PDA

View Full Version : Experiences with Gold's Gym?

Kevin J
September 25th 04, 04:08 AM
I just moved amonth ago, there's a Gold's Gym about a 5 minutes walk
from my house, thinking of joining. It costs $45 a month here
(Calgary), which seems pretty reasonable, assuming there are no hidden
costs . . .

So any experiences, positive or negative, with Gold's? Or, if anyone
lives in Calgary, other reccomendations? I took a quick look at the
facilities, looks clean, 3 squat racks, pretty decent.

thanks all,

--
kj

Kevin J. Coolidge
September 25th 04, 04:23 AM
I never belonged to one. Did a couple of walkins to different ones while
traveling. My experiences were good. But for the most part that's been my
experience in most gyms. I find most people are helpful, pleasant. Always
the chance of a couple jerks. But the Golds I went to in CO. area were
great. $45 is a pretty decent price from my experience

"Kevin J" !> wrote in message
>I just moved amonth ago, there's a Gold's Gym about a 5 minutes walk
> from my house, thinking of joining. It costs $45 a month here
> (Calgary), which seems pretty reasonable, assuming there are no hidden
> costs . . .
>
> So any experiences, positive or negative, with Gold's? Or, if anyone
> lives in Calgary, other reccomendations? I took a quick look at the
> facilities, looks clean, 3 squat racks, pretty decent.
>
> thanks all,
>
> --
> kj

Denis
September 25th 04, 05:45 AM
In Colorado right now the price is $300 per year, or $4?? per two.
Gyms are good here in Colorado Springs.
Denis

"Kevin J. Coolidge" > wrote in message
>I never belonged to one. Did a couple of walkins to different ones while
>traveling. My experiences were good. But for the most part that's been my
>experience in most gyms. I find most people are helpful, pleasant. Always
>the chance of a couple jerks. But the Golds I went to in CO. area were
>great. $45 is a pretty decent price from my experience
>
> "Kevin J" !> wrote in message
>>I just moved amonth ago, there's a Gold's Gym about a 5 minutes walk
>> from my house, thinking of joining. It costs $45 a month here
>> (Calgary), which seems pretty reasonable, assuming there are no hidden
>> costs . . .
>>
>> So any experiences, positive or negative, with Gold's? Or, if anyone
>> lives in Calgary, other reccomendations? I took a quick look at the
>> facilities, looks clean, 3 squat racks, pretty decent.
>>
>> thanks all,
>>
>> --
>> kj

Chuck Drake
September 26th 04, 01:32 PM
Golds is ok, Im in northern Kentucky and joined golds about 2 months ago
after the gym I went to went belly up. They tend to get real crowded around
4pm to 7pm so plan around it. I do like the cardio movie theater when its
cardio day.
I got a deal of 254 bucks a month and added the wife for 15 a month.
Don't get talked into the Beyond Fitness personal trainers that are in with
gols..total rip-off!!!
"Kevin J" !> wrote in message
>I just moved amonth ago, there's a Gold's Gym about a 5 minutes walk
> from my house, thinking of joining. It costs $45 a month here
> (Calgary), which seems pretty reasonable, assuming there are no hidden
> costs . . .
>
> So any experiences, positive or negative, with Gold's? Or, if anyone
> lives in Calgary, other reccomendations? I took a quick look at the
> facilities, looks clean, 3 squat racks, pretty decent.
>
> thanks all,
>
> --
> kj

Denis
September 26th 04, 04:55 PM
I meant World's Gym - sorry.

"Denis" > wrote in message
> In Colorado right now the price is $300 per year, or $4?? per two.
> Gyms are good here in Colorado Springs.
> Denis
>
> "Kevin J. Coolidge" > wrote in message
>>I never belonged to one. Did a couple of walkins to different ones while
>>traveling. My experiences were good. But for the most part that's been my
>>experience in most gyms. I find most people are helpful, pleasant. Always
>>the chance of a couple jerks. But the Golds I went to in CO. area were
>>great. $45 is a pretty decent price from my experience
>>
>> "Kevin J" !> wrote in message
>>>I just moved amonth ago, there's a Gold's Gym about a 5 minutes walk
>>> from my house, thinking of joining. It costs $45 a month here
>>> (Calgary), which seems pretty reasonable, assuming there are no hidden
>>> costs . . .
>>>
>>> So any experiences, positive or negative, with Gold's? Or, if anyone
>>> lives in Calgary, other reccomendations? I took a quick look at the
>>> facilities, looks clean, 3 squat racks, pretty decent.
>>>
>>> thanks all,
>>>
>>> --
>>> kj

Art S
September 26th 04, 05:45 PM
"Chuck Drake" > wrote in message news:[email protected]_s53...
> Golds is ok, Im in northern Kentucky and joined golds about 2 months ago
> after the gym I went to went belly up. They tend to get real crowded around
> 4pm to 7pm so plan around it. I do like the cardio movie theater when its
> cardio day.
> I got a deal of 254 bucks a month and added the wife for 15 a month.
> Don't get talked into the Beyond Fitness personal trainers that are in with
> gols..total rip-off!!!

$254 per month?

I hope you made a mistake when you typed that.

I really hope you made a mistake when you typed that.

Art

Lee Michaels
September 26th 04, 06:11 PM
"Art S" > wrote

> "Chuck Drake" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s53...
> > Golds is ok, Im in northern Kentucky and joined golds about 2 months ago
> > after the gym I went to went belly up. They tend to get real crowded
around
> > 4pm to 7pm so plan around it. I do like the cardio movie theater when
its
> > cardio day.
> > I got a deal of 254 bucks a month and added the wife for 15 a month.
> > Don't get talked into the Beyond Fitness personal trainers that are in
with
> > gols..total rip-off!!!
>
> $254 per month?
>
> I hope you made a mistake when you typed that.
>
> I really hope you made a mistake when you typed that.

Maybe they offer some special services back in the locker room for that
price.

Rene
September 27th 04, 06:52 PM
> Golds is ok, Im in northern Kentucky and joined golds about 2 months ago
> after the gym I went to went belly up.

Just out of curiosity, do you have any idea why they went belly up? ****ty
equipment, bad service, high prices..... Just curious.

Thanks

Blade
September 27th 04, 07:06 PM
On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 16:45:29 GMT, "Art S" >
wrote:

>"Chuck Drake" > wrote in message news:[email protected]_s53...
>> Golds is ok, Im in northern Kentucky and joined golds about 2 months ago
>> after the gym I went to went belly up. They tend to get real crowded around
>> 4pm to 7pm so plan around it. I do like the cardio movie theater when its
>> cardio day.
>> I got a deal of 254 bucks a month and added the wife for 15 a month.
>> Don't get talked into the Beyond Fitness personal trainers that are in with
>> gols..total rip-off!!!
>
>$254 per month?
>
>I hope you made a mistake when you typed that.
>
>I really hope you made a mistake when you typed that.
>
>Art

If you are paying that you should instead invest in good home
equipment! Better than the gym and waiting to use thier ****.

Jim
September 28th 04, 12:36 AM
The Golds in Fort Myers is excellent,but I just joined the Omni Club.
Recognize this guy?
http://www.neogym-online.com/nutdiegrasol1.jpg

Bill Davey..he's the owner..multimillion dollar place. First class
everything. I see Bill there every day doing his personal training thing. I
had to complain though..every TV in front of the cardio machines..at least
50 of them were tuned to Fox news. I said..no way!

Jim