PDA

View Full Version : Workout Program Wanted!!

George
September 13th 04, 05:37 PM
Hi everyone...I'm currently 5'10", 157 lbs. I recently joined a local
gym and would appreciate if someone could recommend a good
weightlifting routine for me. My goal is to pack on some muscle mass,
but I'm not looking to be huge. I'd like to have a physique which has
nice muscle definition and a little size to it. Basically, I'd like to
fill out a shirt and look great without it. I've worked out before,
but was never able to see astounding results. I know all about how
much protein I need to ingest, but what about calories overall?
Perhaps someone can provide a routine which worked for them. Finally,
what type of cardio schedule would I need to maintain?

Thanks for the help!

Hugh Beyer
September 13th 04, 06:58 PM
(George) wrote in
m:

> Hi everyone...I'm currently 5'10", 157 lbs. I recently joined a local
> gym and would appreciate if someone could recommend a good
> weightlifting routine for me. My goal is to pack on some muscle mass,
> but I'm not looking to be huge. I'd like to have a physique which has
> nice muscle definition and a little size to it. Basically, I'd like to
> fill out a shirt and look great without it. I've worked out before,
> but was never able to see astounding results. I know all about how
> much protein I need to ingest, but what about calories overall?
> Perhaps someone can provide a routine which worked for them. Finally,
> what type of cardio schedule would I need to maintain?
>
> Thanks for the help!

Check out http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html for some good alternative
programs. Ignore the "this site is for women" stuff all over, don't know how
that got there.

You could also look at HST (http://www.hypertrophy-
specific.com/hst_index.html) but that's probably better left until you've
been at it a while.

Guessing based on height and weight, you can probably afford to gain weight
while lifting for a while to put on muscle. But don't worry about it too
much for a few months--first you want to get into the groove and learn the
various exercises with good form.

Hugh

--
One puppy had its dewclaws removed in the creation of this post, but for
reasons of hygene and it really doesn't hurt them at all.

geek_girl
September 14th 04, 03:05 AM
In > George wrote:
> Hi everyone...I'm currently 5'10", 157 lbs. I recently joined a local
> gym and would appreciate if someone could recommend a good
> weightlifting routine for me. My goal is to pack on some muscle mass,
> but I'm not looking to be huge. I'd like to have a physique which has
> nice muscle definition and a little size to it. Basically, I'd like to
> fill out a shirt and look great without it.

If you really want to fill out a shirt, make sure you eat plenty of soy
products.

Geezer From The Freezer
September 14th 04, 09:43 AM
geek_girl wrote:

> In > George wrote:
> > Hi everyone...I'm currently 5'10", 157 lbs. I recently joined a local
> > gym and would appreciate if someone could recommend a good
> > weightlifting routine for me. My goal is to pack on some muscle mass,
> > but I'm not looking to be huge. I'd like to have a physique which has
> > nice muscle definition and a little size to it. Basically, I'd like to
> > fill out a shirt and look great without it.
>
> If you really want to fill out a shirt, make sure you eat plenty of soy
> products.

ignore that comment. Soy is bad!

Top Sirloin
September 14th 04, 03:26 PM
Geezer From The Freezer wrote:

> geek_girl wrote:
>
>>In > George wrote:
>>
>>>Hi everyone...I'm currently 5'10", 157 lbs. I recently joined a local
>>>gym and would appreciate if someone could recommend a good
>>>weightlifting routine for me. My goal is to pack on some muscle mass,
>>>but I'm not looking to be huge. I'd like to have a physique which has
>>>nice muscle definition and a little size to it. Basically, I'd like to
>>>fill out a shirt and look great without it.
>>
>>If you really want to fill out a shirt, make sure you eat plenty of soy
>>products.
>

> ignore that comment. Soy is bad!

Are you denying soy's efficacy at filling out
t-shirts?

--
Scott Johnson / scottjohnson at kc dot rr dot com

bc
September 14th 04, 07:54 PM
Geezer From The Freezer > wrote in message >...
> geek_girl wrote:
> >
> > In > George wrote:
> > > Hi everyone...I'm currently 5'10", 157 lbs. I recently joined a local
> > > gym and would appreciate if someone could recommend a good
> > > weightlifting routine for me. My goal is to pack on some muscle mass,
> > > but I'm not looking to be huge. I'd like to have a physique which has
> > > nice muscle definition and a little size to it. Basically, I'd like to
> > > fill out a shirt and look great without it.
> >
> > If you really want to fill out a shirt, make sure you eat plenty of soy
> > products.
>
> ignore that comment. Soy is bad!

Well now, to sj's point, that depends on how you want to fill the
shirt, doesn't it?

- bc

jaialai_technology
September 14th 04, 07:59 PM
George wrote:
> Hi everyone...I'm currently 5'10", 157 lbs. I recently joined a local
> gym and would appreciate if someone could recommend a good
> weightlifting routine for me. My goal is to pack on some muscle mass,
> but I'm not looking to be huge. I'd like to have a physique which has
> nice muscle definition and a little size to it. Basically, I'd like to
> fill out a shirt and look great without it. I've worked out before,
> but was never able to see astounding results. I know all about how
> much protein I need to ingest, but what about calories overall?
> Perhaps someone can provide a routine which worked for them. Finally,
> what type of cardio schedule would I need to maintain?
>
> Thanks for the help!

www.bodybuilding.com has a nice database of workouts that you can query
and come up with one that matches your schedule and goals.