PDA

View Full Version : Can steroid use cause Atrial Fibrillation?


Afibdude
September 24th 04, 12:30 PM
Just wondering because I had an episode
of AF 2 weeks ago while in the 3rd week
of a cycle of Testosterone.

I am 42 5' 10" 195 and in pretty good shape.
The night before the AF episode I did 40 total pull-ups
and 40 total chin-ups (5 sets of each), 5 sets of bench
presses, a few sets of weighted sit-ups, and 5 sets of
squats.

Could the amount of exertion have caused the AF?

The doc's seem to think it was due to excess caffine
or stress, I did not tell them about the cycle of
steroids.

So could the test. have caused it?

Thanks,
Afibdude

Dally
September 24th 04, 02:22 PM
Afibdude wrote:

> Just wondering because I had an episode
> of AF 2 weeks ago while in the 3rd week
> of a cycle of Testosterone.
>
> I am 42 5' 10" 195 and in pretty good shape.
> The night before the AF episode I did 40 total pull-ups
> and 40 total chin-ups (5 sets of each), 5 sets of bench
> presses, a few sets of weighted sit-ups, and 5 sets of
> squats.
>
> Could the amount of exertion have caused the AF?
>
> The doc's seem to think it was due to excess caffine
> or stress, I did not tell them about the cycle of
> steroids.
>
> So could the test. have caused it?

Seriously, why not tell your doctor? It's not like they're going to
slap you in jail. If you don't trust your doctor then find one you do
trust.

May I suggest you make out a will, durable power of attorney and health
care proxies soon, by the way?

Dally

Tiger Hillside
September 24th 04, 03:37 PM
On 24 Sep 2004 04:30:05 -0700, (Afibdude) wrote:

>Just wondering because I had an episode
>of AF 2 weeks ago while in the 3rd week
>of a cycle of Testosterone.
>
>I am 42 5' 10" 195 and in pretty good shape.
>The night before the AF episode I did 40 total pull-ups
>and 40 total chin-ups (5 sets of each), 5 sets of bench
>presses, a few sets of weighted sit-ups, and 5 sets of
>squats.
>
>Could the amount of exertion have caused the AF?
>
>The doc's seem to think it was due to excess caffine
>or stress, I did not tell them about the cycle of
>steroids.
>
>So could the test. have caused it?

Tell your doctor about any and all drugs you take, about anything you
do that can affect your health. Their job is to keep you alive and
healthy, not to fink on you to some authority. Do not assume that you
are sufficiently competent (and clearly you are not or you would not
have asked a medical question is a newsgroup) to know what is
sufficiently relevant. Afib is not necessarily deadly, but it is not a
good thing. If you are damaging your heart you really want to know so
you can stop. I can tell you from experience that Afib is not caused
by excessive exercise. I had a bout of Afib and discussed it at length
with my cardiologist.

Robert Schuh
September 28th 04, 06:12 AM
Afibdude wrote:

> Just wondering because I had an episode
> of AF 2 weeks ago while in the 3rd week
> of a cycle of Testosterone.
>
> I am 42 5' 10" 195 and in pretty good shape.
> The night before the AF episode I did 40 total pull-ups
> and 40 total chin-ups (5 sets of each), 5 sets of bench
> presses, a few sets of weighted sit-ups, and 5 sets of
> squats.
>
> Could the amount of exertion have caused the AF?
>
> The doc's seem to think it was due to excess caffine
> or stress, I did not tell them about the cycle of
> steroids.
>
> So could the test. have caused it?
>
> Thanks,
> Afibdude

No


--
Robert Schuh
"Everything that elevates an individual above the herd and
intimidates the neighbour is henceforth called evil; and
the fair, modest, submissive and conforming mentality,
the mediocrity of desires attains moral designations and honors"
- Nietzsche

Robert Schuh
September 28th 04, 06:13 AM
Tiger Hillside wrote:

> On 24 Sep 2004 04:30:05 -0700, (Afibdude) wrote:
>
> >Just wondering because I had an episode
> >of AF 2 weeks ago while in the 3rd week
> >of a cycle of Testosterone.
> >
> >I am 42 5' 10" 195 and in pretty good shape.
> >The night before the AF episode I did 40 total pull-ups
> >and 40 total chin-ups (5 sets of each), 5 sets of bench
> >presses, a few sets of weighted sit-ups, and 5 sets of
> >squats.
> >
> >Could the amount of exertion have caused the AF?
> >
> >The doc's seem to think it was due to excess caffine
> >or stress, I did not tell them about the cycle of
> >steroids.
> >
> >So could the test. have caused it?
>
> Tell your doctor about any and all drugs you take, about anything you
> do that can affect your health. Their job is to keep you alive and
> healthy, not to fink on you to some authority. Do not assume that you
> are sufficiently competent (and clearly you are not or you would not
> have asked a medical question is a newsgroup) to know what is
> sufficiently relevant. Afib is not necessarily deadly, but it is not a
> good thing. If you are damaging your heart you really want to know so
> you can stop. I can tell you from experience that Afib is not caused
> by excessive exercise. I had a bout of Afib and discussed it at length
> with my cardiologist.

Who is this know nothing moron? I take it he is a new MFW troll. Typical
anonymous ****.


