PDA

View Full Version : Retraining with DOMS?

Jason
September 17th 04, 01:20 AM
Is it OK to train a muscle that has DOMS?

Hugh Beyer
September 17th 04, 01:28 AM
Jason > wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Is it OK to train a muscle that has DOMS?

Yes.

Hugh

--
One puppy had its dewclaws removed in the creation of this post, but for
reasons of hygene and it really doesn't hurt them at all.

Proton Soup
September 17th 04, 04:50 AM
On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 04:27:01 +0100, Brad > wrote:

>On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 00:28:46 GMT, Hugh Beyer >
>wrote:
>
>>Jason > wrote in
>>news:[email protected]:
>>
>>> Is it OK to train a muscle that has DOMS?
>>
>>Yes.
>
>Rubbish.
>
>You should never train a muscle that is suffering from DOMS.
>
>Your body is telling you, through the pain, that it's not ready to be
>tortured again at the moment.
>
>Always wait until your DOMS has completely cleared before training
>again.

Training again is often the easiest way to make the pain go away.

-----------
Proton Soup

"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum."

John Hanson
September 17th 04, 04:52 AM
On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 04:27:01 +0100, Brad > wrote in
misc.fitness.weights:

>On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 00:28:46 GMT, Hugh Beyer >
>wrote:
>
>>Jason > wrote in
>>news:[email protected]:
>>
>>> Is it OK to train a muscle that has DOMS?
>>
>>Yes.
>
>Rubbish.
>
>You should never train a muscle that is suffering from DOMS.
>
>Your body is telling you, through the pain, that it's not ready to be
>tortured again at the moment.
>
>Always wait until your DOMS has completely cleared before training
>again.

You're ignorant!

Randy Shrader
September 17th 04, 04:55 AM
"John Hanson" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 04:27:01 +0100, Brad > wrote in
> misc.fitness.weights:
>
>>On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 00:28:46 GMT, Hugh Beyer >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Jason > wrote in
>>>news:[email protected]:

>>>Yes.
>>
>>Rubbish.
>>
>>You should never train a muscle that is suffering from DOMS.
>>
>>Your body is telling you, through the pain, that it's not ready to be
>>tortured again at the moment.
>>
>>Always wait until your DOMS has completely cleared before training
>>again.
>
> You're ignorant!

Waiting until the DOMS clears up is a good recipe for never-ending soreness.
I used to train according the Muscle & Fiction each-bodypart-once-every-5-7
days and I was brutally sore all the time -- almost a year straight once.
Training more frequently and working through the initial DOMS I'm usually
not sore at all after the first week, at least not until the end of a
training cycle when the fatigue starts to pile up.

Randy

John Hanson
September 17th 04, 05:07 AM
On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 03:55:00 GMT, "Randy Shrader"
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>"John Hanson" > wrote in message
>> On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 04:27:01 +0100, Brad > wrote in
>> misc.fitness.weights:

>>>Rubbish.
>>>
>>>You should never train a muscle that is suffering from DOMS.
>>>
>>>Your body is telling you, through the pain, that it's not ready to be
>>>tortured again at the moment.
>>>
>>>Always wait until your DOMS has completely cleared before training
>>>again.
>>
>> You're ignorant!
>

>Waiting until the DOMS clears up is a good recipe for never-ending soreness.
>I used to train according the Muscle & Fiction each-bodypart-once-every-5-7
>days and I was brutally sore all the time -- almost a year straight once.
>Training more frequently and working through the initial DOMS I'm usually
>not sore at all after the first week, at least not until the end of a
>training cycle when the fatigue starts to pile up.

I've always said that DOMS is a sign of undertraining. I've been
sorer than **** all week because I took all of last week off. I
usually never get sore and have been making VERY good gains.

