PDA

View Full Version : Pol: We elected this guy? (funny but painful)

Florida Patriot
September 26th 04, 03:16 PM
Telling and funny. In this video clip, Bush shows his intelligent and
straight-forward approach to questions he hasn't been prepped for.

It's a little painful to watch. (The audience actually laughs *at*
him.) And it leaves you shaking your head, mumbling under your breath
"How in the world did we elect this guy leader of the free world?"

http://viral.3dge.net/attachments/00/00/09/bush-sovereignty.mov

Kevin J. Coolidge
September 26th 04, 03:28 PM
That's it. I'm running for President. I need the money. Vote for me and I'll
do my best to add a department of weight training.

"Florida Patriot" > wrote in message
om...
> Telling and funny. In this video clip, Bush shows his intelligent and
> straight-forward approach to questions he hasn't been prepped for.
>
> It's a little painful to watch. (The audience actually laughs *at*
> him.) And it leaves you shaking your head, mumbling under your breath
> "How in the world did we elect this guy leader of the free world?"
>
> http://viral.3dge.net/attachments/00/00/09/bush-sovereignty.mov

Pete
September 26th 04, 05:28 PM
Florida Patriot wrote:
> Telling and funny. In this video clip, Bush shows his intelligent and
> straight-forward approach to questions he hasn't been prepped for.
>
> It's a little painful to watch. (The audience actually laughs *at*
> him.) And it leaves you shaking your head, mumbling under your breath
> "How in the world did we elect this guy leader of the free world?"
>
> http://viral.3dge.net/attachments/00/00/09/bush-sovereignty.mov

Bush's response should have been, "Why do you ask such stupid questions?"

---

Lee Michaels
September 26th 04, 05:34 PM
> Florida Patriot wrote:

> > And it leaves you shaking your head, mumbling under your breath
> > "How in the world did we elect this guy leader of the free world?"

Cuz the alternative was Al Gore?

John M. Williams
September 26th 04, 05:54 PM
"Lee Michaels" > wrote:

>> Florida Patriot wrote:
>
>> > And it leaves you shaking your head, mumbling under your breath
>> > "How in the world did we elect this guy leader of the free world?"
>> >
>Cuz the alternative was Al Gore?

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/ken_crossman/Gore.htm

Lee Michaels
September 26th 04, 06:08 PM
"John M. Williams" wrote

> >Cuz the alternative was Al Gore?
>
> http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/ken_crossman/Gore.htm

Well, I obviously can't tell the difference. I only got 25% right.

John M. Williams
September 26th 04, 07:06 PM
"Lee Michaels" > wrote:

>> >Cuz the alternative was Al Gore?
>>
>> http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/ken_crossman/Gore.htm
>
>Well, I obviously can't tell the difference. I only got 25% right.

And in terms of how "smart" a candidate is, Kaczynski got better
grades at Harvard than either Bush or Kerry did at Yale. I'm sure he
would be very popular with those concerned with the environment.

Pete
September 26th 04, 07:24 PM
Lee Michaels wrote:

>>> Cuz the alternative was Al Gore?
>>
>> http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/ken_crossman/Gore.htm
>
> Well, I obviously can't tell the difference. I only got 25% right.

Ditto. 25%.

---

David Cohen
September 26th 04, 07:43 PM
"Pete" > wrote
> Lee Michaels wrote:

> >> http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/ken_crossman/Gore.htm
> >
> > Well, I obviously can't tell the difference. I only got 25% right.
>
> Ditto. 25%.

I got 58%. Maybe my experience as a paramedic dealing with psychopathic
nutjobs helped.

As well as the occasional brilliant homicidal criminal.

David

Lee Michaels
September 26th 04, 07:55 PM
"John M. Williams" > wrote

> "Lee Michaels" > wrote:

> >> http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/ken_crossman/Gore.htm
> >
> >Well, I obviously can't tell the difference. I only got 25% right.
>
> And in terms of how "smart" a candidate is, Kaczynski got better
> grades at Harvard than either Bush or Kerry did at Yale. I'm sure he
> would be very popular with those concerned with the environment.

