lucas Buck
July 13th 03, 10:56 AM
On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 15:43:35 GMT, "Jay Hillman" > wrote:

>"Volition" > wrote in message
>>
>> New to the group.. but been lifting for quite a while..... just
>> joined a diff gym for the better equipment and larger facility.... but
>> the music SSUUCCKSS !!! Makes me want to crawl onto those friggin
>> sit-up mats and take a nap. Gonna get me one of those MP3 players...
>> and load up some White Zombie, maybe a little Disturbed.
>>
>> What gets you all pumped ??? Give me some more ideas.
>>

>Britney Spears
>Shakira
>Christina Aguilera

>Gregorian monks

"PLEASE can we go have a bit of peril?"

Lucas Buck
July 13th 03, 10:56 AM
On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 15:43:35 GMT, "Jay Hillman" > wrote:

>"Volition" > wrote in message
>>
>> New to the group.. but been lifting for quite a while..... just
>> joined a diff gym for the better equipment and larger facility.... but
>> the music SSUUCCKSS !!! Makes me want to crawl onto those friggin
>> sit-up mats and take a nap. Gonna get me one of those MP3 players...
>> and load up some White Zombie, maybe a little Disturbed.
>>
>> What gets you all pumped ??? Give me some more ideas.
>>

>Britney Spears
>Shakira
>Christina Aguilera

>Gregorian monks

"PLEASE can we go have a bit of peril?"

Tom Morley
July 14th 03, 04:55 PM
Maria Callas

--
Tom Morley | Same roads
| Same rights
| Same rules
AIM: DocTDM

Tom Morley
July 14th 03, 04:55 PM
Maria Callas

--
Tom Morley | Same roads
| Same rights
| Same rules
AIM: DocTDM

Steve Gallagher
July 14th 03, 07:46 PM
Lucas Buck > wrote in message >...
> On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 15:43:35 GMT, "Jay Hillman" > wrote:
>

> >"Volition" > wrote in message
> >>
> >> New to the group.. but been lifting for quite a while..... just
> >> joined a diff gym for the better equipment and larger facility.... but
> >> the music SSUUCCKSS !!! Makes me want to crawl onto those friggin
> >> sit-up mats and take a nap. Gonna get me one of those MP3 players...
> >> and load up some White Zombie, maybe a little Disturbed.
> >>
> >> What gets you all pumped ??? Give me some more ideas.
> >>

> >Britney Spears
> >Shakira
> >Christina Aguilera
>
> >Gregorian monks
>
> "PLEASE can we go have a bit of peril?"

No. It's too perilous.

Steve Gallagher
July 14th 03, 07:46 PM
Lucas Buck > wrote in message >...
> On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 15:43:35 GMT, "Jay Hillman" > wrote:
>

> >"Volition" > wrote in message
> >>
> >> New to the group.. but been lifting for quite a while..... just
> >> joined a diff gym for the better equipment and larger facility.... but
> >> the music SSUUCCKSS !!! Makes me want to crawl onto those friggin
> >> sit-up mats and take a nap. Gonna get me one of those MP3 players...
> >> and load up some White Zombie, maybe a little Disturbed.
> >>
> >> What gets you all pumped ??? Give me some more ideas.
> >>

> >Britney Spears
> >Shakira
> >Christina Aguilera
>
> >Gregorian monks
>
> "PLEASE can we go have a bit of peril?"

No. It's too perilous.

hlygrail
July 15th 03, 08:18 PM
"Lucas Buck" > wrote in message > >> New to the
group.. but been lifting for quite a while..... just
> >> joined a diff gym for the better equipment and larger facility.... but
> >> the music SSUUCCKSS !!! Makes me want to crawl onto those friggin
> >> sit-up mats and take a nap. Gonna get me one of those MP3 players...
> >> and load up some White Zombie, maybe a little Disturbed.

I feel you're pain. My gym has sucky music also, and I now love my MP3
player. It's loaded with Marilyn Manson, Primus, Bizkit & recently music
from the Matrix.