PDA

View Full Version : Joint Actions

Sally
September 14th 04, 09:39 AM
In the following joint actions, what are the synergist (assistant)
muscles and what are the fixator (stabiliser) muscles:

Hip flexion, hip extension, knee flexion, knee extension, ankle
plantar flexion & ankle dorsi flexion?

Thanks,

Sally

Lordy
September 14th 04, 10:33 AM
(Sally) wrote in
m:

> In the following joint actions, what are the synergist (assistant)
> muscles and what are the fixator (stabiliser) muscles:
>
> Hip flexion, hip extension, knee flexion, knee extension, ankle
> plantar flexion & ankle dorsi flexion?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sally

Surely not homework on mfw ???

--
Lordy

September 14th 04, 10:48 AM
I recommend the book Strength Training Anatomy by Frederic Delavier. ISBN:
0736041850

--
"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met."
-Rodney Dangerfield.

"Sally" > wrote in message
m...
> In the following joint actions, what are the synergist (assistant)
> muscles and what are the fixator (stabiliser) muscles:
>
> Hip flexion, hip extension, knee flexion, knee extension, ankle
> plantar flexion & ankle dorsi flexion?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sally

Keith Hobman
September 14th 04, 03:05 PM
In article >,
(Sally) wrote:

> In the following joint actions, what are the synergist (assistant)
> muscles and what are the fixator (stabiliser) muscles:
>
> Hip flexion, hip extension, knee flexion, knee extension, ankle
> plantar flexion & ankle dorsi flexion?

I'll let you do your own homework, but in the real world the stabilizer to
a certain degree and the fixator to a larger degree depend not only on the
joint action, but the vector force is being applied to.

--
My advice and opinions reflect my personality and goals.
I have no desire to cover my ass and all the bases with

Steve Freides
September 14th 04, 04:09 PM
"Sally" > wrote in message
m...
> In the following joint actions, what are the synergist (assistant)
> muscles and what are the fixator (stabiliser) muscles:
>
> Hip flexion, hip extension, knee flexion, knee extension, ankle
> plantar flexion & ankle dorsi flexion?

Try http://www.exrx.net. E.g.,
http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/GluteusMaximus/BBDeadlift.html shows
which muscles are involved and how in the barbell deadlift.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

bc
September 14th 04, 10:52 PM
> wrote in message >...
> I recommend the book Strength Training Anatomy by Frederic Delavier. ISBN:
> 0736041850
>
> --
> "My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met."
> -Rodney Dangerfield.
> Free ipod? http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=8081838
>

> "Sally" > wrote in message
> m...
> > In the following joint actions, what are the synergist (assistant)
> > muscles and what are the fixator (stabiliser) muscles:
> >
> > Hip flexion, hip extension, knee flexion, knee extension, ankle
> > plantar flexion & ankle dorsi flexion?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Sally

I have the book, so for the right price, I might be willing to take a peek.

- bc