PDA

View Full Version : Re: building muscle, losing fat

Theresa
July 11th 03, 01:10 AM
Clark wrote:
>> You guys seem to have some insight into the subject.
> How about this zigzag diet, it seems to solve the problem from what I
> read.
> Has anyone tried it? What were the results?
> How about a full body workout every third day, with a low carb, low
> fat day on the day before each workout? In other words, workout day is
> high carb, high protein, high fat, next day, medium carbs,protein,fat
> third day, low carb,fat, high protein and then repeat.
>
> comments please

Lift heavy twice a week, don't change your diet at all, and you'll lose a
couple of dress sizes, IME. And the hourglass gets more pronounced. And I
have killer spicy chicken fettuccine alfredo and spaghetti ala carbonara
recipes. ;-) I figure if the scale says I'm heavier and my clothes say I'm
smaller, at least around the waist... that's gotta be muscle, right?

--
Knowledge is power.
Power corrupts.

Theresa
July 11th 03, 01:10 AM
Clark wrote:
>> You guys seem to have some insight into the subject.
> How about this zigzag diet, it seems to solve the problem from what I
> read.
> Has anyone tried it? What were the results?
> How about a full body workout every third day, with a low carb, low
> fat day on the day before each workout? In other words, workout day is
> high carb, high protein, high fat, next day, medium carbs,protein,fat
> third day, low carb,fat, high protein and then repeat.
>
> comments please

Lift heavy twice a week, don't change your diet at all, and you'll lose a
couple of dress sizes, IME. And the hourglass gets more pronounced. And I
have killer spicy chicken fettuccine alfredo and spaghetti ala carbonara
recipes. ;-) I figure if the scale says I'm heavier and my clothes say I'm
smaller, at least around the waist... that's gotta be muscle, right?

--
Knowledge is power.
Power corrupts.
Study hard. Be evil.

JC Der Koenig
July 11th 03, 03:35 AM
"Theresa" > wrote in message
> Clark wrote:
> >> You guys seem to have some insight into the subject.
> > How about this zigzag diet, it seems to solve the problem from what I
> > read.
> > Has anyone tried it? What were the results?
> > How about a full body workout every third day, with a low carb, low
> > fat day on the day before each workout? In other words, workout day is
> > high carb, high protein, high fat, next day, medium carbs,protein,fat
> > third day, low carb,fat, high protein and then repeat.
> >
> > comments please
>
> Lift heavy twice a week, don't change your diet at all, and you'll lose a
> couple of dress sizes, IME. And the hourglass gets more pronounced. And
> have killer spicy chicken fettuccine alfredo and spaghetti ala carbonara
> recipes. ;-) I figure if the scale says I'm heavier and my clothes say
I'm
> smaller, at least around the waist... that's gotta be muscle, right?
>
> --
> Knowledge is power.

Yeah. That might work at first, but after a few years most people find that
no amount of lifting can affect body composition without dietary adjustment.
It's nice that you're excited about your new lifestyle though.. :-)

JC Der Koenig
July 11th 03, 03:35 AM
"Theresa" > wrote in message
> Clark wrote:
> >> You guys seem to have some insight into the subject.
> > How about this zigzag diet, it seems to solve the problem from what I
> > read.
> > Has anyone tried it? What were the results?
> > How about a full body workout every third day, with a low carb, low
> > fat day on the day before each workout? In other words, workout day is
> > high carb, high protein, high fat, next day, medium carbs,protein,fat
> > third day, low carb,fat, high protein and then repeat.
> >
> > comments please
>
> Lift heavy twice a week, don't change your diet at all, and you'll lose a
> couple of dress sizes, IME. And the hourglass gets more pronounced. And
> have killer spicy chicken fettuccine alfredo and spaghetti ala carbonara
> recipes. ;-) I figure if the scale says I'm heavier and my clothes say
I'm
> smaller, at least around the waist... that's gotta be muscle, right?
>
> --
> Knowledge is power.

