PDA

View Full Version : Eggs or Shake in the AM?

Blade
September 16th 04, 02:48 PM
Question: I know that many of you eat eggs each morning for breakfast
(I used to each a 4 or 5 egg omelet - 2 yolks). However, I don't
always have time (or even want) an omelet. hard boiled egg, etc. every
morning. Recently I have been drinking a whey protein shake instead
(40 grams protein) and about a cup of oatmeal. I read somewhere that
a protein shake is actually better first thing in the morning to get
protein in the bloodstream after not eating through the night (faster
absorbtion). Anyone see a benefit to the shake instead of eggs? The
truth is I am doing it to save time but I wonder if it is just as good
as eggs in the morning. Is egg protein recommended, or any ol'
protein will do in the AM?

Any comments? Anyone else doing what I do? By the way, I am entering
my bulking stage (if it matters). Thanks!

Blade
September 18th 04, 01:19 AM
Thanks for all the incredible insight guys...NOT. Wonder how many
here are actual "bodybuilders" or just overweight posers?

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 13:48:16 GMT, Blade > wrote:

>Question: I know that many of you eat eggs each morning for breakfast
>(I used to each a 4 or 5 egg omelet - 2 yolks). However, I don't
>always have time (or even want) an omelet. hard boiled egg, etc. every
>morning. Recently I have been drinking a whey protein shake instead
>(40 grams protein) and about a cup of oatmeal. I read somewhere that
>a protein shake is actually better first thing in the morning to get
>protein in the bloodstream after not eating through the night (faster
>absorbtion). Anyone see a benefit to the shake instead of eggs? The
>truth is I am doing it to save time but I wonder if it is just as good
>as eggs in the morning. Is egg protein recommended, or any ol'
>protein will do in the AM?
>
>Any comments? Anyone else doing what I do? By the way, I am entering
>my bulking stage (if it matters). Thanks!

David Cohen
September 18th 04, 01:37 AM
"Blade" > wrote
> Thanks for all the incredible insight guys...NOT. Wonder how many
> here are actual "bodybuilders" or just overweight posers?

"Wwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..."

That the sound of the waaaaambulance, coming to transport you to Whiny Bitch
General, where your testicles will be surgically reattached. Good luck.

David

Hugh Beyer
September 18th 04, 04:17 AM
"David Cohen" > wrote in
.net:

> "Blade" > wrote
>> Thanks for all the incredible insight guys...NOT. Wonder how many
>> here are actual "bodybuilders" or just overweight posers?
>
> "Wwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..."
>
> That the sound of the waaaaambulance, coming to transport you to Whiny
> Bitch General, where your testicles will be surgically reattached. Good
> luck.
>
> David

Is this another survey? Overweight poser here.

Hugh

--
One puppy had its dewclaws removed in the creation of this post, but for
reasons of hygene and it really doesn't hurt them at all.

Jonathan
September 18th 04, 11:07 AM
Blade > wrote in message >...
> Thanks for all the incredible insight guys...NOT. Wonder how many
> here are actual "bodybuilders" or just overweight posers?

Since when was this alt.sport.bodybuilding?

Jonathan

Chad C.
September 18th 04, 09:19 PM
You're fine either way (i.e. the differences probably aren't huge). I'm
guessing the oatmeal will slow down enough of the protein shake to give you
a stable supply of aminos for a couple hours. Egg protein by contrast is
probably slower than that, which is good longer-term (4-6 hours maybe?) but
probably doesn't begin to compete with whey if you need an immediate influx
of protein, but again I think the differences aren't worth obsessing over.

-Chad

"Blade" > wrote in message
> Question: I know that many of you eat eggs each morning for breakfast
> (I used to each a 4 or 5 egg omelet - 2 yolks). However, I don't
> always have time (or even want) an omelet. hard boiled egg, etc. every
> morning. Recently I have been drinking a whey protein shake instead
> (40 grams protein) and about a cup of oatmeal. I read somewhere that
> a protein shake is actually better first thing in the morning to get
> protein in the bloodstream after not eating through the night (faster
> absorbtion). Anyone see a benefit to the shake instead of eggs? The
> truth is I am doing it to save time but I wonder if it is just as good
> as eggs in the morning. Is egg protein recommended, or any ol'
> protein will do in the AM?
>
> Any comments? Anyone else doing what I do? By the way, I am entering
> my bulking stage (if it matters). Thanks!

Jake
September 18th 04, 10:08 PM
Blade > wrote in message >...
> Thanks for all the incredible insight guys...NOT. Wonder how many
> here are actual "bodybuilders" or just overweight posers?

What the ****? You don't get a response in one day and you go on a
temper tantrum because nobody is paying attention to you?

Dude, eat what you want. As long as you're eating some fiber, carbs,
and/or fat with the whey, you'll be fine.

But I'd add a scoop of peanut butter or a handful of nuts to that
carb+protein meal of yours.