I don't want to lose any more of t hat.

Donovan Rebbechi
September 21st 04, 07:16 PM
On 2004-09-21, Dan O'Connor > wrote:
> How would one go about getting a more muscular/trim looking face? Not
> including general weight loss... because I already have only 4% body fat and
> I don't want to lose any more of t hat.

Surgery

Cheers,
--
Donovan Rebbechi
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/

Lyle McDonald
September 21st 04, 07:19 PM
Dan O'Connor wrote:
> How would one go about getting a more muscular/trim looking face? Not
> including general weight loss... because I already have only 4% body fat and
> I don't want to lose any more of t hat.

Suck a lot of dick.

Lyle

Lee Michaels
September 21st 04, 07:22 PM
"Dan O'Connor" > wrote

> How would one go about getting a more muscular/trim looking face? Not
> including general weight loss... because I already have only 4% body fat
and
> I don't want to lose any more of t hat.

Xaveria Hollander revealed in The Happy Hooker that she acheived a very
muscular face from the many blowjobs she performed. She received lots of
compliments on her well defined face and cheekbones.

HTH

TheTortoise
September 21st 04, 07:23 PM
Dan O'Connor wrote:
> How would one go about getting a more muscular/trim looking face?
Not
> including general weight loss... because I already have only 4% body
fat and
> I don't want to lose any more of t hat.

Well, I suppose you need to lift weights with your face. . .Perhaps lip
presses, performed on a bench with a small plate on your mouth. . .or,
if you can wiggle your ears, you might try ear-shrugs (much easier if
you have pierced ears, I imagine, but, if not, alligator clips might
work). . .eyelid raises are another possibility (again the alligator
clips might come in handy). . .also, nostril expansions (perhaps with
resistance provided by your fingers). . .

No doubt, a routine such as this, diligently applied, will result in
the muscle-bound face you desire. If I've misunderstood and, if fact,
you're looking only to cut fat in the face then I would imagine some
face-cardio would be in order. . .

JayB
September 21st 04, 07:39 PM
"TheTortoise" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Dan O'Connor wrote:
> > How would one go about getting a more muscular/trim looking face?
> Not
> > including general weight loss... because I already have only 4% body
> fat and
> > I don't want to lose any more of t hat.
>
> Well, I suppose you need to lift weights with your face. . .Perhaps lip
> presses, performed on a bench with a small plate on your mouth. . .or,
> if you can wiggle your ears, you might try ear-shrugs (much easier if
> you have pierced ears, I imagine, but, if not, alligator clips might
> work). . .eyelid raises are another possibility (again the alligator
> clips might come in handy). . .also, nostril expansions (perhaps with
> resistance provided by your fingers). . .

He could use ice fishing depth finders
(http://www.peterson-outdoors.com/DepthF2.jpg). They come with the clips
installed and you can workout while you fish.

John Dunlop
September 21st 04, 07:41 PM
Dan O'Connor wrote:

> How would one go about getting a more muscular/trim looking face? Not
> including general weight loss...

Chew iron instead of chewing gum.

--
Jock

Dan O'Connor
September 21st 04, 07:57 PM
So nobody knows?

"Dan O'Connor" > wrote in message
> How would one go about getting a more muscular/trim looking face? Not
> including general weight loss... because I already have only 4% body fat
and
> I don't want to lose any more of t hat.

freddy
September 21st 04, 08:06 PM
"Dan O'Connor" > wrote in message
> How would one go about getting a more muscular/trim looking face? Not
> including general weight loss... because I already have only 4% body fat
and
> I don't want to lose any more of t hat.

try JawTrim from muscletech

David Cohen
September 21st 04, 08:08 PM
"Dan O'Connor" > wrote
> How would one go about getting a more muscular/trim looking face? Not
> including general weight loss... because I already have only 4% body fat
and
> I don't want to lose any more of t hat.

A good plastic surgeon.

David

September 21st 04, 08:24 PM
On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 18:57:16 GMT, "Dan O'Connor" >
wrote:

>So nobody knows?

Well, I keep telling my wife about the fellatio thing...

if that ain't your thing, do a search on "face exercises". You will
find hundreds of links. Yoga has some. Acting schools work with face
exercises.

google is my friend. . .

