PDA

View Full Version : I gave to Dolfzine...

Wendy Marsden
July 15th 03, 04:14 AM
Does anyone else support zines online? I was wondering if I'm just a soft
touch or if this is just something that grown-ups do. (I also give to
Public Television.)

-- Wendy

Nina
July 15th 03, 05:07 AM
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 02:14:48 GMT, Wendy Marsden
> wrote:

>Does anyone else support zines online? I was wondering if I'm just a soft
>touch or if this is just something that grown-ups do. (I also give to
>Public Television.)
>
>-- Wendy

I don't exactly understand what the relationship is between being
grown up and being charitable. I'm beginning to think the two are
mutually exclusive.

That said, I don't give money to online 'zines. I have supplied free
material, however. I give my money and my time to dogs. Everyone
else can handle the other stuff.

Cheers,
Nina
delicious! evil! calorie free!
http://www.theslack.com

Nina
July 15th 03, 05:07 AM
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 02:14:48 GMT, Wendy Marsden
> wrote:

>Does anyone else support zines online? I was wondering if I'm just a soft
>touch or if this is just something that grown-ups do. (I also give to
>Public Television.)
>
>-- Wendy

I don't exactly understand what the relationship is between being
grown up and being charitable. I'm beginning to think the two are
mutually exclusive.

That said, I don't give money to online 'zines. I have supplied free
material, however. I give my money and my time to dogs. Everyone
else can handle the other stuff.

Cheers,
Nina
delicious! evil! calorie free!
http://www.theslack.com

David Cohen
July 15th 03, 05:24 AM
"Nina" > wrote
> Wendy Marsden > wrote:
> >Does anyone else support zines online? I was wondering if I'm just
a soft
> >touch or if this is just something that grown-ups do. (I also give
> >Public Television.)

> I don't exactly understand what the relationship is between being
> grown up and being charitable. I'm beginning to think the two are
> mutually exclusive.
>
> That said, I don't give money to online 'zines. I have supplied
free
> material, however. I give my money and my time to dogs.

Damn! Fine. You're forgiven about the Mandalay.

Can't resist the freakin' dog lovers :(

David
www.geocities.com/sammiesdad/dogs.html
"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet; and amid all
the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has
made an alliance with us."---Maurice Maeterlinck

David Cohen
July 15th 03, 05:24 AM
"Nina" > wrote
> Wendy Marsden > wrote:
> >Does anyone else support zines online? I was wondering if I'm just
a soft
> >touch or if this is just something that grown-ups do. (I also give
> >Public Television.)

> I don't exactly understand what the relationship is between being
> grown up and being charitable. I'm beginning to think the two are
> mutually exclusive.
>
> That said, I don't give money to online 'zines. I have supplied
free
> material, however. I give my money and my time to dogs.

Damn! Fine. You're forgiven about the Mandalay.

Can't resist the freakin' dog lovers :(

David
www.geocities.com/sammiesdad/dogs.html
"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet; and amid all
the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has
made an alliance with us."---Maurice Maeterlinck

Nina
July 15th 03, 10:27 AM
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 03:24:11 GMT, "David Cohen"
> wrote:

>"Nina" > wrote
>> Wendy Marsden > wrote:
>> >Does anyone else support zines online? I was wondering if I'm just
>a soft
>> >touch or if this is just something that grown-ups do. (I also give
>> >Public Television.)
>
>> I don't exactly understand what the relationship is between being
>> grown up and being charitable. I'm beginning to think the two are
>> mutually exclusive.
>>
>> That said, I don't give money to online 'zines. I have supplied
>free
>> material, however. I give my money and my time to dogs.
>
>Damn! Fine. You're forgiven about the Mandalay.
>
>Can't resist the freakin' dog lovers :(

I won't tell you about my forays into Auschwitz (aka the Riverside
County Animal Shelter) lately, but it ain't pretty. I have
nightmares.

Cheers,
Nina

delicious! evil! calorie free!
http://www.theslack.com

Nina
July 15th 03, 10:27 AM
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 03:24:11 GMT, "David Cohen"
> wrote:

>"Nina" > wrote
>> Wendy Marsden > wrote:
>> >Does anyone else support zines online? I was wondering if I'm just
>a soft
>> >touch or if this is just something that grown-ups do. (I also give
>> >Public Television.)
>
>> I don't exactly understand what the relationship is between being
>> grown up and being charitable. I'm beginning to think the two are
>> mutually exclusive.
>>
>> That said, I don't give money to online 'zines. I have supplied
>free
>> material, however. I give my money and my time to dogs.
>
>Damn! Fine. You're forgiven about the Mandalay.
>
>Can't resist the freakin' dog lovers :(

I won't tell you about my forays into Auschwitz (aka the Riverside
County Animal Shelter) lately, but it ain't pretty. I have
nightmares.

Cheers,
Nina

delicious! evil! calorie free!
http://www.theslack.com

David Cohen
July 15th 03, 11:18 AM
"Nina" > wrote
> "David Cohen" > wrote:
> >a soft
> >
> >> I don't exactly understand what the relationship is between being
> >> grown up and being charitable. I'm beginning to think the two
are
> >> mutually exclusive.
> >>
> >> That said, I don't give money to online 'zines. I have supplied
> >free
> >> material, however. I give my money and my time to dogs.
> >
> >Damn! Fine. You're forgiven about the Mandalay.
> >
> >Can't resist the freakin' dog lovers :(
>
> I won't tell you about my forays into Auschwitz (aka the Riverside
> County Animal Shelter) lately, but it ain't pretty. I have
> nightmares.

I almost never go to animal shelters anymore. Watching a grown man
crying tends to turn off the prospective adopters.

"As perpetually juvenile apes, we have created a playmate for
ourselves in a
perpetually juvenile wolf."...Dr Stanley Coren, "How To Speak Dog"

David Cohen
July 15th 03, 11:18 AM
"Nina" > wrote
> "David Cohen" > wrote:
> >a soft
> >
> >> I don't exactly understand what the relationship is between being
> >> grown up and being charitable. I'm beginning to think the two
are
> >> mutually exclusive.
> >>
> >> That said, I don't give money to online 'zines. I have supplied
> >free
> >> material, however. I give my money and my time to dogs.
> >
> >Damn! Fine. You're forgiven about the Mandalay.
> >
> >Can't resist the freakin' dog lovers :(
>
> I won't tell you about my forays into Auschwitz (aka the Riverside
> County Animal Shelter) lately, but it ain't pretty. I have
> nightmares.

I almost never go to animal shelters anymore. Watching a grown man
crying tends to turn off the prospective adopters.

"As perpetually juvenile apes, we have created a playmate for
ourselves in a
perpetually juvenile wolf."...Dr Stanley Coren, "How To Speak Dog"

Wayne S. Hill
July 15th 03, 02:08 PM
David Cohen wrote:

> Nina wrote

>> I won't tell you about my forays into Auschwitz (aka the
>> Riverside County Animal Shelter) lately, but it ain't
>> pretty. I have nightmares.
>
> I almost never go to animal shelters anymore. Watching a
> grown man crying tends to turn off the prospective adopters.

We got Rocky from a shelter. As we were driving into the parking
lot, we had to wait for another car to back out to get their
space. It was Rocky's former owners. Rocky's future was
uncertain for about 10 minutes.

Although this is a no-kill shelter, many of the dogs were fated to
live out their lives there: you'll often lose your homeowner's
insurance if you own a pit bull, even if it's the sweetest dog in
the world.

New thread: insurance companies are operated by morons.

--
-Wayne

Wayne S. Hill
July 15th 03, 02:08 PM
David Cohen wrote:

> Nina wrote

>> I won't tell you about my forays into Auschwitz (aka the
>> Riverside County Animal Shelter) lately, but it ain't
>> pretty. I have nightmares.
>
> I almost never go to animal shelters anymore. Watching a
> grown man crying tends to turn off the prospective adopters.

We got Rocky from a shelter. As we were driving into the parking
lot, we had to wait for another car to back out to get their
space. It was Rocky's former owners. Rocky's future was
uncertain for about 10 minutes.

Although this is a no-kill shelter, many of the dogs were fated to
live out their lives there: you'll often lose your homeowner's
insurance if you own a pit bull, even if it's the sweetest dog in
the world.

New thread: insurance companies are operated by morons.

--
-Wayne

Hard Headed Woman
July 15th 03, 02:17 PM
"Wayne S. Hill" > wrote in message

> We got Rocky from a shelter. As we were driving into the parking
> lot, we had to wait for another car to back out to get their
> space. It was Rocky's former owners. Rocky's future was
> uncertain for about 10 minutes.
>
> Although this is a no-kill shelter, many of the dogs were fated to
> live out their lives there: you'll often lose your homeowner's
> insurance if you own a pit bull, even if it's the sweetest dog in
> the world.

Pit bulls ARE the sweetest dogs in the world...that is, after my yellow lab,
Cherokee...

And, to David: Snuggles and Starr are gorgeous!

-HHW-

Hard Headed Woman
July 15th 03, 02:17 PM
"Wayne S. Hill" > wrote in message

> We got Rocky from a shelter. As we were driving into the parking
> lot, we had to wait for another car to back out to get their
> space. It was Rocky's former owners. Rocky's future was
> uncertain for about 10 minutes.
>
> Although this is a no-kill shelter, many of the dogs were fated to
> live out their lives there: you'll often lose your homeowner's
> insurance if you own a pit bull, even if it's the sweetest dog in
> the world.

Pit bulls ARE the sweetest dogs in the world...that is, after my yellow lab,
Cherokee...

And, to David: Snuggles and Starr are gorgeous!

-HHW-

Lyle McDonald
July 15th 03, 06:03 PM
dogsbody wrote:

> Nina > wrote in
> :
>
> > I don't exactly understand what the relationship is between being
> > grown up and being charitable. I'm beginning to think the two are
> > mutually exclusive.
> >

> Children have a self-centered view of the universe. Every decision is
> evaluated on how it affects them in the short term.
>
> Adults are expected to learn to constrain their behavior though an
> understanding of how it affects others. They are expected to understand they
> are a part of a network of relationships that we call society.
>
> Charity is one way this recognition may take form. Giving value (money) in
> return for value (a good online 'zine),

Maybe when Dolfzine becomes good...
Or at least not the ugliest, most poorly laid out online magazine in existence.

But I do register Shareware that I really like. I don't consider it
'adult' or feel self-righteous about it though, it's just a way of
paying people for their work.

Uplink is cool.

Lyle

Lyle McDonald
July 15th 03, 06:03 PM
dogsbody wrote:

> Nina > wrote in
> :
>
> > I don't exactly understand what the relationship is between being
> > grown up and being charitable. I'm beginning to think the two are
> > mutually exclusive.
> >

> Children have a self-centered view of the universe. Every decision is
> evaluated on how it affects them in the short term.
>
> Adults are expected to learn to constrain their behavior though an
> understanding of how it affects others. They are expected to understand they
> are a part of a network of relationships that we call society.
>
> Charity is one way this recognition may take form. Giving value (money) in
> return for value (a good online 'zine),

Maybe when Dolfzine becomes good...
Or at least not the ugliest, most poorly laid out online magazine in existence.

But I do register Shareware that I really like. I don't consider it
'adult' or feel self-righteous about it though, it's just a way of
paying people for their work.

Uplink is cool.

Lyle

Nina
July 15th 03, 06:17 PM
On 15 Jul 2003 12:08:58 GMT, "Wayne S. Hill" > wrote:

>David Cohen wrote:
>
>> Nina wrote
>
>>> I won't tell you about my forays into Auschwitz (aka the
>>> Riverside County Animal Shelter) lately, but it ain't
>>> pretty. I have nightmares.
>>
>> I almost never go to animal shelters anymore. Watching a
>> grown man crying tends to turn off the prospective adopters.
>
>We got Rocky from a shelter. As we were driving into the parking
>lot, we had to wait for another car to back out to get their
>space. It was Rocky's former owners. Rocky's future was
>uncertain for about 10 minutes.
>
>Although this is a no-kill shelter, many of the dogs were fated to
>live out their lives there: you'll often lose your homeowner's
>insurance if you own a pit bull, even if it's the sweetest dog in
>the world.

Yeah, that's loads of fun. I won't tell you about the
pits/rotties/etc. I apologize to every day because I can't place them.

Most of the dogs are owner turn-ins. "Oh, the vet said he needed his
teeth cleaned, I couldn't possibly do THAT." Off to the shelter! "He
got out of the yard." Off to the shelter! "He doesn't match my
curtains." Off to the shelter! A few short days later, they're put to
sleep.

