PDA

View Full Version : Re: Newbie Female Wants to Start bodybuilding and Compete

Lyle McDonald
September 21st 04, 06:55 PM
Georgina wrote:

> Hello;
> I am 237lbs 5'4" female 39yrs ( yes overweight) and I have always wanted to
> do bodybuilding and compete. Its a life long dream, one I wish to pursue
> before I get any older with many regrets. I'm in Windsor, Ontario and
> looking for the best way to getting started. I know diet etc, however I
> really do need specifics, food, supplements, regiment, etc. Should I go a
> head and look for a trainer? You can email me privately or answer on the
> post.

Get in touch with Christian Thibadeau, he's up in Canada somewheres. He
writes for http://www.t-mag.com and I'm sure his email is there somewhere.

Most trainers you will find have their head completely up their asses.

He does not.

Lyle

Blast Off!
September 21st 04, 10:38 PM
On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 14:53:10 -0500,
wrote:

>On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 12:57:00 -0400, "Georgina" > wrote:
>
>>Hello;
>>I am 237lbs 5'4" female 39yrs ( yes overweight) and I have always wanted to
>>do bodybuilding and compete. Its a life long dream, one I wish to pursue
>>before I get any older with many regrets. I'm in Windsor, Ontario and
>>looking for the best way to getting started. I know diet etc, however I
>>really do need specifics, food, supplements, regiment, etc. Should I go a
>>head and look for a trainer? You can email me privately or answer on the
>>post.
>>Also any information on upcoming (2005) competition in the Southern Ontario
>>region is welcome.
>>Thanks Pat
>>

>Pics?
>
>Nude ones?
>
>Seriously tho at your age you have your work cut out for you. The thing
>is, you can't lose. Maybe you could be ready to enter local cometitions
>within 3-4 years.
Dont be disheartned, its worth noting that figure could be a lot
earlier depending on the competiton!

bally
September 21st 04, 11:28 PM
> [...]

> and hey, you will look and feel better than you do now. Hang out here,
> follow all the web links you see, learn stuff and put it into practice.
> Train hard. Rest hard. Eat hard. Live hard. BE hard. Make no excuses and
> take no prisoners. You could be looking at a new you in the mirror in a
> matter of a few months, and you could be looking at a great body within
> a year or two. ANYBODY can improve their physique. Prople cry about
> being ectomorphs or endomorphs or hardgainers or having thyroid problems
> or "I eat like a bird and I still get fat" etc... but in the final
> analysis you will find that you can always train a bit more effectively,
> or consume a bit more protein or a bit fewer calories. There ARE no
> excuses. There are diabetics with magnificent bodies developed through
> weight training and proper nutrition. There are people in their old age
> who train and who look great. Anybody can do this. Not everyone can
> compete in national or international shows, and some will always be
> also-rans even in local shows. BUT everyone can improve their physique
> above and beyond what a normal lifestyle grants.
>
> Best advice I can give you is train like a man. If a trainer takes the
> attitude of "here little lady... try these little pink girlie dumbbells
> and then we will hit the jazzercise pit" tell him to go screw himself.
> You will NEVER get more muscular than what is considered feminine or
> even sexy, without drugs, so don't worry about looking like a pro
> wrestler. Won't happen. You will build significant muscle, though, and
> muscle, even at rest, consumes energy, making it easier to attain a
> calorie-deficit state and burn your body's fat. It is win/win. When you
> carry a bit of muscle, you look better, and the extra fat-burning
> ability helps you to achieve a still better look.
>
> Get yourself a couple of good books. Frank Sepe's "The Truth" is a good
> one. Phillips' "Body for Life" is good, but don't assume that you have
> to purchase all the dietary supplements he mentions.Get some general
> knowledge and come back with a tentative plan and let us tear it to
> bits... er I mean helpfully critique it.
>
> Your biggest initial concern is probably "losing weight". Don't think
> "losing weight"... think "losing FAT". Total weight loss should be a
> steady 2 lbs per week, until you get down to about 25% bodyfat, when you
> should taper it out a bit. There are no magic pills. Reduce total
> calories while increasing protein. Cut out all sugars except immediately
> after your training sessions. Increase your normal daily physical
> activities such as walking etc in addition to your weight training.
> Never train the same muscle when it has not yet recovered from the
> previous session. Get plenty of sleep... at least 8 hours. Don't forget
> to send me those nude pics. (I only ask for them to help you develop a
> plan, of course, and I promise not to use them for personal

that's good advice dude. you sir, are a gent.

