PDA

View Full Version : Stretching Question

Tiger Hillside
September 27th 04, 03:33 AM
I read the good scientific paper on stretching at
http://www.cmcrossroads.com/bradapp/docs/rec/stretching/stretching_toc.html,
but I am looking for something on stretching that is the equivalent of
http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html and http://www.exrx.net/.
Does something like that exist?

bc
September 27th 04, 05:39 PM
Tiger Hillside > wrote in message >...
> I read the good scientific paper on stretching at
> http://www.cmcrossroads.com/bradapp/docs/rec/stretching/stretching_toc.html,
> but I am looking for something on stretching that is the equivalent of
> http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html and http://www.exrx.net/.
> Does something like that exist?

I like Bob Anderson's old classic book. I think he has a 20th
anniversary edition out, still only $10 or $12 in paperback.

- bc

ff123
September 28th 04, 02:06 AM
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 02:33:42 GMT, Tiger Hillside
> wrote:

> I read the good scientific paper on stretching at
>http://www.cmcrossroads.com/bradapp/docs/rec/stretching/stretching_toc.html,
>but I am looking for something on stretching that is the equivalent of
>http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html and http://www.exrx.net/.
>Does something like that exist?

You mean on a website? I don't know about that, but I can recommend
"Overcome Neck and Back Pain," by Kit Laughlin. What I like is his
emphasis on PNF, which includes not only stretching but also
strengthening. The book also uses photographs to show how to perform
the stretches/exercises (unlike the Bob Anderson book).

Amazon raters also seem to like his "Stretching and Flexibility" book,
which is probably more general, but I don't have that one.

ff123

Tiger Hillside
September 28th 04, 04:47 AM
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 18:06:08 -0700, ff123 > wrote:

>On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 02:33:42 GMT, Tiger Hillside
> wrote:
>
>> I read the good scientific paper on stretching at
>>http://www.cmcrossroads.com/bradapp/docs/rec/stretching/stretching_toc.html,
>>but I am looking for something on stretching that is the equivalent of
>>http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html and http://www.exrx.net/.
>>Does something like that exist?
>>

>You mean on a website? I don't know about that, but I can recommend
>"Overcome Neck and Back Pain," by Kit Laughlin. What I like is his
>emphasis on PNF, which includes not only stretching but also
>strengthening. The book also uses photographs to show how to perform
>the stretches/exercises (unlike the Bob Anderson book).
>
>Amazon raters also seem to like his "Stretching and Flexibility" book,
>which is probably more general, but I don't have that one.

You mean that you can learn things from books? Next thing you'll tell
me is not to believe everything I read on the Internet.

Yeah, it would be nice to get some pages, but if this, and the
Anderson book BC suggested, are good I will look for them. Thanks.

elzinator
September 28th 04, 05:00 AM
On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 03:47:23 GMT, Tiger Hillside wrote:
>On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 18:06:08 -0700, ff123 > wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 02:33:42 GMT, Tiger Hillside
> wrote:
>>
>>> I read the good scientific paper on stretching at
>>>http://www.cmcrossroads.com/bradapp/docs/rec/stretching/stretching_toc.html,
>>>but I am looking for something on stretching that is the equivalent of
>>>http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html and http://www.exrx.net/.
>>>Does something like that exist?
>>>

>>You mean on a website? I don't know about that, but I can recommend
>>"Overcome Neck and Back Pain," by Kit Laughlin. What I like is his
>>emphasis on PNF, which includes not only stretching but also
>>strengthening. The book also uses photographs to show how to perform
>>the stretches/exercises (unlike the Bob Anderson book).
>>
>>Amazon raters also seem to like his "Stretching and Flexibility" book,
>>which is probably more general, but I don't have that one.
>
>You mean that you can learn things from books? Next thing you'll tell
>me is not to believe everything I read on the Internet.
>
>Yeah, it would be nice to get some pages, but if this, and the
>Anderson book BC suggested, are good I will look for them. Thanks.

You can also visit Kit's website for info on his books. He also has
various articles as well.

Kit's a great guy.

Beelzibub

"Modern man must rediscover a deeper source of his own spiritual life. To do this,he is obligated
to struggle with evil, to confront his own shadow, to integrate the devil."
- Carl Jung

Tiger Hillside
September 28th 04, 02:02 PM
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 23:00:18 -0500, elzinator
> wrote:

>On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 03:47:23 GMT, Tiger Hillside wrote:
>>On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 18:06:08 -0700, ff123 > wrote:

>>>You mean on a website? I don't know about that, but I can recommend
>>>"Overcome Neck and Back Pain," by Kit Laughlin. What I like is his
>>>emphasis on PNF, which includes not only stretching but also
>>>strengthening. The book also uses photographs to show how to perform
>>>the stretches/exercises (unlike the Bob Anderson book).
>>>
>>>Amazon raters also seem to like his "Stretching and Flexibility" book,
>>>which is probably more general, but I don't have that one.
>>
>>You mean that you can learn things from books? Next thing you'll tell
>>me is not to believe everything I read on the Internet.
>>
>>Yeah, it would be nice to get some pages, but if this, and the
>>Anderson book BC suggested, are good I will look for them. Thanks.
>
>You can also visit Kit's website for info on his books. He also has
>various articles as well.
>
>Kit's a great guy.

Thanks.