PDA

View Full Version : Re: Unbelievable purchase at GNC

manny SIX
July 15th 03, 02:27 AM
It's pathetic this that slug believed that anything he was buying works. All
that garbage is totally ineffective. You knew that, right? Oh, wait a
minute, you were in the store at the same time buying the same stuff. You
are just as stupid and pathetic as he is, just in miniature.

I feel sorry for all three of you. If you've got money you don't want put it
in my paypal account instead of wasting it on complete garbage. I'll punch
you up side the head if I catch you in GNC again!!!

"Curtiss Howard" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi, long-time lurker, first-time poster here.

manny SIX
July 15th 03, 02:27 AM
It's pathetic this that slug believed that anything he was buying works. All
that garbage is totally ineffective. You knew that, right? Oh, wait a
minute, you were in the store at the same time buying the same stuff. You
are just as stupid and pathetic as he is, just in miniature.

I feel sorry for all three of you. If you've got money you don't want put it
in my paypal account instead of wasting it on complete garbage. I'll punch
you up side the head if I catch you in GNC again!!!

"Curtiss Howard" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi, long-time lurker, first-time poster here.

Chaser
July 15th 03, 03:35 AM
On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 17:27:16 -0700, "manny SIX" >
wrote:

>It's pathetic this that slug believed that anything he was buying works. All
>that garbage is totally ineffective. You knew that, right? Oh, wait a
>minute, you were in the store at the same time buying the same stuff. You
>are just as stupid and pathetic as he is, just in miniature.
>
>I feel sorry for all three of you. If you've got money you don't want put it
>in my paypal account instead of wasting it on complete garbage. I'll punch
>you up side the head if I catch you in GNC again!!!
>

>"Curtiss Howard" > wrote in message
om...
>> Hi, long-time lurker, first-time poster here.

Can you elaborate on this please? Why doesn't it work?

wrote:

>It's pathetic this that slug believed that anything he was buying works. All
>that garbage is totally ineffective. You knew that, right? Oh, wait a
>minute, you were in the store at the same time buying the same stuff. You
>are just as stupid and pathetic as he is, just in miniature.
>
>I feel sorry for all three of you. If you've got money you don't want put it
>in my paypal account instead of wasting it on complete garbage. I'll punch
>you up side the head if I catch you in GNC again!!!
>

>"Curtiss Howard" > wrote in message
om...
>> Hi, long-time lurker, first-time poster here.

Can you elaborate on this please? Why doesn't it work?

Darryl Licke
July 15th 03, 05:40 AM
Thats just crazy. You have to wonder if he knows about the internet and
purchasing in bulk at a cheaper price. Not o mention having it shipped to
your home.

Darryl Licke
July 15th 03, 05:40 AM
Thats just crazy. You have to wonder if he knows about the internet and
purchasing in bulk at a cheaper price. Not o mention having it shipped to
your home.

Martin Shuster
July 15th 03, 06:21 AM
On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, manny SIX wrote:

> It's pathetic this that slug believed that anything he was buying works. All
> that garbage is totally ineffective. You knew that, right? Oh, wait a
> minute, you were in the store at the same time buying the same stuff. You
> are just as stupid and pathetic as he is, just in miniature.
>
> I feel sorry for all three of you. If you've got money you don't want put it

Who is the third person? Did I miss something? So far we've only been
introduced to two characters: you and the original poster.

--
Martin Shuster

martin dot shuster at yale dot edu

Martin Shuster
July 15th 03, 06:21 AM
On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, manny SIX wrote:

> It's pathetic this that slug believed that anything he was buying works. All
> that garbage is totally ineffective. You knew that, right? Oh, wait a
> minute, you were in the store at the same time buying the same stuff. You
> are just as stupid and pathetic as he is, just in miniature.
>
> I feel sorry for all three of you. If you've got money you don't want put it

Who is the third person? Did I miss something? So far we've only been
introduced to two characters: you and the original poster.

> in my paypal account instead of wasting it on complete garbage. I'll punch
> you up side the head if I catch you in GNC again!!!
>

> "Curtiss Howard" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Hi, long-time lurker, first-time poster here.

--
Martin Shuster

martin dot shuster at yale dot edu

Art S
July 15th 03, 06:25 AM
"Chaser" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 17:27:16 -0700, "manny SIX" >
> wrote:
>
> >It's pathetic this that slug believed that anything he was buying works. All
> >that garbage is totally ineffective. You knew that, right? Oh, wait a
> >minute, you were in the store at the same time buying the same stuff. You
> >are just as stupid and pathetic as he is, just in miniature.
> >
> >I feel sorry for all three of you. If you've got money you don't want put it
> >in my paypal account instead of wasting it on complete garbage. I'll punch
> >you up side the head if I catch you in GNC again!!!
> >

> >"Curtiss Howard" > wrote in message
> om...
> >> Hi, long-time lurker, first-time poster here.
> >

> Can you elaborate on this please? Why doesn't it work?