Or the Luddites.

John M. Williams
September 26th 04, 08:31 PM
"Lee Michaels" > wrote:

>"John M. Williams" > wrote
>
>> "Lee Michaels" > wrote:
>> >
>> >"John M. Williams" wrote

>> >Well, I obviously can't tell the difference. I only got 25% right.
>>
>> And in terms of how "smart" a candidate is, Kaczynski got better
>> grades at Harvard than either Bush or Kerry did at Yale. I'm sure he
>> would be very popular with those concerned with the environment.
>
>Or the Luddites.

The two groups are almost mutually inclusive.

MJL
September 26th 04, 08:52 PM
On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 18:43:22 GMT, "David Cohen"
> wrote:

>"Pete" > wrote
>> Lee Michaels wrote:
>> > "John M. Williams" wrote

>> > Well, I obviously can't tell the difference. I only got 25% right.
>>
>> Ditto. 25%.
>
>I got 58%. Maybe my experience as a paramedic dealing with psychopathic
>nutjobs helped.
>
>As well as the occasional brilliant homicidal criminal.
>
>David

The Unibomber was right about several things and really really
outstandingly wrong about one.

--
http://www.texansfortruth.org/

MJL
September 26th 04, 08:53 PM
On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 14:28:52 GMT, "Kevin J. Coolidge" >
wrote:

>That's it. I'm running for President. I need the money. Vote for me and I'll
>do my best to add a department of weight training.
>

>"Florida Patriot" > wrote in message
om...
>> Telling and funny. In this video clip, Bush shows his intelligent and
>> straight-forward approach to questions he hasn't been prepped for.
>>
>> It's a little painful to watch. (The audience actually laughs *at*
>> him.) And it leaves you shaking your head, mumbling under your breath
>> "How in the world did we elect this guy leader of the free world?"
>>
>> http://viral.3dge.net/attachments/00/00/09/bush-sovereignty.mov

will top-posting be a campaign plank?

--
http://www.texansfortruth.org/

Lyle McDonald
September 26th 04, 09:00 PM
David Cohen wrote:

> "Pete" > wrote
>
>>Lee Michaels wrote:
>>
>>>"John M. Williams" wrote

>>>Well, I obviously can't tell the difference. I only got 25% right.
>>
>>Ditto. 25%.
>

> I got 58%. Maybe my experience as a paramedic dealing with psychopathic
> nutjobs helped.
>
> As well as the occasional brilliant homicidal criminal.

I bet they become homicidal criminals because they were circumcised.

Lyle
A clear transferrence of the permanent pain they experienced at the
hands of a cruel world right back to that cruel world.

Kevin J. Coolidge
September 27th 04, 12:06 AM
yes, it will be fine, cause half the people don't care. Maybe I'll focus on
education, and teach people to read faster.

"MJL" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 14:28:52 GMT, "Kevin J. Coolidge" >
> wrote:
>
>>That's it. I'm running for President. I need the money. Vote for me and
>>I'll
>>do my best to add a department of weight training.
>>

>>"Florida Patriot" > wrote in message
om...
>>> Telling and funny. In this video clip, Bush shows his intelligent and
>>> straight-forward approach to questions he hasn't been prepped for.
>>>
>>> It's a little painful to watch. (The audience actually laughs *at*
>>> him.) And it leaves you shaking your head, mumbling under your breath
>>> "How in the world did we elect this guy leader of the free world?"
>>>
>>> http://viral.3dge.net/attachments/00/00/09/bush-sovereignty.mov
>>

> will top-posting be a campaign plank?
>

> --
> http://www.texansfortruth.org/

Brandon Berg
September 27th 04, 12:14 AM
"Kevin J. Coolidge" > wrote in message
> That's it. I'm running for President. I need the money. Vote for me and
> I'll do my best to add a department of weight training.

You do that, and within ten years we'll be getting tax credits for Bowflex
machines and need permits to buy free weights.

--
Brandon Berg
Fix the obvious homonym substitution to reply.