Yeah. That might work at first, but after a few years most people find that
no amount of lifting can affect body composition without dietary adjustment.
It's nice that you're excited about your new lifestyle though.. :-)

Piscanthropus Profundus
July 11th 03, 04:08 PM
"Theresa" > wrote in message
> Clark wrote:
> >> You guys seem to have some insight into the subject.
> > How about this zigzag diet, it seems to solve the problem from what I
> > read.
> > Has anyone tried it? What were the results?
> > How about a full body workout every third day, with a low carb, low
> > fat day on the day before each workout? In other words, workout day is
> > high carb, high protein, high fat, next day, medium carbs,protein,fat
> > third day, low carb,fat, high protein and then repeat.
> >
> > comments please
>
> Lift heavy twice a week, don't change your diet at all, and you'll lose a
> couple of dress sizes, IME. And the hourglass gets more pronounced. And
> have killer spicy chicken fettuccine alfredo and spaghetti ala carbonara
> recipes. ;-) I figure if the scale says I'm heavier and my clothes say
I'm
> smaller, at least around the waist... that's gotta be muscle, right?

Correct. Especially if you've noticed some of the flabbyness disappearing
too.

Piscanthropus Profundus
July 11th 03, 04:08 PM
"Theresa" > wrote in message
> Clark wrote:
> >> You guys seem to have some insight into the subject.
> > How about this zigzag diet, it seems to solve the problem from what I
> > read.
> > Has anyone tried it? What were the results?
> > How about a full body workout every third day, with a low carb, low
> > fat day on the day before each workout? In other words, workout day is
> > high carb, high protein, high fat, next day, medium carbs,protein,fat
> > third day, low carb,fat, high protein and then repeat.
> >
> > comments please
>
> Lift heavy twice a week, don't change your diet at all, and you'll lose a
> couple of dress sizes, IME. And the hourglass gets more pronounced. And
> have killer spicy chicken fettuccine alfredo and spaghetti ala carbonara
> recipes. ;-) I figure if the scale says I'm heavier and my clothes say
I'm
> smaller, at least around the waist... that's gotta be muscle, right?

Correct. Especially if you've noticed some of the flabbyness disappearing
too.

Matti Kolu
July 11th 03, 07:52 PM
"Theresa" > skrev i meddelandet
> Clark wrote:
> >> You guys seem to have some insight into the subject.
> > How about this zigzag diet, it seems to solve the problem from what I
> > read.
> > Has anyone tried it? What were the results?
> > How about a full body workout every third day, with a low carb, low
> > fat day on the day before each workout? In other words, workout day is
> > high carb, high protein, high fat, next day, medium carbs,protein,fat
> > third day, low carb,fat, high protein and then repeat.
> >
> > comments please
>
> Lift heavy twice a week, don't change your diet at all, and you'll lose a
> couple of dress sizes, IME. And the hourglass gets more pronounced.

jpegs please.

>And I
> have killer spicy chicken fettuccine alfredo and spaghetti ala carbonara
> recipes. ;-) I figure if the scale says I'm heavier and my clothes say
I'm
> smaller, at least around the waist... that's gotta be muscle, right?

Matti

Matti Kolu
July 11th 03, 07:52 PM
"Theresa" > skrev i meddelandet
> Clark wrote:
> >> You guys seem to have some insight into the subject.
> > How about this zigzag diet, it seems to solve the problem from what I
> > read.
> > Has anyone tried it? What were the results?
> > How about a full body workout every third day, with a low carb, low
> > fat day on the day before each workout? In other words, workout day is
> > high carb, high protein, high fat, next day, medium carbs,protein,fat
> > third day, low carb,fat, high protein and then repeat.
> >
> > comments please
>
> Lift heavy twice a week, don't change your diet at all, and you'll lose a
> couple of dress sizes, IME. And the hourglass gets more pronounced.

jpegs please.

>And I
> have killer spicy chicken fettuccine alfredo and spaghetti ala carbonara
> recipes. ;-) I figure if the scale says I'm heavier and my clothes say
I'm
> smaller, at least around the waist... that's gotta be muscle, right?

Matti

ignorcrew
July 11th 03, 10:08 PM
"Theresa" > wrote in message >...
> Clark wrote:
> >> You guys seem to have some insight into the subject.
> > How about this zigzag diet, it seems to solve the problem from what I
> > read.
> > Has anyone tried it? What were the results?
> > How about a full body workout every third day, with a low carb, low
> > fat day on the day before each workout? In other words, workout day is
> > high carb, high protein, high fat, next day, medium carbs,protein,fat
> > third day, low carb,fat, high protein and then repeat.
> >
> > comments please
>
> Lift heavy twice a week, don't change your diet at all, and you'll lose a
> couple of dress sizes, IME. And the hourglass gets more pronounced.

You can turn off the guys with this kind of endorsment. I think they
are more into V taper.