And people wonder why I hate people so much.

Cheers,
Nina
delicious! evil! calorie free!
http://www.theslack.com

Nina
July 15th 03, 06:17 PM
On 15 Jul 2003 12:08:58 GMT, "Wayne S. Hill" > wrote:

>David Cohen wrote:
>
>> Nina wrote
>
>>> I won't tell you about my forays into Auschwitz (aka the
>>> Riverside County Animal Shelter) lately, but it ain't
>>> pretty. I have nightmares.
>>
>> I almost never go to animal shelters anymore. Watching a
>> grown man crying tends to turn off the prospective adopters.
>
>We got Rocky from a shelter. As we were driving into the parking
>lot, we had to wait for another car to back out to get their
>space. It was Rocky's former owners. Rocky's future was
>uncertain for about 10 minutes.
>
>Although this is a no-kill shelter, many of the dogs were fated to
>live out their lives there: you'll often lose your homeowner's
>insurance if you own a pit bull, even if it's the sweetest dog in
>the world.

Yeah, that's loads of fun. I won't tell you about the
pits/rotties/etc. I apologize to every day because I can't place them.

Most of the dogs are owner turn-ins. "Oh, the vet said he needed his
teeth cleaned, I couldn't possibly do THAT." Off to the shelter! "He
got out of the yard." Off to the shelter! "He doesn't match my
curtains." Off to the shelter! A few short days later, they're put to
sleep.

And people wonder why I hate people so much.

Cheers,
Nina
delicious! evil! calorie free!
http://www.theslack.com

Nina
July 15th 03, 06:18 PM

:

>> I don't exactly understand what the relationship is between being
>> grown up and being charitable. I'm beginning to think the two are
>> mutually exclusive.
>>

>Children have a self-centered view of the universe. Every decision is
>evaluated on how it affects them in the short term.
>
>Adults are expected to learn to constrain their behavior though an
>understanding of how it affects others. They are expected to understand they
>are a part of a network of relationships that we call society.
>
>Charity is one way this recognition may take form. Giving value (money) in
>return for value (a good online 'zine), when there are no laws forcing you to
>do so, is "grown-up" behavior.
>
>Get it?
>
> dogsbody

Except that a lot of "Adults" think the world does revolve around
them. When I was growing up, charity was something you just did,
whether it was time or money. It wasn't adult, it was just expected.

:

>> I don't exactly understand what the relationship is between being
>> grown up and being charitable. I'm beginning to think the two are
>> mutually exclusive.
>>

>Children have a self-centered view of the universe. Every decision is
>evaluated on how it affects them in the short term.
>
>Adults are expected to learn to constrain their behavior though an
>understanding of how it affects others. They are expected to understand they
>are a part of a network of relationships that we call society.
>
>Charity is one way this recognition may take form. Giving value (money) in
>return for value (a good online 'zine), when there are no laws forcing you to
>do so, is "grown-up" behavior.
>
>Get it?
>
> dogsbody

Except that a lot of "Adults" think the world does revolve around
them. When I was growing up, charity was something you just did,
whether it was time or money. It wasn't adult, it was just expected.

Cheers,
Nina
delicious! evil! calorie free!
http://www.theslack.com

Robert Dorf
July 15th 03, 06:22 PM

:

>>> I don't exactly understand what the relationship is between being
>>> grown up and being charitable. I'm beginning to think the two are
>>> mutually exclusive.
>>>

>>Children have a self-centered view of the universe. Every decision is
>>evaluated on how it affects them in the short term.
>>
>>Adults are expected to learn to constrain their behavior though an
>>understanding of how it affects others. They are expected to understand they
>>are a part of a network of relationships that we call society.
>>
>>Charity is one way this recognition may take form. Giving value (money) in
>>return for value (a good online 'zine), when there are no laws forcing you to
>>do so, is "grown-up" behavior.
>>
>>Get it?
>>
>> dogsbody
>
>Except that a lot of "Adults" think the world does revolve around
>them. When I was growing up, charity was something you just did,
>whether it was time or money. It wasn't adult, it was just expected.

It was part of being a good person. Y'know;

42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and
you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not
invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick
and in prison and you did not look after me.'
44"They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty
or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not
help you?'
45"He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for
one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'

All of that damn hippy stuff. America has moved past that now.

:

>>> I don't exactly understand what the relationship is between being
>>> grown up and being charitable. I'm beginning to think the two are
>>> mutually exclusive.
>>>

>>Children have a self-centered view of the universe. Every decision is
>>evaluated on how it affects them in the short term.
>>
>>Adults are expected to learn to constrain their behavior though an
>>understanding of how it affects others. They are expected to understand they
>>are a part of a network of relationships that we call society.
>>
>>Charity is one way this recognition may take form. Giving value (money) in
>>return for value (a good online 'zine), when there are no laws forcing you to
>>do so, is "grown-up" behavior.
>>
>>Get it?
>>
>> dogsbody
>
>Except that a lot of "Adults" think the world does revolve around
>them. When I was growing up, charity was something you just did,
>whether it was time or money. It wasn't adult, it was just expected.

It was part of being a good person. Y'know;

42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and
you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not
invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick
and in prison and you did not look after me.'
44"They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty
or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not
help you?'
45"He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for
one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'

All of that damn hippy stuff. America has moved past that now.

Lyle McDonald
July 15th 03, 06:23 PM
Keith Hobman wrote:

> In article >, Nina
> > wrote:

> > >We got Rocky from a shelter. As we were driving into the parking
> > >lot, we had to wait for another car to back out to get their
> > >space. It was Rocky's former owners. Rocky's future was
> > >uncertain for about 10 minutes.
> > >
> > >Although this is a no-kill shelter, many of the dogs were fated to
> > >live out their lives there: you'll often lose your homeowner's
> > >insurance if you own a pit bull, even if it's the sweetest dog in
> > >the world.
> >
> > Yeah, that's loads of fun. I won't tell you about the
> > pits/rotties/etc. I apologize to every day because I can't place them.
> >
> > Most of the dogs are owner turn-ins. "Oh, the vet said he needed his
> > teeth cleaned, I couldn't possibly do THAT." Off to the shelter! "He
> > got out of the yard." Off to the shelter! "He doesn't match my
> > curtains." Off to the shelter! A few short days later, they're put to
> > sleep.
> >
> > And people wonder why I hate people so much.
>
> Its a responsibility issue. But what I hate is the jerks who decide to go
> off on a holiday and can't find a dogsitter and refuse to pay a kennel.
>
> Off to the shelter.
>
> I'd like to send some of them off to the shelter.

That's awful confrontational for a Canadian...

Lyle

Lyle McDonald
July 15th 03, 06:23 PM
Keith Hobman wrote:

> In article >, Nina
> > wrote:

> > >We got Rocky from a shelter. As we were driving into the parking
> > >lot, we had to wait for another car to back out to get their
> > >space. It was Rocky's former owners. Rocky's future was
> > >uncertain for about 10 minutes.
> > >
> > >Although this is a no-kill shelter, many of the dogs were fated to
> > >live out their lives there: you'll often lose your homeowner's
> > >insurance if you own a pit bull, even if it's the sweetest dog in
> > >the world.
> >
> > Yeah, that's loads of fun. I won't tell you about the
> > pits/rotties/etc. I apologize to every day because I can't place them.
> >
> > Most of the dogs are owner turn-ins. "Oh, the vet said he needed his
> > teeth cleaned, I couldn't possibly do THAT." Off to the shelter! "He
> > got out of the yard." Off to the shelter! "He doesn't match my
> > curtains." Off to the shelter! A few short days later, they're put to
> > sleep.
> >
> > And people wonder why I hate people so much.
>
> Its a responsibility issue. But what I hate is the jerks who decide to go
> off on a holiday and can't find a dogsitter and refuse to pay a kennel.
>
> Off to the shelter.
>
> I'd like to send some of them off to the shelter.

That's awful confrontational for a Canadian...

Lyle

Robert Dorf
July 15th 03, 06:24 PM
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 11:23:09 -0500, Lyle McDonald
> wrote:

>Keith Hobman wrote:
<snip>

>> Its a responsibility issue. But what I hate is the jerks who decide to go
>> off on a holiday and can't find a dogsitter and refuse to pay a kennel.
>>
>> Off to the shelter.
>>
>> I'd like to send some of them off to the shelter.
>
>That's awful confrontational for a Canadian...

It would be a nice shelter.

Robert Dorf
July 15th 03, 06:24 PM
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 11:23:09 -0500, Lyle McDonald
> wrote:

>Keith Hobman wrote:
<snip>

>> Its a responsibility issue. But what I hate is the jerks who decide to go
>> off on a holiday and can't find a dogsitter and refuse to pay a kennel.
>>
>> Off to the shelter.
>>
>> I'd like to send some of them off to the shelter.
>
>That's awful confrontational for a Canadian...

It would be a nice shelter.

JC Der Koenig
July 15th 03, 07:54 PM
"Nina" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:24:46 GMT, dogsbody >
> wrote:
>
> >Nina > wrote in
> :
> >
> >> I don't exactly understand what the relationship is between being
> >> grown up and being charitable. I'm beginning to think the two are
> >> mutually exclusive.
> >>

> >Children have a self-centered view of the universe. Every decision is
> >evaluated on how it affects them in the short term.
> >
> >Adults are expected to learn to constrain their behavior though an
> >understanding of how it affects others. They are expected to understand
they
> >are a part of a network of relationships that we call society.
> >
> >Charity is one way this recognition may take form. Giving value (money)
in
> >return for value (a good online 'zine), when there are no laws forcing
you to
> >do so, is "grown-up" behavior.
> >
> >Get it?
> >
> > dogsbody
>
> Except that a lot of "Adults" think the world does revolve around
> them. When I was growing up, charity was something you just did,
> whether it was time or money. It wasn't adult, it was just expected.

So you're extremely old then.

JC Der Koenig
July 15th 03, 07:54 PM
"Nina" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:24:46 GMT, dogsbody >
> wrote:
>
> >Nina > wrote in
> :
> >
> >> I don't exactly understand what the relationship is between being
> >> grown up and being charitable. I'm beginning to think the two are
> >> mutually exclusive.
> >>

> >Children have a self-centered view of the universe. Every decision is
> >evaluated on how it affects them in the short term.
> >
> >Adults are expected to learn to constrain their behavior though an
> >understanding of how it affects others. They are expected to understand
they
> >are a part of a network of relationships that we call society.
> >
> >Charity is one way this recognition may take form. Giving value (money)
in
> >return for value (a good online 'zine), when there are no laws forcing
you to
> >do so, is "grown-up" behavior.
> >
> >Get it?
> >
> > dogsbody
>
> Except that a lot of "Adults" think the world does revolve around
> them. When I was growing up, charity was something you just did,
> whether it was time or money. It wasn't adult, it was just expected.

So you're extremely old then.

Wendy Marsden
July 15th 03, 09:23 PM
Nina > wrote:

> And people wonder why I hate people so much.

Although I'd hate to fall off your "people I hate" list, I have a yellow
lab who has (gasp) a spot! That makes her eugenically not appropriate for
registration and breeding. I got her for free by promising I'd spay her
and never show her. She's been through two rounds of puppy training so
far and we're starting another round in the fall. I call her my "hobbit
daughter" (half the size of the other kids with furry feet).

Wendy

Wendy Marsden
July 15th 03, 09:23 PM
Nina > wrote:

> And people wonder why I hate people so much.

Although I'd hate to fall off your "people I hate" list, I have a yellow
lab who has (gasp) a spot! That makes her eugenically not appropriate for
registration and breeding. I got her for free by promising I'd spay her
and never show her. She's been through two rounds of puppy training so
far and we're starting another round in the fall. I call her my "hobbit
daughter" (half the size of the other kids with furry feet).

Wendy

Hard Headed Woman
July 16th 03, 03:08 AM
"David Cohen" wrote in message
link.net...

> > Pit bulls ARE the sweetest dogs in the world...
>
> Demonstrably true. They are the only group of dogs that was so
> intensively selectively bred for submission to humans. Any
> human-aggressive behavior by a pit fighting dog would result in it's
> immediate death, because such behavior would lose it's owner a bunch
> of money, and they did not have a lot of money. The coal miners of the
> Staffordshire region of England created very dog aggressive, very
> people friendly, dogs. Reduce the dog aggressiveness with early
> intense socialization, and you have the single greatest companion dog
> on the planet.
>
> > that is, after my yellow lab,
> > Cherokee...
>
> Pictures, jpegs, website? Where?