--
Robert Schuh
"Everything that elevates an individual above the herd and
intimidates the neighbour is henceforth called evil; and
the fair, modest, submissive and conforming mentality,
the mediocrity of desires attains moral designations and honors"
- Nietzsche

Tiger Hillside
September 28th 04, 02:02 PM
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 22:13:39 -0700, Robert Schuh >
wrote:

>Tiger Hillside wrote:
>
>> On 24 Sep 2004 04:30:05 -0700, (Afibdude) wrote:
>>
>> >Just wondering because I had an episode
>> >of AF 2 weeks ago while in the 3rd week
>> >of a cycle of Testosterone.
>> >
>> >I am 42 5' 10" 195 and in pretty good shape.
>> >The night before the AF episode I did 40 total pull-ups
>> >and 40 total chin-ups (5 sets of each), 5 sets of bench
>> >presses, a few sets of weighted sit-ups, and 5 sets of
>> >squats.
>> >
>> >Could the amount of exertion have caused the AF?
>> >
>> >The doc's seem to think it was due to excess caffine
>> >or stress, I did not tell them about the cycle of
>> >steroids.
>> >
>> >So could the test. have caused it?
>>
>> Tell your doctor about any and all drugs you take, about anything you
>> do that can affect your health. Their job is to keep you alive and
>> healthy, not to fink on you to some authority. Do not assume that you
>> are sufficiently competent (and clearly you are not or you would not
>> have asked a medical question is a newsgroup) to know what is
>> sufficiently relevant. Afib is not necessarily deadly, but it is not a
>> good thing. If you are damaging your heart you really want to know so
>> you can stop. I can tell you from experience that Afib is not caused
>> by excessive exercise. I had a bout of Afib and discussed it at length
>> with my cardiologist.
>
>Who is this know nothing moron? I take it he is a new MFW troll. Typical
>anonymous ****.

I am sorry you have such a bad attitude towards women. Was there
anything specific you have to say or are you the one trolling?

Tiger Hillside
September 28th 04, 02:03 PM
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 22:13:39 -0700, Robert Schuh >
wrote:

>Tiger Hillside wrote:
>
>> On 24 Sep 2004 04:30:05 -0700, (Afibdude) wrote:
>>
>> >Just wondering because I had an episode
>> >of AF 2 weeks ago while in the 3rd week
>> >of a cycle of Testosterone.
>> >
>> >I am 42 5' 10" 195 and in pretty good shape.
>> >The night before the AF episode I did 40 total pull-ups
>> >and 40 total chin-ups (5 sets of each), 5 sets of bench
>> >presses, a few sets of weighted sit-ups, and 5 sets of
>> >squats.
>> >
>> >Could the amount of exertion have caused the AF?
>> >
>> >The doc's seem to think it was due to excess caffine
>> >or stress, I did not tell them about the cycle of
>> >steroids.
>> >
>> >So could the test. have caused it?
>>
>> Tell your doctor about any and all drugs you take, about anything you
>> do that can affect your health. Their job is to keep you alive and
>> healthy, not to fink on you to some authority. Do not assume that you
>> are sufficiently competent (and clearly you are not or you would not
>> have asked a medical question is a newsgroup) to know what is
>> sufficiently relevant. Afib is not necessarily deadly, but it is not a
>> good thing. If you are damaging your heart you really want to know so
>> you can stop. I can tell you from experience that Afib is not caused
>> by excessive exercise. I had a bout of Afib and discussed it at length
>> with my cardiologist.
>
>Who is this know nothing moron? I take it he is a new MFW troll. Typical
>anonymous ****.

Sorry, I just saw more of his posts. He is a troll. My error.

Lee Michaels
September 28th 04, 02:33 PM
"Tiger Hillside" babbled

> Robert Schuh wrote:
> >
> >Who is this know nothing moron? I take it he is a new MFW troll. Typical
> >anonymous ****.
>
> Sorry, I just saw more of his posts. He is a troll. My error.
>
>

Whatever yout attitude towards Mr Schuh may be, he has good troll radar. He
may be ill tempered from time to time, but he has far more expertise than
you.

I will take Robert's opinion over yours anyday.

Troll.

Tiger Hillside
September 28th 04, 04:14 PM
On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 13:33:06 GMT, "Lee Michaels"
> wrote:

>
>"Tiger Hillside" babbled
>
>> Robert Schuh wrote:
>> >
>> >Who is this know nothing moron? I take it he is a new MFW troll. Typical
>> >anonymous ****.
>>
>> Sorry, I just saw more of his posts. He is a troll. My error.
>>
>>
>
>Whatever yout attitude towards Mr Schuh may be, he has good troll radar. He
>may be ill tempered from time to time, but he has far more expertise than
>you.
>
>I will take Robert's opinion over yours anyday.
>
>Troll.

I guess I come from a tradition where people present evidence and make
argument, not just call people names. What exactly seemed troll like
from my Afib comment? Neither you nor Mr Schuh have said. Mr Schuh
made multiple at that time that seemed nothing but insults. If that is
what you consider good radar go with it.

John M. Williams
September 28th 04, 05:21 PM
Tiger Hillside > wrote:
>
>I guess I come from a tradition where people present evidence and make
>argument, not just call people names.

Given your willingness to express your opinion without a shred of
evidence, you must be quite a rebel when it comes to tradition.

Tiger Hillside
September 28th 04, 05:34 PM
On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:21:43 -0400, John M. Williams
> wrote:

>Tiger Hillside > wrote:
>>
>>I guess I come from a tradition where people present evidence and make
>>argument, not just call people names.
>
>Given your willingness to express your opinion without a shred of
>evidence, you must be quite a rebel when it comes to tradition.

Did you want some references on afib here? Or on the notion of telling
your doctor what drugs you take so they can know how to treat you?
What exactly in this thread was troll like?

John M. Williams
September 28th 04, 06:17 PM
Tiger Hillside > wrote:

>On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:21:43 -0400, John M. Williams
> wrote:
>
>>Tiger Hillside > wrote:
>>>
>>>I guess I come from a tradition where people present evidence and make
>>>argument, not just call people names.
>>
>>Given your willingness to express your opinion without a shred of
>>evidence, you must be quite a rebel when it comes to tradition.
>
>Did you want some references on afib here? Or on the notion of telling
>your doctor what drugs you take so they can know how to treat you?
>What exactly in this thread was troll like?

Drop the strawmen, Tigger. I quoted one sentence of yours; my
response was to that sentence. If you want to argue strictly the
subject matter, don't make wholesale statements about your "tradition"
of presenting evidence because, quite simply, you don't.

Tiger Hillside
September 28th 04, 07:20 PM
On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 13:17:46 -0400, John M. Williams
> wrote:

>Tiger Hillside > wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:21:43 -0400, John M. Williams
> wrote:
>>
>>>Tiger Hillside > wrote:
>>>>
>>>>I guess I come from a tradition where people present evidence and make
>>>>argument, not just call people names.
>>>
>>>Given your willingness to express your opinion without a shred of
>>>evidence, you must be quite a rebel when it comes to tradition.
>>
>>Did you want some references on afib here? Or on the notion of telling
>>your doctor what drugs you take so they can know how to treat you?
>>What exactly in this thread was troll like?
>
>Drop the strawmen, Tigger. I quoted one sentence of yours; my
>response was to that sentence. If you want to argue strictly the
>subject matter, don't make wholesale statements about your "tradition"
>of presenting evidence because, quite simply, you don't.

I have been accused several times in this thread of trolling, so far
no one has bothered to present anything but bare assertion. As for
evidence, you have yet to bother to look at my actual, rather minor,
claim, in the gun thread. There is really little to defend since I did
not make particular factual claims. You and others have gone off as
though I spoke on issues far from what I intended. If I call you a
troll or attack you I will present my evidence when I do.

Johnny
September 28th 04, 08:50 PM
In terms of causation the answer is no but a predisposition can be
exacerbated by the side effects (high BP, etc, etc). A hormone does
not cause a afib just like narcotics don't CAUSE addiction but
improper use can!
--- better to cut the juice unless under a doc's supervision. Hormonal
therapy is can be safe if monitored.



On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 22:12:20 -0700, Robert Schuh >
wrote:

>Afibdude wrote:
>
>> Just wondering because I had an episode
>> of AF 2 weeks ago while in the 3rd week
>> of a cycle of Testosterone.
>>
>> I am 42 5' 10" 195 and in pretty good shape.
>> The night before the AF episode I did 40 total pull-ups
>> and 40 total chin-ups (5 sets of each), 5 sets of bench
>> presses, a few sets of weighted sit-ups, and 5 sets of
>> squats.
>>
>> Could the amount of exertion have caused the AF?
>>
>> The doc's seem to think it was due to excess caffine
>> or stress, I did not tell them about the cycle of
>> steroids.
>>
>> So could the test. have caused it?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Afibdude
>
>No



-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

jr
September 28th 04, 11:00 PM
(Afibdude) wrote in message >...
> Just wondering because I had an episode
> of AF 2 weeks ago while in the 3rd week
> of a cycle of Testosterone.
>
> I am 42 5' 10" 195 and in pretty good shape.
> The night before the AF episode I did 40 total pull-ups
> and 40 total chin-ups (5 sets of each), 5 sets of bench
> presses, a few sets of weighted sit-ups, and 5 sets of
> squats.
>
> Could the amount of exertion have caused the AF?
>
> The doc's seem to think it was due to excess caffine
> or stress, I did not tell them about the cycle of
> steroids.
>
> So could the test. have caused it?
>
> Thanks,
> Afibdude

yes

Robert Schuh
September 29th 04, 07:35 AM
Tiger Hillside wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 22:13:39 -0700, Robert Schuh >
> wrote:
>
> >Tiger Hillside wrote:
> >
> >> On 24 Sep 2004 04:30:05 -0700, (Afibdude) wrote:
> >>
> >> >Just wondering because I had an episode
> >> >of AF 2 weeks ago while in the 3rd week
> >> >of a cycle of Testosterone.
> >> >
> >> >I am 42 5' 10" 195 and in pretty good shape.
> >> >The night before the AF episode I did 40 total pull-ups
> >> >and 40 total chin-ups (5 sets of each), 5 sets of bench
> >> >presses, a few sets of weighted sit-ups, and 5 sets of
> >> >squats.
> >> >
> >> >Could the amount of exertion have caused the AF?
> >> >
> >> >The doc's seem to think it was due to excess caffine
> >> >or stress, I did not tell them about the cycle of
> >> >steroids.
> >> >
> >> >So could the test. have caused it?
> >>
> >> Tell your doctor about any and all drugs you take, about anything you
> >> do that can affect your health. Their job is to keep you alive and
> >> healthy, not to fink on you to some authority. Do not assume that you
> >> are sufficiently competent (and clearly you are not or you would not
> >> have asked a medical question is a newsgroup) to know what is
> >> sufficiently relevant. Afib is not necessarily deadly, but it is not a
> >> good thing. If you are damaging your heart you really want to know so
> >> you can stop. I can tell you from experience that Afib is not caused
> >> by excessive exercise. I had a bout of Afib and discussed it at length
> >> with my cardiologist.
> >
> >Who is this know nothing moron? I take it he is a new MFW troll. Typical
> >anonymous ****.
>
> I am sorry you have such a bad attitude towards women. Was there
> anything specific you have to say or are you the one trolling?

I have ZERO problems with women. I have problems with anonymous asshole
trolls like yourself. If you want to speak to misogyny, look in the mirror
Skippy.


--
Robert Schuh
"Everything that elevates an individual above the herd and
intimidates the neighbour is henceforth called evil; and
the fair, modest, submissive and conforming mentality,
the mediocrity of desires attains moral designations and honors"
- Nietzsche

Robert Schuh
September 29th 04, 07:36 AM
Tiger Hillside wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 22:13:39 -0700, Robert Schuh >
> wrote:
>
> >Tiger Hillside wrote:
> >
> >> On 24 Sep 2004 04:30:05 -0700, (Afibdude) wrote:
> >>
> >> >Just wondering because I had an episode
> >> >of AF 2 weeks ago while in the 3rd week
> >> >of a cycle of Testosterone.
> >> >
> >> >I am 42 5' 10" 195 and in pretty good shape.
> >> >The night before the AF episode I did 40 total pull-ups
> >> >and 40 total chin-ups (5 sets of each), 5 sets of bench
> >> >presses, a few sets of weighted sit-ups, and 5 sets of
> >> >squats.
> >> >
> >> >Could the amount of exertion have caused the AF?
> >> >
> >> >The doc's seem to think it was due to excess caffine
> >> >or stress, I did not tell them about the cycle of
> >> >steroids.
> >> >
> >> >So could the test. have caused it?
> >>
> >> Tell your doctor about any and all drugs you take, about anything you
> >> do that can affect your health. Their job is to keep you alive and
> >> healthy, not to fink on you to some authority. Do not assume that you
> >> are sufficiently competent (and clearly you are not or you would not
> >> have asked a medical question is a newsgroup) to know what is
> >> sufficiently relevant. Afib is not necessarily deadly, but it is not a
> >> good thing. If you are damaging your heart you really want to know so
> >> you can stop. I can tell you from experience that Afib is not caused
> >> by excessive exercise. I had a bout of Afib and discussed it at length
> >> with my cardiologist.
> >
> >Who is this know nothing moron? I take it he is a new MFW troll. Typical
> >anonymous ****.
>
> Sorry, I just saw more of his posts. He is a troll. My error.

LOL! Time to butch up Troll boy.


--
Robert Schuh
"Everything that elevates an individual above the herd and
intimidates the neighbour is henceforth called evil; and
the fair, modest, submissive and conforming mentality,
the mediocrity of desires attains moral designations and honors"
- Nietzsche

Robert Schuh
September 29th 04, 07:40 AM
Tiger Hillside wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 13:17:46 -0400, John M. Williams
> > wrote:
>
> >Tiger Hillside > wrote:
> >
> >>On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:21:43 -0400, John M. Williams
> > wrote:
> >>
> >>>Tiger Hillside > wrote:
> >>>>
> >>>>I guess I come from a tradition where people present evidence and make
> >>>>argument, not just call people names.
> >>>
> >>>Given your willingness to express your opinion without a shred of
> >>>evidence, you must be quite a rebel when it comes to tradition.
> >>
> >>Did you want some references on afib here? Or on the notion of telling
> >>your doctor what drugs you take so they can know how to treat you?
> >>What exactly in this thread was troll like?
> >
> >Drop the strawmen, Tigger. I quoted one sentence of yours; my
> >response was to that sentence. If you want to argue strictly the
> >subject matter, don't make wholesale statements about your "tradition"
> >of presenting evidence because, quite simply, you don't.
>
> I have been accused several times in this thread of trolling, so far
> no one has bothered to present anything but bare assertion. As for
> evidence, you have yet to bother to look at my actual, rather minor,
> claim, in the gun thread. There is really little to defend since I did
> not make particular factual claims. You and others have gone off as
> though I spoke on issues far from what I intended. If I call you a
> troll or attack you I will present my evidence when I do.

The fact that you do not have the integrity nor the courage to post your real
name is THE biggest factor in your status as a troll. THE most ludicrous thing
you accused me of was misogyny. I challenge you to do a Google search going
back a decade or so of my posts here to find a single such post. I have
forgotten more about anabolic steroids than you will ever know, so it would be
futile for you to even attempt to debate me. You have ZERO background in the
field and the fact that you are too much of a coward and fraud also prevents
you from posting any such background. Time for you to butch up a bit there
Sqeezix.


--
Robert Schuh
"Everything that elevates an individual above the herd and
intimidates the neighbour is henceforth called evil; and
the fair, modest, submissive and conforming mentality,
the mediocrity of desires attains moral designations and honors"
- Nietzsche

Robert Schuh
September 29th 04, 07:41 AM
jr wrote:

> (Afibdude) wrote in message >...
> > Just wondering because I had an episode
> > of AF 2 weeks ago while in the 3rd week
> > of a cycle of Testosterone.
> >
> > I am 42 5' 10" 195 and in pretty good shape.
> > The night before the AF episode I did 40 total pull-ups
> > and 40 total chin-ups (5 sets of each), 5 sets of bench
> > presses, a few sets of weighted sit-ups, and 5 sets of
> > squats.
> >
> > Could the amount of exertion have caused the AF?
> >
> > The doc's seem to think it was due to excess caffine
> > or stress, I did not tell them about the cycle of
> > steroids.
> >
> > So could the test. have caused it?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Afibdude
>
> yes

Thanks for the ill informed comment.


--
Robert Schuh
"Everything that elevates an individual above the herd and
intimidates the neighbour is henceforth called evil; and
the fair, modest, submissive and conforming mentality,
the mediocrity of desires attains moral designations and honors"
- Nietzsche

DRS
September 29th 04, 01:51 PM
"Robert Schuh" > wrote in message

> Tiger Hillside wrote:

[...]

>> I have been accused several times in this thread of trolling, so far
>> no one has bothered to present anything but bare assertion. As for
>> evidence, you have yet to bother to look at my actual, rather minor,
>> claim, in the gun thread. There is really little to defend since I
>> did not make particular factual claims. You and others have gone off
>> as though I spoke on issues far from what I intended. If I call you a
>> troll or attack you I will present my evidence when I do.
>
> The fact that you do not have the integrity nor the courage to post
> your real name is THE biggest factor in your status as a troll.

Utter, utter bull****. It means exactly nothing. Not everyone has your
ego.

--

"Self-delusion as a coping tool has always been a fairly useful strategy for
me."
Dally

Tiger Hillside
September 29th 04, 01:54 PM
On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 23:40:51 -0700, Robert Schuh >
wrote:

>Tiger Hillside wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 13:17:46 -0400, John M. Williams
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >Tiger Hillside > wrote:
>> >
>> >>On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:21:43 -0400, John M. Williams
>> > wrote:
>> >>
>> >>>Tiger Hillside > wrote:
>> >>>>
>> >>>>I guess I come from a tradition where people present evidence and make
>> >>>>argument, not just call people names.
>> >>>
>> >>>Given your willingness to express your opinion without a shred of
>> >>>evidence, you must be quite a rebel when it comes to tradition.
>> >>
>> >>Did you want some references on afib here? Or on the notion of telling
>> >>your doctor what drugs you take so they can know how to treat you?
>> >>What exactly in this thread was troll like?
>> >
>> >Drop the strawmen, Tigger. I quoted one sentence of yours; my
>> >response was to that sentence. If you want to argue strictly the
>> >subject matter, don't make wholesale statements about your "tradition"
>> >of presenting evidence because, quite simply, you don't.
>>
>> I have been accused several times in this thread of trolling, so far
>> no one has bothered to present anything but bare assertion. As for
>> evidence, you have yet to bother to look at my actual, rather minor,
>> claim, in the gun thread. There is really little to defend since I did
>> not make particular factual claims. You and others have gone off as
>> though I spoke on issues far from what I intended. If I call you a
>> troll or attack you I will present my evidence when I do.
>
>The fact that you do not have the integrity nor the courage to post your real
>name is THE biggest factor in your status as a troll. THE most ludicrous thing
>you accused me of was misogyny.

I don't use slang terms for woman's anatomy as an insult, you do.

> I challenge you to do a Google search going
>back a decade or so of my posts here to find a single such post.

It was in the post I responded to.

> I have
>forgotten more about anabolic steroids than you will ever know,

I am sorry you are having memory problems.

>so it would be
>futile for you to even attempt to debate me.

Let's discuss the topic of good quality cheap Mexican food in the
greater Sacramento area. It is as relevant to my comments as your
knowledge of steroids. (Hint: I have not said anything about
steroids.)

>You have ZERO background in the
>field

How do you know about my background in the field?

>and the fact that you are too much of a coward and fraud also prevents
>you from posting any such background. Time for you to butch up a bit there

What have I said about steroids other than someone with afib should
tell their doctor they are taking them. You seem to have a bit of a
temper problem as well as some reading comprehension difficulties.

Tiger Hillside
September 29th 04, 01:55 PM
On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 23:36:00 -0700, Robert Schuh >
wrote:

>Tiger Hillside wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 22:13:39 -0700, Robert Schuh >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Tiger Hillside wrote:
>> >
>> >> On 24 Sep 2004 04:30:05 -0700, (Afibdude) wrote:
>> >>
>> >> >Just wondering because I had an episode
>> >> >of AF 2 weeks ago while in the 3rd week
>> >> >of a cycle of Testosterone.
>> >> >
>> >> >I am 42 5' 10" 195 and in pretty good shape.
>> >> >The night before the AF episode I did 40 total pull-ups
>> >> >and 40 total chin-ups (5 sets of each), 5 sets of bench
>> >> >presses, a few sets of weighted sit-ups, and 5 sets of
>> >> >squats.
>> >> >
>> >> >Could the amount of exertion have caused the AF?
>> >> >
>> >> >The doc's seem to think it was due to excess caffine
>> >> >or stress, I did not tell them about the cycle of
>> >> >steroids.
>> >> >
>> >> >So could the test. have caused it?
>> >>
>> >> Tell your doctor about any and all drugs you take, about anything you
>> >> do that can affect your health. Their job is to keep you alive and
>> >> healthy, not to fink on you to some authority. Do not assume that you
>> >> are sufficiently competent (and clearly you are not or you would not
>> >> have asked a medical question is a newsgroup) to know what is
>> >> sufficiently relevant. Afib is not necessarily deadly, but it is not a
>> >> good thing. If you are damaging your heart you really want to know so
>> >> you can stop. I can tell you from experience that Afib is not caused
>> >> by excessive exercise. I had a bout of Afib and discussed it at length
>> >> with my cardiologist.
>> >
>> >Who is this know nothing moron? I take it he is a new MFW troll. Typical
>> >anonymous ****.
>>
>> Sorry, I just saw more of his posts. He is a troll. My error.
>
>LOL! Time to butch up Troll boy.

What was trolling about telling someone to tell their doctor about the
drugs they are taking? Or was the comment that exercise is not likely
to cause afib that was the troll?

Johnny
September 29th 04, 03:22 PM
Robert/ Tiger : Please.....you fellows have been going at it for
days....
The fellow's question about an Afib is something WE ALL KNOW can't be
answered or resolved in a NG forum.
My heavens we don't even have enough info to make a EMS judgement
call.
We don't know:
1. If there is a family history of heart disease.
2. What dosages, how often, how administered.
3. Other drugs ingested.
4. Age related corelleraries (original BP, etc)
5. EKG tests prior...have there be ANY?

I was a medic (not a full grown-up doc) but I keep up. Hormonal
therapy for an adult male CAN be kosher and is used more today than at
times past. There is wealth of fully documented research on MedLine.
Testosterone has been used for a variety of conditions in adult and
middle-aged men. Often with minimal complications. The key is
monitoring! Was the guy's urine dark at any time during use? (here we
have renal/heptic warnings) Was the guy's last EKG normal? (If he
didn't do an EKG....he's playing with fire!) And what was his damn
dosage?

Let's put our head together folks: if the guy has the honesty to put
out a question about his health; integrity suggests we direct him to a
helpful source. Stop trying to verbally kick eash other's ass when you
could add something of value with your experience!
My guess here is that he doesn't TRUST his doc! That's why he IS
ASKING on the internet in the 1st damn place. So I suppose his best
move is to find a doc he CAN trust and move from there.


-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

Johnny
September 29th 04, 03:25 PM
On 28 Sep 2004 15:00:50 -0700, (jr) wrote:


>
>yes



Woooooo. That was powerful! When you do Grand Rounds doctor, do you
allow us to use a recorder or do we have to chart as you speak?


-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

Will Brink
September 29th 04, 04:02 PM
In article >,
John M. Williams > wrote:

> Tiger Hillside > wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:21:43 -0400, John M. Williams
> > wrote:
> >
> >>Tiger Hillside > wrote:
> >>>
> >>>I guess I come from a tradition where people present evidence and make
> >>>argument, not just call people names.
> >>
> >>Given your willingness to express your opinion without a shred of
> >>evidence, you must be quite a rebel when it comes to tradition.
> >
> >Did you want some references on afib here? Or on the notion of telling
> >your doctor what drugs you take so they can know how to treat you?
> >What exactly in this thread was troll like?
>
> Drop the strawmen, Tigger. I quoted one sentence of yours; my
> response was to that sentence. If you want to argue strictly the
> subject matter, don't make wholesale statements about your "tradition"
> of presenting evidence because, quite simply, you don't.

We learned that in the other thread on guns with Mr/Ms Tigger here.
Lot's o' bluster, zero content.

--
Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/

Tiger Hillside
September 29th 04, 04:33 PM
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 07:22:46 -0700, Johnny
> wrote:

>Robert/ Tiger : Please.....you fellows have been going at it for
>days....
>The fellow's question about an Afib is something WE ALL KNOW can't be
>answered or resolved in a NG forum.

Nor have I tried. All I suggested was that he tell his doctor about
any drugs he is taking. I did not say that the drugs were relevant in
any way.

>My heavens we don't even have enough info to make a EMS judgement
>call.
> We don't know:
>1. If there is a family history of heart disease.
>2. What dosages, how often, how administered.
>3. Other drugs ingested.
>4. Age related corelleraries (original BP, etc)
>5. EKG tests prior...have there be ANY?
>
>I was a medic (not a full grown-up doc) but I keep up. Hormonal
>therapy for an adult male CAN be kosher and is used more today than at
>times past.

So? Do you think that the patient or the doctor should determine if
the drug usage is relevant? I recommend to any and all that they tell
their doctors of any of their drug use, regardless of whether the
drugs are used properly or if they are legal.

> There is wealth of fully documented research on MedLine.
>Testosterone has been used for a variety of conditions in adult and
>middle-aged men. Often with minimal complications. The key is
>monitoring! Was the guy's urine dark at any time during use? (here we
>have renal/heptic warnings) Was the guy's last EKG normal? (If he
>didn't do an EKG....he's playing with fire!) And what was his damn
>dosage?
>
>Let's put our head together folks: if the guy has the honesty to put
>out a question about his health; integrity suggests we direct him to a
>helpful source. Stop trying to verbally kick eash other's ass when you
>could add something of value with your experience!

I have not tried to kick anyone's ass.

>My guess here is that he doesn't TRUST his doc! That's why he IS
>ASKING on the internet in the 1st damn place. So I suppose his best
>move is to find a doc he CAN trust and move from there.

If he does not trust his doc then he had better get another one. An
unethical or incompetent doctor is not a good thing. Deliberately
hiding relevant factors from your doctor can lead to problems. If the
problem is with the doctor he should do something about it. If the OP
is ashamed or embarrassed or anything like that he should get over it.

Johnny
September 29th 04, 07:32 PM
No...ass kicking was just an expression.

I just wanted to get this going in a helpful direction for the guy.

The original post did offer something interesting however....he spoke
of doing dips and chins prior.....
Neither one would compress the diaphragm or even get one that winded
(like squats, deadlifts or even bench. Let alone real Olympic lifting
with serious weight) . I have done A LOT of oly and powerlifting stuff
(comp) and seen my share of guys getting fu*ked up w/ their heart as
somethings tend to be a little too stressful when the weight gets
about 3x body weight. It's simply too much...their mind is so much
more powerful than their physical being.

I think the guy should get into his heart's shape....Sounds like
somethings not too strong there. He could have been looking at trouble
weights/drugs or not....(?) Folks DO get heart attacks at 40-50yrs
old.


-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

Robert Schuh
September 29th 04, 07:59 PM
Tiger Hillside wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 23:40:51 -0700, Robert Schuh >
> wrote:
>
> >Tiger Hillside wrote:
> >
> >> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 13:17:46 -0400, John M. Williams
> >> > wrote:
> >>
> >> >Tiger Hillside > wrote:
> >> >
> >> >>On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:21:43 -0400, John M. Williams
> >> > wrote:
> >> >>
> >> >>>Tiger Hillside > wrote:
> >> >>>>
> >> >>>>I guess I come from a tradition where people present evidence and make
> >> >>>>argument, not just call people names.
> >> >>>
> >> >>>Given your willingness to express your opinion without a shred of
> >> >>>evidence, you must be quite a rebel when it comes to tradition.
> >> >>
> >> >>Did you want some references on afib here? Or on the notion of telling
> >> >>your doctor what drugs you take so they can know how to treat you?
> >> >>What exactly in this thread was troll like?
> >> >
> >> >Drop the strawmen, Tigger. I quoted one sentence of yours; my
> >> >response was to that sentence. If you want to argue strictly the
> >> >subject matter, don't make wholesale statements about your "tradition"
> >> >of presenting evidence because, quite simply, you don't.
> >>
> >> I have been accused several times in this thread of trolling, so far
> >> no one has bothered to present anything but bare assertion. As for
> >> evidence, you have yet to bother to look at my actual, rather minor,
> >> claim, in the gun thread. There is really little to defend since I did
> >> not make particular factual claims. You and others have gone off as
> >> though I spoke on issues far from what I intended. If I call you a
> >> troll or attack you I will present my evidence when I do.
> >
> >The fact that you do not have the integrity nor the courage to post your real
> >name is THE biggest factor in your status as a troll. THE most ludicrous thing
> >you accused me of was misogyny.
>
> I don't use slang terms for woman's anatomy as an insult, you do.
>
> > I challenge you to do a Google search going
> >back a decade or so of my posts here to find a single such post.
>
> It was in the post I responded to.
>
> > I have
> >forgotten more about anabolic steroids than you will ever know,
>
> I am sorry you are having memory problems.
>
> >so it would be
> >futile for you to even attempt to debate me.
>
> Let's discuss the topic of good quality cheap Mexican food in the
> greater Sacramento area. It is as relevant to my comments as your
> knowledge of steroids. (Hint: I have not said anything about
> steroids.)
>
> >You have ZERO background in the
> >field
>
> How do you know about my background in the field?
>
> >and the fact that you are too much of a coward and fraud also prevents
> >you from posting any such background. Time for you to butch up a bit there
>
> What have I said about steroids other than someone with afib should
> tell their doctor they are taking them. You seem to have a bit of a
> temper problem as well as some reading comprehension difficulties.

Let's face it asshole, EVERYONE knows you are a troll. PLONK


--
Robert Schuh
"Everything that elevates an individual above the herd and
intimidates the neighbour is henceforth called evil; and
the fair, modest, submissive and conforming mentality,
the mediocrity of desires attains moral designations and honors"
- Nietzsche

Robert Schuh
September 29th 04, 08:01 PM
Johnny wrote:

> Robert/ Tiger : Please.....you fellows have been going at it for
> days....
> The fellow's question about an Afib is something WE ALL KNOW can't be
> answered or resolved in a NG forum.
> My heavens we don't even have enough info to make a EMS judgement
> call.
> We don't know:
> 1. If there is a family history of heart disease.
> 2. What dosages, how often, how administered.
> 3. Other drugs ingested.
> 4. Age related corelleraries (original BP, etc)
> 5. EKG tests prior...have there be ANY?
>
> I was a medic (not a full grown-up doc) but I keep up. Hormonal
> therapy for an adult male CAN be kosher and is used more today than at
> times past. There is wealth of fully documented research on MedLine.
> Testosterone has been used for a variety of conditions in adult and
> middle-aged men. Often with minimal complications. The key is
> monitoring! Was the guy's urine dark at any time during use? (here we
> have renal/heptic warnings) Was the guy's last EKG normal? (If he
> didn't do an EKG....he's playing with fire!) And what was his damn
> dosage?
>
> Let's put our head together folks: if the guy has the honesty to put
> out a question about his health; integrity suggests we direct him to a
> helpful source. Stop trying to verbally kick eash other's ass when you
> could add something of value with your experience!
> My guess here is that he doesn't TRUST his doc! That's why he IS
> ASKING on the internet in the 1st damn place. So I suppose his best
> move is to find a doc he CAN trust and move from there.
>
> -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
> http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
> -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

Sorry "Johnny," but you are yet another anonymous clown. I will put my
knowledge up against ANY MD you can find, so some "medic" can not know a
damn thing. Anabolic steroids can not effect renal function in any manner
either. Why are there so many know nothing anonymous assholes out there?


--
Robert Schuh
"Everything that elevates an individual above the herd and
intimidates the neighbour is henceforth called evil; and
the fair, modest, submissive and conforming mentality,
the mediocrity of desires attains moral designations and honors"
- Nietzsche

gman99
September 30th 04, 05:07 PM
(Afibdude) wrote:
> Just wondering because I had an episode
> of AF 2 weeks ago while in the 3rd week
> of a cycle of Testosterone.
>
> I am 42 5' 10" 195 and in pretty good shape.
> The night before the AF episode I did 40 total pull-ups
> and 40 total chin-ups (5 sets of each), 5 sets of bench
> presses, a few sets of weighted sit-ups, and 5 sets of
> squats.
>
> Could the amount of exertion have caused the AF?
>
> The doc's seem to think it was due to excess caffine
> or stress, I did not tell them about the cycle of
> steroids.
>
Why would you hold things back from your doc then come HERE for a diagnosis
?? AF is usually copntributed to stress / stimulants. How do you know it
was AF, have you been previously diagnosed with AF ?? Ever have an EKG to
confirm ? Physical exertion is not commonly associated with AF.

