PDA

View Full Version : Kettlebells

Darth Cosmo
September 16th 04, 03:12 AM
Has anybody tried Kettlebells? I'm curious of the results that some of you
might have achieved. If you don't know what kettlebells are, you can learn
about them where I did: http://www.russiankettlebells.com.

-DC

Hoff
September 16th 04, 10:35 AM
"Darth Cosmo" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Has anybody tried Kettlebells? I'm curious of the results that some of
> you
> might have achieved. If you don't know what kettlebells are, you can
> learn
> about them where I did: http://www.russianspam.com.

Word to the wise, "Darth".

-s- has already staked his claim on the kettlebell spam concession here.

And you DON'T want to **** -s- off.

Hoff
--
Peanuts! Get yer Peanuts!
http://irongarm.org/Files_html_global/peanutgallery2.htm

Lee Michaels
September 16th 04, 12:35 PM
"Hoff" > wrote in message
> "Darth Cosmo" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Has anybody tried Kettlebells? I'm curious of the results that some of
> > you
> > might have achieved. If you don't know what kettlebells are, you can
> > learn
> > about them where I did: http://www.russianspam.com.
>
> Word to the wise, "Darth".
>
> -s- has already staked his claim on the kettlebell spam concession here.
>
> And you DON'T want to **** -s- off.

Which raises an interesting question.

How do two kettlebell spammers fight to the death?

Has Czar Pavel decreed the rules for this sort of thing?

Hoff
September 16th 04, 12:48 PM
"Lee Michaels" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s02...

> "Hoff" > wrote in message
> > "Darth Cosmo" > wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > Has anybody tried Kettlebells? I'm curious of the results that some of
> > > you
> > > might have achieved. If you don't know what kettlebells are, you can
> > > learn
> > > about them where I did: http://www.russianspam.com.
> >
> > Word to the wise, "Darth".
> >
> > -s- has already staked his claim on the kettlebell spam concession here.
> >
> > And you DON'T want to **** -s- off.
> >
> Which raises an interesting question.
>
> How do two kettlebell spammers fight to the death?
>
> Has Czar Pavel decreed the rules for this sort of thing?

I'm sure it's in the marketing plan somewhere:

http://www.sixfiguretrainingsuccess.com/

Hoff
--
Peanuts!! Get yer Peanuts!!
http://irongarm.org/Files_html_global/peanutgallery2.htm

David
September 16th 04, 01:16 PM
"Lee Michaels" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s02...

> "Hoff" > wrote in message
> > "Darth Cosmo" > wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > Has anybody tried Kettlebells? I'm curious of the results that some
of
> > > you
> > > might have achieved. If you don't know what kettlebells are, you can
> > > learn
> > > about them where I did: http://www.russianspam.com.
> >
> > Word to the wise, "Darth".
> >
> > -s- has already staked his claim on the kettlebell spam concession here.
> >
> > And you DON'T want to **** -s- off.
> >
> Which raises an interesting question.
>
> How do two kettlebell spammers fight to the death?
>
> Has Czar Pavel decreed the rules for this sort of thing?

Lee, just in case you are not aware, Hoff is a known troll - you would be
better off to ignore him. Just worried that you don;t make a stupid fool of
yourself.

September 16th 04, 01:24 PM
On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 19:12:23 -0700, "Darth Cosmo" >
wrote:

>Has anybody tried Kettlebells? I'm curious of the results that some of you
>might have achieved. If you don't know what kettlebells are, you can learn
>about them where I did: http://www.russiankettlebells.com.
>
>-DC

I've tried kettlebells. I use them as often as I do barbells,
dumbbells, and other types of strength-building equipment.

If you want to talk to others about KBs, you should go to
http://forum.dragondoor.com/training/

You'll find interesting articles at
http://www.dragondoor.com/cgi-bin/articles.pl?rm=mode2&topic=Kettlebells

I also recommend http://www.kbnj.com/
(Steve is a good guy. He'll talk to you about KBs on MFW, but expect
to be razzed by a number of unsupportive gents who think that
kettlebell enthusiasts are cult members who spend their money
unwisely.)

Lee Michaels
September 16th 04, 02:21 PM
> wrote

> (Steve is a good guy. He'll talk to you about KBs on MFW, but expect
> to be razzed by a number of unsupportive gents who think that
> kettlebell enthusiasts are cult members who spend their money
> unwisely.)

I take umbrage to this last statement.

I have never been or will ever be a "gent".

