PDA

View Full Version : More Hollywood lies about height etc.

Robert Schuh
September 13th 04, 06:54 AM
I have no idea why these guys keep up this ****, but the latest I heard
was LL Cool J on Dan Patrick's radio show claim that he was 6'3" tall.
Well, I just finished watching SWAT. Colin Farrel is about 5'8" and old
LL is about 1" taller, 2" at the most. He is also about 2" shorter than
Samuel L. Jackson, so that would mean he is 6'5". Are all these ****ers
that insecure with themselves?

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

Keith Hobman
September 13th 04, 02:18 PM
In article >, Robert Schuh
> wrote:

> I have no idea why these guys keep up this ****, but the latest I heard
> was LL Cool J on Dan Patrick's radio show claim that he was 6'3" tall.
> Well, I just finished watching SWAT. Colin Farrel is about 5'8" and old
> LL is about 1" taller, 2" at the most. He is also about 2" shorter than
> Samuel L. Jackson, so that would mean he is 6'5". Are all these ****ers
> that insecure with themselves?

Or it's a variation of the "2-20" rule for football and their publicists
insist they perpetuate the lie. Keep their fans happy.

It isn't just actors. Every 40 year old I know could bench 350 lbs or more
when they were in high school.

Pat Styles
September 13th 04, 03:04 PM
"Keith Hobman" > wrote in message
> In article >, Robert Schuh
> > wrote:
>
> > I have no idea why these guys keep up this ****, but the latest I heard
> > was LL Cool J on Dan Patrick's radio show claim that he was 6'3" tall.
> > Well, I just finished watching SWAT. Colin Farrel is about 5'8" and old
> > LL is about 1" taller, 2" at the most. He is also about 2" shorter than
> > Samuel L. Jackson, so that would mean he is 6'5". Are all these ****ers
> > that insecure with themselves?
>
> Or it's a variation of the "2-20" rule for football and their publicists
> insist they perpetuate the lie. Keep their fans happy.
>
> It isn't just actors. Every 40 year old I know could bench 350 lbs or more
> when they were in high school.

Not me.
ps

zxcv
September 13th 04, 03:28 PM
Robert Schuh > wrote in message >...
> I have no idea why these guys keep up this ****, but the latest I heard
> was LL Cool J on Dan Patrick's radio show claim that he was 6'3" tall.
> Well, I just finished watching SWAT. Colin Farrel is about 5'8" and old
> LL is about 1" taller, 2" at the most. He is also about 2" shorter than
> Samuel L. Jackson, so that would mean he is 6'5". Are all these ****ers
> that insecure with themselves?

I have a relative that works in movies (not an actor) that had his
picture taken with Dustin Hoffman but Hoffman would only allow the
picture if he appeared taller by standing on a step or something.

I saw an article a few years ago that showed actual verses claimed
height for various actors that went something like:

Actor X: claimed 6', actual 5'8"
Actor Y: claimed 6'2", actual 5'11"
Actor Z: claimed 5'10", actual 5'4"

and then

Robert DeNiro: claimed 5'9", actual 5'9"

John Hanson
September 13th 04, 04:40 PM
On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 07:18:28 -0600, (Keith Hobman)
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>In article >, Robert Schuh
> wrote:
>
>> I have no idea why these guys keep up this ****, but the latest I heard
>> was LL Cool J on Dan Patrick's radio show claim that he was 6'3" tall.
>> Well, I just finished watching SWAT. Colin Farrel is about 5'8" and old
>> LL is about 1" taller, 2" at the most. He is also about 2" shorter than
>> Samuel L. Jackson, so that would mean he is 6'5". Are all these ****ers
>> that insecure with themselves?
>
>Or it's a variation of the "2-20" rule for football and their publicists
>insist they perpetuate the lie. Keep their fans happy.
>
>It isn't just actors. Every 40 year old I know could bench 350 lbs or more
>when they were in high school.

255 for me but I won't be 40 for another month and a half.

