PDA

View Full Version : Anybody familiar with this? ProSpot

Phil
July 17th 03, 04:52 PM
I was wandering around the net and I came accross this:

http://www.prospotfitness.com/pages/home.html

Does anybody have any thoughts or comments on it? At $1299, I thought
it looked like an ok deal, but is there much of an advantage over a
regular power cage? Or is it just a gimmick?

At the very least it's kinda cool...

cory
July 18th 03, 01:22 AM
"Phil" > wrote in message
om...
> I was wandering around the net and I came accross this:
>
> http://www.prospotfitness.com/pages/home.html
>
> Does anybody have any thoughts or comments on it? At $1299, I thought
> it looked like an ok deal, but is there much of an advantage over a
> regular power cage? Or is it just a gimmick?
>
> At the very least it's kinda cool...

I have a setup like this. It worked very well. Mine does not have cables
though but a different type of spot. If you're part of thjis company and
just pushing your **** then I am sorry I wasted time out of my life
replying. But if it is a legit post then I think the price is high for it,
but yes it works well.

cory
July 18th 03, 01:22 AM
"Phil" > wrote in message
om...
> I was wandering around the net and I came accross this:
>
> http://www.prospotfitness.com/pages/home.html
>
> Does anybody have any thoughts or comments on it? At $1299, I thought
> it looked like an ok deal, but is there much of an advantage over a
> regular power cage? Or is it just a gimmick?
>
> At the very least it's kinda cool...

I have a setup like this. It worked very well. Mine does not have cables
though but a different type of spot. If you're part of thjis company and
just pushing your **** then I am sorry I wasted time out of my life
replying. But if it is a legit post then I think the price is high for it,
but yes it works well.

Phil
July 18th 03, 01:48 PM
"cory" > wrote in message >...
> "Phil" > wrote in message
> om...
> > I was wandering around the net and I came accross this:
> >
> > http://www.prospotfitness.com/pages/home.html
> >
> > Does anybody have any thoughts or comments on it? At $1299, I thought
> > it looked like an ok deal, but is there much of an advantage over a
> > regular power cage? Or is it just a gimmick?
> >
> > At the very least it's kinda cool...
>
> I have a setup like this. It worked very well. Mine does not have cables
> though but a different type of spot. If you're part of thjis company and
> just pushing your **** then I am sorry I wasted time out of my life
> replying. But if it is a legit post then I think the price is high for it,
> but yes it works well.

Thanks. Don't worry, I'm just looking around to buy a good power
cage. What is your system called?

I just think the ProSpot looks neat, and I think the regular prices
are high, but the closeout price on the Home model not too bad. But
it's still more expensive than a regular power cage, I'm just
wondering if it's worth it or if anybody knows anything about them.
I'm finding it hard to find any information about them other than what
ProSpot says.

I did notice the Home model does not appear to have a dip or pullup
station, I don't like that.

Phil
July 18th 03, 01:48 PM
"cory" > wrote in message >...
> "Phil" > wrote in message
> om...
> > I was wandering around the net and I came accross this:
> >
> > http://www.prospotfitness.com/pages/home.html
> >
> > Does anybody have any thoughts or comments on it? At $1299, I thought
> > it looked like an ok deal, but is there much of an advantage over a
> > regular power cage? Or is it just a gimmick?
> >
> > At the very least it's kinda cool...
>
> I have a setup like this. It worked very well. Mine does not have cables
> though but a different type of spot. If you're part of thjis company and
> just pushing your **** then I am sorry I wasted time out of my life
> replying. But if it is a legit post then I think the price is high for it,
> but yes it works well.

Thanks. Don't worry, I'm just looking around to buy a good power
cage. What is your system called?

I just think the ProSpot looks neat, and I think the regular prices
are high, but the closeout price on the Home model not too bad. But
it's still more expensive than a regular power cage, I'm just
wondering if it's worth it or if anybody knows anything about them.
I'm finding it hard to find any information about them other than what
ProSpot says.

I did notice the Home model does not appear to have a dip or pullup
station, I don't like that.

cory
July 18th 03, 07:27 PM
"Phil" > wrote in message
om...

> Thanks. Don't worry, I'm just looking around to buy a good power
> cage. What is your system called?

Sorry, I am not sure.

