PDA

View Full Version : Whey protein pancakes

Mistress Krista
July 12th 03, 08:48 PM
My sister gave me this recipe and I made it this morning. It sounded gross
in theory, but wasn't too bad.

2 eggs
1/2 cup unflavoured whey protein powder
1/3 cup low fat sour cream (I used low fat plain yogurt)
1 teaspoon of baking powder
2 tablespoons of olive oil (I used safflower oil)
1-2 teaspoons of sugar to taste
1/2 to 1 tsp of vanilla
sprinkle of cinnamon for taste

The whole thing has approximately 579 calories, 16g of carbs, 38g of
protein. A generous portion would probably be about half that. And, of
course, not counting syrup. :) These cook very quickly, much more quickly
than regular pancakes so you really have to watch them closely and flip them
almost as soon as they bubble.

Krista

--
--------------------
www.stumptuous.com/weights.html

The Nuclear Marine
July 12th 03, 09:25 PM
"Mistress Krista" *rem0vethis*> wrote in
le.rogers.com:

> My sister gave me this recipe and I made it this morning. It sounded
> gross in theory, but wasn't too bad.
>
> 2 eggs
> 1/2 cup unflavoured whey protein powder
> 1/3 cup low fat sour cream (I used low fat plain yogurt)
> 1 teaspoon of baking powder
> 2 tablespoons of olive oil (I used safflower oil)
> 1-2 teaspoons of sugar to taste
> 1/2 to 1 tsp of vanilla
> sprinkle of cinnamon for taste
>
> The whole thing has approximately 579 calories, 16g of carbs, 38g of
> protein. A generous portion would probably be about half that. And,
> of course, not counting syrup. :) These cook very quickly, much more
> quickly than regular pancakes so you really have to watch them closely
> and flip them almost as soon as they bubble.
>

> Krista

What effect does the cooking have on the whey protein? I know you may
not know the answer but there is bound to be a bio chemist or two that
know the effects of heat on whey protein.

I found out quickly you don't make a hot cocoa drink. The mess that
resulted went down the sink.

Nuke

--
Listen to the Black Atheist Avenger: www.InfidelGuy.com

It's been lonely in the saddle since my horse died.

Prison Sex - Silent but Violent

The Nuclear Marine
July 12th 03, 09:25 PM
"Mistress Krista" *rem0vethis*> wrote in
le.rogers.com:

> My sister gave me this recipe and I made it this morning. It sounded
> gross in theory, but wasn't too bad.
>
> 2 eggs
> 1/2 cup unflavoured whey protein powder
> 1/3 cup low fat sour cream (I used low fat plain yogurt)
> 1 teaspoon of baking powder
> 2 tablespoons of olive oil (I used safflower oil)
> 1-2 teaspoons of sugar to taste
> 1/2 to 1 tsp of vanilla
> sprinkle of cinnamon for taste
>
> The whole thing has approximately 579 calories, 16g of carbs, 38g of
> protein. A generous portion would probably be about half that. And,
> of course, not counting syrup. :) These cook very quickly, much more
> quickly than regular pancakes so you really have to watch them closely
> and flip them almost as soon as they bubble.
>

> Krista

What effect does the cooking have on the whey protein? I know you may
not know the answer but there is bound to be a bio chemist or two that
know the effects of heat on whey protein.

I found out quickly you don't make a hot cocoa drink. The mess that
resulted went down the sink.

Nuke

--
Listen to the Black Atheist Avenger: www.InfidelGuy.com

It's been lonely in the saddle since my horse died.

Prison Sex - Silent but Violent

Gary J. Weiner
July 12th 03, 10:57 PM
The Nuclear Marine > wrote in
. 6:

> What effect does the cooking have on the whey protein? I know you may
> not know the answer but there is bound to be a bio chemist or two that
> know the effects of heat on whey protein.
>
> I found out quickly you don't make a hot cocoa drink. The mess that
> resulted went down the sink.

Yes, I tried using some whey powder as a "thickener" in a cheese sauce.

Hey, it looked like flour.