Pete
September 27th 04, 01:30 AM
Brandon Berg wrote:
> "Kevin J. Coolidge" > wrote in message
>> That's it. I'm running for President. I need the money. Vote for me
>> and I'll do my best to add a department of weight training.
>
> You do that, and within ten years we'll be getting tax credits for
> Bowflex machines and need permits to buy free weights.

If you outlaw free weights, only outlaws will have free weights.

---

Zen Cohen
September 27th 04, 02:22 AM
"Lee Michaels" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s54...

>.....> > And in terms of how "smart" a candidate is, Kaczynski got better
> > grades at Harvard than either Bush or Kerry did at Yale. I'm sure he
> > would be very popular with those concerned with the environment.
>
> Or the Luddites.

I used to love Allen Luddite when he was the host on Password

David Cohen
September 27th 04, 02:49 AM
"MJL" > wrote
> "David Cohen" > wrote:

> >> Ditto. 25%.
> >
> >I got 58%. Maybe my experience as a paramedic dealing with psychopathic
> >nutjobs helped.
> >
> >As well as the occasional brilliant homicidal criminal.

> The Unibomber was right about several things and really really
> outstandingly wrong about one.

Which seperates him from Algore, who was right about something, I'm sure,
give me a minute, and really really wrong about everything else.

David

John M. Williams
September 27th 04, 02:52 AM
"Zen Cohen" > wrote:

>"Lee Michaels" > wrote:
>>
>>.....> > And in terms of how "smart" a candidate is, Kaczynski got better
>> > grades at Harvard than either Bush or Kerry did at Yale. I'm sure he
>> > would be very popular with those concerned with the environment.
>>
>> Or the Luddites.
>
>I used to love Allen Luddite when he was the host on Password

Wasn't his son, Trogg, in "Quest for Fire"?

David Cohen
September 27th 04, 02:52 AM
"Lyle McDonald" > wrote in message
> David Cohen wrote:

> >>Ditto. 25%.
> >

> > I got 58%. Maybe my experience as a paramedic dealing with psychopathic
> > nutjobs helped.
> >
> > As well as the occasional brilliant homicidal criminal.
> >

> I bet they become homicidal criminals because they were circumcised.

Most homicidal criminals were circumcised. A coincidence? <insert the DRS
motto> "I think not".

David

Brandon Berg
September 27th 04, 03:02 AM
"John M. Williams" > wrote in message
> "Zen Cohen" > wrote:
>>
>>"Lee Michaels" > wrote:
>>>
>>>.....> > And in terms of how "smart" a candidate is, Kaczynski got better
>>>
>>> Or the Luddites.
>>
>>I used to love Allen Luddite when he was the host on Password
>
> Wasn't his son, Trogg, in "Quest for Fire"?

He named his son Trogg?

--
Brandon Berg
Fix the obvious homonym substitution to reply.

John M. Williams
September 27th 04, 03:05 AM
"Brandon Berg" > wrote:
>"John M. Williams" > wrote:

>>>I used to love Allen Luddite when he was the host on Password
>>
>> Wasn't his son, Trogg, in "Quest for Fire"?
>
>He named his son Trogg?

<whoosh>

Don
September 27th 04, 04:02 AM
I got 67% correct. Big deal. Hitler said we should be kind to animals. Oops,
now I dun it, mentioned Nazis in a thread. I once had an anthropology
Professor tell the class "Maybe the neolithic revolution was a mistake, as far
as human happiness is concerned". Now, that's a luddite!.

bc
September 27th 04, 03:28 PM
"David Cohen" > wrote in message . net>...
> "Lyle McDonald" > wrote in message
> > David Cohen wrote:
> >
> > > "Pete" > wrote

> > > I got 58%. Maybe my experience as a paramedic dealing with psychopathic
> > > nutjobs helped.
> > >
> > > As well as the occasional brilliant homicidal criminal.
> > >

> > I bet they become homicidal criminals because they were circumcised.
>
> Most homicidal criminals were circumcised. A coincidence? <insert the DRS
> motto> "I think not".
>
> David

Well, Bill Clinton was a Rhodes Scholar, understood history and
culture, knew how to build consensus, was a talented negotiator, and
probably had more pure smarts than any of these other guys. Yet, does
he have the brains to show an iota of good judgement when it comes to
his sex addiction? Where the hell are the smart people with good
judgement who actually believe the job is supposed to be one of
service to the nation? I guess they don't want the job.