I never got around to building my own site AND I sold my scanner...BUT...as
soon as I figure out how to upload pics from my video camera, I'll let ya
know! I know that software's around here SOMEwhere... =~D

> > And, to David: Snuggles and Starr are gorgeous!

Starr reminds me of Brandy, a pit I had many years ago and justifiably one
of the best dogs who ever lived!

> And Sheba? Look, she's sad, thinking you 'dissed her :(
>
> The "more puppies" link on the bottom of the page, or
> www.geocities.com/sammiesdad/dogs2.html

Tell Sheba (also one of my many cats' names!) I'm so sorry! I didn't go past
the first page, but after seeing her, you can tell her I said she's the most
adorable little black puppy I've seen in ages! Angel is cute, too...and
Kitty...and Jordan (I REALLY like Jordan)...and Zashi...AND Gunner...let's
see...did I include everyone? =~D Are they all yours, or were you doing
some babysitting?

> David
> "We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet; and amid all
> the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has
> made an alliance with us."---Maurice Maeterlinck

Go here:
http://web.wanadoo.be/weymeis.cnudde/paginas/literature/gelert.htm
and read Beth-Gelert. It's one of the saddest poems ever, especially for
dog-lovers...

-HHW-

Hard Headed Woman
July 16th 03, 03:08 AM
"David Cohen" wrote in message
link.net...

> > Pit bulls ARE the sweetest dogs in the world...
>
> Demonstrably true. They are the only group of dogs that was so
> intensively selectively bred for submission to humans. Any
> human-aggressive behavior by a pit fighting dog would result in it's
> immediate death, because such behavior would lose it's owner a bunch
> of money, and they did not have a lot of money. The coal miners of the
> Staffordshire region of England created very dog aggressive, very
> people friendly, dogs. Reduce the dog aggressiveness with early
> intense socialization, and you have the single greatest companion dog
> on the planet.
>
> > that is, after my yellow lab,
> > Cherokee...
>
> Pictures, jpegs, website? Where?

I never got around to building my own site AND I sold my scanner...BUT...as
soon as I figure out how to upload pics from my video camera, I'll let ya
know! I know that software's around here SOMEwhere... =~D

> > And, to David: Snuggles and Starr are gorgeous!

Starr reminds me of Brandy, a pit I had many years ago and justifiably one
of the best dogs who ever lived!

> And Sheba? Look, she's sad, thinking you 'dissed her :(
>
> The "more puppies" link on the bottom of the page, or
> www.geocities.com/sammiesdad/dogs2.html

Tell Sheba (also one of my many cats' names!) I'm so sorry! I didn't go past
the first page, but after seeing her, you can tell her I said she's the most
adorable little black puppy I've seen in ages! Angel is cute, too...and
Kitty...and Jordan (I REALLY like Jordan)...and Zashi...AND Gunner...let's
see...did I include everyone? =~D Are they all yours, or were you doing
some babysitting?

> David
> "We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet; and amid all
> the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has
> made an alliance with us."---Maurice Maeterlinck

Go here:
http://web.wanadoo.be/weymeis.cnudde/paginas/literature/gelert.htm
and read Beth-Gelert. It's one of the saddest poems ever, especially for
dog-lovers...

-HHW-

August Pamplona
July 16th 03, 04:20 AM
"Lyle McDonald" > wrote in message
> dogsbody wrote:
> >
> > Nina > wrote in
> > :
> >
> > > I don't exactly understand what the relationship is between being
> > > grown up and being charitable. I'm beginning to think the two are
> > > mutually exclusive.
> > >

> > Children have a self-centered view of the universe. Every decision
is
> > evaluated on how it affects them in the short term.
> >
> > Adults are expected to learn to constrain their behavior though an
> > understanding of how it affects others. They are expected to
understand they
> > are a part of a network of relationships that we call society.
> >
> > Charity is one way this recognition may take form. Giving value
(money) in
> > return for value (a good online 'zine),
>
> Maybe when Dolfzine becomes good...
> Or at least not the ugliest, most poorly laid out online magazine in
existence.

It's much better than it was. At least it doesn't have that useless
Flash stuff that literally served no useful purpose other than slowing
everything down (like it used to).

August pamplona
--
"No, jew. Your jew opinion doesn't matter no matter what, jew. Your
writings deserve no comprehension, merely scorn, jew. You are jew."

a.a. # 1811 apatriot #20
To email replace 'necatoramericanusancylostomaduodenale' with
'cosmicaug'

> But I do register Shareware that I really like. I don't consider it
> 'adult' or feel self-righteous about it though, it's just a way of
> paying people for their work.
>
> Uplink is cool.
>
> Lyle

August Pamplona
July 16th 03, 04:20 AM
"Lyle McDonald" > wrote in message
> dogsbody wrote:
> >
> > Nina > wrote in
> > :
> >
> > > I don't exactly understand what the relationship is between being
> > > grown up and being charitable. I'm beginning to think the two are
> > > mutually exclusive.
> > >

> > Children have a self-centered view of the universe. Every decision
is
> > evaluated on how it affects them in the short term.
> >
> > Adults are expected to learn to constrain their behavior though an
> > understanding of how it affects others. They are expected to
understand they
> > are a part of a network of relationships that we call society.
> >
> > Charity is one way this recognition may take form. Giving value
(money) in
> > return for value (a good online 'zine),
>
> Maybe when Dolfzine becomes good...
> Or at least not the ugliest, most poorly laid out online magazine in
existence.

It's much better than it was. At least it doesn't have that useless
Flash stuff that literally served no useful purpose other than slowing
everything down (like it used to).

August pamplona
--
"No, jew. Your jew opinion doesn't matter no matter what, jew. Your
writings deserve no comprehension, merely scorn, jew. You are jew."
-Lysis on m.f.w.

a.a. # 1811 apatriot #20
To email replace 'necatoramericanusancylostomaduodenale' with
'cosmicaug'

> But I do register Shareware that I really like. I don't consider it
> 'adult' or feel self-righteous about it though, it's just a way of
> paying people for their work.
>
> Uplink is cool.
>
> Lyle

Nina
July 16th 03, 08:52 AM

:

>> Except that a lot of "Adults" think the world does revolve around
>> them. When I was growing up, charity was something you just did,
>> whether it was time or money. It wasn't adult, it was just expected.
>>

>And that's the difference between age and maturity.
>
> dogsbody

So it has zero to do with being "grown-up."

:

>> Except that a lot of "Adults" think the world does revolve around
>> them. When I was growing up, charity was something you just did,
>> whether it was time or money. It wasn't adult, it was just expected.
>>

>And that's the difference between age and maturity.
>
> dogsbody

So it has zero to do with being "grown-up."

Cheers,
Nina
delicious! evil! calorie free!
http://www.theslack.com

Nina
July 16th 03, 08:53 AM
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 17:54:25 GMT, "JC Der Koenig"
> wrote:

>"Nina" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:24:46 GMT, dogsbody >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Nina > wrote in
>> :

>> >Children have a self-centered view of the universe. Every decision is
>> >evaluated on how it affects them in the short term.
>> >
>> >Adults are expected to learn to constrain their behavior though an
>> >understanding of how it affects others. They are expected to understand
>they
>> >are a part of a network of relationships that we call society.
>> >
>> >Charity is one way this recognition may take form. Giving value (money)
>in
>> >return for value (a good online 'zine), when there are no laws forcing
>you to
>> >do so, is "grown-up" behavior.
>> >
>> >Get it?
>> >
>> > dogsbody
>>
>> Except that a lot of "Adults" think the world does revolve around
>> them. When I was growing up, charity was something you just did,
>> whether it was time or money. It wasn't adult, it was just expected.
>>

>So you're extremely old then.

Nah, I'm just an adult.

Cheers,
Nina
Thank you, my dear satellite!

delicious! evil! calorie free!
http://www.theslack.com

Nina
July 16th 03, 08:53 AM
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 17:54:25 GMT, "JC Der Koenig"
> wrote:

>"Nina" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:24:46 GMT, dogsbody >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Nina > wrote in
>> :

>> >Children have a self-centered view of the universe. Every decision is
>> >evaluated on how it affects them in the short term.
>> >
>> >Adults are expected to learn to constrain their behavior though an
>> >understanding of how it affects others. They are expected to understand
>they
>> >are a part of a network of relationships that we call society.
>> >
>> >Charity is one way this recognition may take form. Giving value (money)
>in
>> >return for value (a good online 'zine), when there are no laws forcing
>you to
>> >do so, is "grown-up" behavior.
>> >
>> >Get it?
>> >
>> > dogsbody
>>
>> Except that a lot of "Adults" think the world does revolve around
>> them. When I was growing up, charity was something you just did,
>> whether it was time or money. It wasn't adult, it was just expected.
>>

>So you're extremely old then.

Nah, I'm just an adult.

Cheers,
Nina
Thank you, my dear satellite!

delicious! evil! calorie free!
http://www.theslack.com

Nina
July 16th 03, 08:55 AM
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 19:23:00 GMT, Wendy Marsden
> wrote:

>Nina > wrote:
>
>> And people wonder why I hate people so much.
>
>Although I'd hate to fall off your "people I hate" list, I have a yellow
>lab who has (gasp) a spot! That makes her eugenically not appropriate for
>registration and breeding. I got her for free by promising I'd spay her
>and never show her. She's been through two rounds of puppy training so
>far and we're starting another round in the fall. I call her my "hobbit
>daughter" (half the size of the other kids with furry feet).
>
>Wendy

So you got the dog from a breeder, then? No shelter, no love. Sorry.

Cheers,
Nina
delicious! evil! calorie free!
http://www.theslack.com

Nina
July 16th 03, 08:55 AM
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 19:23:00 GMT, Wendy Marsden
> wrote:

>Nina > wrote:
>
>> And people wonder why I hate people so much.
>
>Although I'd hate to fall off your "people I hate" list, I have a yellow
>lab who has (gasp) a spot! That makes her eugenically not appropriate for
>registration and breeding. I got her for free by promising I'd spay her
>and never show her. She's been through two rounds of puppy training so
>far and we're starting another round in the fall. I call her my "hobbit
>daughter" (half the size of the other kids with furry feet).
>
>Wendy

So you got the dog from a breeder, then? No shelter, no love. Sorry.

Cheers,
Nina
delicious! evil! calorie free!
http://www.theslack.com

David Cohen
July 16th 03, 03:04 PM
"Hard Headed Woman" > wrote
> "David Cohen" wrote
>
> > > Pit bulls ARE the sweetest dogs in the world...
> >
> > Demonstrably true. They are the only group of dogs that was so
> > intensively selectively bred for submission to humans. Any
> > human-aggressive behavior by a pit fighting dog would result in
it's
> > immediate death, because such behavior would lose it's owner a
bunch
> > of money, and they did not have a lot of money. The coal miners of
the
> > Staffordshire region of England created very dog aggressive, very
> > people friendly, dogs. Reduce the dog aggressiveness with early
> > intense socialization, and you have the single greatest companion
dog
> > on the planet.
> >
> > > that is, after my yellow lab,
> > > Cherokee...
> >
> > Pictures, jpegs, website? Where?
>
> I never got around to building my own site AND I sold my
scanner...BUT...as
> soon as I figure out how to upload pics from my video camera, I'll
let ya
> know! I know that software's around here SOMEwhere... =~D
>
> > > And, to David: Snuggles and Starr are gorgeous!
>
> Starr reminds me of Brandy, a pit I had many years ago and
justifiably one
> of the best dogs who ever lived!

Few people know that the record for the most titles in more different
areas of dog sports and dog jobs belongs to a Pit Bull (Ch. Bandog
Dread). Or that few breeds can provide certifiable pedigrees going
back as far as Pit Bulls (in the case of John Colby's line, well over
100 years back).

> > And Sheba? Look, she's sad, thinking you 'dissed her :(
> >
> > The "more puppies" link on the bottom of the page, or
> > www.geocities.com/sammiesdad/dogs2.html
>
> Tell Sheba (also one of my many cats' names!) I'm so sorry! I didn't
go past
> the first page, but after seeing her, you can tell her I said she's
the most
> adorable little black puppy I've seen in ages! Angel is cute,
too...and
> Kitty...and Jordan (I REALLY like Jordan)

Me, too. Jordan is now about 120 pounds, and her 90 pound owner now
also has Sumo, an English Mastiff, the largest puppy I have ever seen.
At 9 months, he already dwarfs Jordan, and Lisa will be lucky if Sumo
stops before he exceeds 200 pounds (he had huge parents).

