PDA

View Full Version : Exercise & Mental Health


September 17th 04, 07:47 PM
Hello,

I am new to this group. I would like to know if any of you have used
exercise as a way to feel better. We all know that we should exercise
but it seems that most of us take the wrong approach and overlook the
psychological benefits. This is an interested link that you may find
helpful http://www.local6.com/health/3615082/detail.html

It would be great to hear from others on this topic.

Thank you,
Jeff Rutstein
Author, Breakthrough! An Exercise in Serenity:
Easing stress, depression and dependence through strength training
www.exerciseinserenity.com

Hugh Beyer
September 17th 04, 08:02 PM
" > wrote in
:

> Hello,
>
> I am new to this group. I would like to know if any of you have used
> exercise as a way to feel better. We all know that we should exercise
> but it seems that most of us take the wrong approach and overlook the
> psychological benefits. This is an interested link that you may find
> helpful http://www.local6.com/health/3615082/detail.html
>
> It would be great to hear from others on this topic.
>
> Thank you,
> Jeff Rutstein
> Author, Breakthrough! An Exercise in Serenity:
> Easing stress, depression and dependence through strength training
> www.exerciseinserenity.com
>

You can wrap it up in pretty paper, you can put a bow on it, but spam still
stinks.

Hugh


--
One puppy had its dewclaws removed in the creation of this post, but for
reasons of hygene and it really doesn't hurt them at all.

Dally
September 17th 04, 08:04 PM
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am new to this group. I would like to know if any of you have used
> exercise as a way to feel better. We all know that we should exercise
> but it seems that most of us take the wrong approach and overlook the
> psychological benefits.

No, I expect we all hate exercising and only do it to punish ourselves.

Dally

Dally
September 17th 04, 08:06 PM
Hugh Beyer wrote:

> You can wrap it up in pretty paper, you can put a bow on it, but spam still
> stinks.

LOL, agreed. But I went to his site and felt a bit sad for the guy.
(He's in "recovery" from abusive weightlifting.) If he wants to come
hang out in our gin joint then I'll be kinder and gentler with him.

Spammer-Guy, drop the sig line and you'll be okay.

Dally

Hugh Beyer
September 17th 04, 08:22 PM
Dally > wrote in :

> Hugh Beyer wrote:
>
>> You can wrap it up in pretty paper, you can put a bow on it, but spam
>> still stinks.
>
> LOL, agreed. But I went to his site and felt a bit sad for the guy.
> (He's in "recovery" from abusive weightlifting.) If he wants to come
> hang out in our gin joint then I'll be kinder and gentler with him.
>
> Spammer-Guy, drop the sig line and you'll be okay.
>

Hmmm... no, he gets a full-fledged internet apology. That's what I get for
posting without following the link.

Posting a ref to your own book in your sig line is within the group norms.

Hugh

--
One puppy had its dewclaws removed in the creation of this post, but for
reasons of hygene and it really doesn't hurt them at all.