PDA

View Full Version : Weight Gain help

Jack
September 17th 04, 02:02 AM
Hello All,

I am looking to gain weight for my height which is 6 foot 1 i am about
50 pounds under weight. That is according to the doctors weight chart.
The doctor tested my thyroid etc.. and nothing seems to be wrong,
being thin runs in my family so i didnt really think it was an actual
health problem and I believe I eat normally.

I would like to get to my normal weight and I was wondering if anyone
has any suggestions for a diet, please keep in mind im a poor college
student with limited financial resources and time.

Can anyone recommend a good diet? One that actually works? I am
looking also to begin lifting weights i have a curl bar, so can anyone
recommend an exercise routine.

Lastely, are there any good inexpensive weight gaining products that
work?

If im in the wrong group can u recommend one that is better suited to
answer my questions?

DRS
September 17th 04, 02:10 AM
"Jack" > wrote in message
om
> Hello All,
>
> I am looking to gain weight for my height which is 6 foot 1 i am about
> 50 pounds under weight. That is according to the doctors weight chart.
> The doctor tested my thyroid etc.. and nothing seems to be wrong,
> being thin runs in my family so i didnt really think it was an actual
> health problem and I believe I eat normally.

There's your problem. Eat more.

http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html

> Lastely, are there any good inexpensive weight gaining products that
> work?

All the commercial weight gainers are stupidly expensive. At the end of the
day they're just protein and carbs.

This makes two largish drinks to be taken *in addition* to your regular
meals:

56g (2 serves) Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein or equivalent
500ml (2 cups) Skim Milk
250ml (1 cup) Skim Milk Powder
1 banana
50g unsalted peanuts/peanut butter
4 teaspoons Nestle Malted Milk Drink/Sustagen/Malt flavour Milo etc
1 tablespoon Malt Extract or honey (to taste)

There's over 1200 calories in that little lot, plus loads of calcium,
phosphorus, potassium and vitamins A, B-group & C. Just don't go overboard
with the malt extract as it's very sweet. Personally, I tend to leave the
peanuts out since I'm not keen on nut-flavoured drinks and use them
throughout the day as nibblies. If you're really keen you can add things
like ice cream and eggs but an extra 1200 calories per day for someone at
your weight should be more than ample.

--

"Self-delusion as a coping tool has always been a fairly useful strategy for
me."