Pat Styles
September 16th 04, 03:25 PM
"Hoff" > wrote in message
> "Lee Michaels" > wrote in message
> news:GT[email protected]_s02...
> >
> > "Hoff" > wrote in message
> > > "Darth Cosmo" > wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]
> > >
> > > Word to the wise, "Darth".
> > >
> > > -s- has already staked his claim on the kettlebell spam concession here.
> > >
> > > And you DON'T want to **** -s- off.
> > >
> > Which raises an interesting question.
> >
> > How do two kettlebell spammers fight to the death?
> >
> > Has Czar Pavel decreed the rules for this sort of thing?
> >

> I'm sure it's in the marketing plan somewhere:
>
> http://www.sixfiguretrainingsuccess.com/
>
> Hoff

I think Steve needs to go back and re-read the "How to become a recognized
expert" section a few more times.
ps

bc
September 16th 04, 04:15 PM
"Hoff" > wrote in message >...
> "Darth Cosmo" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Has anybody tried Kettlebells? I'm curious of the results that some of
> > you
> > might have achieved. If you don't know what kettlebells are, you can
> > learn
> > about them where I did: http://www.russianspam.com.
>
> Word to the wise, "Darth".
>
> -s- has already staked his claim on the kettlebell spam concession here.
>
> And you DON'T want to **** -s- off.

In a Russian Galaxy, not far enough away, .... KettleWars!

- bc

September 16th 04, 10:57 PM
On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 13:21:50 GMT, "Lee Michaels"
> wrote:

> wrote
>
>> (Steve is a good guy. He'll talk to you about KBs on MFW, but expect
>> to be razzed by a number of unsupportive gents who think that
>> kettlebell enthusiasts are cult members who spend their money
>> unwisely.)
>>
>I take umbrage to this last statement.
>
>I have never been or will ever be a "gent".

I apologize. I don't know where I got the idea that the entire
anti-KB crowd here came from a certain port city in northwestern
Belgium.

John Hanson
September 16th 04, 11:48 PM
On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 12:24:11 GMT, wrote in
misc.fitness.weights:

>On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 19:12:23 -0700, "Darth Cosmo" >
>wrote:
>
>>Has anybody tried Kettlebells? I'm curious of the results that some of you
>>might have achieved. If you don't know what kettlebells are, you can learn
>>about them where I did: http://www.russiankettlebells.com.
>>
>>-DC
>>
>I've tried kettlebells. I use them as often as I do barbells,
>dumbbells, and other types of strength-building equipment.
>
>If you want to talk to others about KBs, you should go to
>http://forum.dragondoor.com/training/
>
>You'll find interesting articles at
>http://www.dragondoor.com/cgi-bin/articles.pl?rm=mode2&topic=Kettlebells
>
>I also recommend http://www.kbnj.com/
>(Steve is a good guy. He'll talk to you about KBs on MFW, but expect
>to be razzed by a number of unsupportive gents who think that
>kettlebell enthusiasts are cult members who spend their money
>unwisely.)

Not at all. I think everyone should come to St. Paul and spend a
bunch of money here. It's good for the local economy.

September 17th 04, 12:41 AM
On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 17:48:51 -0500, John Hanson
> wrote:

>On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 12:24:11 GMT, wrote in
>misc.fitness.weights:
>
>>On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 19:12:23 -0700, "Darth Cosmo" >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Has anybody tried Kettlebells? I'm curious of the results that some of you
>>>might have achieved. If you don't know what kettlebells are, you can learn
>>>about them where I did: http://www.russiankettlebells.com.
>>>
>>>-DC
>>>
>>I've tried kettlebells. I use them as often as I do barbells,
>>dumbbells, and other types of strength-building equipment.
>>
>>If you want to talk to others about KBs, you should go to
>>http://forum.dragondoor.com/training/
>>
>>You'll find interesting articles at
>>http://www.dragondoor.com/cgi-bin/articles.pl?rm=mode2&topic=Kettlebells
>>
>>I also recommend http://www.kbnj.com/
>>(Steve is a good guy. He'll talk to you about KBs on MFW, but expect
>>to be razzed by a number of unsupportive gents who think that
>>kettlebell enthusiasts are cult members who spend their money
>>unwisely.)
>>
>Not at all. I think everyone should come to St. Paul and spend a
>bunch of money here. It's good for the local economy.

