PDA

View Full Version : Source for playground rings?

Steve Freides
July 17th 03, 07:59 PM
Every time I go to a playground with my kids, I find myself drawn to
playing with the rings. Anyone have an online source for these things?
I've looked at the stores locally that sell swingsets and the like but
they don't every have the heavy duty, metal rings I see on playgrounds.

Thanks in advance.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Micky Snir
July 17th 03, 08:42 PM
"Steve Freides" > wrote in message
> Every time I go to a playground with my kids, I find myself drawn to
> playing with the rings. Anyone have an online source for these things?
> I've looked at the stores locally that sell swingsets and the like but
> they don't every have the heavy duty, metal rings I see on playgrounds.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> -S-
> http://www.kbnj.com

You did not know that Tyler Hass is selling them?
They're a hit! My (4) kids love them, but not as much as I do!
http://www.ringtraining.com/

Micky.

Micky Snir
July 17th 03, 08:42 PM
"Steve Freides" > wrote in message
> Every time I go to a playground with my kids, I find myself drawn to
> playing with the rings. Anyone have an online source for these things?
> I've looked at the stores locally that sell swingsets and the like but
> they don't every have the heavy duty, metal rings I see on playgrounds.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> -S-
> http://www.kbnj.com

You did not know that Tyler Hass is selling them?
They're a hit! My (4) kids love them, but not as much as I do!
http://www.ringtraining.com/

Micky.

Lee Michaels
July 17th 03, 08:50 PM
"Steve Freides" > wrote in message
> Every time I go to a playground with my kids, I find myself drawn to
> playing with the rings. Anyone have an online source for these things?
> I've looked at the stores locally that sell swingsets and the like but
> they don't every have the heavy duty, metal rings I see on playgrounds.

The commercial athletic supply places that supply schools, etc. usually
carry these items. I used to have a catalog but was unable to find it. I
had a friend who used to do this for a living. He had hundreds of catalogs.
You gave him a call, he would look it up and quote a price. If you bought
it, he would then order it. I remeger this item because I asked about it. He
showed me several sources.

Lee Michaels
July 17th 03, 08:50 PM
"Steve Freides" > wrote in message
> Every time I go to a playground with my kids, I find myself drawn to
> playing with the rings. Anyone have an online source for these things?
> I've looked at the stores locally that sell swingsets and the like but
> they don't every have the heavy duty, metal rings I see on playgrounds.

The commercial athletic supply places that supply schools, etc. usually
carry these items. I used to have a catalog but was unable to find it. I
had a friend who used to do this for a living. He had hundreds of catalogs.
You gave him a call, he would look it up and quote a price. If you bought
it, he would then order it. I remeger this item because I asked about it. He
showed me several sources.

Steve Freides
July 17th 03, 09:07 PM
I know about Tyler's but they don't look like they're intended for
outdoor use, which is where mine will be.

-S-

Micky Snir wrote:

> "Steve Freides" > wrote in message
> > Every time I go to a playground with my kids, I find myself drawn to
> > playing with the rings. Anyone have an online source for these things?
> > I've looked at the stores locally that sell swingsets and the like but
> > they don't every have the heavy duty, metal rings I see on playgrounds.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > -S-
> > http://www.kbnj.com
>
> You did not know that Tyler Hass is selling them?
> They're a hit! My (4) kids love them, but not as much as I do!
> http://www.ringtraining.com/
>
> Micky.

Steve Freides
July 17th 03, 09:08 PM
I found one source after a bit of poking around that was pretty helpful
and I ordered from them. $9 apiece for rings, another $1 apiece or so
for carabiner-type clips, and I'll buy some chain locally and hang them
up in the back yard. I ordered a few of the rings so that I can keep a
pair at kid height and another pair for me.

http://www.playkids.com

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Lee Michaels wrote:

> "Steve Freides" > wrote in message
> > Every time I go to a playground with my kids, I find myself drawn to
> > playing with the rings. Anyone have an online source for these things?
> > I've looked at the stores locally that sell swingsets and the like but
> > they don't every have the heavy duty, metal rings I see on playgrounds.
> >

> The commercial athletic supply places that supply schools, etc. usually
> carry these items. I used to have a catalog but was unable to find it. I
> had a friend who used to do this for a living. He had hundreds of catalogs.
> You gave him a call, he would look it up and quote a price. If you bought
> it, he would then order it. I remeger this item because I asked about it. He
> showed me several sources.

Jim
July 17th 03, 11:07 PM
google search of playground parts brought up this(and many others).

http://www.playsetparts.com/store/124/0/