PDA

View Full Version : Increase you max life

Tiger Hillside
September 14th 04, 10:22 PM
I figured out a foolproof way to increase your max lift by several %
points. It is really quite simple. Take your weights to the tallest
building in your area, take the elevator to the top of the building,
and start your life as soon as the elevator starts down. I will offer
more help when I can think of it.

David Cohen
September 14th 04, 10:30 PM
"Tiger Hillside" > wrote
<snip absolutely nothing about max life>

I thought you were going to discuss Dr Roy Walford and calorie restriction
and increaed maximum life span, but, you didn't.

Of course, it didn't work so well for Walford, who died in April.

David

Proton Soup
September 14th 04, 10:34 PM
On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 21:22:23 GMT, Tiger Hillside
> wrote:

>I figured out a foolproof way to increase your max lift by several %
>points. It is really quite simple. Take your weights to the tallest
>building in your area, take the elevator to the top of the building,
>and start your life as soon as the elevator starts down. I will offer
>more help when I can think of it.

Lifting on an airliner as it flies a parabolic path works best.

-----------
Proton Soup

"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum."

Stephen Mulholland
September 14th 04, 10:55 PM
"David Cohen" > wrote in message
k.net...

> "Tiger Hillside" > wrote
> <snip absolutely nothing about max life>
>
> I thought you were going to discuss Dr Roy Walford and calorie restriction
> and increaed maximum life span, but, you didn't.
>
> Of course, it didn't work so well for Walford, who died in April.

Aged 217.

Stephen

> David

---

David Cohen
September 15th 04, 12:57 AM
"Stephen Mulholland" > wrote
> "David Cohen" > wrote > >
> > "Tiger Hillside" > wrote
> > <snip absolutely nothing about max life>
> >
> > I thought you were going to discuss Dr Roy Walford and calorie
restriction
> > and increased maximum life span, but, you didn't.
> >
> > Of course, it didn't work so well for Walford, who died in April.
>
> Aged 217.

Height 5 foot 11 inch.

Weight 24 pounds.

David

Tiger Hillside
September 15th 04, 12:58 AM
On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:34:40 -0500, Proton Soup >
wrote:

>On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 21:22:23 GMT, Tiger Hillside
> wrote:
>
>>I figured out a foolproof way to increase your max lift by several %
>>points. It is really quite simple. Take your weights to the tallest
>>building in your area, take the elevator to the top of the building,
>>and start your life as soon as the elevator starts down. I will offer
>>more help when I can think of it.
>
>Lifting on an airliner as it flies a parabolic path works best.

See, now there is the value of the Internet, open collaboration. I had
not thought of an airplane. I have to remember that.

David Cohen
September 15th 04, 03:36 AM
"DZ" > wrote
> David Cohen > wrote:
> > "Tiger Hillside" > wrote
> ><snip absolutely nothing about max life>
> >
> > I thought you were going to discuss Dr Roy Walford and calorie
restriction
> > and increaed maximum life span, but, you didn't.
> >
> > Of course, it didn't work so well for Walford, who died in April.
>
> He died of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Clonk yourself on the head
> with a rock and see how long you live.

I thought CR was supposed to make you invulnerable, like Superman...or Iron
Giant.

So, in other words, if you severely restrict the pleasure of eating, and do
two hours of cardio a day, and take your vitamins, and minerals, and herbs,
and hormones, and stay out of the sun, and lift weights three times a week,
and get annual blood tests and medical exams and full body MRI's...you can
STILL get hit by a bus and killed?

Damn!

David

Lyle McDonald
September 15th 04, 04:48 AM
David Cohen wrote:
> "DZ" > wrote
>
>>David Cohen > wrote:
>>
>>>"Tiger Hillside" > wrote
>>><snip absolutely nothing about max life>
>>>
>>>I thought you were going to discuss Dr Roy Walford and calorie
>
> restriction
>
>>>and increaed maximum life span, but, you didn't.
>>>
>>>Of course, it didn't work so well for Walford, who died in April.
>>
>>He died of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Clonk yourself on the head
>>with a rock and see how long you live.
>

> I thought CR was supposed to make you invulnerable, like Superman...or Iron
> Giant.
>
> So, in other words, if you severely restrict the pleasure of eating, and do
> two hours of cardio a day, and take your vitamins, and minerals, and herbs,
> and hormones, and stay out of the sun, and lift weights three times a week,
> and get annual blood tests and medical exams and full body MRI's...you can
> STILL get hit by a bus and killed?

Roomates in college gave me a button once

"Eat right, exercise, and diet anyway."

It's just with CR you get to be cold, hungry and miserable while you do it.