You're definitely not a Gent

John Hanson
September 17th 04, 02:26 AM
On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:41:42 GMT, wrote in
misc.fitness.weights:

>On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 17:48:51 -0500, John Hanson
> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 12:24:11 GMT, wrote in
>>misc.fitness.weights:

>>>I've tried kettlebells. I use them as often as I do barbells,
>>>dumbbells, and other types of strength-building equipment.
>>>
>>>If you want to talk to others about KBs, you should go to
>>>http://forum.dragondoor.com/training/
>>>
>>>You'll find interesting articles at
>>>http://www.dragondoor.com/cgi-bin/articles.pl?rm=mode2&topic=Kettlebells
>>>
>>>I also recommend http://www.kbnj.com/
>>>(Steve is a good guy. He'll talk to you about KBs on MFW, but expect
>>>to be razzed by a number of unsupportive gents who think that
>>>kettlebell enthusiasts are cult members who spend their money
>>>unwisely.)
>>>
>>Not at all. I think everyone should come to St. Paul and spend a
>>bunch of money here. It's good for the local economy.
>
>You're definitely not a Gent

Hehe

John Hanson
September 17th 04, 05:59 AM
On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:59:23 -0700, "Spammers_Should_Be_Shot"
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>"John Hanson" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 12:24:11 GMT, wrote in
>> misc.fitness.weights:

>you
>learn

>> >I've tried kettlebells. I use them as often as I do barbells,
>> >dumbbells, and other types of strength-building equipment.
>> >
>> >If you want to talk to others about KBs, you should go to
>> >http://forum.dragondoor.com/training/
>> >
>> >You'll find interesting articles at
>> >http://www.dragondoor.com/cgi-bin/articles.pl?rm=mode2&topic=Kettlebells
>> >
>> >I also recommend http://www.kbnj.com/
>> >(Steve is a good guy. He'll talk to you about KBs on MFW, but expect
>> >to be razzed by a number of unsupportive gents who think that
>> >kettlebell enthusiasts are cult members who spend their money
>> >unwisely.)
>> >
>> Not at all. I think everyone should come to St. Paul and spend a
>> bunch of money here. It's good for the local economy.
>>

>Long as they don't come to Eden Praire! We don't like them type of people
>here!

Good god man. Do you mean to tell me we have another Minnesotan among
our midst?

Spammers_Should_Be_Shot
September 17th 04, 07:59 AM
"John Hanson" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 12:24:11 GMT, wrote in
> misc.fitness.weights:
>
> >On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 19:12:23 -0700, "Darth Cosmo" >
> >wrote:
> >
> >>Has anybody tried Kettlebells? I'm curious of the results that some of
you
> >>might have achieved. If you don't know what kettlebells are, you can
learn
> >>about them where I did: http://www.russiankettlebells.com.
> >>
> >>-DC
> >>
> >I've tried kettlebells. I use them as often as I do barbells,
> >dumbbells, and other types of strength-building equipment.
> >
> >If you want to talk to others about KBs, you should go to
> >http://forum.dragondoor.com/training/
> >
> >You'll find interesting articles at
> >http://www.dragondoor.com/cgi-bin/articles.pl?rm=mode2&topic=Kettlebells
> >
> >I also recommend http://www.kbnj.com/
> >(Steve is a good guy. He'll talk to you about KBs on MFW, but expect
> >to be razzed by a number of unsupportive gents who think that
> >kettlebell enthusiasts are cult members who spend their money
> >unwisely.)
> >
> Not at all. I think everyone should come to St. Paul and spend a
> bunch of money here. It's good for the local economy.

Long as they don't come to Eden Praire! We don't like them type of people
here!

Anna Martelli Ravenscroft
September 17th 04, 08:01 AM
On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:59:04 -0500, John Hanson wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:59:23 -0700, "Spammers_Should_Be_Shot"
>>> Not at all. I think everyone should come to St. Paul and spend a
>>> bunch of money here. It's good for the local economy.
>>>

>>Long as they don't come to Eden Praire! We don't like them type of people
>>here!
>>
> Good god man. Do you mean to tell me we have another Minnesotan among
> our midst?

Um - I'm a Minnesnowtan too. Just happen to be living in Italia with my
new Italian Husband. I'll be back in mid-October for a couple weeks...

Anna

John Hanson
September 17th 04, 01:58 PM
On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 07:01:38 GMT, Anna Martelli Ravenscroft
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:59:04 -0500, John Hanson wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:59:23 -0700, "Spammers_Should_Be_Shot"
>>>>

>>>Long as they don't come to Eden Praire! We don't like them type of people
>>>here!
>>>
>> Good god man. Do you mean to tell me we have another Minnesotan among
>> our midst?
>
>Um - I'm a Minnesnowtan too. Just happen to be living in Italia with my
>new Italian Husband. I'll be back in mid-October for a couple weeks...