--
Gary J. Weiner \ Habitat for Humanity of Suffolk
\ Building Homes - Building Hope

Gary J. Weiner
July 12th 03, 10:57 PM
The Nuclear Marine > wrote in
. 6:

> What effect does the cooking have on the whey protein? I know you may
> not know the answer but there is bound to be a bio chemist or two that
> know the effects of heat on whey protein.
>
> I found out quickly you don't make a hot cocoa drink. The mess that
> resulted went down the sink.

Yes, I tried using some whey powder as a "thickener" in a cheese sauce.

Hey, it looked like flour.

--
Gary J. Weiner \ Habitat for Humanity of Suffolk
\ Building Homes - Building Hope
http://www.hatrack.net \ http://www.hfhsuffolk.org
"Hang Your Web With Us!" \

Mistress Krista
July 13th 03, 12:27 AM
"The Nuclear Marine" > wrote in message
. 6...
> What effect does the cooking have on the whey protein? I know you may
> not know the answer but there is bound to be a bio chemist or two that
> know the effects of heat on whey protein.
>
> I found out quickly you don't make a hot cocoa drink. The mess that
> resulted went down the sink.

Yeah, I tried baking a whey cake once. *shudder* I think also that some
flavoured protein powders don't behave as well as unflavoured ones.

The thing with this recipe is that you don't cook the pancakes very long.
Like 30-60 seconds per side, at a medium-low temperature. It's not a
sustained high heat.

Krista

--
--------------------
www.stumptuous.com/weights.html
www.trans-health.com

Mistress Krista
July 13th 03, 12:27 AM
"The Nuclear Marine" > wrote in message
. 6...
> What effect does the cooking have on the whey protein? I know you may
> not know the answer but there is bound to be a bio chemist or two that
> know the effects of heat on whey protein.
>
> I found out quickly you don't make a hot cocoa drink. The mess that
> resulted went down the sink.

Yeah, I tried baking a whey cake once. *shudder* I think also that some
flavoured protein powders don't behave as well as unflavoured ones.

The thing with this recipe is that you don't cook the pancakes very long.
Like 30-60 seconds per side, at a medium-low temperature. It's not a
sustained high heat.

Krista

--
--------------------
www.stumptuous.com/weights.html
www.trans-health.com

AmazingRich
July 13th 03, 09:20 AM
> I found out quickly you don't make a hot cocoa drink. The mess that
> resulted went down the sink.
>
> Nuke

Ditto, except it was on a camping trip and I didn't have any other breakfast
(or a sink) so I ate as much as I could stand. It was kind of like pencil
eraser soup.
--
Rich
to email remove "nospam."

AmazingRich
July 13th 03, 09:20 AM
> I found out quickly you don't make a hot cocoa drink. The mess that
> resulted went down the sink.
>
> Nuke

Ditto, except it was on a camping trip and I didn't have any other breakfast
(or a sink) so I ate as much as I could stand. It was kind of like pencil
eraser soup.
--
Rich
to email remove "nospam."

Demetri Karavas
July 13th 03, 03:33 PM
"Mistress Krista" *rem0vethis*> wrote in
message le.rogers.com...

> "The Nuclear Marine" > wrote in message
> . 6...
> > What effect does the cooking have on the whey protein? I know you may
> > not know the answer but there is bound to be a bio chemist or two that
> > know the effects of heat on whey protein.
> >
> > I found out quickly you don't make a hot cocoa drink. The mess that
> > resulted went down the sink.
> >

> Yeah, I tried baking a whey cake once. *shudder* I think also that some
> flavoured protein powders don't behave as well as unflavoured ones.
>
> The thing with this recipe is that you don't cook the pancakes very long.
> Like 30-60 seconds per side, at a medium-low temperature. It's not a
> sustained high heat.
>

> Krista
>
> --
> --------------------
> www.stumptuous.com/weights.html
> www.trans-health.com

The recipe sounds good. You could always use soy (ick) protein. From what I
understand it's pretty durable and can be used in almost anything ....
slightly cooked whey protein is still probably better than soy.

--

Demetri

http://www.bodybuilding.ca/

http://demetri.ca/bb/prov03/03-prov-14.jpg