- bc

David Cohen
September 27th 04, 04:20 PM
"bc" > wrote
> "David Cohen" > wrote

> > > I bet they become homicidal criminals because they were circumcised.
> >
> > Most homicidal criminals were circumcised. A coincidence? <insert the
DRS
> > motto> "I think not".
> >
> Well, Bill Clinton was a Rhodes Scholar, understood history and
> culture, knew how to build consensus, was a talented negotiator, and
> probably had more pure smarts than any of these other guys.

Probably. Certainly would be more fun partying at a Vegas gentlemen's club.

> Yet, does
> he have the brains to show an iota of good judgement when it comes to
> his sex addiction?

Why do men have holes in their penises? To let air into the brain.

> Where the hell are the smart people with good
> judgement who actually believe the job is supposed to be one of
> service to the nation? I guess they don't want the job.

They went into nursing.

David

Adam Fahy
September 27th 04, 07:03 PM
Florida Patriot wrote:

> Telling and funny. In this video clip, Bush shows his intelligent and
> straight-forward approach to questions he hasn't been prepped for.
>
> It's a little painful to watch. (The audience actually laughs *at*
> him.) And it leaves you shaking your head, mumbling under your breath
> "How in the world did we elect this guy leader of the free world?"
>
> http://viral.3dge.net/attachments/00/00/09/bush-sovereignty.mov

This bit was painful, but did Bush ever get anywhere with his answer?
The clip is snipped; we have no idea.

-Adam

Jeff Harper
September 27th 04, 09:57 PM
"John M. Williams" > wrote in message
> "Lee Michaels" > wrote:

> And in terms of how "smart" a candidate is, Kaczynski got better
> grades at Harvard than either Bush or Kerry did at Yale. I'm sure he
> would be very popular with those concerned with the environment.

The difference between necessary and sufficient.

Jeff Harper
September 27th 04, 10:02 PM
"Adam Fahy" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Florida Patriot wrote:
>
> > Telling and funny. In this video clip, Bush shows his intelligent and
> > straight-forward approach to questions he hasn't been prepped for.
> >
> > It's a little painful to watch. (The audience actually laughs *at*
> > him.) And it leaves you shaking your head, mumbling under your breath
> > "How in the world did we elect this guy leader of the free world?"
> >
> > http://viral.3dge.net/attachments/00/00/09/bush-sovereignty.mov
>
> This bit was painful, but did Bush ever get anywhere with his answer?
> The clip is snipped; we have no idea.
>

> -Adam

In fairness, I'll tell you.. He did manage to add a semi-passable answer.

But, man, this guy is really not Presidential material.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/multimedia/foolbush.mov

Jeff Harper
Tampa, FL

Tiger Hillside
September 27th 04, 10:50 PM
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 17:02:51 -0400, "Jeff Harper"
> wrote:

>"Adam Fahy" > wrote in message
>news:[email protected]
>> Florida Patriot wrote:
>>
>> > Telling and funny. In this video clip, Bush shows his intelligent and
>> > straight-forward approach to questions he hasn't been prepped for.
>> >
>> > It's a little painful to watch. (The audience actually laughs *at*
>> > him.) And it leaves you shaking your head, mumbling under your breath
>> > "How in the world did we elect this guy leader of the free world?"
>> >
>> > http://viral.3dge.net/attachments/00/00/09/bush-sovereignty.mov
>>
>> This bit was painful, but did Bush ever get anywhere with his answer?
>> The clip is snipped; we have no idea.

>In fairness, I'll tell you.. He did manage to add a semi-passable answer.

For a sufficiently small value of semi. I suspect that Native rights
activists would love to have Bush's position as the actual federal
position.