PDA

View Full Version : hand conditioning

Joe Laughlin
September 17th 04, 01:56 AM
I've started martial arts (karate and jujitsu), and wish to strengthen and
condition my hands. I've been using IronMind's grippers for quite some time
know and they are great, but they just work the grip.

Anyone got any recommendations for more hand exercises / equipment?

Thanks,
Joe

Kevin J. Coolidge
September 17th 04, 03:56 AM
I use some of Ironminds other hand excercise, like the eagle talons, and the
outer limit loops, I do wants known as a barbell roll which is great for the
grip or "contact strength" great for the grappling marital arts, also "towel
wringing" is great for grip strength

"Joe Laughlin" > wrote in message
> I've started martial arts (karate and jujitsu), and wish to strengthen and
> condition my hands. I've been using IronMind's grippers for quite some
> time
> know and they are great, but they just work the grip.
>
> Anyone got any recommendations for more hand exercises / equipment?
>
> Thanks,
> Joe

John Hanson
September 17th 04, 05:18 AM
On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 00:56:52 GMT, "Joe Laughlin"
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>I've started martial arts (karate and jujitsu), and wish to strengthen and
>condition my hands. I've been using IronMind's grippers for quite some time
>know and they are great, but they just work the grip.
>
>Anyone got any recommendations for more hand exercises / equipment?
>
>Thanks,

Deadlift.

kurt
September 17th 04, 06:59 PM
..
"Joe Laughlin" > wrote in message
> I've started martial arts (karate and jujitsu), and wish to strengthen and
> condition my hands. I've been using IronMind's grippers for quite some
> time
> know and they are great, but they just work the grip.
>
> Anyone got any recommendations for more hand exercises / equipment?
>
> Thanks,
> Joe

Squeeze a tennis ball until it pops, that's great for hands and fingers and
inexpensive too

Joe Laughlin
September 17th 04, 07:36 PM
John Hanson wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 00:56:52 GMT, "Joe Laughlin"
> > wrote in
> misc.fitness.weights:
>
>> I've started martial arts (karate and jujitsu), and wish
>> to strengthen and condition my hands. I've been using
>> IronMind's grippers for quite some time know and they
>> are great, but they just work the grip.
>>
>> Anyone got any recommendations for more hand exercises /
>> equipment?
>>
>> Thanks,
>
> Deadlift.

Thanks, already do those. But those seem to also just work the grip and
forearms.

TheTortoise
September 17th 04, 10:54 PM
Joe Laughlin wrote:
> I've started martial arts (karate and jujitsu), and wish to
strengthen and
> condition my hands. I've been using IronMind's grippers for quite
some time
> know and they are great, but they just work the grip.
>
> Anyone got any recommendations for more hand exercises / equipment?
>
> Thanks,
> Joe

Have a look at ironmind.com for their other tools. They have a whole
host of hand and forearm exercisers. Get a catalog from them.

Joe Laughlin
September 17th 04, 11:33 PM
TheTortoise wrote:
> Joe Laughlin wrote:
>> I've started martial arts (karate and jujitsu), and wish
>> to strengthen and condition my hands. I've been using
>> IronMind's grippers for quite some time know and they
>> are great, but they just work the grip.
>>
>> Anyone got any recommendations for more hand exercises /
>> equipment?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Joe
>
> Have a look at ironmind.com for their other tools. They
> have a whole host of hand and forearm exercisers. Get a
> catalog from them.

Yes, I was looking for testimonials or recommendations (keeping my goals in
mind) for some of them though.