PDA

View Full Version : Question for Lyle: lypo

ignorcrew
July 17th 03, 02:15 PM
Does lyposuction effect leptin levels?

No plans for lypo, just curious.

Matti Kolu
July 17th 03, 04:58 PM
"ignorcrew" > skrev i meddelandet
om...
> Does lyposuction effect leptin levels?

Yes. Lyle wrote:

"With minor exceptions (i.e. 5 lbs of visceral fat isn't the same as 5
lbs of subcutaneous fat and women's fat makes more leptin than men's
fat), leptin will correlate with total pounds of fat."

Matti

Yes. Lyle wrote:

"With minor exceptions (i.e. 5 lbs of visceral fat isn't the same as 5
lbs of subcutaneous fat and women's fat makes more leptin than men's
fat), leptin will correlate with total pounds of fat."

Matti

Matti Kolu
July 17th 03, 05:11 PM
"ignorcrew" > skrev i meddelandet
om...
> Does lyposuction effect leptin levels?
>
> No plans for lypo, just curious.

google for either:
liposuction leptin or
leptin fat mass

for some posts about this.

Matti

Matti Kolu
July 17th 03, 05:11 PM
"ignorcrew" > skrev i meddelandet
om...
> Does lyposuction effect leptin levels?
>
> No plans for lypo, just curious.

google for either:
liposuction leptin or
leptin fat mass

for some posts about this.

Matti

Wendy Marsden
July 17th 03, 06:00 PM
Matti Kolu > wrote:
> "ignorcrew" > skrev i meddelandet
>> Does lyposuction effect leptin levels?

> Yes. Lyle wrote:

> "With minor exceptions (i.e. 5 lbs of visceral fat isn't the same as 5
> lbs of subcutaneous fat and women's fat makes more leptin than men's
> fat), leptin will correlate with total pounds of fat."

Sorry, I haven't been following along: is reduced leptin good?

Wendy

Wendy Marsden
July 17th 03, 06:00 PM
Matti Kolu > wrote:
> "ignorcrew" > skrev i meddelandet
>> Does lyposuction effect leptin levels?

> Yes. Lyle wrote:

> "With minor exceptions (i.e. 5 lbs of visceral fat isn't the same as 5
> lbs of subcutaneous fat and women's fat makes more leptin than men's
> fat), leptin will correlate with total pounds of fat."

Sorry, I haven't been following along: is reduced leptin good?

Wendy

JC Der Koenig
July 17th 03, 07:27 PM
"Wendy Marsden" > wrote in message
> Matti Kolu > wrote:
> > "ignorcrew" > skrev i meddelandet
> >> Does lyposuction effect leptin levels?
>
> > Yes. Lyle wrote:
>
> > "With minor exceptions (i.e. 5 lbs of visceral fat isn't the same as 5
> > lbs of subcutaneous fat and women's fat makes more leptin than men's
> > fat), leptin will correlate with total pounds of fat."
>
> Sorry, I haven't been following along: is reduced leptin good?
>
> Wendy

Seems like reduced leptin would make you want to eat more.

JC Der Koenig
July 17th 03, 07:27 PM
"Wendy Marsden" > wrote in message
> Matti Kolu > wrote:
> > "ignorcrew" > skrev i meddelandet
> >> Does lyposuction effect leptin levels?
>
> > Yes. Lyle wrote:
>
> > "With minor exceptions (i.e. 5 lbs of visceral fat isn't the same as 5
> > lbs of subcutaneous fat and women's fat makes more leptin than men's
> > fat), leptin will correlate with total pounds of fat."
>
> Sorry, I haven't been following along: is reduced leptin good?
>
> Wendy

Seems like reduced leptin would make you want to eat more.

Par Deus
July 30th 03, 02:18 AM
Reduced leptin is good if you are obese (actually startes promoting
fat storage, above like 40uM/L or so), not at all if you are in normal
physiological ranges.

PD

Par Deus
July 30th 03, 02:18 AM
Reduced leptin is good if you are obese (actually startes promoting
fat storage, above like 40uM/L or so), not at all if you are in normal
physiological ranges.

PD

Lyle McDonald
July 30th 03, 06:47 PM
Par Deus wrote:

> Reduced leptin is good if you are obese (actually startes promoting
> fat storage, above like 40uM/L or so),

How so?

And any comments on that pain in the ass diet I sent you?

Lyle

Lyle McDonald
July 30th 03, 06:47 PM
Par Deus wrote:

> Reduced leptin is good if you are obese (actually startes promoting
> fat storage, above like 40uM/L or so),

How so?

And any comments on that pain in the ass diet I sent you?

Lyle

Par Deus
July 31st 03, 09:36 PM
For endos and fatter people, as good as it gets -- for mesos and
endos, I like more carbs (though, you allude to that, and maybe talk
about it outright in other chapters)

As mentioned in our e-mails, amazing job of putting complicated ****
in to laymen's terms (while still keeping it interesting for us
scientist-types), as always.

Par Deus
July 31st 03, 09:36 PM
For endos and fatter people, as good as it gets -- for mesos and
endos, I like more carbs (though, you allude to that, and maybe talk
about it outright in other chapters)

As mentioned in our e-mails, amazing job of putting complicated ****
in to laymen's terms (while still keeping it interesting for us
scientist-types), as always.

Par Deus
August 1st 03, 10:15 PM

> come again,
>
> for endos and fatter people
>
> but for mesos and endos you like more carbs?
>
> i take it you mean ectos?

Hehe -- yeah, ectos.

Par Deus
August 1st 03, 10:15 PM

> come again,
>
> for endos and fatter people
>
> but for mesos and endos you like more carbs?
>
> i take it you mean ectos?

Hehe -- yeah, ectos.