PDA

View Full Version : Muscle Milk

Jim
September 22nd 04, 01:30 AM
This thread has come up before. I remember whit was really high on this
stuff.
I just started using it and it is excellent. Its more expensive than regular
whey,but worth every penny. Damn good product. It tastes great. The only bad
thing is its high calorie,but its a good product. I'm gonna order it online
to save money.

Jim

Spammers_Should_Be_Shot
September 22nd 04, 03:03 AM
"Jim" > wrote in message
> This thread has come up before. I remember whit was really high on this
> stuff.
> I just started using it and it is excellent. Its more expensive than
regular
> whey,but worth every penny. Damn good product. It tastes great. The only
bad
> thing is its high calorie,but its a good product. I'm gonna order it
online
> to save money.
>
> Jim

Half the calories are from fat? Damn, it ought to taste good!

Jim
September 22nd 04, 03:18 AM
"Spammers_Should_Be_Shot" > wrote in message

> "Jim" > wrote in message
> > This thread has come up before. I remember whit was really high on this
> > stuff.
> > I just started using it and it is excellent. Its more expensive than
> regular
> > whey,but worth every penny. Damn good product. It tastes great. The only
> bad
> > thing is its high calorie,but its a good product. I'm gonna order it
> online
> > to save money.
> >
> > Jim
> >

> Half the calories are from fat? Damn, it ought to taste good!

Ya..I'm looking at the container now. Half the calories are fat,but it says
its good fat. Like I said in my post..it is high calorie..but seems like a
good product.

Jim

September 22nd 04, 03:28 PM
On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 22:18:17 -0400, "Jim" > wrote:

>"Spammers_Should_Be_Shot" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Jim" > wrote in message
>> > This thread has come up before. I remember whit was really high on this
>> > stuff.
>> > I just started using it and it is excellent. Its more expensive than
>> regular
>> > whey,but worth every penny. Damn good product. It tastes great. The only
>> bad
>> > thing is its high calorie,but its a good product. I'm gonna order it
>> online
>> > to save money.
>> >
>> > Jim
>> >

>> Half the calories are from fat? Damn, it ought to taste good!
>>

>Ya..I'm looking at the container now. Half the calories are fat,but it says
>its good fat. Like I said in my post..it is high calorie..but seems like a
>good product.

That's my favorite too. I have never been big on most protein supps
because of the nasty taste, but this stuff is great. I am never sure
to believe label marketing, but the analysis on this stuff looks great
even with the high fat, and like you said, it's supposed to be good
fat. It does have tons of protein, mixes well and tastes great. The
chocolate is excellent, but the Mocha Joe is to die for.

Hal

>Jim

Big Bill
September 22nd 04, 08:33 PM
On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 08:28:20 -0600, wrote:

>On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 22:18:17 -0400, "Jim" > wrote:

>>> regular
>>> bad
>>> online

>>> Half the calories are from fat? Damn, it ought to taste good!
>>>

>>Ya..I'm looking at the container now. Half the calories are fat,but it says
>>its good fat. Like I said in my post..it is high calorie..but seems like a
>>good product.
>
>That's my favorite too. I have never been big on most protein supps
>because of the nasty taste, but this stuff is great. I am never sure
>to believe label marketing, but the analysis on this stuff looks great
>even with the high fat, and like you said, it's supposed to be good
>fat. It does have tons of protein, mixes well and tastes great. The
>chocolate is excellent, but the Mocha Joe is to die for.
>
>Hal

Where from (in the UK if poss) please?

BB

September 22nd 04, 10:34 PM
On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 19:33:03 GMT, Big Bill >
wrote:

>>>Ya..I'm looking at the container now. Half the calories are fat,but it says
>>>its good fat. Like I said in my post..it is high calorie..but seems like a
>>>good product.
>>
>>That's my favorite too. I have never been big on most protein supps
>>because of the nasty taste, but this stuff is great. I am never sure
>>to believe label marketing, but the analysis on this stuff looks great
>>even with the high fat, and like you said, it's supposed to be good
>>fat. It does have tons of protein, mixes well and tastes great. The
>>chocolate is excellent, but the Mocha Joe is to die for.
>>
>>Hal
>
>Where from (in the UK if poss) please?

http://www.cytosport.com/

note: I am NOT an employee or reseller of Cytosport products, simply
a satisfied customer. Your mileage may vary. . . yadda, yadda,
yadda. . .

Hal

>BB

Helgi Briem
September 23rd 04, 11:01 AM
On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 15:34:05 -0600, wrote:

>http://www.cytosport.com/
>
>note: I am NOT an employee or reseller of Cytosport products, simply
>a satisfied customer. Your mileage may vary. . . yadda, yadda,
>yadda. . .

This is very amusing. So you spend bundles of cash
for a product that is basically dried milk.

A litre of semi-skimmed milk gives you
35g protein, 15g fat, 35g carbs and 460 kcal, give
or take (varies a little between dairy companies).

Instead, you put an expensive scoop of thingie in a glass of
water and get 32g protein (less), 18g fat (more), 12g carbs
(less) and 348 kcal (less). Adjusting for calorie intake,
and it sounds like 2/3 of a litre of low-protein milk to me.

Bah, humbug!

--
Helgi Briem hbriem AT simnet DOT is

Never worry about anything that you see on the news.
To get on the news it must be sufficiently rare
that your chances of being involved are negligible!