Hal

>"Dan O'Connor" > wrote in message
>> How would one go about getting a more muscular/trim looking face? Not
>> including general weight loss... because I already have only 4% body fat
>and
>> I don't want to lose any more of t hat.

Donovan Rebbechi
September 21st 04, 08:29 PM
On 2004-09-21, Dan O'Connor > wrote:
> So nobody knows?

I thought I answered this one. Short answer:

Surgery.

Long answer: you can't spot reduce (though I'd be surprised if you have a
fat face if you're really at 4% body fat)

Cheers,
--
Donovan Rebbechi
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/

Dan O'Connor
September 21st 04, 08:36 PM
"freddy" > wrote in message

> "Dan O'Connor" > wrote in message
> > How would one go about getting a more muscular/trim looking face? Not
> > including general weight loss... because I already have only 4% body fat
> and
> > I don't want to lose any more of t hat.
> >

> try JawTrim from muscletech

I couldn't find anything called that online

Slambram
September 21st 04, 09:00 PM
On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 17:59:31 GMT, "Dan O'Connor" >
wrote:

>How would one go about getting a more muscular/trim looking face? Not
>including general weight loss... because I already have only 4% body fat and
>I don't want to lose any more of t hat.

4%? Really. How did you measure?

Proton Soup
September 21st 04, 09:03 PM
On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 19:36:23 GMT, "Dan O'Connor" >
wrote:

>"freddy" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Dan O'Connor" > wrote in message
>> > How would one go about getting a more muscular/trim looking face? Not
>> > including general weight loss... because I already have only 4% body fat
>> and
>> > I don't want to lose any more of t hat.
>>
>> try JawTrim from muscletech
>
>I couldn't find anything called that online

Of course not. What you want is a mandibultor.

-----------
Proton Soup

"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum."

GS
September 21st 04, 09:21 PM
wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 18:57:16 GMT, "Dan O'Connor" >
> wrote:
>

>>So nobody knows?
>

> Well, I keep telling my wife about the fellatio thing...

does it work?

Cormac
September 21st 04, 09:28 PM
Sorry Dan,

There a lot of idiots in here...better off to filter a lot of them.

"Dan O'Connor" > wrote in message
> How would one go about getting a more muscular/trim looking face? Not
> including general weight loss... because I already have only 4% body fat
and
> I don't want to lose any more of t hat.

Dan O'Connor
September 21st 04, 09:29 PM
"Dan O'Connor" > wrote in message
> How would one go about getting a more muscular/trim looking face? Not
> including general weight loss... because I already have only 4% body fat
and
> I don't want to lose any more of t hat.

Mandibultor.. haha.... quiet.

I get the point, there isn't a way.

Well there's an electronic body fat sensor at my school where you enter in
some information, and then hold it and it checks your body's resistance and
calculates your body fat percentage based on that... it mostly comes up with
an error for me because its too low to take an accurate measurement on, but
sometimes it comes up around 4%.

Lee Michaels
September 21st 04, 09:35 PM
"Cormac" > wrote in message
> Sorry Dan,
>
> There a lot of idiots in here...better off to filter a lot of them.

The so called idiots that you recommend filtering have forgotten more about
training than you will ever know.

Two hints.

Net nannies contribute little or nothing to any discussion on the net.

Read this. You might learn something.

http://home.comcast.net/~mfw/

Kevin J. Coolidge
September 21st 04, 09:46 PM
I would suspect that you may be higher than 4%. I have seen other
weightlifters(myself included) that you could see the muscles in their face
well defined at higher BF % than that.

"Dan O'Connor" > wrote in message

> "Dan O'Connor" > wrote in message
>> How would one go about getting a more muscular/trim looking face? Not
>> including general weight loss... because I already have only 4% body fat
> and
>> I don't want to lose any more of t hat.
>>

> Mandibultor.. haha.... quiet.
>
> I get the point, there isn't a way.
>
> Well there's an electronic body fat sensor at my school where you enter in
> some information, and then hold it and it checks your body's resistance
> and
> calculates your body fat percentage based on that... it mostly comes up
> with
> an error for me because its too low to take an accurate measurement on,
> but
> sometimes it comes up around 4%.

