PDA

View Full Version : taking a week off

mike avera
September 12th 04, 07:41 PM
is it a good idea to take a full week off every so often?

Martin Shuster
September 12th 04, 07:57 PM
On 2004-09-12 14:41:39 -0400, (mike avera) said:

> is it a good idea to take a full week off every so often?

Yes, definitely.

I take a week off every 8-10 weeks.

It's good for your joints and for your mind.

--

Martin Shuster

vanity at jhu dot edu

*printed on recycled electrons*

Adam Lipschultz
September 13th 04, 06:30 AM
> It's good for your joints and for your mind.

When joints start to hurt (and that usually means more than one) I find that
swimming (my preference) or other exercises that are more 'balance' and
'form' oriented do wonders. That's only if you 'go crazy' like me when you
can't work out because your body is saying 'no more!'

-Adam

mike avera
September 13th 04, 10:08 PM
...and on that note..during my week off should i curb my eating habits
and not ingest so many calories/protein? thanks!

Adam Lipschultz
September 14th 04, 04:09 AM
> ..and on that note..during my week off should i curb my eating habits
> and not ingest so many calories/protein? thanks!

It really all depends on what kind of program you are doing, what your
eating habits are, etc. In general though, I guess the answer is no. But,
for instance, if you train by eating a lot of carbohydrates in the morning
(say 100g) and then do a hardcore wokkout followed by eating a lot of
protein (say 50 g spaced out), you definitely would want to change the way
you structured your meals. In this case, you probably would just want to
balance your meals (a rough equal amount of fat/protein/carbs) and
definitely reduce the number of carbs you take in.

If you are already eating balanced meals, but you eat a lot of it while you
are working out to put on mass, you probably don't need to change (maybe eat
just a little less).

-Adam