John Hanson
September 17th 04, 05:24 AM
On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 05:14:01 +0100, Brad > wrote in
misc.fitness.weights:

>On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 22:50:19 -0500, Proton Soup >
>wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 04:27:01 +0100, Brad > wrote:

>>>Rubbish.
>>>
>>>You should never train a muscle that is suffering from DOMS.
>>>
>>>Your body is telling you, through the pain, that it's not ready to be
>>>tortured again at the moment.
>>>
>>>Always wait until your DOMS has completely cleared before training
>>>again.
>>
>>Training again is often the easiest way to make the pain go away.
>
>Do you often wonder why you aren't making any gains?

It's the strategy I employ to get rid of the pain. I did a set of 15
squats Wednesday at 135 before I benched because of the soreness from
Monday's squats.

John M. Williams
September 17th 04, 05:28 AM
Brad > wrote:
> Hugh Beyer >wrote:
>>Jason > wrote::
>>
>>> Is it OK to train a muscle that has DOMS?
>>
>>Yes.
>
>Rubbish.
>
>You should never train a muscle that is suffering from DOMS.
>
>Your body is telling you, through the pain, that it's not ready to be
>tortured again at the moment.
>
>Always wait until your DOMS has completely cleared before training
>again.

Bull****.

One should not do maximal training of muscles with DOMS; however,
light-to-moderate training can ameliorate DOMS.

Hugh Beyer
September 17th 04, 12:16 PM
Brad > wrote in news:[email protected]
4ax.com:

> On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 00:28:46 GMT, Hugh Beyer >
> wrote:
>
>>Jason > wrote in
>>news:[email protected]:
>>
>>> Is it OK to train a muscle that has DOMS?
>>
>>Yes.
>
> Rubbish.
>
> You should never train a muscle that is suffering from DOMS.
>
> Your body is telling you, through the pain, that it's not ready to be
> tortured again at the moment.
>
> Always wait until your DOMS has completely cleared before training
> again.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

Hugh

--
One puppy had its dewclaws removed in the creation of this post, but for
reasons of hygene and it really doesn't hurt them at all.

Hugh Beyer
September 17th 04, 12:21 PM
Brad > wrote in news:[email protected]
4ax.com:

> On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 00:28:46 GMT, Hugh Beyer >
> wrote:
>
>>Jason > wrote in
>>news:[email protected]:
>>
>>> Is it OK to train a muscle that has DOMS?
>>
>>Yes.
>
> Rubbish.
>
> You should never train a muscle that is suffering from DOMS.
>
> Your body is telling you, through the pain, that it's not ready to be
> tortured again at the moment.
>
> Always wait until your DOMS has completely cleared before training
> again.

Slightly more serious response:

If I train once I week I get DOMS, which takes a few days to clear up. So if
I train once a week, it's only safe to train once a week, right?

If I train every other day, I don't get DOMS. So it's safe to train every
other day, right?

So the more often I train the safer it is to train more often?

Hugh

--
One puppy had its dewclaws removed in the creation of this post, but for
reasons of hygene and it really doesn't hurt them at all.

Dally
September 17th 04, 02:28 PM
Brad wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 22:50:19 -0500, Proton Soup >
> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 04:27:01 +0100, Brad > wrote:

>>>Always wait until your DOMS has completely cleared before training
>>>again.
>>
>>Training again is often the easiest way to make the pain go away.
>
> Do you often wonder why you aren't making any gains?

How familiar are you with Proton Soup's gains?

I'm left wondering how the uk.rec.bodybuilding group looks. Such
incredibly stupid stuff comes out of there!

Dally

Geezer From The Freezer
September 17th 04, 02:40 PM
Dally wrote:

> I'm left wondering how the uk.rec.bodybuilding group looks. Such
> incredibly stupid stuff comes out of there!
>
> Dally

Hope thats not a dig at the UK folks. Be incredibly racist if it were!

John Hanson
September 17th 04, 02:57 PM
On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 14:40:10 +0100, Geezer From The Freezer
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>Dally wrote:
>>
>> I'm left wondering how the uk.rec.bodybuilding group looks. Such
>> incredibly stupid stuff comes out of there!
>>
>> Dally
>
>Hope thats not a dig at the UK folks. Be incredibly racist if it were!

UK isn't a race.