> ...and Zashi...AND Gunner...let's
> see...did I include everyone? =~D Are they all yours, or were you
doing
> some babysitting?

Sheba is "mine", although she sees Theresa as her grandmother (since
Snuggles is her adopted mom). Snuggles is partly mine, and Starr is
Theresa's, although I helped raise her, and she is probably the most
closely bonded to me. We rehomed Kitty to a large family with acreage
in Colorado. The others were either other family members' dogs, or
friends' dogs.

> > David
> > "We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet; and amid
all
> > the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog,
has
> > made an alliance with us."---Maurice Maeterlinck
>
> Go here:
> http://web.wanadoo.be/weymeis.cnudde/paginas/literature/gelert.htm
> and read Beth-Gelert. It's one of the saddest poems ever,
especially for
> dog-lovers...

No. I don't like sad dog stuff. I stopped watching Emergency Vets on
Animal Planet. I only wanted to see the ones that survived.

> [...]

closely bonded to me. We rehomed Kitty to a large family with acreage
in Colorado. The others were either other family members' dogs, or
friends' dogs.

> > David
> > "We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet; and amid
all
> > the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog,
has
> > made an alliance with us."---Maurice Maeterlinck
>
> Go here:
> http://web.wanadoo.be/weymeis.cnudde/paginas/literature/gelert.htm
> and read Beth-Gelert. It's one of the saddest poems ever,
especially for
> dog-lovers...

No. I don't like sad dog stuff. I stopped watching Emergency Vets on
Animal Planet. I only wanted to see the ones that survived.

July 16th 03, 05:21 PM
Nina > wrote:
> So you got the dog from a breeder, then? No shelter, no love. Sorry.

But it was a really BAD breeder. Puppy mill at Christmas.

I can do without the lovin', but how 'bout just a friendly hug?

Wendy

Wendy Marsden
July 16th 03, 05:21 PM
Nina > wrote:
> So you got the dog from a breeder, then? No shelter, no love. Sorry.

But it was a really BAD breeder. Puppy mill at Christmas.

I can do without the lovin', but how 'bout just a friendly hug?

Wendy

Sarah Jane
July 16th 03, 05:29 PM
"Nina" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 19:23:00 GMT, Wendy Marsden
> > wrote:
>
> >Nina > wrote:
> >
> >> And people wonder why I hate people so much.
> >
> >Although I'd hate to fall off your "people I hate" list, I have a yellow
> >lab who has (gasp) a spot! That makes her eugenically not appropriate
for
> >registration and breeding. I got her for free by promising I'd spay her
> >and never show her. She's been through two rounds of puppy training so
> >far and we're starting another round in the fall. I call her my "hobbit
> >daughter" (half the size of the other kids with furry feet).
> >
> >Wendy
>
> So you got the dog from a breeder, then? No shelter, no love. Sorry.

How about if you snag a pup before she goes to the shelter? All of Lola's
littermates went to a shelter, and if I hadn't claimed her she would have
gone too.

> Cheers,
> Nina
> delicious! evil! calorie free!
> http://www.theslack.com

Sarah Jane
July 16th 03, 05:29 PM
"Nina" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 19:23:00 GMT, Wendy Marsden
> > wrote:
>
> >Nina > wrote:
> >
> >> And people wonder why I hate people so much.
> >
> >Although I'd hate to fall off your "people I hate" list, I have a yellow
> >lab who has (gasp) a spot! That makes her eugenically not appropriate
for
> >registration and breeding. I got her for free by promising I'd spay her
> >and never show her. She's been through two rounds of puppy training so
> >far and we're starting another round in the fall. I call her my "hobbit
> >daughter" (half the size of the other kids with furry feet).
> >
> >Wendy
>
> So you got the dog from a breeder, then? No shelter, no love. Sorry.

How about if you snag a pup before she goes to the shelter? All of Lola's
littermates went to a shelter, and if I hadn't claimed her she would have
gone too.

> Cheers,
> Nina
> delicious! evil! calorie free!
> http://www.theslack.com

Nina
July 16th 03, 06:29 PM
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:21:49 GMT, Wendy Marsden
> wrote:

>Nina > wrote:
>> So you got the dog from a breeder, then? No shelter, no love. Sorry.
>
>But it was a really BAD breeder. Puppy mill at Christmas.

I could go into a whole "if people stopped buying from bad breeders,
they'd stop breeding" thing.

>I can do without the lovin', but how 'bout just a friendly hug?

Sorry, I gotta run a couple of dogs 90 miles north. Another time.

Cheers,
Nina
We won't be running, we'll be driving. Well, I'll be driving. You
get it.
delicious! evil! calorie free!
http://www.theslack.com

Nina
July 16th 03, 06:29 PM
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:21:49 GMT, Wendy Marsden
> wrote:

>Nina > wrote:
>> So you got the dog from a breeder, then? No shelter, no love. Sorry.
>
>But it was a really BAD breeder. Puppy mill at Christmas.

I could go into a whole "if people stopped buying from bad breeders,
they'd stop breeding" thing.

>I can do without the lovin', but how 'bout just a friendly hug?

Sorry, I gotta run a couple of dogs 90 miles north. Another time.

Cheers,
Nina
We won't be running, we'll be driving. Well, I'll be driving. You
get it.
delicious! evil! calorie free!
http://www.theslack.com

Nina
July 16th 03, 06:32 PM
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:29:08 -0500, "Sarah Jane"
> wrote:

>"Nina" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 19:23:00 GMT, Wendy Marsden
>> > wrote:

>> >Although I'd hate to fall off your "people I hate" list, I have a yellow
>> >lab who has (gasp) a spot! That makes her eugenically not appropriate
>for
>> >registration and breeding. I got her for free by promising I'd spay her
>> >and never show her. She's been through two rounds of puppy training so
>> >far and we're starting another round in the fall. I call her my "hobbit
>> >daughter" (half the size of the other kids with furry feet).
>> >
>> >Wendy
>>
>> So you got the dog from a breeder, then? No shelter, no love. Sorry.
>
>How about if you snag a pup before she goes to the shelter? All of Lola's
>littermates went to a shelter, and if I hadn't claimed her she would have
>gone too.

I would personally prefer everyone to get their dogs from the shelter,
but it's selfish, because *I* don't like going into the shelter to see
all of the dogs I can't find homes for.

Cheers,
Nina
delicious! evil! calorie free!
http://www.theslack.com

Nina
July 16th 03, 06:32 PM
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:29:08 -0500, "Sarah Jane"
> wrote:

>"Nina" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 19:23:00 GMT, Wendy Marsden
>> > wrote:

>> >Although I'd hate to fall off your "people I hate" list, I have a yellow
>> >lab who has (gasp) a spot! That makes her eugenically not appropriate
>for
>> >registration and breeding. I got her for free by promising I'd spay her
>> >and never show her. She's been through two rounds of puppy training so
>> >far and we're starting another round in the fall. I call her my "hobbit
>> >daughter" (half the size of the other kids with furry feet).
>> >
>> >Wendy
>>
>> So you got the dog from a breeder, then? No shelter, no love. Sorry.
>
>How about if you snag a pup before she goes to the shelter? All of Lola's
>littermates went to a shelter, and if I hadn't claimed her she would have
>gone too.

I would personally prefer everyone to get their dogs from the shelter,
but it's selfish, because *I* don't like going into the shelter to see
all of the dogs I can't find homes for.

Cheers,
Nina
delicious! evil! calorie free!
http://www.theslack.com

Wendy Marsden
July 16th 03, 08:32 PM
Nina > wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:21:49 GMT, Wendy Marsden wrote:
>>
>>But it was a really BAD breeder. Puppy mill at Christmas.

> I could go into a whole "if people stopped buying from bad breeders,
> they'd stop breeding" thing.

Well, duh, but let me point out that they got zero bucks from me and had
to pay to feed and immunize the pup they gave me, so I guess I was doing
my part to put them out of business!

Wendy

Wendy Marsden
July 16th 03, 08:32 PM
Nina > wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:21:49 GMT, Wendy Marsden wrote:
>>
>>But it was a really BAD breeder. Puppy mill at Christmas.

> I could go into a whole "if people stopped buying from bad breeders,
> they'd stop breeding" thing.

Well, duh, but let me point out that they got zero bucks from me and had
to pay to feed and immunize the pup they gave me, so I guess I was doing
my part to put them out of business!

Wendy

Nina
July 17th 03, 05:41 AM
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:32:44 GMT, Wendy Marsden
> wrote:

>Nina > wrote:
>> On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:21:49 GMT, Wendy Marsden wrote:
>>>
>>>But it was a really BAD breeder. Puppy mill at Christmas.
>
>> I could go into a whole "if people stopped buying from bad breeders,
>> they'd stop breeding" thing.
>
>Well, duh, but let me point out that they got zero bucks from me and had
>to pay to feed and immunize the pup they gave me, so I guess I was doing
>my part to put them out of business!
>
>Wendy

Hey, it's your dog, you love him/her, that's great.

But FYI, if someone's there to take the dogs, breeders willl make
more dogs. 'Cause over time, they make money. And some dogs get
given away for free, some pay through the nose, and the rest go to the
shelter. Then there's the people who have either paid or not paid,
and still bring 'em to the shelter. Same goes for pet stores.

Unless one requires a Shiba Inu or a French Bulldog, most breeds can
be found...at the shelter. I've found beagles, chihuhuas, jack
russells, a border terrier, shzizu (sp?), llhasas, poodles, shar peis,
chows, keeshounds, labs, goldens, german shepards, cocker spaniels,
springer spaniels, basset hounds, shelties not to mention pits and
rotties galore. And that's in the past two weeks.

Cheers,
Nina

delicious! evil! calorie free!
http://www.theslack.com

Nina
July 17th 03, 05:41 AM
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:32:44 GMT, Wendy Marsden
> wrote:

>Nina > wrote:
>> On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:21:49 GMT, Wendy Marsden wrote:
>>>
>>>But it was a really BAD breeder. Puppy mill at Christmas.
>
>> I could go into a whole "if people stopped buying from bad breeders,
>> they'd stop breeding" thing.
>
>Well, duh, but let me point out that they got zero bucks from me and had
>to pay to feed and immunize the pup they gave me, so I guess I was doing
>my part to put them out of business!
>
>Wendy

Hey, it's your dog, you love him/her, that's great.

But FYI, if someone's there to take the dogs, breeders willl make
more dogs. 'Cause over time, they make money. And some dogs get
given away for free, some pay through the nose, and the rest go to the
shelter. Then there's the people who have either paid or not paid,
and still bring 'em to the shelter. Same goes for pet stores.

Unless one requires a Shiba Inu or a French Bulldog, most breeds can
be found...at the shelter. I've found beagles, chihuhuas, jack
russells, a border terrier, shzizu (sp?), llhasas, poodles, shar peis,
chows, keeshounds, labs, goldens, german shepards, cocker spaniels,
springer spaniels, basset hounds, shelties not to mention pits and
rotties galore. And that's in the past two weeks.

Cheers,
Nina

delicious! evil! calorie free!
http://www.theslack.com

JC Der Koenig
July 17th 03, 06:00 AM
"Nina" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:32:44 GMT, Wendy Marsden
> > wrote:
>
> >Nina > wrote:

> >> I could go into a whole "if people stopped buying from bad breeders,
> >> they'd stop breeding" thing.
> >
> >Well, duh, but let me point out that they got zero bucks from me and had
> >to pay to feed and immunize the pup they gave me, so I guess I was doing
> >my part to put them out of business!
> >
> >Wendy
>
> Hey, it's your dog, you love him/her, that's great.
>
> But FYI, if someone's there to take the dogs, breeders willl make
> more dogs. 'Cause over time, they make money. And some dogs get
> given away for free, some pay through the nose, and the rest go to the
> shelter. Then there's the people who have either paid or not paid,
> and still bring 'em to the shelter. Same goes for pet stores.
>
> Unless one requires a Shiba Inu or a French Bulldog, most breeds can
> be found...at the shelter. I've found beagles, chihuhuas, jack
> russells, a border terrier, shzizu (sp?), llhasas, poodles, shar peis,
> chows, keeshounds, labs, goldens, german shepards, cocker spaniels,
> springer spaniels, basset hounds, shelties not to mention pits and
> rotties galore. And that's in the past two weeks.
>

> Cheers,
> Nina
>
> delicious! evil! calorie free!
> http://www.theslack.com

Let me know if you come across a Dogue De Bordeaux, or Fila Brasiliera.