> I just think the ProSpot looks neat, and I think the regular prices
> are high, but the closeout price on the Home model not too bad. But
> it's still more expensive than a regular power cage, I'm just
> wondering if it's worth it or if anybody knows anything about them.
> I'm finding it hard to find any information about them other than what
> ProSpot says.

I say go for it, I dont think you would be disappointed with a system like
this. I did not use the pec deck on mine, but its there, but I used the
cable system(lat pulls, rows). Bench press of course, also has a preacher
bench, I used that quite a bit. For chins I raised the bar to squat height
and did them that way. For dips, I was going to build an attachment that
was interchangeable with the preacher bench but I use 2 chairs for dips and
I find it works great even for weighted dips. Put weights on the chairs for
some stability. I still have my system and use it occasionally, and I still
like it. I would recommend it to anyone. The only thing I am not sure of
is how the prospot works for spotting. Its hard to see in the pic but looks
like a cable system, which may work fine, but mine has an arm on each side
of the unit that can be moved up or down depending on what you are doing,
which, I personally, would trust more. But I would have to see it to make
that judgement. HTH.

Where are you located?

cory
July 18th 03, 07:27 PM
"Phil" > wrote in message
om...

> Thanks. Don't worry, I'm just looking around to buy a good power
> cage. What is your system called?

Sorry, I am not sure.

> I just think the ProSpot looks neat, and I think the regular prices
> are high, but the closeout price on the Home model not too bad. But
> it's still more expensive than a regular power cage, I'm just
> wondering if it's worth it or if anybody knows anything about them.
> I'm finding it hard to find any information about them other than what
> ProSpot says.

I say go for it, I dont think you would be disappointed with a system like
this. I did not use the pec deck on mine, but its there, but I used the
cable system(lat pulls, rows). Bench press of course, also has a preacher
bench, I used that quite a bit. For chins I raised the bar to squat height
and did them that way. For dips, I was going to build an attachment that
was interchangeable with the preacher bench but I use 2 chairs for dips and
I find it works great even for weighted dips. Put weights on the chairs for
some stability. I still have my system and use it occasionally, and I still
like it. I would recommend it to anyone. The only thing I am not sure of
is how the prospot works for spotting. Its hard to see in the pic but looks
like a cable system, which may work fine, but mine has an arm on each side
of the unit that can be moved up or down depending on what you are doing,
which, I personally, would trust more. But I would have to see it to make
that judgement. HTH.

Where are you located?

Phil
July 21st 03, 02:06 PM
"cory" > wrote in message >...
> "Phil" > wrote in message
> om...
> >
> > Thanks. Don't worry, I'm just looking around to buy a good power
> > cage. What is your system called?
>
> Sorry, I am not sure.
>

> > I just think the ProSpot looks neat, and I think the regular prices
> > are high, but the closeout price on the Home model not too bad. But
> > it's still more expensive than a regular power cage, I'm just
> > wondering if it's worth it or if anybody knows anything about them.
> > I'm finding it hard to find any information about them other than what
> > ProSpot says.
>
> I say go for it, I dont think you would be disappointed with a system like
> this. I did not use the pec deck on mine, but its there, but I used the
> cable system(lat pulls, rows). Bench press of course, also has a preacher
> bench, I used that quite a bit. For chins I raised the bar to squat height
> and did them that way. For dips, I was going to build an attachment that
> was interchangeable with the preacher bench but I use 2 chairs for dips and
> I find it works great even for weighted dips. Put weights on the chairs for
> some stability. I still have my system and use it occasionally, and I still
> like it. I would recommend it to anyone. The only thing I am not sure of
> is how the prospot works for spotting. Its hard to see in the pic but looks
> like a cable system, which may work fine, but mine has an arm on each side
> of the unit that can be moved up or down depending on what you are doing,
> which, I personally, would trust more. But I would have to see it to make
> that judgement. HTH.
>
> Where are you located?

I'm in ND. Sounds like you have a standard power cage? That's more
what I'm leaning towards now, the ProSpot looks neat and I'm sure it
works well, just don't want to spend the extra money on something
"neat". And since both home models are on closeout, I wonder if they
will be able to support their product in the years to come. If it
breaks I could be SOL.

The cables though look strong enough. There's actually backup cables
also, so I don't think that's an issue.

My biggest problem is my basement ceiling is only 7'. That makes
pullups tough on most machines. I have a power tower in my laundry
room right now and do pullups between the rafters. Havn't knocked
myself out yet...

Phil
July 21st 03, 02:06 PM