Kevin J. Coolidge
September 21st 04, 09:48 PM
I do have an inexpensive idea for you to try. Try a boxing mouthpiece. You
can bite down on it hard during your lifts. A buddy of mine uses on so he
doesn't chip his teeth.
"Dan O'Connor" > wrote in message

> "Dan O'Connor" > wrote in message
>> How would one go about getting a more muscular/trim looking face? Not
>> including general weight loss... because I already have only 4% body fat
> and
>> I don't want to lose any more of t hat.
>>

> Mandibultor.. haha.... quiet.
>
> I get the point, there isn't a way.
>
> Well there's an electronic body fat sensor at my school where you enter in
> some information, and then hold it and it checks your body's resistance
> and
> calculates your body fat percentage based on that... it mostly comes up
> with
> an error for me because its too low to take an accurate measurement on,
> but
> sometimes it comes up around 4%.

freddy
September 21st 04, 10:12 PM
"Dan O'Connor" > wrote in message

> "freddy" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Dan O'Connor" > wrote in message
> > > How would one go about getting a more muscular/trim looking face? Not
> > > including general weight loss... because I already have only 4% body
fat
> > and
> > > I don't want to lose any more of t hat.
> > >

> > try JawTrim from muscletech
> >

> I couldn't find anything called that online

sorry, I thought you were a member.

freddy
September 21st 04, 10:12 PM
"Proton Soup" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 19:36:23 GMT, "Dan O'Connor" >
> wrote:

Not
> >> and
> >>
> >> try JawTrim from muscletech
> >
> >I couldn't find anything called that online
>
> Of course not. What you want is a mandibultor.

He's not a member.

Slambram
September 21st 04, 10:33 PM
On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 20:29:46 GMT, "Dan O'Connor" >
wrote:

>"Dan O'Connor" > wrote in message
>> How would one go about getting a more muscular/trim looking face? Not
>> including general weight loss... because I already have only 4% body fat
>and
>> I don't want to lose any more of t hat.
>>

>Mandibultor.. haha.... quiet.
>
>I get the point, there isn't a way.
>
>Well there's an electronic body fat sensor at my school where you enter in
>some information, and then hold it and it checks your body's resistance and
>calculates your body fat percentage based on that... it mostly comes up with
>an error for me because its too low to take an accurate measurement on, but
>sometimes it comes up around 4%.

OK, that just about confirms it - you're a troll.

If you're not a troll, go find a water tank at a university somewhere,
find out your real BF%, read read read, then post back here if you
still have any questions.

If you still need an answer today - you have too much fat to achieve
the gaunt look you desire. I know that's not the answer you wanted,
but...

Dan O'Connor
September 21st 04, 10:44 PM
Another question... what is a safe body fat percentage for an 18 year old
male to be?

"Slambram" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 20:29:46 GMT, "Dan O'Connor" >
> wrote:
>

> >"Dan O'Connor" > wrote in message
> >> How would one go about getting a more muscular/trim looking face? Not
> >> including general weight loss... because I already have only 4% body
fat
> >and
> >> I don't want to lose any more of t hat.
> >>

> >Mandibultor.. haha.... quiet.
> >
> >I get the point, there isn't a way.
> >
> >Well there's an electronic body fat sensor at my school where you enter
in
> >some information, and then hold it and it checks your body's resistance
and
> >calculates your body fat percentage based on that... it mostly comes up
with
> >an error for me because its too low to take an accurate measurement on,
but
> >sometimes it comes up around 4%.
> >

> OK, that just about confirms it - you're a troll.
>
> If you're not a troll, go find a water tank at a university somewhere,
> find out your real BF%, read read read, then post back here if you
> still have any questions.
>
> If you still need an answer today - you have too much fat to achieve
> the gaunt look you desire. I know that's not the answer you wanted,
> but...

Kevin J. Coolidge
September 21st 04, 10:49 PM
I've read that under 5% for a male is unhealthy. Easier to bruise(no contact
sports) and the hormonal levels plummet. I don't see a reason to be under
6%. There's no benefit for sports performance. Exception if you were peaking
for a bodybuilding contest, and wasn't planing on maintaining that low a
BF%. But that's what I read, anyone else?