Chaser, let me introduce you to Roger-the-retard.

It's fairly simple to tell when a post is from Roger-the-retard:
1) the post is from giganews (check the headers in manny SIX's post), and
2) the content of the post is either "don't post off topic" or "supplements
don't work".

Roger-the-retard does post more than that, but the above covers around
90% of his posts.

HTH

Art

Art S
July 15th 03, 06:25 AM
"Chaser" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 17:27:16 -0700, "manny SIX" >
> wrote:
>
> >It's pathetic this that slug believed that anything he was buying works. All
> >that garbage is totally ineffective. You knew that, right? Oh, wait a
> >minute, you were in the store at the same time buying the same stuff. You
> >are just as stupid and pathetic as he is, just in miniature.
> >
> >I feel sorry for all three of you. If you've got money you don't want put it
> >in my paypal account instead of wasting it on complete garbage. I'll punch
> >you up side the head if I catch you in GNC again!!!
> >

> >"Curtiss Howard" > wrote in message
> om...
> >> Hi, long-time lurker, first-time poster here.
> >

> Can you elaborate on this please? Why doesn't it work?

Chaser, let me introduce you to Roger-the-retard.

It's fairly simple to tell when a post is from Roger-the-retard:
1) the post is from giganews (check the headers in manny SIX's post), and
2) the content of the post is either "don't post off topic" or "supplements
don't work".

Roger-the-retard does post more than that, but the above covers around
90% of his posts.

HTH

Art

PS
July 15th 03, 07:34 AM
Forget him. If you are not buying online, you are getting hosed
> [...]

> marked down heavily) so this guy can stock up, every six weeks, like
> clockwork. Mr. Protein told me that in addition to all this crap he
> bought that he eats EIGHTEEN EGGS A DAY and hearty meals. Again,
> under normal circumstances I wouldn't have believed this but after
> seeing what I saw it doesn't see that far-fetched. The one thing I
> DIDN'T believe was when he told me that he only gets 300 grams of
> protein a day. Yeah right.
>
> The funniest thing was that he wasn't all that big. If I had to take
> a guess I'd say that he weighed about 220 and probably had a 1RM on
> the bench of around 315, if that (just a gut feeling, and I could be
> wrong).
>
> Sorry to ramble on, but this is the first time I've seen someone buy
> so much damn protein at one time, and I was absolutely amazed. I'm
> sure you guys have some more far-out stories though :).

David Winters
July 15th 03, 11:00 PM
"Art S" > writes:

> "Chaser" > wrote in message
> > On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 17:27:16 -0700, "manny SIX" >
> > wrote:
> >
> > >It's pathetic this that slug believed that anything he was buying works. All
> > >that garbage is totally ineffective. You knew that, right? Oh, wait a
> > >minute, you were in the store at the same time buying the same stuff. You
> > >are just as stupid and pathetic as he is, just in miniature.
> > >
> > >I feel sorry for all three of you. If you've got money you don't want put it
> > >in my paypal account instead of wasting it on complete garbage. I'll punch
> > >you up side the head if I catch you in GNC again!!!
> > >

> > >"Curtiss Howard" > wrote in message
> > om...
> > >

> > Can you elaborate on this please? Why doesn't it work?

Protein is, for all intents and purposes, protein. If the contents match
the label and the stuff's not so far beyond its expiration date that it has
chemically degraded, the protein {shakes|bars|powders} "work" as sources of
protein.

Creatine's effectiveness depends largely on how much "naturally occurring"
creatine you get through your diet (meat). Veg{etari}ans seem to get more
out of creatine supplementation than do omnivores, because there is a limit
as to how much creatine the body can use. (A "saturation point," to misuse
the term.)

Different prohormones work, to greater or lesser degrees, in different
people.

Much of the rest of the stuff sold as "supplements" is indeed garbage.

> Chaser, let me introduce you to Roger-the-retard.
>
> It's fairly simple to tell when a post is from Roger-the-retard:
> 1) the post is from giganews (check the headers in manny SIX's post), and
> 2) the content of the post is either "don't post off topic" or "supplements
> don't work".

3) some variant of 'punch you upside the head.'

> Roger-the-retard does post more than that, but the above covers around
> 90% of his posts.

99%, now. And I've been back less than a week.

D.

David Winters
July 15th 03, 11:00 PM