PDA

View Full Version : workout meals without maltodextrine?

Bob Pit
September 13th 04, 12:42 AM
I read some articles with detailed enough instructions on how to prepare
pre-workout and post-workout meals. FOr carbohydrates they recommend 50%
dextrose and 50% maltodextrine. The solution I think it should be around
9%.

My problem is that I cannot find affordable maltodextrine here in Greece (it
will cost me about 20 euro / kgr).

Can somebody show me an article or maybe give me detailed instructions for
those meals, without the maltodextrine? Is it important to have a solution
of about 9%? I guess 9% by weight, including dextrose, glutamine, creatine
and whey together.

Thanks
Bob Pit

Justin Case
September 13th 04, 06:22 PM
"Bob Pit" > wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I read some articles with detailed enough instructions on how to prepare
> pre-workout and post-workout meals. FOr carbohydrates they recommend 50%
> dextrose and 50% maltodextrine. The solution I think it should be around
> 9%.
>
> My problem is that I cannot find affordable maltodextrine here in Greece (it
> will cost me about 20 euro / kgr).
>
> Can somebody show me an article or maybe give me detailed instructions for
> those meals, without the maltodextrine? Is it important to have a solution
> of about 9%? I guess 9% by weight, including dextrose, glutamine, creatine
> and whey together.

Bob,

9% protein is probably irrelevent. I try to get twice as much carbs
as protein. Anything else you add to it is just whatever dosage
you'd use.
You mentioned maltodextrin is a probelm; what about dextrose? Same deal?
Neither one is manditory anyway. If you can't get either, use what
you do have. Gatorade powder,OJ, FF frozen yoghurt w/ a banana....