PDA

View Full Version : OT, kind of, Tuna pizza

Kevin J. Coolidge
September 21st 04, 06:13 PM
A friend of mine just came back from a trip to Germany. He said that a big
topping in Germany for Pizza is tuna. Says that people love it. He said he
didm't try it, though he sampled enough German Beer. But I've been all over
the US and have seen a lot of unusual toppings for pizza, but never tuna.
Has anybody else seen this?

John M. Williams
September 21st 04, 06:27 PM
"Kevin J. Coolidge" > wrote:
>A friend of mine just came back from a trip to Germany. He said that a big
>topping in Germany for Pizza is tuna. Says that people love it. He said he
>didm't try it, though he sampled enough German Beer. But I've been all over
>the US and have seen a lot of unusual toppings for pizza, but never tuna.
>Has anybody else seen this?

Americans like tuna tacos.

Ellis
September 21st 04, 06:54 PM
On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 17:13:41 GMT, "Kevin J. Coolidge" >
wrote:

>A friend of mine just came back from a trip to Germany. He said that a big
>topping in Germany for Pizza is tuna. Says that people love it. He said he
>didm't try it, though he sampled enough German Beer. But I've been all over
>the US and have seen a lot of unusual toppings for pizza, but never tuna.
>Has anybody else seen this?

If you order a "seafood" pizza in the UK then tuna is a very common
topping, along with prawns and / or anchovies.

Ellis

Richard Bray
September 21st 04, 07:05 PM
wrote:

>A friend of mine just came back from a trip to Germany. He said that a big
>topping in Germany for Pizza is tuna. Says that people love it. He said he
>didm't try it, though he sampled enough German Beer. But I've been all over
>the US and have seen a lot of unusual toppings for pizza, but never tuna.
>Has anybody else seen this?

Yes, at a restaurant in Zagreb that had the best pizza I ever tasted -
with sour cream.

Seany
September 21st 04, 09:10 PM
Tuna is a pretty much normal topping here in the UK!

"Kevin J. Coolidge" > wrote in message
>A friend of mine just came back from a trip to Germany. He said that a big
>topping in Germany for Pizza is tuna. Says that people love it. He said he
>didm't try it, though he sampled enough German Beer. But I've been all over
>the US and have seen a lot of unusual toppings for pizza, but never tuna.
>Has anybody else seen this?

Jim
September 21st 04, 11:33 PM
"John M. Williams" > wrote in message
> "Kevin J. Coolidge" > wrote:
> >A friend of mine just came back from a trip to Germany. He said that a
big
> >topping in Germany for Pizza is tuna. Says that people love it. He said
he
> >didm't try it, though he sampled enough German Beer. But I've been all
over
> >the US and have seen a lot of unusual toppings for pizza, but never tuna.
> >Has anybody else seen this?
>
> Americans like tuna tacos.

I like tacos,but prefer the sweeter ones. Tuna gets old;)

Jim

Tiger Hillside
September 22nd 04, 01:06 AM
wrote:

>A friend of mine just came back from a trip to Germany. He said that a big
>topping in Germany for Pizza is tuna. Says that people love it. He said he
>didm't try it, though he sampled enough German Beer. But I've been all over
>the US and have seen a lot of unusual toppings for pizza, but never tuna.
>Has anybody else seen this?

One of the best I have ever had a was a tuna/anchovy calzone. Just a
little anchovy and tuna in olive oil. So full of flavor.

ziggy-wiggy
September 22nd 04, 03:46 PM
"Kevin J. Coolidge" > wrote in message
> A friend of mine just came back from a trip to Germany. He said that a big
> topping in Germany for Pizza is tuna. Says that people love it. He said he
> didm't try it, though he sampled enough German Beer. But I've been all
over
> the US and have seen a lot of unusual toppings for pizza, but never tuna.
> Has anybody else seen this?

Tuna & Sweetcorn

(seafood) Tuna, Prawns, Anchovy, Muscles sprinkled with sweetcorn and onion.
When I make em myself.