"Dan O'Connor" > wrote in message
> Another question... what is a safe body fat percentage for an 18 year old
> male to be?
>

> "Slambram" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 20:29:46 GMT, "Dan O'Connor" >
>> wrote:

> fat
>> >and
>> >>

>> >Mandibultor.. haha.... quiet.
>> >
>> >I get the point, there isn't a way.
>> >
>> >Well there's an electronic body fat sensor at my school where you enter
> in
>> >some information, and then hold it and it checks your body's resistance
> and
>> >calculates your body fat percentage based on that... it mostly comes up
> with
>> >an error for me because its too low to take an accurate measurement on,
> but
>> >sometimes it comes up around 4%.
>> >

>> OK, that just about confirms it - you're a troll.
>>
>> If you're not a troll, go find a water tank at a university somewhere,
>> find out your real BF%, read read read, then post back here if you
>> still have any questions.
>>
>> If you still need an answer today - you have too much fat to achieve
>> the gaunt look you desire. I know that's not the answer you wanted,
>> but...

Dan O'Connor
September 22nd 04, 12:39 AM
"Dan O'Connor" > wrote in message
> How would one go about getting a more muscular/trim looking face? Not
> including general weight loss... because I already have only 4% body fat
and
> I don't want to lose any more of t hat.

Well it's not that I have face fat, I was just looing for a tighter or more
muscular looking face; I've heard about facial exercises, but I wasn't sure
if they worked or what.

Steve Freides
September 22nd 04, 03:41 AM
"Dan O'Connor" > wrote in message
> How would one go about getting a more muscular/trim looking face? Not
> including general weight loss... because I already have only 4% body
> fat and
> I don't want to lose any more of t hat.

If you'll forgive a serious answer, two possibilities come to mind.

First, you can practice opening and closing your mouth against
resistance. One way I've seen this done is to lay on the floor, prop
your chin up on your fists, and open your mouth. You can easily vary
the downward pressure. Second, you can learn to play a brass instrument
(trumpet, trombone, French Horn, etc.). The muscles all around the
mouth are important stabilizers for the embouchure. Google "embouchure
exercise" and you'll find quite a few things but none of them will make
sense unless you play a brass instrument.

Steve "recently took up the french horn" Freides
http://www.kbnj.com

Proton Soup
September 22nd 04, 03:44 AM
On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 22:41:00 -0400, "Steve Freides"
> wrote:

>"Dan O'Connor" > wrote in message
>> How would one go about getting a more muscular/trim looking face? Not
>> including general weight loss... because I already have only 4% body
>> fat and
>> I don't want to lose any more of t hat.
>
>If you'll forgive a serious answer, two possibilities come to mind.
>
>First, you can practice opening and closing your mouth against
>resistance. One way I've seen this done is to lay on the floor, prop
>your chin up on your fists, and open your mouth. You can easily vary
>the downward pressure. Second, you can learn to play a brass instrument
>(trumpet, trombone, French Horn, etc.). The muscles all around the
>mouth are important stabilizers for the embouchure. Google "embouchure
>exercise" and you'll find quite a few things but none of them will make
>sense unless you play a brass instrument.
>
>Steve "recently took up the french horn" Freides

I did that for one concert season in high school, but it ****s up the
embouchure for trumpet, so I quit. Don't think the band director
liked it too much, though. French horn players are hard to come by.

-----------
Proton Soup

"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum."

Steve Freides
September 22nd 04, 05:25 AM
"Proton Soup" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 22:41:00 -0400, "Steve Freides"
> > wrote:
>
>>"Dan O'Connor" > wrote in message
>>> How would one go about getting a more muscular/trim looking face?
>>> Not
>>> including general weight loss... because I already have only 4% body
>>> fat and
>>> I don't want to lose any more of t hat.
>>
>>If you'll forgive a serious answer, two possibilities come to mind.
>>
>>First, you can practice opening and closing your mouth against
>>resistance. One way I've seen this done is to lay on the floor, prop
>>your chin up on your fists, and open your mouth. You can easily vary
>>the downward pressure. Second, you can learn to play a brass
>>instrument
>>(trumpet, trombone, French Horn, etc.). The muscles all around the
>>mouth are important stabilizers for the embouchure. Google
>>"embouchure
>>exercise" and you'll find quite a few things but none of them will
>>make
>>sense unless you play a brass instrument.
>>
>>Steve "recently took up the french horn" Freides
>
> I did that for one concert season in high school, but it ****s up the
> embouchure for trumpet, so I quit. Don't think the band director
> liked it too much, though. French horn players are hard to come by.

