PDA

View Full Version : real world use of somotropin

Tim Fogarty
July 10th 03, 02:10 AM
I'm looking for some background info on the use of human growth
hormone by athletes. The broader topic is how Serostim, a brand name
for somotropin approved to treat AIDS wasting, is ending up on the
black market.

The recommended dose of Serostim is 3-6 mg per day, based on
bodyweight. What is a real world bodybuilder dose for a male ? For
female ? HGH is very popular with the fitness and figure women?
What kind of doses do they use?

Although rHGH is rHGH (ok, some is grown in mammilian cells, some
grown by e-coli), only one brand is approved for AIDS. What are the
brands most commonly found on the black market in the US ? What about
the rest of the world ?

What types or brands of rHGH was available in the past ? How has the
supply changed over the years ? The cost ?

Thanks

--
Tim Fogarty
http://musclememory.com

Patrick Arnold
July 10th 03, 04:55 PM
"Tim Fogarty" > wrote in message
om...
> I'm looking for some background info on the use of human growth
> hormone by athletes. The broader topic is how Serostim, a brand name
> for somotropin approved to treat AIDS wasting, is ending up on the
> black market.
>
> The recommended dose of Serostim is 3-6 mg per day, based on
> bodyweight. What is a real world bodybuilder dose for a male ?

I have heard anywhere from 1-2 iu a day upwards to 18iu a day. most common
is probably 4 iu a day

For
> female ? HGH is very popular with the fitness and figure women?
> What kind of doses do they use?

I think they usually use 1-2 iu a day. Women are much more secretive about
this stuff