JC Der Koenig
July 17th 03, 06:00 AM
"Nina" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:32:44 GMT, Wendy Marsden
> > wrote:
>
> >Nina > wrote:

> >> I could go into a whole "if people stopped buying from bad breeders,
> >> they'd stop breeding" thing.
> >
> >Well, duh, but let me point out that they got zero bucks from me and had
> >to pay to feed and immunize the pup they gave me, so I guess I was doing
> >my part to put them out of business!
> >
> >Wendy
>
> Hey, it's your dog, you love him/her, that's great.
>
> But FYI, if someone's there to take the dogs, breeders willl make
> more dogs. 'Cause over time, they make money. And some dogs get
> given away for free, some pay through the nose, and the rest go to the
> shelter. Then there's the people who have either paid or not paid,
> and still bring 'em to the shelter. Same goes for pet stores.
>
> Unless one requires a Shiba Inu or a French Bulldog, most breeds can
> be found...at the shelter. I've found beagles, chihuhuas, jack
> russells, a border terrier, shzizu (sp?), llhasas, poodles, shar peis,
> chows, keeshounds, labs, goldens, german shepards, cocker spaniels,
> springer spaniels, basset hounds, shelties not to mention pits and
> rotties galore. And that's in the past two weeks.
>

> Cheers,
> Nina
>
> delicious! evil! calorie free!
> http://www.theslack.com

Let me know if you come across a Dogue De Bordeaux, or Fila Brasiliera.

Hard Headed Woman
July 17th 03, 06:13 AM
"Nina" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:32:44 GMT, Wendy Marsden
> > wrote:
>
> >Nina > wrote:

> >> I could go into a whole "if people stopped buying from bad breeders,
> >> they'd stop breeding" thing.
> >
> >Well, duh, but let me point out that they got zero bucks from me and had
> >to pay to feed and immunize the pup they gave me, so I guess I was doing
> >my part to put them out of business!
> >
> >Wendy
>
> Hey, it's your dog, you love him/her, that's great.
>
> But FYI, if someone's there to take the dogs, breeders willl make
> more dogs. 'Cause over time, they make money. And some dogs get
> given away for free, some pay through the nose, and the rest go to the
> shelter. Then there's the people who have either paid or not paid,
> and still bring 'em to the shelter. Same goes for pet stores.
>
> Unless one requires a Shiba Inu or a French Bulldog, most breeds can
> be found...at the shelter. I've found beagles, chihuhuas, jack
> russells, a border terrier, shzizu (sp?), llhasas, poodles, shar peis,
> chows, keeshounds, labs, goldens, german shepards, cocker spaniels,
> springer spaniels, basset hounds, shelties not to mention pits and
> rotties galore. And that's in the past two weeks.

I'm all for getting your animals at the shelter, or off the street, but I
can understand certain reasons for buying a puppy (not a cat, though). My
husband and I once adopted a BEAUTIFUL one year old chocolate Lab. I wanted
him because he was sweet and gorgeous, but my husband wanted him for
hunting. Unfortunately, Bailey (the name he came with) would retrieve for
me all day long, but my husband couldn't get him to fetch a steak!
Okay...that's a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the point. It wasn't
just my husband, either. Bailey wouldn't retrieve for any men at all...not
even my son. Needless to say, my husband wasn't very happy. We kept Bailey
(he was still a wonderful dog), but ended up buying a yellow Lab (the
aforementioned sweetest dog in the world, Cherokee) so that my husband could
have his hunting dog. Anyway, I STILL encourage people to get their animals
from the shelter, but it is important to realize that sometimes the dog or
cat you bring home could have issues that you know nothing about, and
sometimes can't change...

-HHW-

Hard Headed Woman
July 17th 03, 06:13 AM

just my husband, either. Bailey wouldn't retrieve for any men at all...not
even my son. Needless to say, my husband wasn't very happy. We kept Bailey
(he was still a wonderful dog), but ended up buying a yellow Lab (the
aforementioned sweetest dog in the world, Cherokee) so that my husband could
have his hunting dog. Anyway, I STILL encourage people to get their animals
from the shelter, but it is important to realize that sometimes the dog or
cat you bring home could have issues that you know nothing about, and
sometimes can't change...

-HHW-

Nina
July 17th 03, 06:32 AM
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 21:13:32 -0700, "Hard Headed Woman"
> wrote:

>"Nina" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:32:44 GMT, Wendy Marsden
>> > wrote:

>> >Well, duh, but let me point out that they got zero bucks from me and had
>> >to pay to feed and immunize the pup they gave me, so I guess I was doing
>> >my part to put them out of business!
>> >
>> >Wendy
>>
>> Hey, it's your dog, you love him/her, that's great.
>>
>> But FYI, if someone's there to take the dogs, breeders willl make
>> more dogs. 'Cause over time, they make money. And some dogs get
>> given away for free, some pay through the nose, and the rest go to the
>> shelter. Then there's the people who have either paid or not paid,
>> and still bring 'em to the shelter. Same goes for pet stores.
>>
>> Unless one requires a Shiba Inu or a French Bulldog, most breeds can
>> be found...at the shelter. I've found beagles, chihuhuas, jack
>> russells, a border terrier, shzizu (sp?), llhasas, poodles, shar peis,
>> chows, keeshounds, labs, goldens, german shepards, cocker spaniels,
>> springer spaniels, basset hounds, shelties not to mention pits and
>> rotties galore. And that's in the past two weeks.
>

>I'm all for getting your animals at the shelter, or off the street, but I
>can understand certain reasons for buying a puppy (not a cat, though). My
>husband and I once adopted a BEAUTIFUL one year old chocolate Lab. I wanted
>him because he was sweet and gorgeous, but my husband wanted him for
>hunting. Unfortunately, Bailey (the name he came with) would retrieve for
>me all day long, but my husband couldn't get him to fetch a steak!
>Okay...that's a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the point. It wasn't
>just my husband, either. Bailey wouldn't retrieve for any men at all...not
>even my son. Needless to say, my husband wasn't very happy. We kept Bailey
>(he was still a wonderful dog), but ended up buying a yellow Lab (the
>aforementioned sweetest dog in the world, Cherokee) so that my husband could
>have his hunting dog. Anyway, I STILL encourage people to get their animals
>from the shelter, but it is important to realize that sometimes the dog or
>cat you bring home could have issues that you know nothing about, and
>sometimes can't change...

You weren't looking for a companion, you were looking for a working
dog. To expect a dog to come out of the shelter (or come to you as a
puppy)and be able to automatically assume the role of a working dog is
not really a reasonable expectation. n=1 is not exactly a
representative example.

And BTW, most puppy mills are despicable, so you can rest assured that
your animals are coming from a terrible place. So true, you do know
the dog's background.

In the ten years that I've been doing dog stuff, I've encountered
maybe twenty dogs that were problem dogs, extremely difficult and
should not be placed with the average dog owner. Most of those dogs
end up with volunteers. That's twenty dogs out of thousands. And I'm
talking about thousands placed, not the thousands that were put down
in the meantime, who were perfectly sweet and decent pets.

Anyway, I'm sick of this topic. Get your dogs from wherever you want.

> [...]

dog. To expect a dog to come out of the shelter (or come to you as a
puppy)and be able to automatically assume the role of a working dog is
not really a reasonable expectation. n=1 is not exactly a
representative example.

And BTW, most puppy mills are despicable, so you can rest assured that
your animals are coming from a terrible place. So true, you do know
the dog's background.

In the ten years that I've been doing dog stuff, I've encountered
maybe twenty dogs that were problem dogs, extremely difficult and
should not be placed with the average dog owner. Most of those dogs
end up with volunteers. That's twenty dogs out of thousands. And I'm
talking about thousands placed, not the thousands that were put down
in the meantime, who were perfectly sweet and decent pets.

Anyway, I'm sick of this topic. Get your dogs from wherever you want.

July 17th 03, 07:06 AM
"Nina" > wrote in message

> >I'm all for getting your animals at the shelter, or off the street, but I
> >can understand certain reasons for buying a puppy (not a cat, though).
My
> >husband and I once adopted a BEAUTIFUL one year old chocolate Lab. I
wanted
> >him because he was sweet and gorgeous, but my husband wanted him for
> >hunting. Unfortunately, Bailey (the name he came with) would retrieve
for
> >me all day long, but my husband couldn't get him to fetch a steak!
> >Okay...that's a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the point. It wasn't
> >just my husband, either. Bailey wouldn't retrieve for any men at
all...not
> >even my son. Needless to say, my husband wasn't very happy. We kept
Bailey
> >(he was still a wonderful dog), but ended up buying a yellow Lab (the
> >aforementioned sweetest dog in the world, Cherokee) so that my husband
could
> >have his hunting dog. Anyway, I STILL encourage people to get their
animals
> >from the shelter, but it is important to realize that sometimes the dog
or
> >cat you bring home could have issues that you know nothing about, and
> >sometimes can't change...
>
> You weren't looking for a companion, you were looking for a working
> dog. To expect a dog to come out of the shelter (or come to you as a
> puppy)and be able to automatically assume the role of a working dog is
> not really a reasonable expectation.

I never expected any such thing. Cherokee became the dog that he is through
lots of training and hard work. The same effort was put into Bailey, but
for some reason, there is a wall between Bailey and human males, and it will
not come down. End of story.
For the record, I share your passion for helping animals that are neglected
and mistreated by humans. My mother *lives and works* on a wildlife refuge,
where I volunteer as often as possible, and she raised me to honor and
respect *all* animals, not just dogs. In all actuality, I like animals more
than I do people. I always have. Regardless, I was just pointing out that
there *are* legitamate reasons for buying rather than adopting, though those
reasons are few and far between.

-HHW-

Hard Headed Woman
July 17th 03, 07:06 AM
"Nina" > wrote in message

> >I'm all for getting your animals at the shelter, or off the street, but I
> >can understand certain reasons for buying a puppy (not a cat, though).
My
> >husband and I once adopted a BEAUTIFUL one year old chocolate Lab. I
wanted
> >him because he was sweet and gorgeous, but my husband wanted him for
> >hunting. Unfortunately, Bailey (the name he came with) would retrieve
for
> >me all day long, but my husband couldn't get him to fetch a steak!
> >Okay...that's a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the point. It wasn't
> >just my husband, either. Bailey wouldn't retrieve for any men at
all...not
> >even my son. Needless to say, my husband wasn't very happy. We kept
Bailey
> >(he was still a wonderful dog), but ended up buying a yellow Lab (the
> >aforementioned sweetest dog in the world, Cherokee) so that my husband
could
> >have his hunting dog. Anyway, I STILL encourage people to get their
animals
> >from the shelter, but it is important to realize that sometimes the dog
or
> >cat you bring home could have issues that you know nothing about, and
> >sometimes can't change...
>
> You weren't looking for a companion, you were looking for a working
> dog. To expect a dog to come out of the shelter (or come to you as a
> puppy)and be able to automatically assume the role of a working dog is
> not really a reasonable expectation.

I never expected any such thing. Cherokee became the dog that he is through
lots of training and hard work. The same effort was put into Bailey, but
for some reason, there is a wall between Bailey and human males, and it will
not come down. End of story.
For the record, I share your passion for helping animals that are neglected
and mistreated by humans. My mother *lives and works* on a wildlife refuge,
where I volunteer as often as possible, and she raised me to honor and
respect *all* animals, not just dogs. In all actuality, I like animals more
than I do people. I always have. Regardless, I was just pointing out that
there *are* legitamate reasons for buying rather than adopting, though those
reasons are few and far between.

-HHW-

David Cohen
July 17th 03, 05:32 PM
"JC Der Koenig" > wrote in message

> "Nina" > wrote in message
> > On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:32:44 GMT, Wendy Marsden
> > > wrote:

> > >Well, duh, but let me point out that they got zero bucks from me
and had
> > >to pay to feed and immunize the pup they gave me, so I guess I
was doing
> > >my part to put them out of business!
> > >
> > >Wendy
> >
> > Hey, it's your dog, you love him/her, that's great.
> >
> > But FYI, if someone's there to take the dogs, breeders willl make
> > more dogs. 'Cause over time, they make money. And some dogs get
> > given away for free, some pay through the nose, and the rest go to
the
> > shelter. Then there's the people who have either paid or not
paid,
> > and still bring 'em to the shelter. Same goes for pet stores.
> >
> > Unless one requires a Shiba Inu or a French Bulldog, most breeds
can
> > be found...at the shelter. I've found beagles, chihuhuas, jack
> > russells, a border terrier, shzizu (sp?), llhasas, poodles, shar
peis,
> > chows, keeshounds, labs, goldens, german shepards, cocker
spaniels,
> > springer spaniels, basset hounds, shelties not to mention pits and
> > rotties galore. And that's in the past two weeks.
> >

> > Cheers,
> > Nina
> >
> > delicious! evil! calorie free!
> > http://www.theslack.com
>
> Let me know if you come across a Dogue De Bordeaux, or Fila
Brasiliera.