David Cohen
September 13th 04, 06:01 PM
"Robert Schuh" > wrote
> I have no idea why these guys keep up this ****, but the latest I heard
> was LL Cool J on Dan Patrick's radio show claim that he was 6'3" tall.
> Well, I just finished watching SWAT. Colin Farrel is about 5'8" and old
> LL is about 1" taller, 2" at the most. He is also about 2" shorter than
> Samuel L. Jackson, so that would mean he is 6'5". Are all these ****ers
> that insecure with themselves?

Everybody knows all those steroids stunt your growth :)

David

zxcv
September 13th 04, 08:05 PM
(Keith Hobman) wrote in message >...
> In article >, Robert Schuh
> > wrote:
>
> > I have no idea why these guys keep up this ****, but the latest I heard
> > was LL Cool J on Dan Patrick's radio show claim that he was 6'3" tall.
> > Well, I just finished watching SWAT. Colin Farrel is about 5'8" and old
> > LL is about 1" taller, 2" at the most. He is also about 2" shorter than
> > Samuel L. Jackson, so that would mean he is 6'5". Are all these ****ers
> > that insecure with themselves?
>
> Or it's a variation of the "2-20" rule for football and their publicists
> insist they perpetuate the lie. Keep their fans happy.
>
> It isn't just actors. Every 40 year old I know could bench 350 lbs or more
> when they were in high school.

What is the "2-20" rule?

Keith Hobman
September 13th 04, 08:35 PM
In article >,
(zxcv) wrote:

> (Keith Hobman) wrote in message
> > In article >, Robert Schuh
> > > wrote:
> >
> > > I have no idea why these guys keep up this ****, but the latest I heard
> > > was LL Cool J on Dan Patrick's radio show claim that he was 6'3" tall.
> > > Well, I just finished watching SWAT. Colin Farrel is about 5'8" and old
> > > LL is about 1" taller, 2" at the most. He is also about 2" shorter than
> > > Samuel L. Jackson, so that would mean he is 6'5". Are all these ****ers
> > > that insecure with themselves?
> >
> > Or it's a variation of the "2-20" rule for football and their publicists
> > insist they perpetuate the lie. Keep their fans happy.
> >
> > It isn't just actors. Every 40 year old I know could bench 350 lbs or more
> > when they were in high school.
>
> What is the "2-20" rule?

Add 2" and 20 lbs. Only exception is if the player is over 6'5 and 330 lbs
or so.

Done everywhere.

--
Dawn's cold kiss calls me
Forth I creep, blindly stumbling

Robert Schuh
September 14th 04, 04:17 AM
Keith Hobman wrote:

> In article >, Robert Schuh
> > wrote:
>
> > I have no idea why these guys keep up this ****, but the latest I heard
> > was LL Cool J on Dan Patrick's radio show claim that he was 6'3" tall.
> > Well, I just finished watching SWAT. Colin Farrel is about 5'8" and old
> > LL is about 1" taller, 2" at the most. He is also about 2" shorter than
> > Samuel L. Jackson, so that would mean he is 6'5". Are all these ****ers
> > that insecure with themselves?
>
> Or it's a variation of the "2-20" rule for football and their publicists
> insist they perpetuate the lie. Keep their fans happy.
>
> It isn't just actors. Every 40 year old I know could bench 350 lbs or more
> when they were in high school.

Keith,
The best was back when I was competing, just about everyone knew someone who
was bigger than I was and they could kick my ass. I always asked them it they
thought I cared. They never had a come back for that. :-)

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

Robert Schuh
September 14th 04, 04:18 AM
David Cohen wrote:

> "Robert Schuh" > wrote
> > I have no idea why these guys keep up this ****, but the latest I heard
> > was LL Cool J on Dan Patrick's radio show claim that he was 6'3" tall.
> > Well, I just finished watching SWAT. Colin Farrel is about 5'8" and old
> > LL is about 1" taller, 2" at the most. He is also about 2" shorter than
> > Samuel L. Jackson, so that would mean he is 6'5". Are all these ****ers
> > that insecure with themselves?
>
> Everybody knows all those steroids stunt your growth :)
>
> David

They do if you take them at age 14! :-)

