PDA

View Full Version : Outside Magazine Writer working on piece about performance enhancing drugs

Stuart
July 14th 03, 07:58 PM
Greetings. I'm writing a piece for Outside Magazine on performance
enhancing drugs, with an empahsis on endurance sports. I'm interested
in hearing from anyone who might have some thoughts on the following:

1. Is there a steroid combination that could be effective in endurance
sports such as bicycle racing? It would have to be a steroid or stack
that helped build muscle and possibly endurance without adding bulk.

2. If one is using just test in an injectable form, say 100 mg a week,
would it have much muscle building impact?

3. If one is doing long distance training -- bicycle racing,
triathalons -- would using Winstrol in an oral form help reduce body
fat and increase lean body mass without a dramatic gain in body mass?

There are some very knowledgeable people on this board and I do
appreciate your help. If requested, any responses will be given full
confidentially.

Thanks for your help.

Stuart Stevens

Theresa
July 14th 03, 10:07 PM
Stuart ) wrote:
> Greetings. I'm writing a piece for Outside Magazine on performance
> enhancing drugs, with an emphasis on endurance sports. I'm interested
> in hearing from anyone who might have some thoughts on the following:
>
> 1. Is there a steroid combination that could be effective in endurance
> sports such as bicycle racing? It would have to be a steroid or stack
> that helped build muscle and possibly endurance without adding bulk.
>
> 2. If one is using just test in an injectable form, say 100 mg a week,
> would it have much muscle building impact?
>
> 3. If one is doing long distance training -- bicycle racing,
> triathlons -- would using Winstrol in an oral form help reduce body
> fat and increase lean body mass without a dramatic gain in body mass?
>
> There are some very knowledgeable people on this board and I do
> appreciate your help. If requested, any responses will be given full
> confidentially.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Stuart Stevens

Really? Interesting, I wouldn't think a relatively wholesome magazine like
Outside would be interested in that sort of thing.

Knowledge is power.
Power corrupts.
Study hard. Be evil.

Theresa
July 14th 03, 10:07 PM
Stuart ) wrote:
> Greetings. I'm writing a piece for Outside Magazine on performance
> enhancing drugs, with an emphasis on endurance sports. I'm interested
> in hearing from anyone who might have some thoughts on the following:
>
> 1. Is there a steroid combination that could be effective in endurance
> sports such as bicycle racing? It would have to be a steroid or stack
> that helped build muscle and possibly endurance without adding bulk.
>
> 2. If one is using just test in an injectable form, say 100 mg a week,
> would it have much muscle building impact?
>
> 3. If one is doing long distance training -- bicycle racing,
> triathlons -- would using Winstrol in an oral form help reduce body
> fat and increase lean body mass without a dramatic gain in body mass?
>
> There are some very knowledgeable people on this board and I do
> appreciate your help. If requested, any responses will be given full
> confidentially.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Stuart Stevens

Really? Interesting, I wouldn't think a relatively wholesome magazine like
Outside would be interested in that sort of thing.

Knowledge is power.
Power corrupts.
Study hard. Be evil.

Chris Lee
July 15th 03, 06:31 PM
(Stuart) wrote in
m:

> Greetings. I'm writing a piece for Outside Magazine on performance
> enhancing drugs, with an empahsis on endurance sports. I'm interested
> in hearing from anyone who might have some thoughts on the following:
>
> 1. Is there a steroid combination that could be effective in endurance
> sports such as bicycle racing? It would have to be a steroid or stack
> that helped build muscle and possibly endurance without adding bulk.
>
> 2. If one is using just test in an injectable form, say 100 mg a week,
> would it have much muscle building impact?
>
> 3. If one is doing long distance training -- bicycle racing,
> triathalons -- would using Winstrol in an oral form help reduce body
> fat and increase lean body mass without a dramatic gain in body mass?
>
> There are some very knowledgeable people on this board and I do
> appreciate your help. If requested, any responses will be given full
> confidentially.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Stuart Stevens

Hi Stuart:

1. yes

2. not enough test

3. maybe. Depends on a number of factors - which compound(s) being used
being only a part of the equation. Just about any steroid or combination
thereof could be used for this purpose, it's all in the application. Gains
in body mass are a function of calorie intake and to a lesser extent water
retention (which can be controlled with other compounds). Bodybuilders use
all sorts of different steroid cycles to help preserve lean mass while
dropping fat for competition.

Though there are a few regulars here that are knowledgeable about anabolics
and perf. enhancing drugs, they're not a big topic of discussion here for
some reason. Most people "in the know" tend to hang out at private,
moderated forums where you have to register, like the one Krista mentioned
above and at other places like anabolics.com, elitefitnesssystems.com,
anabolicminds.com, etc. You're more likely to get a lot more info at these
places.

That being said, these people tend to be wary of journalists and you may or
may not get a warm reception. This is because media bias on the subject
has been overwhelmingly negative. There was a recent article in ESPN
Magazine dealing with prohormones and steroids that got a lot of netizens
really ****ed off by the way it portrayed the industry and people
associated with it.

I hope you get the info you need and write a straight-up, non-biased
article. I like backpacking and mountaineering, read Outside occasionally,
and would really hate to see another trashy piece filled with half-truths,
misconceptions, and outright lies in this magazine. Good luck.

Chris