DUDE! Will you marry me?

Oh, wait, I think I'd rather marry my current honey, Theresa, but with
your taste in dogs, you'd be second :)

David

David Cohen
July 17th 03, 05:32 PM
"JC Der Koenig" > wrote in message

> "Nina" > wrote in message
> > On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:32:44 GMT, Wendy Marsden
> > > wrote:

> > >Well, duh, but let me point out that they got zero bucks from me
and had
> > >to pay to feed and immunize the pup they gave me, so I guess I
was doing
> > >my part to put them out of business!
> > >
> > >Wendy
> >
> > Hey, it's your dog, you love him/her, that's great.
> >
> > But FYI, if someone's there to take the dogs, breeders willl make
> > more dogs. 'Cause over time, they make money. And some dogs get
> > given away for free, some pay through the nose, and the rest go to
the
> > shelter. Then there's the people who have either paid or not
paid,
> > and still bring 'em to the shelter. Same goes for pet stores.
> >
> > Unless one requires a Shiba Inu or a French Bulldog, most breeds
can
> > be found...at the shelter. I've found beagles, chihuhuas, jack
> > russells, a border terrier, shzizu (sp?), llhasas, poodles, shar
peis,
> > chows, keeshounds, labs, goldens, german shepards, cocker
spaniels,
> > springer spaniels, basset hounds, shelties not to mention pits and
> > rotties galore. And that's in the past two weeks.
> >

> > Cheers,
> > Nina
> >
> > delicious! evil! calorie free!
> > http://www.theslack.com
>
> Let me know if you come across a Dogue De Bordeaux, or Fila
Brasiliera.

DUDE! Will you marry me?

Oh, wait, I think I'd rather marry my current honey, Theresa, but with
your taste in dogs, you'd be second :)

David

David Cohen
July 17th 03, 05:36 PM
"Nina" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:32:44 GMT, Wendy Marsden
> > wrote:
>
> >Nina > wrote:

> >> I could go into a whole "if people stopped buying from bad
breeders,
> >> they'd stop breeding" thing.
> >
> >Well, duh, but let me point out that they got zero bucks from me
and had
> >to pay to feed and immunize the pup they gave me, so I guess I was
doing
> >my part to put them out of business!
> >
> >Wendy
>
> Hey, it's your dog, you love him/her, that's great.
>
> But FYI, if someone's there to take the dogs, breeders willl make
> more dogs. 'Cause over time, they make money. And some dogs get
> given away for free, some pay through the nose, and the rest go to
the
> shelter. Then there's the people who have either paid or not paid,
> and still bring 'em to the shelter. Same goes for pet stores.
>
> Unless one requires a Shiba Inu or a French Bulldog, most breeds can
> be found...at the shelter. I've found beagles, chihuhuas, jack
> russells, a border terrier, shzizu (sp?), llhasas, poodles, shar
peis,
> chows, keeshounds, labs, goldens, german shepards, cocker spaniels,
> springer spaniels, basset hounds, shelties not to mention pits and
> rotties galore. And that's in the past two weeks.

Springtime's even better (or worse, depending on your point of view).
All the Christmas gift pure bred puppies are reaching the age where
the owners are realizing that little cute puppies get big and hard to
handle, so, off to the shelter.

David

David Cohen
July 17th 03, 05:36 PM
"Nina" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:32:44 GMT, Wendy Marsden
> > wrote:
>
> >Nina > wrote:

> >> I could go into a whole "if people stopped buying from bad
breeders,
> >> they'd stop breeding" thing.
> >
> >Well, duh, but let me point out that they got zero bucks from me
and had
> >to pay to feed and immunize the pup they gave me, so I guess I was
doing
> >my part to put them out of business!
> >
> >Wendy
>
> Hey, it's your dog, you love him/her, that's great.
>
> But FYI, if someone's there to take the dogs, breeders willl make
> more dogs. 'Cause over time, they make money. And some dogs get
> given away for free, some pay through the nose, and the rest go to
the
> shelter. Then there's the people who have either paid or not paid,
> and still bring 'em to the shelter. Same goes for pet stores.
>
> Unless one requires a Shiba Inu or a French Bulldog, most breeds can
> be found...at the shelter. I've found beagles, chihuhuas, jack
> russells, a border terrier, shzizu (sp?), llhasas, poodles, shar
peis,
> chows, keeshounds, labs, goldens, german shepards, cocker spaniels,
> springer spaniels, basset hounds, shelties not to mention pits and
> rotties galore. And that's in the past two weeks.

Springtime's even better (or worse, depending on your point of view).
All the Christmas gift pure bred puppies are reaching the age where
the owners are realizing that little cute puppies get big and hard to
handle, so, off to the shelter.

David

Wendy Marsden
July 17th 03, 06:58 PM
Hard Headed Woman > wrote:

> The Dogue De Bordeaux Society has rescued dogs available for adoption:
> http://www.mypetweb.com/ddbs/

My sister does Border Collie rescue. Now *there's* a dog that isn't for
everyone. She had to get them a flock of sheep. Coyotes were getting at
the sheep so she had to get some guard dogs (maramas, I think) for the
sheep flock. So my sister's dogs have dogs. (She has six of her own.)

Border Collies need a job. People get them because they're cute and
smart and don't realize that they are always, always busy. And need a ton
of exercise.

I just put in an order to PetEdge and bought them a bunch of squeaker
toys. They like to find the squeaker and disable it. They race to see
who can do it fastest. They're damn smart dogs. I wish I could get my
kids as well trained as those dogs. (My older children know the command
"away to me" means to go fetch the toddler and herd him back towards
me. They learned that from their cousin-dogs.)

Wendy

Wendy Marsden
July 17th 03, 06:58 PM
Hard Headed Woman > wrote:

> The Dogue De Bordeaux Society has rescued dogs available for adoption:
> http://www.mypetweb.com/ddbs/

My sister does Border Collie rescue. Now *there's* a dog that isn't for
everyone. She had to get them a flock of sheep. Coyotes were getting at
the sheep so she had to get some guard dogs (maramas, I think) for the
sheep flock. So my sister's dogs have dogs. (She has six of her own.)

Border Collies need a job. People get them because they're cute and
smart and don't realize that they are always, always busy. And need a ton
of exercise.

I just put in an order to PetEdge and bought them a bunch of squeaker
toys. They like to find the squeaker and disable it. They race to see
who can do it fastest. They're damn smart dogs. I wish I could get my
kids as well trained as those dogs. (My older children know the command
"away to me" means to go fetch the toddler and herd him back towards
me. They learned that from their cousin-dogs.)

Wendy

JC Der Koenig
July 17th 03, 08:13 PM
"David Cohen" > wrote in message
rthlink.net...

> "JC Der Koenig" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Nina" > wrote in message
> > > On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:32:44 GMT, Wendy Marsden

> breeders,

> and had
> was doing

> > > Hey, it's your dog, you love him/her, that's great.
> > >
> > > But FYI, if someone's there to take the dogs, breeders willl make
> > > more dogs. 'Cause over time, they make money. And some dogs get
> > > given away for free, some pay through the nose, and the rest go to
> the
> > > shelter. Then there's the people who have either paid or not
> paid,
> > > and still bring 'em to the shelter. Same goes for pet stores.
> > >
> > > Unless one requires a Shiba Inu or a French Bulldog, most breeds
> can
> > > be found...at the shelter. I've found beagles, chihuhuas, jack
> > > russells, a border terrier, shzizu (sp?), llhasas, poodles, shar
> peis,
> > > chows, keeshounds, labs, goldens, german shepards, cocker
> spaniels,
> > > springer spaniels, basset hounds, shelties not to mention pits and
> > > rotties galore. And that's in the past two weeks.
> > >

> > > Cheers,
> > > Nina
> > >
> > > delicious! evil! calorie free!
> > > http://www.theslack.com
> >
> > Let me know if you come across a Dogue De Bordeaux, or Fila
> Brasiliera.
>
> DUDE! Will you marry me?
>
> Oh, wait, I think I'd rather marry my current honey, Theresa, but with
> your taste in dogs, you'd be second :)
>
> David

I've heard about you male nurses... But can you cook?

JC Der Koenig
July 17th 03, 08:13 PM
"David Cohen" > wrote in message
rthlink.net...

> "JC Der Koenig" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Nina" > wrote in message
> > > On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:32:44 GMT, Wendy Marsden

> breeders,

> and had
> was doing

> > > Hey, it's your dog, you love him/her, that's great.
> > >
> > > But FYI, if someone's there to take the dogs, breeders willl make
> > > more dogs. 'Cause over time, they make money. And some dogs get
> > > given away for free, some pay through the nose, and the rest go to
> the
> > > shelter. Then there's the people who have either paid or not
> paid,
> > > and still bring 'em to the shelter. Same goes for pet stores.
> > >
> > > Unless one requires a Shiba Inu or a French Bulldog, most breeds
> can
> > > be found...at the shelter. I've found beagles, chihuhuas, jack
> > > russells, a border terrier, shzizu (sp?), llhasas, poodles, shar
> peis,
> > > chows, keeshounds, labs, goldens, german shepards, cocker
> spaniels,
> > > springer spaniels, basset hounds, shelties not to mention pits and
> > > rotties galore. And that's in the past two weeks.
> > >

> > > Cheers,
> > > Nina
> > >
> > > delicious! evil! calorie free!
> > > http://www.theslack.com
> >
> > Let me know if you come across a Dogue De Bordeaux, or Fila
> Brasiliera.
>
> DUDE! Will you marry me?
>
> Oh, wait, I think I'd rather marry my current honey, Theresa, but with
> your taste in dogs, you'd be second :)
>
> David

I've heard about you male nurses... But can you cook?

JC Der Koenig
July 17th 03, 08:20 PM
"Hard Headed Woman" > wrote in message

> "JC Der Koenig" > wrote in message
>

> > Let me know if you come across a Dogue De Bordeaux, or Fila Brasiliera.
>

> The Dogue De Bordeaux Society has rescued dogs available for adoption:
> http://www.mypetweb.com/ddbs/
>
> HTH...
>

> -HHW-

One of the problems with rescue dogs is that I only know how to train dogs
that I get as puppies right after they're weaned. Any dog I have has to be a
family inside the house dog that can be left alone for up to 12 hours. I use
a kennel at first and slowly for a couple of years get them trained up. I'm
sure there are ways to retrain older dogs but I've never done it.

JC Der Koenig
July 17th 03, 08:20 PM
"Hard Headed Woman" > wrote in message

> "JC Der Koenig" > wrote in message
>

> > Let me know if you come across a Dogue De Bordeaux, or Fila Brasiliera.
>

> The Dogue De Bordeaux Society has rescued dogs available for adoption:
> http://www.mypetweb.com/ddbs/
>
> HTH...
>

> -HHW-

One of the problems with rescue dogs is that I only know how to train dogs
that I get as puppies right after they're weaned. Any dog I have has to be a
family inside the house dog that can be left alone for up to 12 hours. I use
a kennel at first and slowly for a couple of years get them trained up. I'm
sure there are ways to retrain older dogs but I've never done it.

Hard Headed Woman
July 17th 03, 08:50 PM
"Wendy Marsden" > wrote in message
> Hard Headed Woman > wrote:
>
> > The Dogue De Bordeaux Society has rescued dogs available for adoption:
> > http://www.mypetweb.com/ddbs/
>
> My sister does Border Collie rescue. Now *there's* a dog that isn't for
> everyone. She had to get them a flock of sheep. Coyotes were getting at
> the sheep so she had to get some guard dogs (maramas, I think) for the
> sheep flock. So my sister's dogs have dogs. (She has six of her own.)
>
> Border Collies need a job. People get them because they're cute and
> smart and don't realize that they are always, always busy. And need a ton
> of exercise.
>
> I just put in an order to PetEdge and bought them a bunch of squeaker
> toys. They like to find the squeaker and disable it. They race to see
> who can do it fastest. They're damn smart dogs. I wish I could get my
> kids as well trained as those dogs. (My older children know the command
> "away to me" means to go fetch the toddler and herd him back towards
> me. They learned that from their cousin-dogs.)
>
> Wendy

Border Collies are wonderful dogs, but all dogs are wonderful dogs, if
they're raised right, and if they fit the needs of their person or family.
The main problem is that people see a cute puppy and take it home, without
doing any research into the dog itself, or thinking about what type of
effort they are willing to put out in caring for their dog. Here:
http://www.ivillage.com/pets/tools/breedselector is a good quiz that will
help in choosing a dog breed. Once you know what you're looking for, most
shelters will keep that info on file and let you know when they get a dog
that matches your needs.