Miss Violette
September 22nd 04, 01:09 AM
welcome to the group, we mostly deal with weight watchers here which is a
great plan food wise, I think you can get sufficient protein to build but
one of the members who do will have to tell you how, Lee> Hello;
> I am 237lbs 5'4" female 39yrs ( yes overweight) and I have always wanted
> do bodybuilding and compete. Its a life long dream, one I wish to pursue
> before I get any older with many regrets. I'm in Windsor, Ontario and
> looking for the best way to getting started. I know diet etc, however I
> really do need specifics, food, supplements, regiment, etc. Should I go a
> head and look for a trainer? You can email me privately or answer on the
> post.
> Also any information on upcoming (2005) competition in the Southern
Ontario
> region is welcome.
> Thanks Pat

Miss Violette
September 23rd 04, 07:35 PM
actually I use OE unimpressed version five. responsible posting and proper
netiquette is a different thing for each of us. My guess as to why the OP
posted to so many groups is that it was an initial post to see where the
best responses would come from. Our group is very warm and welcoming and
most of us who post here regularly do this for new posters. One of our main
functions here is to be supportive. I was not offended by your post but
wanted you to know we are not so formal in this group. and as far as
crossposting goes, I don't worry about it, I just use the ignore button and
figure anyone else who doesn't want to read a particular thread does the
same. Hope your lifting goes well, Lee, to lazy to lift
> wrote in message
> On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 00:48:49 -0700, "Miss Violette"
> > wrote:
>
> >since I welcomed her to a WW oriented group, one would think I meant the
one
> >in the list, and, since my screen reader doesn't read that part of the
post
> >to me unless it is copied like you did I have no idea if it is cross
posted
> >or not. and just FYI, I rarely read them when they are copied like you
did
> >here, I just felt in a particularly nice mood tonight, and when you say
"we"
> >that does not include me or most caring people, Lee
>
> I was not flaming you. My point was that the original poster was
> probably not especially keen on any particular group to which the thread
> was posted. The idea of "welcoming" her to the weight watcher's group in
> particular seems rather odd. My other point is that one should always be
> aware of whether or not a message is crossposted before replying. I
> figured you were probably unaware of where your pearls of wisdom were
> being sent. Usually there is a way of turning on an alert for
> crossposted messages. I see you are using Lookout Express ver 6 point
> something. That is a fairly full-featured newsreader and there must be a
> way. Why worry about it? Because trolls will crosspost things to
> inappropriate groups just to get a thread of replies going to where they
> are decidedly unwelcome. No need to have full headers displayed on all
> posts in your news program at all times, but you should at least know
> where your reply is going when you reply. That is responsible posting.
> Now, why she crossposted a bodybuilding oriented message to a
> weigh****cher's group in the first place leaves me a bit puzzled, but as
> aa apparent "regular" on a newsgroup, you should know about such things.
> The OP is probably a usenet newbie and can be forgiven for minor to
> moderate violations of netiquette.
>
> OK gotta go. One more set of Arnolds to do and then laterals. Welcome to
> urb... LOL!
>

> --
> When I go to the gym, I TRAIN HARD, and that's it.
> I'm not there to party or to boogaloo.
> I don't want no stinkin' radio playing Metallica or Limp Biscuit.
> I MAKE MY OWN MUSIC, AND DANCE WITH IRON.
>
> The Right Honorable Robinson, Baron of Bourbon

Pet
September 23rd 04, 07:51 PM
Bully wrote:
> Miss Violette wrote:
>

>>to lazy to lift
>

> Does that explain why you're a regular on asdw?

Ooohhhh!

--
http://gymratz.co.uk - UK's best bodybuilding supplements,gym equipment.
http://gymratz.co.uk/hot-seat.htm - Live web-cam!

JD
October 2nd 04, 02:37 AM
On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 05:37:37 +0000, Willow wrote:

> Ah the joys of crossposting..

Ah, the pricks of top posting.