Your first point is interesting but not completely correct based on what
I know. My son is in his 4th year as a trumpet player and his 2nd year
as french horn player. When we were considering a second instrument
for him, the concensus was, for a variety of reasons, that the best
second instrument for a trumpet player was the french horn. Yes, there
are embouchure differences, but my son goes back and forth between the
two pretty easily and, in fact, his french horn teacher also plays the
trumpet (although his trumpet teacher doesn't play the french horn).
I'm sure, at some point in one's career and studies, one has to put one
or the other on the back burner and try to perfect technique on the
primary instrument, but I think they coexist pretty well for the most
part. My guess is that he'll play both for a while, put one away for
high school and college, and pick the other up after that again.

Your second point, about french horn players being hard to come by, is
quite correct. That's another reason we encouraged my son to take up
the french horn - I taught in a conservatory for 10 years so I know this
first-hand. As my son's teacher likes to say, people are under the
mistaken impression that the french horn is hard to learn so few people
try - let's leave them with that impression. :)

Our story, briefly, is that we bought David both a new trumpet and a new
french horn a couple of months ago (used professional models to replace
the student instruments he had) so we now have two of each instrument in
our house. I've always loved the sound of the french horn and, being
the theory geek, perfect pitchie that I am, I figured it would be a fun
first orchestral instrument for me - so I started teaching myself from
one of David's beginner books. When David mentioned this to his
teacher, his teacher asked if I would come to the next lesson and play
duets with David - yikes! I practiced two or three times a day for a
week, made a lot of progress, and had a great time at the lesson.
Basically I got to the level my son should be at, more or less, while my
son plays well ahead of where he might reasonably be expected to be at
age 12. I plan to continue informally, probably just sneaking into my
son's lesson a few times a year for pointers and otherwise continuing on
my own.

Short version - if you want to go to music school and you want to
greatly increase your chances of success, play the viola or the french
horn. Both are required for a symphony orchestra and players for both
are usually in short supply.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

> -----------
> Proton Soup
>
> "Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum."

Proton Soup
September 22nd 04, 05:52 AM
On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 00:25:54 -0400, "Steve Freides"
> wrote:

>As my son's teacher likes to say, people are under the
>mistaken impression that the french horn is hard to learn so few people
>try - let's leave them with that impression. :)

I think that's probably a good attitude with which to approach it, but
I wouldn't go so far as to say the french horn is easy to play. Even
good players screw up all the time, don't they? From what I remember,
it's fairly easy to bruise a note. Anyway, my primary reason for
returning to trumpet was because it was my first love. I only played
the horn that one year because I was asked, but I just couldn't live
with doing the favor a second year. Besides, although I knew I didn't
have the talent to pursue trumpet professionally, I was good at it
compared to my peers. That said, I haven't played it in years.

-----------
Proton Soup

"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum."

Geezer From The Freezer
September 22nd 04, 09:35 AM
Dan O'Connor wrote:

> How would one go about getting a more muscular/trim looking face? Not
> including general weight loss... because I already have only 4% body fat and
> I don't want to lose any more of t hat.

4% I doubt thaty very much!

September 22nd 04, 01:40 PM
On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 13:24:45 -0600, wrote:

>On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 18:57:16 GMT, "Dan O'Connor" >
>wrote:
>
>>So nobody knows?
>
>Well, I keep telling my wife about the fellatio thing...
>
>if that ain't your thing, do a search on "face exercises". You will
>find hundreds of links.

Facebuilding: The Daily 5-Minute Program for a Beautiful, Wrinkle-Free
Face By Reinhold Benz (NY: Sterling Publishing Co., 1991)

Foreword

"As a bodybuilder trains his muscular body, a facebuilder trains his
facial muscles. And the face remains young, supple, fresh, and the
skin retains its elasticity. The effort: five to ten minutes a day,
wherever you choose."