Lyle

John HUDSON
September 15th 04, 07:51 AM
On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 03:28:42 GMT, DZ
> wrote:

>David Cohen > wrote:

>>> He died of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Clonk yourself on the head
>>> with a rock and see how long you live.
>>
>> I thought CR was supposed to make you invulnerable, like Superman...or Iron
>> Giant.
>>
>> So, in other words, if you severely restrict the pleasure of eating, and do
>> two hours of cardio a day, and take your vitamins, and minerals, and herbs,
>> and hormones, and stay out of the sun, and lift weights three times a week,
>> and get annual blood tests and medical exams and full body MRI's...you can
>> STILL get hit by a bus and killed?
>>
>> Damn!
>
>I don't know but I'm not excluding the possibility that you feel
>guilty for what you said.

Whenever you are feeling good about life, and have found a positive
way of living it to the full, some rotten ******* always pops up to
remind you just how vulnerable we all are, and that we are all going
to die anyway!! ;o(

David Cohen
September 15th 04, 09:05 AM
"DZ" > wrote in message
> David Cohen > wrote:

> >> He died of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Clonk yourself on the head
> >> with a rock and see how long you live.
> >
> > I thought CR was supposed to make you invulnerable, like Superman...or
Iron
> > Giant.
> >
> > So, in other words, if you severely restrict the pleasure of eating, and
do
> > two hours of cardio a day, and take your vitamins, and minerals, and
herbs,
> > and hormones, and stay out of the sun, and lift weights three times a
week,
> > and get annual blood tests and medical exams and full body MRI's...you
can
> > STILL get hit by a bus and killed?
> >
> > Damn!
>
> I don't know but I'm not excluding the possibility that you feel
> guilty for what you said.

Yeah, the odds of that are are at least slightly above zilch, nada, or zip.

David

David Cohen
September 15th 04, 09:07 AM
"Lyle McDonald" > wrote
> David Cohen wrote:

> > restriction

> >>He died of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Clonk yourself on the head
> >>with a rock and see how long you live.
> >

> > I thought CR was supposed to make you invulnerable, like Superman...or
Iron
> > Giant.
> >
> > So, in other words, if you severely restrict the pleasure of eating, and
do
> > two hours of cardio a day, and take your vitamins, and minerals, and
herbs,
> > and hormones, and stay out of the sun, and lift weights three times a
week,
> > and get annual blood tests and medical exams and full body MRI's...you
can
> > STILL get hit by a bus and killed?
>
> Roomates in college gave me a button once
>
> "Eat right, exercise, and diet anyway."
>
> It's just with CR you get to be cold, hungry and miserable while you do
it.

Stop bitching and eat your lettuce leaf, half a celery stalk, and one
carbonzo bean.

David

bc
September 15th 04, 05:30 PM
John HUDSON > wrote in message >...
> On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 03:28:42 GMT, DZ
> > wrote:
>
> >David Cohen > wrote:
> >> "DZ" wrote

> >> I thought CR was supposed to make you invulnerable, like Superman...or Iron
> >> Giant.
> >>
> >> So, in other words, if you severely restrict the pleasure of eating, and do
> >> two hours of cardio a day, and take your vitamins, and minerals, and herbs,
> >> and hormones, and stay out of the sun, and lift weights three times a week,
> >> and get annual blood tests and medical exams and full body MRI's...you can
> >> STILL get hit by a bus and killed?
> >>
> >> Damn!
> >
> >I don't know but I'm not excluding the possibility that you feel
> >guilty for what you said.
>
> Whenever you are feeling good about life, and have found a positive
> way of living it to the full, some rotten ******* always pops up to
> remind you just how vulnerable we all are, and that we are all going
> to die anyway!! ;o(

All the more reason to live life to the full and enjoy it.

- bc

Lyle McDonald
September 15th 04, 05:47 PM
David Cohen wrote:
> "Lyle McDonald" > wrote
>
>>David Cohen wrote:
>>
>>>"DZ" > wrote

>>>restriction

>>>I thought CR was supposed to make you invulnerable, like Superman...or
>
> Iron
>
>>>Giant.
>>>
>>>So, in other words, if you severely restrict the pleasure of eating, and
>
> do
>
>>>two hours of cardio a day, and take your vitamins, and minerals, and
>
> herbs,
>
>>>and hormones, and stay out of the sun, and lift weights three times a
>
> week,
>
>>>and get annual blood tests and medical exams and full body MRI's...you
>
> can
>
>>>STILL get hit by a bus and killed?
>>
>>Roomates in college gave me a button once
>>
>>"Eat right, exercise, and diet anyway."
>>
>>It's just with CR you get to be cold, hungry and miserable while you do
>
> it.
>
> Stop bitching and eat your lettuce leaf, half a celery stalk, and one
> carbonzo bean.