Proton Soup
September 17th 04, 04:42 PM
On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 05:14:01 +0100, Brad > wrote:

>On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 22:50:19 -0500, Proton Soup >
>wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 04:27:01 +0100, Brad > wrote:

>>>Rubbish.
>>>
>>>You should never train a muscle that is suffering from DOMS.
>>>
>>>Your body is telling you, through the pain, that it's not ready to be
>>>tortured again at the moment.
>>>
>>>Always wait until your DOMS has completely cleared before training
>>>again.
>>
>>Training again is often the easiest way to make the pain go away.
>
>Do you often wonder why you aren't making any gains?

I don't get DOMS that often. If I do, it's because I've been
undertraining a muscle group, then try to start back up again and get
sore. So getting DOMS in the first place is a good reason to question
your routine.

But when I do get it, it usually goes something like this. Work out
on day one, feel fine. On day two, feel a little sore. On day three,
feel really sore, but if I workout again on day three, the pain goes
away. So, I put up with a little bit of soreness on day two, which is
the recovery day.

-----------
Proton Soup

"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum."

John Dunlop
September 17th 04, 06:35 PM
John Hanson wrote:

> UK isn't a race.

If you've ever used UK roads, you could be forgiven for
thinking otherwise. The UK isn't a race; it's a racetrack.

--
Jock

bc
September 17th 04, 06:43 PM
John Hanson > wrote in message >...
> On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 05:14:01 +0100, Brad > wrote in
> misc.fitness.weights:
>
> >On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 22:50:19 -0500, Proton Soup >
> >wrote:

> >>Training again is often the easiest way to make the pain go away.
> >
> >Do you often wonder why you aren't making any gains?
>
> It's the strategy I employ to get rid of the pain. I did a set of 15
> squats Wednesday at 135 before I benched because of the soreness from
> Monday's squats.

I do the same. It's amusing in a masochistic way to groan and wince
under those light squats, but I think it helps. I also do some extra
stretching if I've taken some days off, then lifted hard. I agree
with the others, DOMS is a sign for me that I've been slacking.

- bc

Pet
September 17th 04, 08:55 PM
Dally wrote:

> I'm left wondering how the uk.rec.bodybuilding group looks. Such
> incredibly stupid stuff comes out of there!

Strangely enough, to this point, every post has been from an MFW'er!

The whole reason I for one can't be arsed wasting my time reading the
verbal diorhea that's spouted from said group.

Plus, MFW'ers are incapable of snipping posts which leads to repeated
******** being re-posted over and over again!

IMHO of course.
--
http://gymratz.co.uk - UK's best bodybuilding supplements,gym equipment.
http://gymratz.co.uk/hot-seat.htm - Live web-cam!

Ellis
September 17th 04, 09:06 PM
On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 19:55:12 GMT, Pet > wrote:

>Dally wrote:
>

>> I'm left wondering how the uk.rec.bodybuilding group looks. Such
>> incredibly stupid stuff comes out of there!
>
>Strangely enough, to this point, every post has been from an MFW'er!
>
>The whole reason I for one can't be arsed wasting my time reading the
>verbal diorhea that's spouted from said group.
>
>Plus, MFW'ers are incapable of snipping posts which leads to repeated
>******** being re-posted over and over again!
>
>IMHO of course.

Don't argue with Dally, Pet. Believe me she knows all about stupid.

Ellis

John M. Williams
September 18th 04, 12:32 AM
Pet > wrote:

>Dally wrote:
>>
>> I'm left wondering how the uk.rec.bodybuilding group looks. Such
>> incredibly stupid stuff comes out of there!
>
>Strangely enough, to this point, every post has been from an MFW'er!
>
>The whole reason I for one can't be arsed wasting my time reading the
>verbal diorhea that's spouted from said group.

It's spelled "diarrhea," and none of this changes the facts that
"Brad" is chock full of **** in claiming that one must "always wait
until your DOMS has completely cleared before training again."