Werner Mang, M.D.
Clinic for Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery
Bodensee

Hmmm . . . Is this something David Beckham might be doing?

> Yoga has some. Acting schools work with face
>exercises.
>
>google is my friend. . .
>
>Hal
>

>>"Dan O'Connor" > wrote in message
>>> How would one go about getting a more muscular/trim looking face? Not
>>> including general weight loss... because I already have only 4% body fat
>>and
>>> I don't want to lose any more of t hat.

spodosaurus
September 22nd 04, 03:24 PM
GS wrote:
> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 18:57:16 GMT, "Dan O'Connor" >
>> wrote:
>>

>>> So nobody knows?
>>

>> Well, I keep telling my wife about the fellatio thing...
>>
> does it work?

Worked for him apparently...maybe his wife doesn't want her face to be
as muscley as his

September 22nd 04, 03:29 PM
On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 23:39:33 GMT, "Dan O'Connor" >
wrote:

>"Dan O'Connor" > wrote in message
>> How would one go about getting a more muscular/trim looking face? Not
>> including general weight loss... because I already have only 4% body fat
>and
>> I don't want to lose any more of t hat.
>>

>Well it's not that I have face fat, I was just looing for a tighter or more
>muscular looking face; I've heard about facial exercises, but I wasn't sure
>if they worked or what.

You might want to try doing a search on "facials" and you will find
lots of information on exercises.

Hal

ziggy-wiggy
September 22nd 04, 03:53 PM
"Dan O'Connor" > wrote in message
> How would one go about getting a more muscular/trim looking face? Not
> including general weight loss... because I already have only 4% body fat
and
> I don't want to lose any more of t hat.

Brian Thompson has a really muscular face. Why not contact him and ask him
how he did it?

http://www.us.imdb.com/name/nm0859921/

Steve Freides
September 22nd 04, 04:23 PM
"Proton Soup" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 00:25:54 -0400, "Steve Freides"
> > wrote:
>
>>As my son's teacher likes to say, people are under the
>>mistaken impression that the french horn is hard to learn so few
>>people
>>try - let's leave them with that impression. :)
>
> I think that's probably a good attitude with which to approach it, but
> I wouldn't go so far as to say the french horn is easy to play. Even
> good players screw up all the time, don't they? From what I remember,
> it's fairly easy to bruise a note.

Yup - I don't know much about this but my impression is that it's easier
to screw up because you're playing higher in the overtone series on a
french horn than on most other brass (or other) instruments. Hell, the
first time my son picked one up, he was lipping (not using any of the
valves/keys for you non-horn players out there) entire songs he knew
before he'd even had his first lesson. When you can lip a major scale
on a brass instrument..... I think that's what accounts for the more
frequent mistakes - much more control of the embouchure is required.
All this is just so much guessing on my part - may be totally off.

> Anyway, my primary reason for
> returning to trumpet was because it was my first love. I only played
> the horn that one year because I was asked, but I just couldn't live
> with doing the favor a second year. Besides, although I knew I didn't
> have the talent to pursue trumpet professionally, I was good at it
> compared to my peers. That said, I haven't played it in years.

The beautiful thing about music is that you can enjoy it without needing
to be a pro or compete at anything - I love to play the piano even
though I'm a pretty crappy pianist, and I'm having a grand old time w/
the horn, too. I'm looking forward to getting good enough to play in a
local community orchestra or band some time in the future. (Actually,
given that it's the french horn, I could probably do that already!)

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

> -----------
> Proton Soup
>
> "Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum."

rick++
September 22nd 04, 04:36 PM
> Xaveria Hollander revealed in The Happy Hooker that she acheived a very
> muscular face from the many blowjobs she performed. She received lots of
> compliments on her well defined face and cheekbones.

I can often tell a smoker from their face lines. They have a crease going
from their nose to the edge of their mouth. Or just a little crease at the
end of their mouths.

And I thought I could pick out frequent French and German speakers from their
faces too, from having to purse their lips to make the umlaut-u sound.
(Not that faggy Euro clothes and haircuts are a giveaway.)

