PDA

View Full Version : Once a week training, lose gains

David
September 6th 04, 10:18 PM
I know if you train too much you won't gain muscle.

However, if you train too little, will you lose the muscle you have
gained?

If I train each muscle group only once per week, is that too much rest
between workouts to where I would start losing those muscle gains
before my next routine for that muscle group?

Jim
September 6th 04, 11:18 PM
"David" > wrote in message
om...
> I know if you train too much you won't gain muscle.
>
> However, if you train too little, will you lose the muscle you have
> gained?
>
> If I train each muscle group only once per week, is that too much rest
> between workouts to where I would start losing those muscle gains
> before my next routine for that muscle group?

You probably wont lose anything but you wouldnt gain
either,roughly,depending.

Jim

Ben Gussey
September 7th 04, 04:27 AM
"David" > wrote in message
om...
> I know if you train too much you won't gain muscle.
>
> However, if you train too little, will you lose the muscle you have
> gained?
>
> If I train each muscle group only once per week, is that too much rest
> between workouts to where I would start losing those muscle gains
> before my next routine for that muscle group?

I read a study that stated that doing a full body workout once a week, will
maintain your muscle.

Also, HIT uses the principle of muscle groups once a week to gain muscle.
Whilst not my favoured routine, there is obviously some validity to it.

Regards,
Ben.

David
September 7th 04, 03:25 PM
"Ben Gussey" > wrote in message >...
> "David" > wrote in message
> om...
> > I know if you train too much you won't gain muscle.
> >
> > However, if you train too little, will you lose the muscle you have
> > gained?
> >
> > If I train each muscle group only once per week, is that too much rest
> > between workouts to where I would start losing those muscle gains
> > before my next routine for that muscle group?
>
> I read a study that stated that doing a full body workout once a week, will
> maintain your muscle.
>
> Also, HIT uses the principle of muscle groups once a week to gain muscle.
> Whilst not my favoured routine, there is obviously some validity to it.
>
> Regards,
> Ben.

Thanks guys.