Kathy Marie
September 23rd 04, 02:33 AM
"ziggy-wiggy" wrote in message
> "Kevin J. Coolidge" wrote in message
> > <snip> ...have seen a lot of unusual toppings for pizza, but never tuna.
> > Has anybody else seen this?
>
> Tuna & Sweetcorn
>
> (seafood) Tuna, Prawns, Anchovy, Muscles sprinkled with sweetcorn and
onion.
> When I make em myself.

OK, I have to speak up here.

Recipe!! Please??

Kathy Marie
in Wisconsin, where the sweet corn is still in season...

Geezer From The Freezer
September 23rd 04, 10:11 AM
"John M. Williams" wrote:

> "Kevin J. Coolidge" > wrote:
> >A friend of mine just came back from a trip to Germany. He said that a big
> >topping in Germany for Pizza is tuna. Says that people love it. He said he
> >didm't try it, though he sampled enough German Beer. But I've been all over
> >the US and have seen a lot of unusual toppings for pizza, but never tuna.
> >Has anybody else seen this?
>
> Americans like tuna tacos.

And extra large burgers with supersize fries! :D

Helgi Briem
September 23rd 04, 11:42 AM
On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 20:33:14 -0500, "Kathy Marie"
> wrote:

>> Tuna & Sweetcorn
>>
>> (seafood) Tuna, Prawns, Anchovy, Muscles sprinkled with
>> sweetcorn and onion. When I make em myself.
>
>OK, I have to speak up here.
>
>Recipe!! Please??

Why do you need more recipe than that?

I mean you make pizza, then top with tuna, prawns,
anchovy, *mussels*, sweetcorn and onion.

Then bake.

The pizza crust, sauce and cheese would be
sort of standard and generic. Use your favourite.

--
Helgi Briem hbriem AT simnet DOT is

Never worry about anything that you see on the news.
To get on the news it must be sufficiently rare
that your chances of being involved are negligible!

Kathy Marie
September 24th 04, 03:05 AM
> "Helgi Briem" wrote in message
> > On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 20:33:14 -0500, "Kathy Marie"wrote:
> >> Tuna & Sweetcorn
> >> (seafood) Tuna, Prawns, Anchovy, Muscles sprinkled with
> >> sweetcorn and onion. When I make em myself.
> >
> >OK, I have to speak up here.
> >Recipe!! Please??
>
> Why do you need more recipe than that?

Because lots of times when I try a recipe from a brief description the
results aren't satisfactory. And being in Wisconsin, that's going to be one
expensive pizza (if I can even find real prawns!)

> I mean you make pizza, then top with tuna, prawns,
> anchovy, *mussels*, sweetcorn and onion.
> Then bake.

Well, the other factor is the cooking times might be a bit different. Fresh
tuna takes longer than mussels, sweetcorn varies by a *lot* in my experience
and then of course onions aren't all the same...

(Should probably 'fess up here that I grow three types of onions, three
kinds of shallots and five different strains of garlic)

> The pizza crust, sauce and cheese would be sort of standard and generic.
Use your favourite.

??? I was thinking that with that ingredient list, the pizza would have to
be bianca, not generic tomato...?

Sorry, I'm probably being off-topic. I like to cook.

Kathy Marie
whose husband has never told her how much weight he gained after we got
married in Wisconsin...

Helgi Briem
September 24th 04, 09:37 AM
On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 21:05:16 -0500, "Kathy Marie"
> wrote:

>> The pizza crust, sauce and cheese would be sort of
>> standard and generic. Use your favourite.
>
>??? I was thinking that with that ingredient list, the
>pizza would have to be bianca, not generic tomato...?
>
>Sorry, I'm probably being off-topic. I like to cook.

So do I. I just don't do it from recipes. And if
someone gave me an interesting recipe, I'd follow
the ideas in it, not the recipe. But that's just me.