HTH

J.S. Jackson
September 18th 04, 07:00 PM
On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 04:27:01 +0100, Brad wrote:

> You should never train a muscle that is suffering from DOMS.
>
> Your body is telling you, through the pain, that it's not ready to be
> tortured again at the moment.
>
> Always wait until your DOMS has completely cleared before training
> again.

LOL. If you came to work for me, you'd be fired in the first week. I'm a
landscaper and we do a lot of heavy stone work. Invariably, new employees
are EXTREMELY sore for the first few weeks. Joint pain, back pain, DOMS,
blisters on their soft baby hands, etc. Within 2-3 weeks they are free
from DOMS, and it's not because they called out sick everytime they felt
some muscle soreness.

Oddly, in my experience, I find bodybuilders to be the biggest complainers.
I don't mean this as an insult, there could be many reasons for it. Most
likely, the combination of heavy work all day AND their exercise routine
puts them into an overtrained state more rapidly than a "normal" person.

Back to the subject, whenever I have started a new routine, I often feel
some DOMS in certain muscles. It rarely lasts more than 2 weeks into the
routine.

Pete
September 19th 04, 02:46 AM
Brad wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 00:28:46 GMT, Hugh Beyer >
> wrote:
>
>> Jason > wrote in
>> news:[email protected]:
>>
>>> Is it OK to train a muscle that has DOMS?
>>
>> Yes.
>
> Rubbish.
>
> You should never train a muscle that is suffering from DOMS.
>
> Your body is telling you, through the pain, that it's not ready to be
> tortured again at the moment.
>
> Always wait until your DOMS has completely cleared before training
> again.

Please provide evidence for this advice.

---

Pete
September 19th 04, 03:46 AM
Brad wrote:
> Bodybuilders who wait until they are completely clear of DOMS before
> retraining again build muscle quicker *FACT*.

Please provide proof.

---

elzinator
September 19th 04, 04:53 AM
On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 03:35:38 +0100, Brad wrote:

>>>Strangely enough, to this point, every post has been from an MFW'er!
>>>
>>>The whole reason I for one can't be arsed wasting my time reading the
>>>verbal diorhea that's spouted from said group.
>>
>>It's spelled "diarrhea," and none of this changes the facts that
>>"Brad" is chock full of **** in claiming that one must "always wait
>>until your DOMS has completely cleared before training again."
>
>Bodybuilders who wait until they are completely clear of DOMS before
>retraining again build muscle quicker *FACT*.

No, it is NOT a fact. There is no scientific or even empirical
evidence to support your statement as 'fact'.

"What if the forces of anarchy and chaos appeared while
you weren't thinking?"
- Inspector Raymond Fowler

elzinator
September 19th 04, 04:57 AM
On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 22:25:25 -0500,
wrote:
>On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 22:50:19 -0500, Proton Soup > wrote:
>
>>Training again is often the easiest way to make the pain go away.
>
>Really?

It's called Active Recovery.

> Best way I have found is a VERY hot bath, hot enough to bring my
>ticker up to the neighborhood of 160BPM in a half hour... around 108
>degrees, (I measure it with a thermometer so I am not just pulling a
>temp figure out of my ass) just less than scalding.
>
>Why does it work? Hell if I know, but it must have something to do with
>increased circulation, maybe with removing toxins from the muscles such
>as lactic acid, etc or maybe with providing fresh nutrients at
>saturation levels. Maybe it is simply a physical anasthetic effect,
>deadening the nerves that are reporting this pain.

You provided two valid possibilities: increased circulation and
anesthetic effect. Heat also relaxes muscle. So that provides an
additional mechanism.

"What if the forces of anarchy and chaos appeared while
you weren't thinking?"
- Inspector Raymond Fowler

John M. Williams
September 19th 04, 05:14 AM
Brad > wrote:

> John M. Williams > wrote:
>>
>>Pet > wrote:

>>>Strangely enough, to this point, every post has been from an MFW'er!
>>>
>>>The whole reason I for one can't be arsed wasting my time reading the
>>>verbal diorhea that's spouted from said group.
>>
>>It's spelled "diarrhea," and none of this changes the facts that
>>"Brad" is chock full of **** in claiming that one must "always wait
>>until your DOMS has completely cleared before training again."
>
>Bodybuilders who wait until they are completely clear of DOMS before
>retraining again build muscle quicker *FACT*.

Personal experience? Show us your pics, Brad.
Scientific evidence? Cite the studies, Brad.

In the absence of either, you're full of ****.

Elzinator
September 20th 04, 03:12 PM
elzinator > wrote in message >...
> On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 22:25:25 -0500,
> wrote:

> > Best way I have found is a VERY hot bath, hot enough to bring my
> >ticker up to the neighborhood of 160BPM in a half hour... around 108
> >degrees, (I measure it with a thermometer so I am not just pulling a
> >temp figure out of my ass) just less than scalding.
> >
> >Why does it work? Hell if I know, but it must have something to do with
> >increased circulation, maybe with removing toxins from the muscles such
> >as lactic acid, etc or maybe with providing fresh nutrients at
> >saturation levels. Maybe it is simply a physical anasthetic effect,
> >deadening the nerves that are reporting this pain.
>
> You provided two valid possibilities: increased circulation and
> anesthetic effect. Heat also relaxes muscle. So that provides an
> additional mechanism.

From the discussion (Jayaraman, RC, Reid, RW, et al. 2004. MRI
evaluation of topical heat and static stretching as therapeutic
modalities for the treatment of eccentric exercise-induced muscle
damage. Europ J Appl Physiol. epub)

"The main result of this study is that therapeutic application of
superficial heat and/or static stretching after intense eccentric
exercise did not promote the recovery from muscle damage, as indicated
by the similar time course and magnitude of the T2 changes after the
eccentric exercise. Additionally, swelling, pain, and the deficit in
strength on day 15 were no different between the treatment groups. It
is well known that eccentric contractions cause structural damage to
the muscles, and it is this damage that ultimately results in the
sensation of soreness and decrements in muscular performance in the
days following eccentric exercise. (Armstrong 1990; Armstrong et al.
1983; Asmussen 1956; Friden et al. 1981, 1983; Newham et al. 1983).
The effectiveness of the eccentric exercise protocol used in this
study to produce muscle damage is evident from the large increase in
T2 and muscle swelling, and from the decrease in MVC in the first few
days after the exercise (Figs. 3, 4, 5, 6). Previous studies have
reported similar results in the days following eccentric exercise
(Clarkson et al. 1992; Fleckenstein et al. 1989; Foley et al. 1999;
Nosaka and Clarkson 1996; Shellock et al. 1991b).

It should be noted that these results do not suggest that heat and/or
static stretching are not of palliative value in the treatment of pain
associated with DMS. On the contrary, other studies have already
established that these treatments diminish the perception of pain
(Abraham 1977; deVries 1961; Weingand et al. 1991), and the trend in
our results suggest that heat and/or static stretching slightly
reduces the perception of soreness in the days following eccentric
exercise. However, it does not facilitate the recovery of
eccentrically damaged skeletal muscle fibers.

Although the exact mechanism of DMS is unknown, DMS ultimately arises
from a sequence of events that occurs after the eccentric exercise.
Armstrongs model (Armstrong 1984) divides the muscle injury process in
DMS into four distinct stages: (1) initial, (2) autogenetic, (3)
phagocytic and (4) regenerative.

Therapeutic application of heat and/or static stretching could
potentially affect the latter two stages of the model. Application of
topical heat increases local vascular and lymphatic flow, which, in
turn, may enhance the removal and repair aspects of the healing
process (Nanneman 1991). Possible mechanisms by which static
stretching post-eccentric exercise could alleviate the sensation of
pain are as follows: (1) disperse the excess fluid that accumulates
from muscle damage (Bobbert et al. 1986), (2) reduce muscle spasms
that may occur during DMS (deVries 1961; Hough 1902), and (3) alter
the response of the afferent group IV nerve fibers, which conduct pain
impulses to central nervous system (Armstrong 1984). Accordingly, heat
combined with static stretching should be effective in reducing the
sensation of pain as well as enhancing the healing process."