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

Lenny Lennerson
September 14th 04, 04:19 AM
(zxcv) wrote in message >...
> Robert Schuh > wrote in message >...
> > I have no idea why these guys keep up this ****, but the latest I heard
> > was LL Cool J on Dan Patrick's radio show claim that he was 6'3" tall.
> > Well, I just finished watching SWAT. Colin Farrel is about 5'8" and old
> > LL is about 1" taller, 2" at the most. He is also about 2" shorter than
> > Samuel L. Jackson, so that would mean he is 6'5". Are all these ****ers
> > that insecure with themselves?
>
> I have a relative that works in movies (not an actor) that had his
> picture taken with Dustin Hoffman but Hoffman would only allow the
> picture if he appeared taller by standing on a step or something.
>
> I saw an article a few years ago that showed actual verses claimed
> height for various actors that went something like:
>
> Actor X: claimed 6', actual 5'8"
> Actor Y: claimed 6'2", actual 5'11"
> Actor Z: claimed 5'10", actual 5'4"
>
> and then
>
> Robert DeNiro: claimed 5'9", actual 5'9"

- YA! I love that guy.

Jay
September 14th 04, 05:47 PM

> 255 for me but I won't be 40 for another month and a half.

you have time to improve or forget then.

Nina
September 14th 04, 08:17 PM
On 13 Sep 2004 07:28:56 -0700, (zxcv) wrote:

>Robert Schuh > wrote in message >...
>> I have no idea why these guys keep up this ****, but the latest I heard
>> was LL Cool J on Dan Patrick's radio show claim that he was 6'3" tall.
>> Well, I just finished watching SWAT. Colin Farrel is about 5'8" and old
>> LL is about 1" taller, 2" at the most. He is also about 2" shorter than
>> Samuel L. Jackson, so that would mean he is 6'5". Are all these ****ers
>> that insecure with themselves?
>
>I have a relative that works in movies (not an actor) that had his
>picture taken with Dustin Hoffman but Hoffman would only allow the
>picture if he appeared taller by standing on a step or something.
>
>I saw an article a few years ago that showed actual verses claimed
>height for various actors that went something like:
>
>Actor X: claimed 6', actual 5'8"
>Actor Y: claimed 6'2", actual 5'11"
>Actor Z: claimed 5'10", actual 5'4"
>
>and then
>
>Robert DeNiro: claimed 5'9", actual 5'9"

This isn't just actors (but yes, a lot of them are much shorter than
you expect, although occasionally you come across someone who is huger
in person - Julie Strain comes to minds - a freakin' amazon!) but
regular plain ol' folk, too. In internet personal ads, men almost
always lie about height, giving themselves and extra 2-3 inches. And
women lie about weight. Shocking!

Cheers,
Nina
delicious! evil! calorie free!
http://www.theslack.com

Donovan Rebbechi
September 14th 04, 08:59 PM
On 2004-09-13, zxcv > wrote:
> Robert Schuh > wrote in message >...
>> I have no idea why these guys keep up this ****, but the latest I heard
>> was LL Cool J on Dan Patrick's radio show claim that he was 6'3" tall.
>> Well, I just finished watching SWAT. Colin Farrel is about 5'8" and old
>> LL is about 1" taller, 2" at the most. He is also about 2" shorter than
>> Samuel L. Jackson, so that would mean he is 6'5". Are all these ****ers
>> that insecure with themselves?
>
> I have a relative that works in movies (not an actor) that had his
> picture taken with Dustin Hoffman but Hoffman would only allow the
> picture if he appeared taller by standing on a step or something.
>
> I saw an article a few years ago that showed actual verses claimed
> height for various actors that went something like:
>
> Actor X: claimed 6', actual 5'8"
> Actor Y: claimed 6'2", actual 5'11"
> Actor Z: claimed 5'10", actual 5'4"
>
> and then
>
> Robert DeNiro: claimed 5'9", actual 5'9"

Just for a laugh, I looked up Tom Cruise. For the most part, it's
claimed that he is 5'7" and weighs ... 201lb !!! I found this very
amusing -- this makes most elite sprinters look skinny. Except for
one source which puts his weight at 170lb ... and his height at 5'9".
Yeah right.