Proton Soup
September 22nd 04, 04:37 PM
On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 11:23:46 -0400, "Steve Freides"
> wrote:

>"Proton Soup" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 00:25:54 -0400, "Steve Freides"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>As my son's teacher likes to say, people are under the
>>>mistaken impression that the french horn is hard to learn so few
>>>people
>>>try - let's leave them with that impression. :)
>>
>> I think that's probably a good attitude with which to approach it, but
>> I wouldn't go so far as to say the french horn is easy to play. Even
>> good players screw up all the time, don't they? From what I remember,
>> it's fairly easy to bruise a note.
>
>Yup - I don't know much about this but my impression is that it's easier
>to screw up because you're playing higher in the overtone series on a
>french horn than on most other brass (or other) instruments. Hell, the
>first time my son picked one up, he was lipping (not using any of the
>valves/keys for you non-horn players out there) entire songs he knew
>before he'd even had his first lesson. When you can lip a major scale
>on a brass instrument..... I think that's what accounts for the more
>frequent mistakes - much more control of the embouchure is required.
>All this is just so much guessing on my part - may be totally off.

Yeah, I'd totally forgotten about that part. Been about 16 years,
though. If you ever want to try a brass instrument that's just stupid
easy, though, try the baritone.

-----------
Proton Soup

"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum."

Bob Falooley
September 22nd 04, 05:16 PM
ziggy-wiggy wrote:

> "Dan O'Connor" > wrote in message
>> How would one go about getting a more muscular/trim looking face? Not
>> including general weight loss... because I already have only 4% body fat
> and
>> I don't want to lose any more of t hat.
>
> Brian Thompson has a really muscular face. Why not contact him and ask
> him how he did it?
>
> http://www.us.imdb.com/name/nm0859921/

It puts the joe dirt in the hole.

--Falooley

Dan O'Connor
September 22nd 04, 09:28 PM
"Geezer From The Freezer" > wrote in message

> Dan O'Connor wrote:
> >
> > How would one go about getting a more muscular/trim looking face? Not
> > including general weight loss... because I already have only 4% body fat
and
> > I don't want to lose any more of t hat.
>
> 4% I doubt thaty very much!

I wish I had more... it's so hard to gain muscle mass like this,, but no
matter how much I eat I can't gain anything.

Kathy Marie
September 23rd 04, 02:26 AM
"Proton Soup" wrote in message
> I think that's probably a good attitude with which to approach it, but
> I wouldn't go so far as to say the french horn is easy to play. Even
> good players screw up all the time, don't they? From what I remember,
> it's fairly easy to bruise a note.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What is "bruising a note"??

Enquiring Kathy's Want To Know,

Kathy Marie
in Wisconsin, who just *lurves* a good sax... (and yes, I Know I'm setting
the stage for double entendres! ;-)

Helgi Briem
September 23rd 04, 10:39 AM
On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 20:28:59 GMT, "Dan O'Connor" >
wrote:

>> Dan O'Connor wrote:
>> > How would one go about getting a more muscular/trim looking face? Not
>> > including general weight loss... because I already have only 4% body fat
>> > and I don't want to lose any more of t hat.
>>
>> 4% I doubt thaty very much!
>
>I wish I had more... it's so hard to gain muscle mass like this,, but no
>matter how much I eat I can't gain anything.

Hahahahaha!

--
Helgi Briem hbriem AT simnet DOT is

Never worry about anything that you see on the news.
To get on the news it must be sufficiently rare
that your chances of being involved are negligible!

Steve Freides
September 23rd 04, 04:02 PM
"Kathy Marie" > wrote in message

> "Proton Soup" wrote in message
>> I think that's probably a good attitude with which to approach it,
>> but
>> I wouldn't go so far as to say the french horn is easy to play. Even
>> good players screw up all the time, don't they? From what I
>> remember,
>> it's fairly easy to bruise a note.
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> What is "bruising a note"??

Pretty much what you'd think - making it sound lousy in some way or
other, usually by not hitting the right pitch when you first try and
then quickly hunting, while the world listens, for the proper note.
Think about an adolescent male's voice cracking when he speaks and
you'll get the idea. An elephant bellowing might also describe it.