[note: deep heating increases vascular and lymphatic flow in muscle
tissue]

Hope that helps.

bally
September 21st 04, 12:59 AM
> wrote in message

> Look at the urb site to see pics of most of the regulars and some
> irregulars.

cover your eyes when you look at JD's photo though.

(apparently Im too handsome... i'd show the others up. Ugly *******s)

elzinator
September 21st 04, 02:35 AM
On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 14:40:28 -0500,
wrote:
>On 20 Sep 2004 07:12:45 -0700, (Elzinator) wrote:
>
><snip of a very good post>
>

>>Hope that helps.
>
>Yes, Elzi, that was a keeper. Thank you. I knew this was much, much more
>profound than simple placebo effect. The change in perceived pain after
>a brutally hot soak and a nice nap are quite dramatic. I have taken two
>tylenols, the real ones, with codeine, on top of a couple of drinks, and
>even that combination, that I intuitively expect to alleviate the pain
>of severe DOMS, barely has an effect. Aspirin alone does diddly, though
>it does seem to have a synergistic effect with the hot soak. This could
>do with a bit of serious study, I think.

Keep in mind that it may not hasten repair of muscle damage, depending
on the degree of damage. On the other hand, by virtue of increased
vascular and lymphatic flow induced by deep heating, metabolites and
inflammatory products and cells that tend to sensitize the area to
pain clear faster which may in itself enhance recovery.

The obvious determining factors are the degree of tissue damage
(including connective tissue, which is very responsive to heat) and
the dose and duration of the heat. I also think moist heat works
better than dry heat, including a heating pad. Moist heat seems to
penetrate deeper.

One of the older PLers who I trained with years ago routinely used hot
moist towels covered with a heating pad that he used to treat aching
muscles after a bout of maximal training or a meet (he even brought
these with him to meets). He said it significantly reduced the
post-training stiffness. A few PLers I know take a long soak in a very
hot hot tub after a hard bout of training and after meets. (I so want
a Japanese soaking tub) and report reduced DOMS.

After a hard day of working on the ranch (which is full body workout
for 6-8 hours/day), I would go take a long sauna. And then a loooong
nap. I was always much less sore the next day than if I did not take
the sauna.

I'm curious if the moist heat imparts any benefits to neural recovery.

"What if the forces of anarchy and chaos appeared while
you weren't thinking?"
- Inspector Raymond Fowler

Nik
September 21st 04, 06:12 PM
"John Dunlop" > wrote in message
T...
> John Hanson wrote:
>
> > UK isn't a race.
>
> If you've ever used UK roads, you could be forgiven for
> thinking otherwise. The UK isn't a race; it's a racetrack.
>
> --
> Jock

You'd be lucky round here with all the fecking speed traps!!!

Increase the limit, speed thrills :o)

Nik.

John Hanson
September 21st 04, 10:43 PM
On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 18:12:11 +0100, "Nik" > wrote
in misc.fitness.weights:

>"John Dunlop" > wrote in message
T...
>> John Hanson wrote:
>>
>> > UK isn't a race.
>>
>> If you've ever used UK roads, you could be forgiven for
>> thinking otherwise. The UK isn't a race; it's a racetrack.
>>
>> --
>> Jock
>
>You'd be lucky round here with all the fecking speed traps!!!
>
>Increase the limit, speed thrills :o)

I read that we had a motorcyclist clocked at 205 MPH this past
weekend.

Keith Hobman
September 21st 04, 11:07 PM
In article >, John Hanson
> wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 18:12:11 +0100, "Nik" > wrote
> in misc.fitness.weights:
>

> >"John Dunlop" > wrote in message
> T...

> >> If you've ever used UK roads, you could be forgiven for
> >> thinking otherwise. The UK isn't a race; it's a racetrack.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Jock
> >
> >You'd be lucky round here with all the fecking speed traps!!!
> >
> >Increase the limit, speed thrills :o)
> >
> I read that we had a motorcyclist clocked at 205 MPH this past
> weekend.