A WHOLE garbanzo bean?
You trying to put me in an early grave or what?

I'm hurt.

Maybe half a garbanzo every other day.

Lyle

John HUDSON
September 15th 04, 06:00 PM
On 15 Sep 2004 09:30:43 -0700, (bc)
wrote:

>John HUDSON > wrote in message >...
>> On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 03:28:42 GMT, DZ
>> > wrote:

>> >I don't know but I'm not excluding the possibility that you feel
>> >guilty for what you said.
>>
>> Whenever you are feeling good about life, and have found a positive
>> way of living it to the full, some rotten ******* always pops up to
>> remind you just how vulnerable we all are, and that we are all going
>> to die anyway!! ;o(
>
>All the more reason to live life to the full and enjoy it.

I'll drink to that!! ;o)

Stephen Mulholland
September 15th 04, 06:35 PM
"David Cohen" > wrote in message
k.net...

> "Stephen Mulholland" > wrote
> > "David Cohen" > wrote > >
> > > "Tiger Hillside" > wrote
> > > <snip absolutely nothing about max life>
> > >
> > > I thought you were going to discuss Dr Roy Walford and calorie
> restriction
> > > and increased maximum life span, but, you didn't.
> > >
> > > Of course, it didn't work so well for Walford, who died in April.
> >
> > Aged 217.
>
> Height 5 foot 11 inch.
>
> Weight 24 pounds.

He'd beefed up a bit, then, since his last televised interview.

Stephen

> David

---

David Cohen
September 15th 04, 06:55 PM
"DZ" > wrote
> David Cohen > wrote:

Superman...or
> > Iron

> > do
> > herbs,
> > week,
MRI's...you
> > can

> >> I don't know but I'm not excluding the possibility that you feel
> >> guilty for what you said.
> >
> > Yeah, the odds of that are are at least slightly above zilch, nada, or
zip.

> I'm still continuing with slightly not excluding the possibility that
> you feel guilty for what you said about Walford.
>
> But I'm going to stop reformatting your broken quotes at this point.

Whatever floats your boat, Skippy.

David

Dally
September 15th 04, 06:58 PM
Proton Soup wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 21:22:23 GMT, Tiger Hillside
> > wrote:
>

>>I figured out a foolproof way to increase your max lift by several %
>>points. It is really quite simple. Take your weights to the tallest
>>building in your area, take the elevator to the top of the building,
>>and start your life as soon as the elevator starts down. I will offer
>>more help when I can think of it.
>

> Lifting on an airliner as it flies a parabolic path works best.

Know where I can score some of those tickets?

Dally, ready for a new technique

Lee Michaels
September 15th 04, 07:02 PM
"Dally" > wrote

> Proton Soup wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 21:22:23 GMT, Tiger Hillside
> > > wrote:
> >

> >>I figured out a foolproof way to increase your max lift by several %
> >>points. It is really quite simple. Take your weights to the tallest
> >>building in your area, take the elevator to the top of the building,
> >>and start your life as soon as the elevator starts down. I will offer
> >>more help when I can think of it.
> >

> > Lifting on an airliner as it flies a parabolic path works best.
>
> Know where I can score some of those tickets?
>
> Dally, ready for a new technique

Saw something in the paper today.

A company is charging $3,000 for "weightless" flights. Like the famous
"vomit comet" of NASA fame, they will fly high and dive. This will give you
about half a minute of weighlessness.

For folks who have too much money.

John HUDSON
September 15th 04, 07:43 PM
On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 17:18:00 GMT, DZ
> wrote:

>John HUDSON > wrote:

>>>All the more reason to live life to the full and enjoy it.
>>
>> I'll drink to that!! ;o)
>
>In moderation, obviously. Wait... you gotta hold till Friday. What is
>it called - AROD (Alcohol Restricted Optimal Drinking) and ID
>(Intermittent Drinking)?

Nothing so complicated dear boy, it's just plain common sense to
organise one's social life round those times when one is not required
to concentrate on the mundane business of working for a living!!

It is also about always having something to look forward to, and it
also about keeping in shape and not ending up fat with a serious
problem with alcohol!!

As, of course, you well know DZ!! ;o)

Proton Soup
September 15th 04, 11:11 PM
On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 18:02:45 GMT, "Lee Michaels"

http://www.hobbyspace.com/Tourism/tourism2.html#Micrograv

>Saw something in the paper today.
>
>A company is charging $3,000 for "weightless" flights. Like the famous
>"vomit comet" of NASA fame, they will fly high and dive. This will give you
>about half a minute of weighlessness.
>
>For folks who have too much money.