So is August, Brian Link, Jerry, Dan Cosley and a couple of others.

Jim Ranieri
September 17th 04, 05:22 PM
"Anna Martelli Ravenscroft" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:59:04 -0500, John Hanson wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:59:23 -0700, "Spammers_Should_Be_Shot"
> >>>

> >>Long as they don't come to Eden Praire! We don't like them type of
people
> >>here!
> >>
> > Good god man. Do you mean to tell me we have another Minnesotan among
> > our midst?
>
> Um - I'm a Minnesnowtan too. Just happen to be living in Italia with my
> new Italian Husband. I'll be back in mid-October for a couple weeks...

Will you be bringing your new Italian Husband(tm) with you - or leaving him
back in Italia to find a new American Mistress(tm)?

Anna Martelli Ravenscroft
September 17th 04, 06:41 PM
On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 11:22:23 -0500, Jim Ranieri wrote:

> "Anna Martelli Ravenscroft" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:59:04 -0500, John Hanson wrote:
>>
>> > On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:59:23 -0700, "Spammers_Should_Be_Shot"

> people
>> >>
>> > Good god man. Do you mean to tell me we have another Minnesotan
>> > among our midst?
>>
>> Um - I'm a Minnesnowtan too. Just happen to be living in Italia with my
>> new Italian Husband. I'll be back in mid-October for a couple weeks...
>>

> Will you be bringing your new Italian Husband(tm) with you - or leaving
> him back in Italia to find a new American Mistress(tm)?

Nope. He's actually gonna be in Sweden checking out the Bikini Team(tm),
er, I mean, working for a client, while I attend a conference and visit
family.

Besides, I'm not worried - I know the true way to an Italian man's
heart... I cook better than any of his mistresses. ;-) Tonight - fennel
sausage with lentils and farro, fresh crusty bread, and a nice bottle of
Chianti.

Anna
--
Sure I cook with wine. Sometime I even put some of it in the food!

Spammers_Should_Be_Shot
September 17th 04, 07:02 PM
"John Hanson" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:59:23 -0700, "Spammers_Should_Be_Shot"
> > wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>

> >"John Hanson" > wrote in message
> >> On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 12:24:11 GMT, wrote in
> >> misc.fitness.weights:

> >you
> >learn

>http://www.dragondoor.com/cgi-bin/articles.pl?rm=mode2&topic=Kettlebells

> >> Not at all. I think everyone should come to St. Paul and spend a
> >> bunch of money here. It's good for the local economy.
> >>

> >Long as they don't come to Eden Praire! We don't like them type of
people
> >here!
> >
> Good god man. Do you mean to tell me we have another Minnesotan among
> our midst?

Naw, I may live in Minnesota but I'll always consider myself a Californian!
My wife, now she's Minnesotan/Wisconian, as are I guess my kids by
default....

Jim Ranieri
September 17th 04, 08:14 PM
"Anna Martelli Ravenscroft" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 11:22:23 -0500, Jim Ranieri wrote:

> > people

> >> Um - I'm a Minnesnowtan too. Just happen to be living in Italia with my
> >> new Italian Husband. I'll be back in mid-October for a couple weeks...
> >>

> > Will you be bringing your new Italian Husband(tm) with you - or leaving
> > him back in Italia to find a new American Mistress(tm)?
>
> Nope. He's actually gonna be in Sweden checking out the Bikini Team(tm),
> er, I mean, working for a client, while I attend a conference and visit
> family.
>
> Besides, I'm not worried - I know the true way to an Italian man's
> heart... I cook better than any of his mistresses. ;-) Tonight - fennel
> sausage with lentils and farro, fresh crusty bread, and a nice bottle of
> Chianti.

Oh man...not bad for a girl from Minnesota. Just don't top it off with
parmesan cheese from a green cardboard cannister. :-)

Anna Martelli Ravenscroft
September 17th 04, 08:29 PM
On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 14:14:36 -0500, Jim Ranieri wrote:

> "Anna Martelli Ravenscroft" > wrote in message

>> > people

>> > Will you be bringing your new Italian Husband(tm) with you - or leaving
>> > him back in Italia to find a new American Mistress(tm)?
>>
>> Nope. He's actually gonna be in Sweden checking out the Bikini Team(tm),
>> er, I mean, working for a client, while I attend a conference and visit
>> family.
>>
>> Besides, I'm not worried - I know the true way to an Italian man's
>> heart... I cook better than any of his mistresses. ;-) Tonight - fennel
>> sausage with lentils and farro, fresh crusty bread, and a nice bottle of
>> Chianti.
>>

> Oh man...not bad for a girl from Minnesota. Just don't top it off with
> parmesan cheese from a green cardboard cannister. :-)

Ewwwww - SHAKER cheese! We never called it parmesan in our family - we
KNEW better. Besides, cheese doesn't really go with the dish... The
Chianti sure did though... YUM.