-HHW-

Hard Headed Woman
July 17th 03, 08:50 PM
"Wendy Marsden" > wrote in message
> Hard Headed Woman > wrote:
>
> > The Dogue De Bordeaux Society has rescued dogs available for adoption:
> > http://www.mypetweb.com/ddbs/
>
> My sister does Border Collie rescue. Now *there's* a dog that isn't for
> everyone. She had to get them a flock of sheep. Coyotes were getting at
> the sheep so she had to get some guard dogs (maramas, I think) for the
> sheep flock. So my sister's dogs have dogs. (She has six of her own.)
>
> Border Collies need a job. People get them because they're cute and
> smart and don't realize that they are always, always busy. And need a ton
> of exercise.
>
> I just put in an order to PetEdge and bought them a bunch of squeaker
> toys. They like to find the squeaker and disable it. They race to see
> who can do it fastest. They're damn smart dogs. I wish I could get my
> kids as well trained as those dogs. (My older children know the command
> "away to me" means to go fetch the toddler and herd him back towards
> me. They learned that from their cousin-dogs.)
>
> Wendy

Border Collies are wonderful dogs, but all dogs are wonderful dogs, if
they're raised right, and if they fit the needs of their person or family.
The main problem is that people see a cute puppy and take it home, without
doing any research into the dog itself, or thinking about what type of
effort they are willing to put out in caring for their dog. Here:
http://www.ivillage.com/pets/tools/breedselector is a good quiz that will
help in choosing a dog breed. Once you know what you're looking for, most
shelters will keep that info on file and let you know when they get a dog
that matches your needs.

-HHW-

Hard Headed Woman
July 17th 03, 08:57 PM
"JC Der Koenig" > wrote in message

> "Hard Headed Woman" > wrote in message
> >
> > "JC Der Koenig" > wrote in message
> >

> > > Let me know if you come across a Dogue De Bordeaux, or Fila
Brasiliera.

> > The Dogue De Bordeaux Society has rescued dogs available for adoption:
> > http://www.mypetweb.com/ddbs/
> >
> > HTH...
> >

> > -HHW-
> >

> One of the problems with rescue dogs is that I only know how to train dogs
> that I get as puppies right after they're weaned. Any dog I have has to be
> family inside the house dog that can be left alone for up to 12 hours. I
use
> a kennel at first and slowly for a couple of years get them trained up.
I'm
> sure there are ways to retrain older dogs but I've never done it.

You can always ask them to keep their eyes out for a youinger dog...I think
they have one now that's about 14 months, which isn't *too* old. I think
you'll have an even harder time finding a Dogue De Bordeaux or Fila
Brasiliera puppy at a shelter, unless you're willing to go for a
cross-breed. IMO, mixed breeds often make better dogs, anyway, but it's all
about *you* and what type of dog you'll be willing to care for (and put up
with...all breeds have their little quirks). Just a thought...

-HHW-

Hard Headed Woman
July 17th 03, 08:57 PM
"JC Der Koenig" > wrote in message

> "Hard Headed Woman" > wrote in message
> >
> > "JC Der Koenig" > wrote in message
> >

> > > Let me know if you come across a Dogue De Bordeaux, or Fila
Brasiliera.

> > The Dogue De Bordeaux Society has rescued dogs available for adoption:
> > http://www.mypetweb.com/ddbs/
> >
> > HTH...
> >

> > -HHW-
> >

> One of the problems with rescue dogs is that I only know how to train dogs
> that I get as puppies right after they're weaned. Any dog I have has to be
> family inside the house dog that can be left alone for up to 12 hours. I
use
> a kennel at first and slowly for a couple of years get them trained up.
I'm
> sure there are ways to retrain older dogs but I've never done it.

You can always ask them to keep their eyes out for a youinger dog...I think
they have one now that's about 14 months, which isn't *too* old. I think
you'll have an even harder time finding a Dogue De Bordeaux or Fila
Brasiliera puppy at a shelter, unless you're willing to go for a
cross-breed. IMO, mixed breeds often make better dogs, anyway, but it's all
about *you* and what type of dog you'll be willing to care for (and put up
with...all breeds have their little quirks). Just a thought...

-HHW-

Lyle McDonald
July 17th 03, 09:09 PM
Hard Headed Woman wrote:

> "JC Der Koenig" > wrote in message

> Brasiliera.
> > >

> > > The Dogue De Bordeaux Society has rescued dogs available for adoption:
> > > http://www.mypetweb.com/ddbs/
> > >
> > > HTH...
> > >

> > > -HHW-
> > >

> > One of the problems with rescue dogs is that I only know how to train dogs
> > that I get as puppies right after they're weaned. Any dog I have has to be
> > family inside the house dog that can be left alone for up to 12 hours. I
> use
> > a kennel at first and slowly for a couple of years get them trained up.
> I'm
> > sure there are ways to retrain older dogs but I've never done it.
>
> You can always ask them to keep their eyes out for a youinger dog...I think
> they have one now that's about 14 months, which isn't *too* old. I think
> you'll have an even harder time finding a Dogue De Bordeaux or Fila
> Brasiliera puppy at a shelter, unless you're willing to go for a
> cross-breed. IMO, mixed breeds often make better dogs, anyway, but it's all
> about *you* and what type of dog you'll be willing to care for (and put up
> with...all breeds have their little quirks). Just a thought...

I have a question for the experts in this thread

a. What's the best dog in terms of protein:fat ratio? And what wine
goes with that?
2. Which is the best for sex?

thanks in advance,
Lyle

Lyle McDonald
July 17th 03, 09:09 PM
Hard Headed Woman wrote:

> "JC Der Koenig" > wrote in message

> Brasiliera.
> > >

> > > The Dogue De Bordeaux Society has rescued dogs available for adoption:
> > > http://www.mypetweb.com/ddbs/
> > >
> > > HTH...
> > >

> > > -HHW-
> > >

> > One of the problems with rescue dogs is that I only know how to train dogs
> > that I get as puppies right after they're weaned. Any dog I have has to be
> > family inside the house dog that can be left alone for up to 12 hours. I
> use
> > a kennel at first and slowly for a couple of years get them trained up.
> I'm
> > sure there are ways to retrain older dogs but I've never done it.
>
> You can always ask them to keep their eyes out for a youinger dog...I think
> they have one now that's about 14 months, which isn't *too* old. I think
> you'll have an even harder time finding a Dogue De Bordeaux or Fila
> Brasiliera puppy at a shelter, unless you're willing to go for a
> cross-breed. IMO, mixed breeds often make better dogs, anyway, but it's all
> about *you* and what type of dog you'll be willing to care for (and put up
> with...all breeds have their little quirks). Just a thought...

I have a question for the experts in this thread

a. What's the best dog in terms of protein:fat ratio? And what wine
goes with that?
2. Which is the best for sex?

thanks in advance,
Lyle

Hard Headed Woman
July 17th 03, 09:38 PM
"Lyle McDonald" > wrote in message

> I have a question for the experts in this thread
>
> a. What's the best dog in terms of protein:fat ratio? And what wine
> goes with that?

How many people are you trying to feed?

> 2. Which is the best for sex?

That depends on how big your dick is. Try a chihuahua...

> thanks in advance,
> Lyle

Hard Headed Woman
July 17th 03, 09:38 PM
"Lyle McDonald" > wrote in message

> I have a question for the experts in this thread
>
> a. What's the best dog in terms of protein:fat ratio? And what wine
> goes with that?

How many people are you trying to feed?

> 2. Which is the best for sex?

That depends on how big your dick is. Try a chihuahua...

> thanks in advance,
> Lyle

John HUDSON
July 17th 03, 09:56 PM
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 12:38:09 -0700, "Hard Headed Woman"
> wrote:

>"Lyle McDonald" > wrote in message
>

>> I have a question for the experts in this thread
>>
>> a. What's the best dog in terms of protein:fat ratio? And what wine
>> goes with that?
>
>How many people are you trying to feed?
>

>> 2. Which is the best for sex?
>
>That depends on how big your dick is. Try a chihuahua...

This is a worthy reply from an 'alleged' novice troll! <applause>

>> thanks in advance,
>> Lyle

John HUDSON
July 17th 03, 09:56 PM
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 12:38:09 -0700, "Hard Headed Woman"
> wrote:

>"Lyle McDonald" > wrote in message
>

>> I have a question for the experts in this thread
>>
>> a. What's the best dog in terms of protein:fat ratio? And what wine
>> goes with that?
>
>How many people are you trying to feed?
>

>> 2. Which is the best for sex?
>
>That depends on how big your dick is. Try a chihuahua...

This is a worthy reply from an 'alleged' novice troll! <applause>

>> thanks in advance,
>> Lyle

Hard Headed Woman
July 17th 03, 10:01 PM
"John HUDSON" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 12:38:09 -0700, "Hard Headed Woman"
> > wrote:
>

> >"Lyle McDonald" > wrote in message
> >

> >> I have a question for the experts in this thread
> >>
> >> a. What's the best dog in terms of protein:fat ratio? And what wine
> >> goes with that?
> >
> >How many people are you trying to feed?
> >

> >> 2. Which is the best for sex?
> >
> >That depends on how big your dick is. Try a chihuahua...
> >

> This is a worthy reply from an 'alleged' novice troll! <applause>

Um...thanks? I must be a natural... =~D

-HHW-

Hard Headed Woman
July 17th 03, 10:01 PM
"John HUDSON" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 12:38:09 -0700, "Hard Headed Woman"
> > wrote:
>

> >"Lyle McDonald" > wrote in message
> >

> >> I have a question for the experts in this thread
> >>
> >> a. What's the best dog in terms of protein:fat ratio? And what wine
> >> goes with that?
> >
> >How many people are you trying to feed?
> >

> >> 2. Which is the best for sex?
> >
> >That depends on how big your dick is. Try a chihuahua...
> >

> This is a worthy reply from an 'alleged' novice troll! <applause>

Um...thanks? I must be a natural... =~D

-HHW-

Nina
July 17th 03, 10:53 PM
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 22:06:04 -0700, "Hard Headed Woman"
> wrote:

>"Nina" > wrote in message
>
>> >I'm all for getting your animals at the shelter, or off the street, but I
>> >can understand certain reasons for buying a puppy (not a cat, though).
>My
>> >husband and I once adopted a BEAUTIFUL one year old chocolate Lab. I
>wanted
>> >him because he was sweet and gorgeous, but my husband wanted him for
>> >hunting. Unfortunately, Bailey (the name he came with) would retrieve
>for
>> >me all day long, but my husband couldn't get him to fetch a steak!
>> >Okay...that's a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the point. It wasn't
>> >just my husband, either. Bailey wouldn't retrieve for any men at
>all...not
>> >even my son. Needless to say, my husband wasn't very happy. We kept
>Bailey
>> >(he was still a wonderful dog), but ended up buying a yellow Lab (the
>> >aforementioned sweetest dog in the world, Cherokee) so that my husband
>could
>> >have his hunting dog. Anyway, I STILL encourage people to get their
>animals
>> >from the shelter, but it is important to realize that sometimes the dog
>or
>> >cat you bring home could have issues that you know nothing about, and
>> >sometimes can't change...
>>
>> You weren't looking for a companion, you were looking for a working
>> dog. To expect a dog to come out of the shelter (or come to you as a
>> puppy)and be able to automatically assume the role of a working dog is
>> not really a reasonable expectation.
>
>I never expected any such thing. Cherokee became the dog that he is through
>lots of training and hard work. The same effort was put into Bailey, but
>for some reason, there is a wall between Bailey and human males, and it will
>not come down. End of story.
>For the record, I share your passion for helping animals that are neglected
>and mistreated by humans. My mother *lives and works* on a wildlife refuge,
>where I volunteer as often as possible, and she raised me to honor and
>respect *all* animals, not just dogs. In all actuality, I like animals more
>than I do people. I always have. Regardless, I was just pointing out that
>there *are* legitamate reasons for buying rather than adopting, though those
>reasons are few and far between.
>

>-HHW-

Sorry, I was tired and cranky when I posted this. I mean when I posted
mine. Not when you posted yours.

