PDA

View Full Version : Questions about recover

Andrew
September 26th 04, 04:45 PM
Hi all,

Last December I blew out my left rotator cuff and since then I have been
unable to work my upper body. I have spent time in therapy and it is
finally healed enough that I can resume my training. Now, before I was
injured I was really making some great gains and I was really on my way to
reaching my goals. Now, almost a year later I have to restart, which is a
bit frustrating, but none the less, I began last week.

Now, my question for you all, is how realisticly can I depend on "muscle
memory" and how long do you think it will take for me to get back in that
"gains" zone? I work out 3-4 times a week, Day 1 Chest/Abs Day 2 Back
Shoulders Day 3 Bi's/Tri's/Forearms Day 4 Quads/Hams/Calf On my
cardio days I will do my abs and also pick a lagging part, mainly forearms
or calves. I warm up with 20 mins on the bike or EFX. I then stretch and
really warm up my joints with light weights and high reps. I do my work
out, which is moderate weights right now until I build up the strenght, and
I finish by using one of those ab belts on my muscles to give it that final
pump and as well it is a massage.

I monitor my progress daily and I eat a pretty clean diet with adequate
protein. Any suggestions or modifications would be appreciated.

Andrew