Anna
--

Just netting for a few while himself and his son try to resurrect son's
laptop computer, while babbling away in Italian at top speed...

John Hanson
September 17th 04, 08:47 PM
On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 11:02:56 -0700, "Spammers_Should_Be_Shot"
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>"John Hanson" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:59:23 -0700, "Spammers_Should_Be_Shot"
>> > wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>of
>> >you
>> >learn

>>http://www.dragondoor.com/cgi-bin/articles.pl?rm=mode2&topic=Kettlebells

>> >Long as they don't come to Eden Praire! We don't like them type of
>people
>> >here!
>> >
>> Good god man. Do you mean to tell me we have another Minnesotan among
>> our midst?
>>

>Naw, I may live in Minnesota but I'll always consider myself a Californian!
>My wife, now she's Minnesotan/Wisconian, as are I guess my kids by
>default....

I figured that. With a population of over 50,000 people in Eden
Prairie, only about 3 are native born Minnesotans.

Seth Breidbart
September 23rd 04, 02:34 AM
In article >,
John Hanson > wrote:
>On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 07:01:38 GMT, Anna Martelli Ravenscroft
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>>On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:59:04 -0500, John Hanson wrote:
>>> On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:59:23 -0700, "Spammers_Should_Be_Shot"

>>> Good god man. Do you mean to tell me we have another Minnesotan among
>>> our midst?
>>
>>Um - I'm a Minnesnowtan too. Just happen to be living in Italia with my
>>new Italian Husband. I'll be back in mid-October for a couple weeks...
>>
>So is August, Brian Link, Jerry, Dan Cosley and a couple of others.

I'm a New Yorker. I just live in Mpls.

Seth
--
You have a remarkable lack of empathy. -- Penn Jillette (to me)
(See? Proof.)

John Hanson
September 23rd 04, 02:44 AM
On 22 Sep 2004 21:34:36 -0400, (Seth Breidbart) wrote
in misc.fitness.weights:

>In article >,
>John Hanson > wrote:
>>On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 07:01:38 GMT, Anna Martelli Ravenscroft
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>>>Um - I'm a Minnesnowtan too. Just happen to be living in Italia with my
>>>new Italian Husband. I'll be back in mid-October for a couple weeks...
>>>
>>So is August, Brian Link, Jerry, Dan Cosley and a couple of others.
>
>I'm a New Yorker. I just live in Mpls.

That's why you didn't get top billing.

Axel of the North!
October 3rd 04, 04:28 AM
On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 07:58:44 -0500, John Hanson
> wrote:

>On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 07:01:38 GMT, Anna Martelli Ravenscroft
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>
>>On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:59:04 -0500, John Hanson wrote:
>>
>>> On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:59:23 -0700, "Spammers_Should_Be_Shot"

>>> Good god man. Do you mean to tell me we have another Minnesotan among
>>> our midst?
>>
>>Um - I'm a Minnesnowtan too. Just happen to be living in Italia with my
>>new Italian Husband. I'll be back in mid-October for a couple weeks...
>>
>So is August, Brian Link, Jerry, Dan Cosley and a couple of others.

don't forget *me*!

Axel of the North!
October 3rd 04, 04:30 AM
On 22 Sep 2004 21:34:36 -0400, (Seth Breidbart) wrote:

>In article >,
>John Hanson > wrote:
>>On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 07:01:38 GMT, Anna Martelli Ravenscroft
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>>>Um - I'm a Minnesnowtan too. Just happen to be living in Italia with my
>>>new Italian Husband. I'll be back in mid-October for a couple weeks...
>>>
>>So is August, Brian Link, Jerry, Dan Cosley and a couple of others.
>
>I'm a New Yorker. I just live in Mpls.
>
>Seth
>--
>You have a remarkable lack of empathy. -- Penn Jillette (to me)
>(See? Proof.)

hey, cool! i'm never been to the bad apple... i bet you've got lots of
exciting adventures to share. so... hey. um. where in Mpls do you
'hang"? let's be friends!