PDA

View Full Version : Power lifting ?

Robert Schuh
September 22nd 04, 12:21 AM
When you are in a meet where knee wraps are legal, can you put them over
sweats or do they have to go right over bare skin? I know I life much
better with them over sweats.

Thanks

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

Will
September 22nd 04, 12:29 AM
In article >,
Robert Schuh > wrote:

> When you are in a meet where knee wraps are legal, can you put them over
> sweats or do they have to go right over bare skin? I know I life much
> better with them over sweats.

Bare skin.

No sweats allowed, you have to wear a singlet or squat suit so the
judges have a good view of the hip joint.

Will
September 22nd 04, 12:34 AM
In article >,
Will > wrote:

> In article >,
> Robert Schuh > wrote:
>
> > When you are in a meet where knee wraps are legal, can you put them over
> > sweats or do they have to go right over bare skin? I know I life much
> > better with them over sweats.
>
> Bare skin.

That said, lots of guys chalk up their knees and/or their wraps to make
them grab a bit better.

Keith Hobman
September 22nd 04, 12:56 AM
In article >, Robert Schuh
> wrote:

> When you are in a meet where knee wraps are legal, can you put them over
> sweats or do they have to go right over bare skin? I know I life much
> better with them over sweats.

Knees. You can't wear sweats. But a lot of people chalk their legs.

Plus you have to get your butt down in a powerlifting competition. So you
don't really want a whole pile of material behind the knee.

John Hanson
September 22nd 04, 01:34 AM
On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 16:34:36 -0700, Will >
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>In article >,
> Will > wrote:
>
>> In article >,
>> Robert Schuh > wrote:
>>
>> > When you are in a meet where knee wraps are legal, can you put them over
>> > sweats or do they have to go right over bare skin? I know I life much
>> > better with them over sweats.
>>
>> Bare skin.
>
>That said, lots of guys chalk up their knees and/or their wraps to make
>them grab a bit better.

But you can't chalk your knee wraps.

Will
September 22nd 04, 03:48 AM
In article >,
John Hanson > wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 16:34:36 -0700, Will >
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>
> >In article >,
> > Will > wrote:

> >> Bare skin.
> >
> >That said, lots of guys chalk up their knees and/or their wraps to make
> >them grab a bit better.
>
> But you can't chalk your knee wraps.

Depends on the federation. Rob is looking for untested meets. Chances
are he can.

John Hanson
September 22nd 04, 04:01 AM
On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 19:48:52 -0700, Will >
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>In article >,
> John Hanson > wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 16:34:36 -0700, Will >
>> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>> >That said, lots of guys chalk up their knees and/or their wraps to make
>> >them grab a bit better.
>>
>> But you can't chalk your knee wraps.
>
>Depends on the federation. Rob is looking for untested meets. Chances
>are he can.

That's true. I think it's ironic though that you can't put chalk on
your wraps, but you can chalk your knees and the chalk from your knees
can get onto the wrap.

Robert Schuh
September 22nd 04, 07:35 AM
Will wrote:

> In article >,
> John Hanson > wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 16:34:36 -0700, Will >
> > wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

> > >That said, lots of guys chalk up their knees and/or their wraps to make
> > >them grab a bit better.
> >
> > But you can't chalk your knee wraps.
>
> Depends on the federation. Rob is looking for untested meets. Chances
> are he can.

I am NOT looking for meets. I am only curious. I am and never was a powerlifter.

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche