PDA

View Full Version : Protein powder cheap?

Jon C
July 26th 04, 05:49 AM
I'm having a damned hard time getting enough protein without sacrificing
too many fruits and veggies, so I'm thinking about protein shakes.

Those things are expensive as hell, though. What online stores have
whey protein shake mix the cheapest?

Jeff Finlayson
July 26th 04, 06:29 AM
Jon C wrote:

> I'm having a damned hard time getting enough protein without sacrificing
> too many fruits and veggies, so I'm thinking about protein shakes.
>
> Those things are expensive as hell, though. What online stores have
> whey protein shake mix the cheapest?

netrition.com is one place to buy protein powders and other
supplements. Their prices are lower than some sites, but there
may be others with lower prices.

Gary Schnabl
July 26th 04, 06:52 AM
Try the bulk foods stores. I sometimes buy foodstuffs online from Cathy's
Bulk Foods in Appleton, WI. They don't carry whey protein powder though.
They have soy protein powder cheap. They have a whey powder, but it has more
carbs than protein.

Whey protein powder is available from Cargill and I suppose that the
suppliers of the whey protein shakes buy from them wholesale. Why not ask
Cargill what minimum quantity they will sell. Perhaps, their minimum
quantity may not be too high. Or else, you might ask around and split up a
wholesale lot.

"Jon C" > wrote in message
> I'm having a damned hard time getting enough protein without sacrificing
> too many fruits and veggies, so I'm thinking about protein shakes.
>
> Those things are expensive as hell, though. What online stores have
> whey protein shake mix the cheapest?

Gary Schnabl
July 26th 04, 07:08 AM
Better yet, try this link for a supplier:
http://www.foodit.net/sd/search/ingredientSearch.php
Enter "whey protein" (or whatever else) and then select the exact form of
whey protein and continent. You will get over a dozen suppliers this way.

Gary

"Gary Schnabl" > wrote in message
> Try the bulk foods stores. I sometimes buy foodstuffs online from Cathy's
> Bulk Foods in Appleton, WI. They don't carry whey protein powder though.
> They have soy protein powder cheap. They have a whey powder, but it has
more
> carbs than protein.
>
> Whey protein powder is available from Cargill and I suppose that the
> suppliers of the whey protein shakes buy from them wholesale. Why not ask
> Cargill what minimum quantity they will sell. Perhaps, their minimum
> quantity may not be too high. Or else, you might ask around and split up a
> wholesale lot.
>

> "Jon C" > wrote in message
> > I'm having a damned hard time getting enough protein without sacrificing
> > too many fruits and veggies, so I'm thinking about protein shakes.
> >
> > Those things are expensive as hell, though. What online stores have
> > whey protein shake mix the cheapest?

tintinet
July 26th 04, 12:22 PM
Jon C > wrote in message >...
> I'm having a damned hard time getting enough protein without sacrificing
> too many fruits and veggies, so I'm thinking about protein shakes.
>
> Those things are expensive as hell, though. What online stores have
> whey protein shake mix the cheapest?

This is pretty dang cheap!

http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/productshow.php?&productid=10976