PDA

View Full Version : OT - For you blues fans...

Keith Hobman
July 16th 03, 03:02 PM
www.harrymanx.xom

Just getting into him. Otherworldy slide work on one of the weirdest
instruments I've ever seen.

Delta blues meets Indian sitar music. Too cool.

--
Keith Hobman

--- email address above is a non-monitored spam sink.

Tom Morley
July 17th 03, 01:15 AM
Keith Hobman wrote:
> www.harrymanx.com
>
> Just getting into him. Otherworldy slide work on one of the weirdest
> instruments I've ever seen.
>
> Delta blues meets Indian sitar music. Too cool.

The number one weirdest slide player of all times is Skip James.
Recorded in the 30s, and IIRC, was redescovered in the 60s
He tuned the guitar to D MINOR, and played these say laments,
with weird, sparse, but incredibly effective guitar parts.

Highly recommended.

--
Tom Morley | Same roads
| Same rights
| Same rules
AIM: DocTDM

Tom Morley
July 17th 03, 01:15 AM
Keith Hobman wrote:
> www.harrymanx.com
>
> Just getting into him. Otherworldy slide work on one of the weirdest
> instruments I've ever seen.
>
> Delta blues meets Indian sitar music. Too cool.

The number one weirdest slide player of all times is Skip James.
Recorded in the 30s, and IIRC, was redescovered in the 60s
He tuned the guitar to D MINOR, and played these say laments,
with weird, sparse, but incredibly effective guitar parts.

Highly recommended.

--
Tom Morley | Same roads
| Same rights
| Same rules
AIM: DocTDM

Greko Hill
July 17th 03, 01:46 AM
Don't respond to off topic post, morley!!!

"Tom Morley" > wrote in message

> Keith Hobman wrote:
> > www.harrymanx.com
> >
> > Just getting into him. Otherworldy slide work on one of the weirdest
> > instruments I've ever seen.
> >
> > Delta blues meets Indian sitar music. Too cool.
> >

> The number one weirdest slide player of all times is Skip James.
> Recorded in the 30s, and IIRC, was redescovered in the 60s
> He tuned the guitar to D MINOR, and played these say laments,
> with weird, sparse, but incredibly effective guitar parts.
>
> Highly recommended.
>

> --
> Tom Morley | Same roads
> | Same rights
> | Same rules
> AIM: DocTDM

John Hanson
July 17th 03, 03:38 AM
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:39:27 -0700, "LO" > wrote in
misc.fitness.weights:

>Desperate to post something off topic, Keith Hobman chooses blues music.
>Does anyone need more evidence that Keith is one of the MFW hangers? :)

I see you're with the government. Are there any government programs
that would give me a discount on steaks? I really love steak and if I
could get it at a discount, I'd be able to eat even more of it.

John Hanson
July 17th 03, 03:38 AM
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:39:27 -0700, "LO" > wrote in
misc.fitness.weights:

>Desperate to post something off topic, Keith Hobman chooses blues music.
>Does anyone need more evidence that Keith is one of the MFW hangers? :)

I see you're with the government. Are there any government programs
that would give me a discount on steaks? I really love steak and if I
could get it at a discount, I'd be able to eat even more of it.

Jim Ranieri
July 17th 03, 03:45 AM
Keith Hobman wrote in message ...
>www.harrymanx.com
>
>Just getting into him. Otherworldy slide work on one of the weirdest
>instruments I've ever seen.
>
>Delta blues meets Indian sitar music. Too cool.

Downloaded an MP3 of "Bring That Thing" at his site - played it over the
patio speakers while having a nightcap with the neighbors this evening. Very
nice - thanks.

Jim Ranieri
July 17th 03, 03:45 AM
Keith Hobman wrote in message ...
>www.harrymanx.com
>
>Just getting into him. Otherworldy slide work on one of the weirdest
>instruments I've ever seen.
>
>Delta blues meets Indian sitar music. Too cool.

Downloaded an MP3 of "Bring That Thing" at his site - played it over the
patio speakers while having a nightcap with the neighbors this evening. Very
nice - thanks.

John Hanson
July 17th 03, 09:36 AM