PDA

View Full Version : Is there a non tested powerlifting organization?

Robert Schuh
September 22nd 04, 12:24 AM
Are there any groups in powerlifting who just don't care about drug use
like in bodybuilding? I would hope that there would be at least one
organization that would let people try to reach the highest limits
without testing etc.

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

Will
September 22nd 04, 12:33 AM
In article >,
Robert Schuh > wrote:

> Are there any groups in powerlifting who just don't care about drug use
> like in bodybuilding? I would hope that there would be at least one
> organization that would let people try to reach the highest limits
> without testing etc.

Yes, plenty. Or at least there are plenty that offer both tested and
untested divisions.

USPF for the strictest rules of performance and the most restrictions on
gear. (Among federations offering nontested divisions that is. Don't
know of any untested federations that have raw divisions.) Don't know
how active they are in AZ, but plenty of meets in Southern CA.

APF is a little looser on the judging and allows more gear. I know of a
couple guys trying to get the APF established in AZ. I can give you
their contact info if you want.

IPA is even more relaxed. No idea of its presence in AZ.

Robert Schuh
September 22nd 04, 07:37 AM
Will wrote:

> In article >,
> Robert Schuh > wrote:
>
> > Are there any groups in powerlifting who just don't care about drug use
> > like in bodybuilding? I would hope that there would be at least one
> > organization that would let people try to reach the highest limits
> > without testing etc.
>
> Yes, plenty. Or at least there are plenty that offer both tested and
> untested divisions.
>
> USPF for the strictest rules of performance and the most restrictions on
> gear. (Among federations offering nontested divisions that is. Don't
> know of any untested federations that have raw divisions.) Don't know
> how active they are in AZ, but plenty of meets in Southern CA.
>
> APF is a little looser on the judging and allows more gear. I know of a
> couple guys trying to get the APF established in AZ. I can give you
> their contact info if you want.
>
> IPA is even more relaxed. No idea of its presence in AZ.

No thanks. I have ZERO interest in powerlifting. I was just curious how many
guys were out there really pushing the limits using everything at their
disposal like they do in bodybuilding.

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche