PDA

View Full Version : Flexitarian Jack Lalanne Turns 90


John WIlliams
September 24th 04, 01:34 PM
Flexitarian (http://www.jacklalanne.com/faq.html) Jack Lalanne turns 90:
http://www.jacklalanne.com/biograph.html

How did he do it witout Atkins? :)

DoctorElefant
September 24th 04, 08:08 PM
In message-id: >
>
>Flexitarian (http://www.jacklalanne.com/faq.html) Jack Lalanne turns 90:
>http://www.jacklalanne.com/biograph.html
>
>How did he do it witout Atkins? :)

What's really amazing is that when he did that TV show back in the 60s, he was
already about 50 years old. Wow. He looked like he was in his 30s.


DocE
--------
"The future ain't what it used to be." -Yogi Berra

bc
September 24th 04, 08:52 PM
(John WIlliams) wrote in message >...
> Flexitarian (http://www.jacklalanne.com/faq.html) Jack Lalanne turns 90:
> http://www.jacklalanne.com/biograph.html
>
> How did he do it witout Atkins? :)

There are some good shots of him here from the 40's.
http://www.jacklalanne.com/fitpix.html

He looks pretty good today at 90 too.

- bc

The Queen of Cans and Jars
September 24th 04, 10:12 PM
bc > wrote:

> (John WIlliams) wrote:
>
> > Flexitarian (http://www.jacklalanne.com/faq.html) Jack Lalanne turns 90:
> > http://www.jacklalanne.com/biograph.html
> >
> > How did he do it witout Atkins? :)
>
> There are some good shots of him here from the 40's.
> http://www.jacklalanne.com/fitpix.html
>
> He looks pretty good today at 90 too.

he lives not far from where i'm at, and he & his wife do a bit on the
local news one morning a week. he's a kook. a very fit kook, but a
kook nonetheless.

dwacon
September 25th 04, 05:09 PM
"John WIlliams" > wrote in message
om...
> Flexitarian (http://www.jacklalanne.com/faq.html) Jack Lalanne turns 90:
> http://www.jacklalanne.com/biograph.html
>
> How did he do it witout Atkins? :)


Corngratulations, Jack!

--
The Oil of Love
http://makeashorterlink.com/?J39112559

bc
September 27th 04, 05:43 PM
(The Queen of Cans and Jars) wrote in message >...
> bc > wrote:
>
> > (John WIlliams) wrote:
> >
> > > Flexitarian (http://www.jacklalanne.com/faq.html) Jack Lalanne turns 90:
> > > http://www.jacklalanne.com/biograph.html
> > >
> > > How did he do it witout Atkins? :)
> >
> > There are some good shots of him here from the 40's.
> > http://www.jacklalanne.com/fitpix.html
> >
> > He looks pretty good today at 90 too.
>
> he lives not far from where i'm at, and he & his wife do a bit on the
> local news one morning a week. he's a kook. a very fit kook, but a
> kook nonetheless.

So, like how?

- bc

Proton Soup
September 27th 04, 07:10 PM
On 27 Sep 2004 09:43:39 -0700, (bc)
wrote:

(The Queen of Cans and Jars) wrote in message >...
>> bc > wrote:
>>
>> > (John WIlliams) wrote:
>> >
>> > > Flexitarian (http://www.jacklalanne.com/faq.html) Jack Lalanne turns 90:
>> > > http://www.jacklalanne.com/biograph.html
>> > >
>> > > How did he do it witout Atkins? :)
>> >
>> > There are some good shots of him here from the 40's.
>> > http://www.jacklalanne.com/fitpix.html
>> >
>> > He looks pretty good today at 90 too.
>>
>> he lives not far from where i'm at, and he & his wife do a bit on the
>> local news one morning a week. he's a kook. a very fit kook, but a
>> kook nonetheless.
>
>So, like how?
>
>- bc

He's a juicer. http://power-juicer.net/

-----------
Proton Soup

"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum."

The Queen of Cans and Jars
September 27th 04, 09:54 PM
bc > wrote:

> (The Queen of Cans and Jars) wrote:
> > bc > wrote:
> > > (John WIlliams) wrote:
> > >
> > > > Flexitarian (http://www.jacklalanne.com/faq.html) Jack Lalanne turns 90:
> > > > http://www.jacklalanne.com/biograph.html
> > > >
> > > > How did he do it witout Atkins? :)
> > >
> > > There are some good shots of him here from the 40's.
> > > http://www.jacklalanne.com/fitpix.html
> > >
> > > He looks pretty good today at 90 too.
> >
> > he lives not far from where i'm at, and he & his wife do a bit on the
> > local news one morning a week. he's a kook. a very fit kook, but a
> > kook nonetheless.
>
> So, like how?

he badgers the hell out of his wife, for one thing. and he's just a
spaz. you'd have to see the clips to get it, i think. i looked on the
ksby website but they don't have anything except a picture of him and
some text. you'll just have to imagine it for yourself.

Jim
September 28th 04, 05:10 AM
He rules. I love that man. I hope he lives forever or until I get rusty.

Jim

Carol Frilegh
September 28th 04, 02:28 PM
In article >, Jim
> wrote:

> He rules. I love that man. I hope he lives forever or until I get rusty.
>
> Jim
>
Juicing is very valuable protocol. I recently got an Omega 8002, more
costly than the LaLanne model and it has had a postive impact on my
digestive system.

--
Diva
******
There is no substitute for the right food

Barbara Hirsch
September 28th 04, 03:57 PM
On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:28:39 -0400, Carol Frilegh >
wrote:

>Juicing is very valuable protocol. I recently got an Omega 8002, more
>costly than the LaLanne model and it has had a postive impact on my
>digestive system.

I don't get juicing. You remove all the fiber from the fruit.

Why not just eat the fruit, get the satiety effects that the fruit
provides, rather than processing it?

If you just want to eat sugar, you can buy that in the supermarket.


Barbara Hirsch, Publisher
OBESITY MEDS AND RESEARCH NEWS
The latest in obesity research and weight loss drug development
http://www.obesity-news.com/

Carol Frilegh
September 28th 04, 04:34 PM
In article >, Barbara Hirsch
> wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:28:39 -0400, Carol Frilegh >
> wrote:
>
> >Juicing is very valuable protocol. I recently got an Omega 8002, more
> >costly than the LaLanne model and it has had a postive impact on my
> >digestive system.
>
> I don't get juicing. You remove all the fiber from the fruit.
>
> Why not just eat the fruit, get the satiety effects that the fruit
> provides, rather than processing it?
>
> If you just want to eat sugar, you can buy that in the supermarket.
>
>
> Barbara Hirsch, Publisher
> OBESITY MEDS AND RESEARCH NEWS
> The latest in obesity research and weight loss drug development
> http://www.obesity-news.com/

The benfit is in live enzymes. i eat whole fruit and vegetables, nuts
and seeds as well.

Carol

rick++
September 28th 04, 04:43 PM
His friends Joe Gold and Harold 'Universal' Zinkin just recently croaked.
These guys were of the pre-Cooper era where the benefits of cardio werent
really known.

billydee
September 28th 04, 05:51 PM
(The Queen of Cans and Jars) wrote in message >...
> bc > wrote:
>
> > (John WIlliams) wrote:
> >
> > > Flexitarian (http://www.jacklalanne.com/faq.html) Jack Lalanne turns 90:
> > > http://www.jacklalanne.com/biograph.html
> > >
> > > How did he do it witout Atkins? :)
> >
> > There are some good shots of him here from the 40's.
> > http://www.jacklalanne.com/fitpix.html
> >
> > He looks pretty good today at 90 too.
>
> he lives not far from where i'm at, and he & his wife do a bit on the
> local news one morning a week. he's a kook. a very fit kook, but a
> kook nonetheless.

aren't we all...

billydee
September 28th 04, 10:05 PM
Barbara Hirsch > wrote in message >...
> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:28:39 -0400, Carol Frilegh >
> wrote:
>
> >Juicing is very valuable protocol. I recently got an Omega 8002, more
> >costly than the LaLanne model and it has had a postive impact on my
> >digestive system.
>
> I don't get juicing. You remove all the fiber from the fruit.
>
> Why not just eat the fruit, get the satiety effects that the fruit
> provides, rather than processing it?
>
> If you just want to eat sugar, you can buy that in the supermarket.
>
>
> Barbara Hirsch, Publisher
> OBESITY MEDS AND RESEARCH NEWS
> The latest in obesity research and weight loss drug development
> http://www.obesity-news.com/


forget it if you have to look like this juiceman:

http://beseen.net/BeHealthy/juiceman.htm

The Queen of Cans and Jars
September 28th 04, 10:08 PM
billydee > wrote:

> (The Queen of Cans and Jars) wrote:
> > bc > wrote:
> > > (John WIlliams) wrote:
> > >
> > > > Flexitarian (http://www.jacklalanne.com/faq.html) Jack Lalanne turns 90:
> > > > http://www.jacklalanne.com/biograph.html
> > > >
> > > > How did he do it witout Atkins? :)
> > >
> > > There are some good shots of him here from the 40's.
> > > http://www.jacklalanne.com/fitpix.html
> > >
> > > He looks pretty good today at 90 too.
> >
> > he lives not far from where i'm at, and he & his wife do a bit on the
> > local news one morning a week. he's a kook. a very fit kook, but a
> > kook nonetheless.
>
> aren't we all...

not really.

Larry Hodges
September 29th 04, 02:12 AM
billydee wrote:
> Barbara Hirsch > wrote in message
> >...
>> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:28:39 -0400, Carol Frilegh >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Juicing is very valuable protocol. I recently got an Omega 8002,
>>> more costly than the LaLanne model and it has had a postive impact
>>> on my digestive system.
>>
>> I don't get juicing. You remove all the fiber from the fruit.
>>
>> Why not just eat the fruit, get the satiety effects that the fruit
>> provides, rather than processing it?
>>
>> If you just want to eat sugar, you can buy that in the supermarket.
>>
>>
>> Barbara Hirsch, Publisher
>> OBESITY MEDS AND RESEARCH NEWS
>> The latest in obesity research and weight loss drug development
>> http://www.obesity-news.com/
>
>
> forget it if you have to look like this juiceman:
>
> http://beseen.net/BeHealthy/juiceman.htm

Now that guy is a spaz. I've seen infomercials by him. And he needs to
take a mower to those eyebrows.
--
-Larry

billydee
September 29th 04, 05:45 PM
(The Queen of Cans and Jars) wrote in message >...
> billydee > wrote:
>
> > (The Queen of Cans and Jars) wrote:
> > > bc > wrote:
> > > > (John WIlliams) wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > Flexitarian (http://www.jacklalanne.com/faq.html) Jack Lalanne turns 90:
> > > > > http://www.jacklalanne.com/biograph.html
> > > > >
> > > > > How did he do it witout Atkins? :)
> > > >
> > > > There are some good shots of him here from the 40's.
> > > > http://www.jacklalanne.com/fitpix.html
> > > >
> > > > He looks pretty good today at 90 too.
> > >
> > > he lives not far from where i'm at, and he & his wife do a bit on the
> > > local news one morning a week. he's a kook. a very fit kook, but a
> > > kook nonetheless.
> >
> > aren't we all...
>
> not really.

methinks you protest to much.

Larry Hodges
September 29th 04, 06:59 PM
billydee wrote:
> (The Queen of Cans and Jars) wrote in message
> >...
>> billydee > wrote:
>>
>>> (The Queen of Cans and Jars) wrote:
>>>> bc > wrote:
>>>>> (John WIlliams) wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Flexitarian (http://www.jacklalanne.com/faq.html) Jack Lalanne
>>>>>> turns 90: http://www.jacklalanne.com/biograph.html
>>>>>>
>>>>>> How did he do it witout Atkins? :)
>>>>>
>>>>> There are some good shots of him here from the 40's.
>>>>> http://www.jacklalanne.com/fitpix.html
>>>>>
>>>>> He looks pretty good today at 90 too.
>>>>
>>>> he lives not far from where i'm at, and he & his wife do a bit on
>>>> the local news one morning a week. he's a kook. a very fit kook,
>>>> but a kook nonetheless.
>>>
>>> aren't we all...
>>
>> not really.
>
> methinks you protest to much.

Dude, that's an understatement!
--
-Larry

David
October 5th 04, 01:43 PM
"John WIlliams" > wrote in message
om...
> Flexitarian (http://www.jacklalanne.com/faq.html) Jack Lalanne turns 90:
> http://www.jacklalanne.com/biograph.html
>
> How did he do it witout Atkins? :)

sure beats 'body by jake'!