Steve "good to about an octave above written middle 'C', iffy after
that" Freides
http://www.kbnj.com

> Enquiring Kathy's Want To Know,
>
> Kathy Marie
> in Wisconsin, who just *lurves* a good sax... (and yes, I Know I'm
> setting
> the stage for double entendres! ;-)

Proton Soup
September 23rd 04, 04:49 PM
On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 20:26:03 -0500, "Kathy Marie"
> wrote:

>"Proton Soup" wrote in message
>> I think that's probably a good attitude with which to approach it, but
>> I wouldn't go so far as to say the french horn is easy to play. Even
>> good players screw up all the time, don't they? From what I remember,
>> it's fairly easy to bruise a note.
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>What is "bruising a note"??
>
>Enquiring Kathy's Want To Know,
>
>Kathy Marie
>in Wisconsin, who just *lurves* a good sax... (and yes, I Know I'm setting
>the stage for double entendres! ;-)

I don't even know that's good terminology on my part, but in my mind
at least, it's when you mean to play one note, but something else
starts to come out and you end up making a mess out of it trying to
slur up or down to where it's supposed to be. Maybe "sour note" is a
better term? Anyway, probably not quite the same thing for reed
players, although they're known to squeak from time to time, too.

-----------
Proton Soup

"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum."

bc
September 23rd 04, 09:10 PM
Helgi Briem > wrote in message >...
> On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 20:28:59 GMT, "Dan O'Connor" >
> wrote:

> >> 4% I doubt thaty very much!
> >
> >I wish I had more... it's so hard to gain muscle mass like this,, but no
> >matter how much I eat I can't gain anything.
> >
> Hahahahaha!

You're, what was it? 15? Who cares? Eat everything in sight and
enjoy it. When you hit college, things will slow down. Eat big, lift
lots of weights, and build that foundation for when the bulk starts
showing up. It will eventually.

- bc

Bobius
September 27th 04, 07:43 PM
"Dan O'Connor" > wrote in
:

> How would one go about getting a more muscular/trim looking face? Not
> including general weight loss... because I already have only 4% body
> fat and I don't want to lose any more of t hat.

Buy a large pack of Baloons and blow them up using your cheek/mouth muscles
(NOT your lungs) to push the air out of your mouth. You could also start
playing the Didgeridoo as the circuler breathing uses these muscles.

Axel of the North!
October 4th 04, 06:49 PM
On 21 Sep 2004 11:23:34 -0700, "TheTortoise" >
wrote:

>Dan O'Connor wrote:
>> How would one go about getting a more muscular/trim looking face?
>Not
>> including general weight loss... because I already have only 4% body
>fat and
>> I don't want to lose any more of t hat.
>
>Well, I suppose you need to lift weights with your face. . .Perhaps lip
>presses, performed on a bench with a small plate on your mouth. . .or,
>if you can wiggle your ears, you might try ear-shrugs (much easier if
>you have pierced ears, I imagine, but, if not, alligator clips might
>work). . .eyelid raises are another possibility (again the alligator
>clips might come in handy). . .also, nostril expansions (perhaps with
>resistance provided by your fingers). . .
>
>No doubt, a routine such as this, diligently applied, will result in
>the muscle-bound face you desire. If I've misunderstood and, if fact,
>you're looking only to cut fat in the face then I would imagine some
>face-cardio would be in order. . .

LOL!

Axel of the North!
October 4th 04, 06:56 PM
On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 20:26:03 -0500, "Kathy Marie"
> wrote:

>"Proton Soup" wrote in message
>> I think that's probably a good attitude with which to approach it, but
>> I wouldn't go so far as to say the french horn is easy to play. Even
>> good players screw up all the time, don't they? From what I remember,
>> it's fairly easy to bruise a note.
>
>What is "bruising a note"??
>
>Enquiring Kathy's Want To Know,
>
>Kathy Marie
>in Wisconsin, who just *lurves* a good sax... (and yes, I Know I'm setting
>the stage for double entendres! ;-)

i want to hold your alliums; i want to smell them; i want to taste
them; i want your alliums in my mouth right now!