Afibdude
October 9th 04, 01:56 PM
Robert Schuh > wrote in message >...
> Afibdude wrote:
>
> > Just wondering because I had an episode
> > of AF 2 weeks ago while in the 3rd week
> > of a cycle of Testosterone.
> >
> > I am 42 5' 10" 195 and in pretty good shape.
> > The night before the AF episode I did 40 total pull-ups
> > and 40 total chin-ups (5 sets of each), 5 sets of bench
> > presses, a few sets of weighted sit-ups, and 5 sets of
> > squats.
> >
> > Could the amount of exertion have caused the AF?
> >
> > The doc's seem to think it was due to excess caffine
> > or stress, I did not tell them about the cycle of
> > steroids.
> >
> > So could the test. have caused it?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Afibdude

> No

Gee thanks Schuh, wish you would have given me that
answer 24 messages back. ;-)

Afibdude
October 9th 04, 01:58 PM
(jr) wrote in message >...
> (Afibdude) wrote in message >...
> > Just wondering because I had an episode
> > of AF 2 weeks ago while in the 3rd week
> > of a cycle of Testosterone.
> >
> > I am 42 5' 10" 195 and in pretty good shape.
> > The night before the AF episode I did 40 total pull-ups
> > and 40 total chin-ups (5 sets of each), 5 sets of bench
> > presses, a few sets of weighted sit-ups, and 5 sets of
> > squats.
> >
> > Could the amount of exertion have caused the AF?
> >
> > The doc's seem to think it was due to excess caffine
> > or stress, I did not tell them about the cycle of
> > steroids.
> >
> > So could the test. have caused it?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Afibdude

> yes


Ok, Schuh says no, you say yes.

I can't seem to find any info that says it could.

Afibdude
October 9th 04, 02:01 PM
Johnny > wrote in message >...
> No...ass kicking was just an expression.

> I just wanted to get this going in a helpful direction for the guy.

> The original post did offer something interesting however....he spoke
> of doing dips and chins prior.....
> Neither one would compress the diaphragm or even get one that winded
> (like squats, deadlifts or even bench. Let alone real Olympic lifting
> with serious weight) .

Uh, I also mentioned doing Squats and Bench after doing
80 pull-ups/chin-ups

I can run 5 miles with no problem, so no I don't have a
weak heart as you went on to suggest.

Afibdude
October 9th 04, 02:06 PM
(gman99) wrote in message >...
> (Afibdude) wrote:
> > Just wondering because I had an episode
> > of AF 2 weeks ago while in the 3rd week
> > of a cycle of Testosterone.
> >
> > I am 42 5' 10" 195 and in pretty good shape.
> > The night before the AF episode I did 40 total pull-ups
> > and 40 total chin-ups (5 sets of each), 5 sets of bench
> > presses, a few sets of weighted sit-ups, and 5 sets of
> > squats.
> >
> > Could the amount of exertion have caused the AF?
> >
> > The doc's seem to think it was due to excess caffine
> > or stress, I did not tell them about the cycle of
> > steroids.

> Why would you hold things back from your doc then come HERE for a diagnosis
> ?? AF is usually copntributed to stress / stimulants. How do you know it
> was AF, have you been previously diagnosed with AF ?? Ever have an EKG to
> confirm ? Physical exertion is not commonly associated with AF.

It was confirmned to be AF in the ER.

No history of heart disease or high blood pressure, in fact
as I was in the ER my BP was 120/80.

Doc's did mention stress as a possible cause, I have been
under a ton of stress from family health matters and a battle
against corruption within a law enforcement agency, but that's
another story.

Tiger Hillside
October 9th 04, 04:12 PM
On 9 Oct 2004 06:01:37 -0700, (Afibdude) wrote:

>Johnny > wrote in message >...
>> No...ass kicking was just an expression.
>
>> I just wanted to get this going in a helpful direction for the guy.
>
>> The original post did offer something interesting however....he spoke
>> of doing dips and chins prior.....
>> Neither one would compress the diaphragm or even get one that winded
>> (like squats, deadlifts or even bench. Let alone real Olympic lifting
>> with serious weight) .
>
>Uh, I also mentioned doing Squats and Bench after doing
>80 pull-ups/chin-ups
>
>I can run 5 miles with no problem, so no I don't have a
>weak heart as you went on to suggest.

AFIB can have nothing to do with weakness per se. It is not a muscle
strength/tone issue or an arterial issue at all. It is an electrical
timing issue. There is a host of factors that can cause AFIB. I will
recommend again that you let your doctor know whatever medications you
are taking. It is their job to know the interactions and such.

Tiger Hillside
October 9th 04, 04:18 PM
On 9 Oct 2004 06:06:17 -0700, (Afibdude) wrote:

(gman99) wrote in message >...
>> (Afibdude) wrote:
>> > Just wondering because I had an episode
>> > of AF 2 weeks ago while in the 3rd week
>> > of a cycle of Testosterone.
>> >
>> > I am 42 5' 10" 195 and in pretty good shape.
>> > The night before the AF episode I did 40 total pull-ups
>> > and 40 total chin-ups (5 sets of each), 5 sets of bench
>> > presses, a few sets of weighted sit-ups, and 5 sets of
>> > squats.
>> >
>> > Could the amount of exertion have caused the AF?
>> >
>> > The doc's seem to think it was due to excess caffine
>> > or stress, I did not tell them about the cycle of
>> > steroids.
>
>> Why would you hold things back from your doc then come HERE for a diagnosis
>> ?? AF is usually copntributed to stress / stimulants. How do you know it
>> was AF, have you been previously diagnosed with AF ?? Ever have an EKG to
>> confirm ? Physical exertion is not commonly associated with AF.
>
>It was confirmned to be AF in the ER.
>
>No history of heart disease or high blood pressure, in fact
>as I was in the ER my BP was 120/80.

Afib has nothing to do with blood pressure or the factors that lead to
high blood pressure.

>Doc's did mention stress as a possible cause, I have been
>under a ton of stress from family health matters and a battle
>against corruption within a law enforcement agency, but that's
>another story.

It takes lots of stress to cause it, but stress is certainly one of
the possibilities. Thyroid problems are another possibility, but I
assume they did tests for that. Anything that causes a momentary
interruption in the normal rhythm can lead to afib. I hope you no
longer have the condition, that your heart has converted. Are you on
dig?