-----------
Proton Soup

"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum."

Lyle McDonald
September 15th 04, 11:23 PM
Proton Soup wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 18:02:45 GMT, "Lee Michaels"
> > wrote:

>>>Know where I can score some of those tickets?
>>>
>>>Dally, ready for a new technique
>

> http://www.hobbyspace.com/Tourism/tourism2.html#Micrograv

I wonder if I coudl charge people like $3 to teach them how to time
jumping up as the elevator starts down to achieve about .5 seconds of
weightlessness.

Lyle

Proton Soup
September 15th 04, 11:35 PM
On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 16:23:11 -0600, Lyle McDonald
> wrote:

>Proton Soup wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 18:02:45 GMT, "Lee Michaels"
>> > wrote:
>>

>>>"Dally" > wrote

>> http://www.hobbyspace.com/Tourism/tourism2.html#Micrograv
>
>I wonder if I coudl charge people like $3 to teach them how to time
>jumping up as the elevator starts down to achieve about .5 seconds of
>weightlessness.

Sounds like a typical way to scam 1st graders out of their lunch money
to me. Try a school.

-----------
Proton Soup

"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum."

Dally
September 16th 04, 12:32 AM
Proton Soup wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 16:23:11 -0600, Lyle McDonald
> > wrote:
>

>>Proton Soup wrote:

>>>http://www.hobbyspace.com/Tourism/tourism2.html#Micrograv
>>
>>I wonder if I coudl charge people like $3 to teach them how to time
>>jumping up as the elevator starts down to achieve about .5 seconds of
>>weightlessness.
>

> Sounds like a typical way to scam 1st graders out of their lunch money
> to me. Try a school.
>
> -----------
> Proton Soup
>
> "Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum."

Nice to see you still posting. Are you evacuated? It's going to be a
btich losing power for the next week. Good luck facing down Ivan tonight.

Dally

Proton Soup
September 16th 04, 01:02 AM
On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 19:32:42 -0400, Dally > wrote:

>Proton Soup wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 16:23:11 -0600, Lyle McDonald
>> > wrote:

>>>I wonder if I coudl charge people like $3 to teach them how to time
>>>jumping up as the elevator starts down to achieve about .5 seconds of
>>>weightlessness.
>>

>> Sounds like a typical way to scam 1st graders out of their lunch money
>> to me. Try a school.
>>
>> -----------
>> Proton Soup
>>
>> "Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum."
>
>Nice to see you still posting. Are you evacuated? It's going to be a
>btich losing power for the next week. Good luck facing down Ivan tonight.
>
>Dally

Thanks, but I'm too far inland to give a worry.

-----------
Proton Soup

"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum."

John HUDSON
September 16th 04, 07:29 AM
On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 01:28:05 GMT, DZ
> wrote:

>John HUDSON > wrote:
>> DZ wrote:

>>>In moderation, obviously. Wait... you gotta hold till Friday. What is
>>>it called - AROD (Alcohol Restricted Optimal Drinking) and ID
>>>(Intermittent Drinking)?
>>
>> Nothing so complicated dear boy, it's just plain common sense to
>> organise one's social life round those times when one is not required
>> to concentrate on the mundane business of working for a living!!
>>
>> It is also about always having something to look forward to, and it
>> also about keeping in shape and not ending up fat with a serious
>> problem with alcohol!!
>>
>> As, of course, you well know DZ!! ;o)
>
>I actually don't criticize such life style and I have friends who do
>the same. But I don't need to drink, even in a drinking company.

Well there's the key word - "need"!! It's not about "needing" to
drink, it's about *wanting* to drink, because it's part of a culture
that I enjoy.

> I enjoy staying sharp well into the night - in case you didn't notice ;)

It's all about perception DZ, if I and my chums think we are "sharp"
when imbibing, then that's exactly what we are!! ;o)

>Time to go and do some squats now.

It's time you adopted a proper sleeping regime you night-owl!! ;o)

bc
September 16th 04, 05:57 PM
Lyle McDonald > wrote in message >...
> Proton Soup wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 18:02:45 GMT, "Lee Michaels"
> > > wrote:
> >

> >>"Dally" > wrote

> > http://www.hobbyspace.com/Tourism/tourism2.html#Micrograv
>
> I wonder if I coudl charge people like $3 to teach them how to time
> jumping up as the elevator starts down to achieve about .5 seconds of
> weightlessness.
>
> Lyle

I used to love how my little dog would run around once in a tight
circle when she got on an elevator. Then, she would decide it was
just crazy people stuff and settle down for the ride.

- bc