You know what I mean.

> [...]

>I never expected any such thing. Cherokee became the dog that he is through
>lots of training and hard work. The same effort was put into Bailey, but
>for some reason, there is a wall between Bailey and human males, and it will
>not come down. End of story.
>For the record, I share your passion for helping animals that are neglected
>and mistreated by humans. My mother *lives and works* on a wildlife refuge,
>where I volunteer as often as possible, and she raised me to honor and
>respect *all* animals, not just dogs. In all actuality, I like animals more
>than I do people. I always have. Regardless, I was just pointing out that
>there *are* legitamate reasons for buying rather than adopting, though those
>reasons are few and far between.
>

>-HHW-

Sorry, I was tired and cranky when I posted this. I mean when I posted

July 17th 03, 10:54 PM
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 15:36:01 GMT, "David Cohen"
> wrote:

>"Nina" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:32:44 GMT, Wendy Marsden
>> > wrote:

>breeders,
>> >
>> >Well, duh, but let me point out that they got zero bucks from me
>and had
>> >to pay to feed and immunize the pup they gave me, so I guess I was
>doing
>> >my part to put them out of business!
>> >
>> >Wendy
>>
>> Hey, it's your dog, you love him/her, that's great.
>>
>> But FYI, if someone's there to take the dogs, breeders willl make
>> more dogs. 'Cause over time, they make money. And some dogs get
>> given away for free, some pay through the nose, and the rest go to
>the
>> shelter. Then there's the people who have either paid or not paid,
>> and still bring 'em to the shelter. Same goes for pet stores.
>>
>> Unless one requires a Shiba Inu or a French Bulldog, most breeds can
>> be found...at the shelter. I've found beagles, chihuhuas, jack
>> russells, a border terrier, shzizu (sp?), llhasas, poodles, shar
>peis,
>> chows, keeshounds, labs, goldens, german shepards, cocker spaniels,
>> springer spaniels, basset hounds, shelties not to mention pits and
>> rotties galore. And that's in the past two weeks.
>
>Springtime's even better (or worse, depending on your point of view).
>All the Christmas gift pure bred puppies are reaching the age where
>the owners are realizing that little cute puppies get big and hard to
>handle, so, off to the shelter.
>
>David

Actually, at this specific shelter, July seems to be the magic month -
that's when they have their biggest intake. I think people go on
vacation and "don't have anywhere to put their dog." Egads.

Cheers,
Nina
delicious! evil! calorie free!
http://www.theslack.com

Nina
July 17th 03, 10:54 PM
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 15:36:01 GMT, "David Cohen"
> wrote:

>"Nina" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:32:44 GMT, Wendy Marsden
>> > wrote:

>breeders,
>> >
>> >Well, duh, but let me point out that they got zero bucks from me
>and had
>> >to pay to feed and immunize the pup they gave me, so I guess I was
>doing
>> >my part to put them out of business!
>> >
>> >Wendy
>>
>> Hey, it's your dog, you love him/her, that's great.
>>
>> But FYI, if someone's there to take the dogs, breeders willl make
>> more dogs. 'Cause over time, they make money. And some dogs get
>> given away for free, some pay through the nose, and the rest go to
>the
>> shelter. Then there's the people who have either paid or not paid,
>> and still bring 'em to the shelter. Same goes for pet stores.
>>
>> Unless one requires a Shiba Inu or a French Bulldog, most breeds can
>> be found...at the shelter. I've found beagles, chihuhuas, jack
>> russells, a border terrier, shzizu (sp?), llhasas, poodles, shar
>peis,
>> chows, keeshounds, labs, goldens, german shepards, cocker spaniels,
>> springer spaniels, basset hounds, shelties not to mention pits and
>> rotties galore. And that's in the past two weeks.
>
>Springtime's even better (or worse, depending on your point of view).
>All the Christmas gift pure bred puppies are reaching the age where
>the owners are realizing that little cute puppies get big and hard to
>handle, so, off to the shelter.
>
>David

Actually, at this specific shelter, July seems to be the magic month -
that's when they have their biggest intake. I think people go on
vacation and "don't have anywhere to put their dog." Egads.

Cheers,
Nina
delicious! evil! calorie free!
http://www.theslack.com

David Cohen
July 18th 03, 01:31 AM
"Lyle McDonald" > wrote

www.petsorfood.com

> 2. Which is the best for sex?

A little publicized aspect of the case in San Francisco of the two
Presa Canarios that attacked and killed a woman, was that the police
found evidence of sexual abuse of the dogs. So, screw the pooch at
your own risk.

David

David Cohen
July 18th 03, 01:31 AM
"Lyle McDonald" > wrote

www.petsorfood.com

> 2. Which is the best for sex?

A little publicized aspect of the case in San Francisco of the two
Presa Canarios that attacked and killed a woman, was that the police
found evidence of sexual abuse of the dogs. So, screw the pooch at
your own risk.

David

Dr_Dickie
July 18th 03, 01:16 PM
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:58:24 GMT, Wendy Marsden
> wrote:

>Hard Headed Woman > wrote:
>
>> The Dogue De Bordeaux Society has rescued dogs available for adoption:
>> http://www.mypetweb.com/ddbs/
>
>My sister does Border Collie rescue. Now *there's* a dog that isn't for
>everyone. She had to get them a flock of sheep. Coyotes were getting at
>the sheep so she had to get some guard dogs (maramas, I think) for the
>sheep flock. So my sister's dogs have dogs. (She has six of her own.)
>
>Border Collies need a job. People get them because they're cute and
>smart and don't realize that they are always, always busy. And need a ton
>of exercise.
>
>I just put in an order to PetEdge and bought them a bunch of squeaker
>toys. They like to find the squeaker and disable it. They race to see
>who can do it fastest. They're damn smart dogs. I wish I could get my
>kids as well trained as those dogs. (My older children know the command
>"away to me" means to go fetch the toddler and herd him back towards
>me. They learned that from their cousin-dogs.)
>
>Wendy

I was going to say my sister had a border collie and twin children. It
was a joy to watch that dog work the yard when the kids leaned to
walk. And he had a field day when there was a family reunion.
Toddling tykes at every turn, and the dog would keep them all within
the confines of the larger group of people.
Dr. Dickie
Skepticult member in good standing #394-00596-438
Poking kooks with a pointy stick
====================================
"Let be be finale of seem.
The only emperor is the emperor of ice-cream"
Wallace Stevens-1923
=====================================

Dr_Dickie
July 18th 03, 01:16 PM
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:58:24 GMT, Wendy Marsden
> wrote:

>Hard Headed Woman > wrote:
>
>> The Dogue De Bordeaux Society has rescued dogs available for adoption:
>> http://www.mypetweb.com/ddbs/
>
>My sister does Border Collie rescue. Now *there's* a dog that isn't for
>everyone. She had to get them a flock of sheep. Coyotes were getting at
>the sheep so she had to get some guard dogs (maramas, I think) for the
>sheep flock. So my sister's dogs have dogs. (She has six of her own.)
>
>Border Collies need a job. People get them because they're cute and
>smart and don't realize that they are always, always busy. And need a ton
>of exercise.
>
>I just put in an order to PetEdge and bought them a bunch of squeaker
>toys. They like to find the squeaker and disable it. They race to see
>who can do it fastest. They're damn smart dogs. I wish I could get my
>kids as well trained as those dogs. (My older children know the command
>"away to me" means to go fetch the toddler and herd him back towards
>me. They learned that from their cousin-dogs.)
>
>Wendy

I was going to say my sister had a border collie and twin children. It
was a joy to watch that dog work the yard when the kids leaned to
walk. And he had a field day when there was a family reunion.
Toddling tykes at every turn, and the dog would keep them all within
the confines of the larger group of people.
Dr. Dickie
Skepticult member in good standing #394-00596-438
Poking kooks with a pointy stick
====================================
"Let be be finale of seem.
The only emperor is the emperor of ice-cream"
Wallace Stevens-1923
=====================================

August Pamplona
July 20th 03, 12:15 AM
"David Cohen" > wrote in message
rthlink.net...

> "JC Der Koenig" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Nina" > wrote in message
> > > On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:32:44 GMT, Wendy Marsden

> breeders,

> and had
> was doing

> > > Hey, it's your dog, you love him/her, that's great.
> > >
> > > But FYI, if someone's there to take the dogs, breeders willl make
> > > more dogs. 'Cause over time, they make money. And some dogs get
> > > given away for free, some pay through the nose, and the rest go to
> the
> > > shelter. Then there's the people who have either paid or not
> paid,
> > > and still bring 'em to the shelter. Same goes for pet stores.
> > >
> > > Unless one requires a Shiba Inu or a French Bulldog, most breeds
> can
> > > be found...at the shelter. I've found beagles, chihuhuas, jack
> > > russells, a border terrier, shzizu (sp?), llhasas, poodles, shar
> peis,
> > > chows, keeshounds, labs, goldens, german shepards, cocker
> spaniels,
> > > springer spaniels, basset hounds, shelties not to mention pits and
> > > rotties galore. And that's in the past two weeks.
> > >

> > > Cheers,
> > > Nina
> > >
> > > delicious! evil! calorie free!
> > > http://www.theslack.com
> >
> > Let me know if you come across a Dogue De Bordeaux, or Fila
> Brasiliera.
>
> DUDE! Will you marry me?
>
> Oh, wait, I think I'd rather marry my current honey, Theresa, but with
> your taste in dogs, you'd be second :)
>
> David

Do these breeds bestride other breeds like a molosser of yore?

August Pamplona
--
"No, jew. Your jew opinion doesn't matter no matter what, jew. Your
writings deserve no comprehension, merely scorn, jew. You are jew."
-Lysis on m.f.w.

a.a. # 1811 apatriot #20
To email replace 'necatoramericanusancylostomaduodenale' with
'cosmicaug'

August Pamplona
July 20th 03, 12:15 AM
"David Cohen" > wrote in message
rthlink.net...

> "JC Der Koenig" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Nina" > wrote in message
> > > On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:32:44 GMT, Wendy Marsden

> breeders,

> and had
> was doing

> > > Hey, it's your dog, you love him/her, that's great.
> > >
> > > But FYI, if someone's there to take the dogs, breeders willl make
> > > more dogs. 'Cause over time, they make money. And some dogs get
> > > given away for free, some pay through the nose, and the rest go to
> the
> > > shelter. Then there's the people who have either paid or not
> paid,
> > > and still bring 'em to the shelter. Same goes for pet stores.
> > >
> > > Unless one requires a Shiba Inu or a French Bulldog, most breeds
> can
> > > be found...at the shelter. I've found beagles, chihuhuas, jack
> > > russells, a border terrier, shzizu (sp?), llhasas, poodles, shar
> peis,
> > > chows, keeshounds, labs, goldens, german shepards, cocker
> spaniels,
> > > springer spaniels, basset hounds, shelties not to mention pits and
> > > rotties galore. And that's in the past two weeks.
> > >

> > > Cheers,
> > > Nina
> > >
> > > delicious! evil! calorie free!
> > > http://www.theslack.com
> >
> > Let me know if you come across a Dogue De Bordeaux, or Fila
> Brasiliera.
>
> DUDE! Will you marry me?
>
> Oh, wait, I think I'd rather marry my current honey, Theresa, but with
> your taste in dogs, you'd be second :)
>
> David

Do these breeds bestride other breeds like a molosser of yore?

August Pamplona
--
"No, jew. Your jew opinion doesn't matter no matter what, jew. Your
writings deserve no comprehension, merely scorn, jew. You are jew."
-Lysis on m.f.w.

a.a. # 1811 apatriot #20
To email replace 'necatoramericanusancylostomaduodenale' with
'cosmicaug'

David Cohen
July 20th 03, 12:43 AM
"August Pamplona" >
wrote in message
rthlink.net...
> "David Cohen" > wrote in message
> rthlink.net...

> > breeders,

> > and had
> > was doing

> > the
> > paid,

> > can
> > peis,
> > spaniels,

> > > Let me know if you come across a Dogue De Bordeaux, or Fila
> > Brasiliera.
> >
> > DUDE! Will you marry me?
> >
> > Oh, wait, I think I'd rather marry my current honey, Theresa, but
with
> > your taste in dogs, you'd be second :)
> >
> > David
>
> Do these breeds bestride other breeds like a molosser of yore?

Yes.

Yes, they do.

Exactly.

David