The google search for Tom's stats even turned up some articles on
BMI arguing that it's a bad standard because as everyone "knows",
Tom Cruises weighs in at 201lb, therefore he has a BMI of >30
(bwahahahaha)

Cheers,
--
Donovan Rebbechi
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/

John Hanson
September 15th 04, 03:34 AM
On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:47:28 GMT, "Jay" > wrote in
misc.fitness.weights:

>> 255 for me but I won't be 40 for another month and a half.
>
>you have time to improve or forget then.

I was thinking about making a post on my birthday and reminiscing
about my "old" powerlifting days when I was a teenager. I was going
to wax poetically about my 355 pound bench when I was 17.

John Hanson
September 15th 04, 03:36 AM
On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 19:59:44 +0000 (UTC), Donovan Rebbechi
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>On 2004-09-13, zxcv > wrote:
>> Robert Schuh > wrote in message >...
>>> I have no idea why these guys keep up this ****, but the latest I heard
>>> was LL Cool J on Dan Patrick's radio show claim that he was 6'3" tall.
>>> Well, I just finished watching SWAT. Colin Farrel is about 5'8" and old
>>> LL is about 1" taller, 2" at the most. He is also about 2" shorter than
>>> Samuel L. Jackson, so that would mean he is 6'5". Are all these ****ers
>>> that insecure with themselves?
>>
>> I have a relative that works in movies (not an actor) that had his
>> picture taken with Dustin Hoffman but Hoffman would only allow the
>> picture if he appeared taller by standing on a step or something.
>>
>> I saw an article a few years ago that showed actual verses claimed
>> height for various actors that went something like:
>>
>> Actor X: claimed 6', actual 5'8"
>> Actor Y: claimed 6'2", actual 5'11"
>> Actor Z: claimed 5'10", actual 5'4"
>>
>> and then
>>
>> Robert DeNiro: claimed 5'9", actual 5'9"
>
>Just for a laugh, I looked up Tom Cruise. For the most part, it's
>claimed that he is 5'7" and weighs ... 201lb !!! I found this very
>amusing -- this makes most elite sprinters look skinny. Except for
>one source which puts his weight at 170lb ... and his height at 5'9".
>Yeah right.
>
>The google search for Tom's stats even turned up some articles on
>BMI arguing that it's a bad standard because as everyone "knows",
>Tom Cruises weighs in at 201lb, therefore he has a BMI of >30
>(bwahahahaha)

I heard he was 5'5" or 5'6" at most.

Donovan Rebbechi
September 15th 04, 12:25 PM
On 2004-09-15, John Hanson > wrote:
>>The google search for Tom's stats even turned up some articles on
>>BMI arguing that it's a bad standard because as everyone "knows",
>>Tom Cruises weighs in at 201lb, therefore he has a BMI of >30
>>(bwahahahaha)
>>
> I heard he was 5'5" or 5'6" at most.

That sounds about right to me. When he stands next to female characters, he
doesn't exactly tower over them.

The funny thin about his claimed height and weight is that Shawn Ray has
similar stats. Tom Cruise might blend in just fine at the average foo foo
gym -- but he'd look pretty funny standing next to Shawn in a pair of posing
trunks.

Cheers,
--
Donovan Rebbechi
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/

John HUDSON
September 15th 04, 01:09 PM
On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 11:25:24 +0000 (UTC), Donovan Rebbechi
> wrote:

>On 2004-09-15, John Hanson > wrote:
>>>The google search for Tom's stats even turned up some articles on
>>>BMI arguing that it's a bad standard because as everyone "knows",
>>>Tom Cruises weighs in at 201lb, therefore he has a BMI of >30
>>>(bwahahahaha)
>>>
>> I heard he was 5'5" or 5'6" at most.
>
>That sounds about right to me. When he stands next to female characters, he
>doesn't exactly tower over them.
>
>The funny thin about his claimed height and weight is that Shawn Ray has
>similar stats. Tom Cruise might blend in just fine at the average foo foo
>gym -- but he'd look pretty funny standing next to Shawn in a pair of posing
>trunks.

Apparently Tom's 'charms' are to be found in his outsize underpants!!
;o)