There are a number of bikes that are capable of such speeds with minor
modifications. FWIW, the original stock Suzuki Hayabusa 1300 could reach
340 km/hr, which is around 212 mph IIRC. But they put a limiter on later
models to keep it down to 300 km/hr.

The topline litre bikes are all capable of 300 km/hour out of the case.
The Honda Blackbird and Kawasaki 1200RR are just marginally slower than
the 'busa. With some minor mods all these bikes could hit 205.

I read in a test where the Yamaha FJR1300 - a shaft drive sport-tourer -
was clocked in an roll-on test at 170 mph while still accelerating with a
passenger on the back! Boggles the mind - who would ever get on a bike
again with someone who took it that fast.

--
My advice and opinions reflect my personality and goals.
I have no desire to cover my ass and all the bases with

Meaty
September 22nd 04, 01:06 PM
> >The whole reason I for one can't be arsed wasting my time reading the
> >verbal diorhea that's spouted from said group.
>
> It's spelled "diarrhea,"

Actually its spelt "diarrhoea" (just to be pointlessly pedantic).

--
Meaty

And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

DRS
September 22nd 04, 01:09 PM
"Meaty" > wrote in message

>>> The whole reason I for one can't be arsed wasting my time reading
>>> the verbal diorhea that's spouted from said group.
>>
>> It's spelled "diarrhea,"
>
> Actually its spelt "diarrhoea" (just to be pointlessly pedantic).

But it's diarrheal or diarrheic.

--

"Self-delusion as a coping tool has always been a fairly useful strategy for
me."

Phil Squire
September 22nd 04, 02:06 PM
> wrote in message
SNIP

> "Terror must be maintained, or the empire will surely fall."
> (Bad Spock in an alternate universe)

Really? I thought dubbya said that.

Meaty
September 22nd 04, 03:34 PM

> >> It's spelled "diarrhea,"
> >
> > Actually its spelt "diarrhoea" (just to be pointlessly pedantic).
>
> But it's diarrheal or diarrheic.

Only if you're sloppy...

--
Meaty

And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

Meaty
September 22nd 04, 03:37 PM

> >> It's spelled "diarrhea,"
> >
> >Actually its spelt "diarrhoea" (just to be pointlessly pedantic).
>
> Not in the U.S.it isn't. Whoever heard of a "silent 'O'"? A thousand
> plagues on your veddy British silent "O"s! Your pedanticism

Actually, just to be pedantic, I think you mean "pedantry", not
"pedanticism" (but congratulations on spelling "plagues" in a civilised
way).

--
Meaty

And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

Seth Breidbart
September 24th 04, 01:40 AM
In article >,
> wrote:
>On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 22:50:19 -0500, Proton Soup > wrote:
>
>>Training again is often the easiest way to make the pain go away.
>
>Really? Best way I have found is a VERY hot bath, hot enough to bring my
>ticker up to the neighborhood of 160BPM in a half hour... around 108
>degrees,

Best way I've found is to work out again the next day, using half the
weight (or less), and light volume.

Seth
--
Sometimes we have to forget studies and theories and just lift like a
****er! -- George UK

Robert B.
September 28th 04, 05:38 PM
In article >, says...
> I've always said that DOMS is a sign of undertraining. I've been
> sorer than **** all week because I took all of last week off. I
> usually never get sore and have been making VERY good gains.

Interesting observation. I just started HST and was sore during the first week (after a week
of strategic deconditioning) but not since then. I was worried that I was not getting a good
enough workout since my DOMS went away but maybe I am.

-Robert

JD
October 2nd 04, 03:07 AM
On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 12:06:34 +0000, Meaty wrote:

>> >The whole reason I for one can't be arsed wasting my time reading the
>> >verbal diorhea that's spouted from said group.
>>
>> It's spelled "diarrhea,"
>
> Actually its spelt "diarrhoea" (just to be pointlessly pedantic).

Erm, you're not being pedantic, you're being annoying.
hth