PDA

View Full Version : Dear Canadians:

David Cohen
September 29th 04, 11:49 PM
Dear Canadians:

Thank you for sending us the Montreal Expos. In return, we'd like to offer
Celine Dion back. You can pick her up here in Las Vegas anytime this week.
Thanks.

September 30th 04, 12:20 AM
"David Cohen" > wrote in message
link.net...
> Dear Canadians:
>
> Thank you for sending us the Montreal Expos. In return, we'd like to offer
> Celine Dion back. You can pick her up here in Las Vegas anytime this week.
> Thanks.
>
> David

in a box preferably

Larry Hodges
September 30th 04, 12:46 AM
David Cohen wrote:
> Dear Canadians:
>
> Thank you for sending us the Montreal Expos. In return, we'd like to
> offer Celine Dion back. You can pick her up here in Las Vegas anytime
> this week. Thanks.
>
> David

They did give us Shania Twain. Gotta thank them for that. However, she
doesn't live here, so she really doesn't count.
--
-Larry

elzinator
September 30th 04, 01:41 AM
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 16:46:59 -0700, Larry Hodges wrote:
>David Cohen wrote:
>> Dear Canadians:
>>
>> Thank you for sending us the Montreal Expos. In return, we'd like to
>> offer Celine Dion back. You can pick her up here in Las Vegas anytime
>> this week. Thanks.
>>
>> David
>
>They did give us Shania Twain. Gotta thank them for that. However, she
>doesn't live here, so she really doesn't count.

Too bad she can't sing.

Beelzibub

"Modern man must rediscover a deeper source of his own spiritual life. To do this,he is obligated
to struggle with evil, to confront his own shadow, to integrate the devil."
- Carl Jung

Larry Hodges
September 30th 04, 01:58 AM
elzinator wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 16:46:59 -0700, Larry Hodges wrote:
>> David Cohen wrote:
>>> Dear Canadians:
>>>
>>> Thank you for sending us the Montreal Expos. In return, we'd like to
>>> offer Celine Dion back. You can pick her up here in Las Vegas
>>> anytime this week. Thanks.
>>>
>>> David
>>
>> They did give us Shania Twain. Gotta thank them for that. However,
>> she doesn't live here, so she really doesn't count.
>
> Too bad she can't sing.

Dude! Err....dudette, she's a great singer! I loved her singing before I
ever saw her. Once I saw her, I was in love.

The other half of my fantasy sandwich is Faith Hill. Very yumtastic.
--
-Larry

Keith Hobman
September 30th 04, 02:07 AM
In article >, nospam.net wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 16:46:59 -0700, Larry Hodges wrote:
> >David Cohen wrote:
> >> Dear Canadians:
> >>
> >> Thank you for sending us the Montreal Expos. In return, we'd like to
> >> offer Celine Dion back. You can pick her up here in Las Vegas anytime
> >> this week. Thanks.
> >>
> >> David
> >
> >They did give us Shania Twain. Gotta thank them for that. However, she
> >doesn't live here, so she really doesn't count.
>
> Too bad she can't sing.

Doesn't have to. She is a pop star.

Our best band of the past 20 years has been Blue Rodeo and they couldn't
get anything cut south of the border. Mainly because they refuse to
conform and fit into a nice niche. Kind of a 90's version of the Band.

elzinator
September 30th 04, 02:37 AM
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 17:58:24 -0700, Larry Hodges wrote:
>elzinator wrote:

>>> They did give us Shania Twain. Gotta thank them for that. However,
>>> she doesn't live here, so she really doesn't count.
>>
>> Too bad she can't sing.
>
>Dude! Err....dudette, she's a great singer! I loved her singing before I
>ever saw her. Once I saw her, I was in love.

She might be sexy, but she still can't sing. She can't seem to
articulate her words when she sings; cant understand what she's
singing.

>The other half of my fantasy sandwich is Faith Hill. Very yumtastic.

Faith Hill is better, in my opinion.
Of course, I'd much rather prefer her hubby, Tim McGraw. I'd like to
come home to him any day. Yowsah.....

Beelzibub

The human in us owes fealty to humanity. But the wolf in us acknowledges no master.

elzinator
September 30th 04, 02:40 AM
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 19:07:12 -0600, Keith Hobman wrote:
>In article >, nospam.net wrote:

>> >They did give us Shania Twain. Gotta thank them for that. However, she
>> >doesn't live here, so she really doesn't count.
>>
>> Too bad she can't sing.
>
>Doesn't have to. She is a pop star.

I don't judge performers based on their celebrity status. I still
think she can't sing and I don't care for her music, pop star or not.

>Our best band of the past 20 years has been Blue Rodeo and they couldn't
>get anything cut south of the border. Mainly because they refuse to
>conform and fit into a nice niche. Kind of a 90's version of the Band.

Not familiar with them, but I was a The Band fan. I'm interested.

Beelzibub

"Modern man must rediscover a deeper source of his own spiritual life. To do this,he is obligated
to struggle with evil, to confront his own shadow, to integrate the devil."
- Carl Jung

Keith Hobman
September 30th 04, 02:47 AM
In article >, nospam.net wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 19:07:12 -0600, Keith Hobman wrote:

> >> Too bad she can't sing.
> >
> >Doesn't have to. She is a pop star.
>
> I don't judge performers based on their celebrity status. I still
> think she can't sing and I don't care for her music, pop star or not.

I agree with both your judgement criteria and opinion of Shania.

> >Our best band of the past 20 years has been Blue Rodeo and they couldn't
> >get anything cut south of the border. Mainly because they refuse to
> >conform and fit into a nice niche. Kind of a 90's version of the Band.
>
> Not familiar with them, but I was a The Band fan. I'm interested.

I'll bring on down some cd's. They go good with red wine.

I'm tired of getting my butt kicked anyhow, so listening to music might be
the thing. Twisted my knee today on my motorcycle - got cut off by a kid
on a bike and had to run the sidewalk. Wasn't a kid kid either - young
hotshot on a trick bike decided to cut between cars. Sheesh. So I tried to
squat and got my butt kicked. Then I did a 15% lab exam and got my butt
kicked. Then Lyle climbed on board in posting. Hell, I can't figure out
how I learnt to squat on a toilet now without a mirror. Another butt
kickin', after you giving it too me the last couple days. It's one of
those days where you wonder why you bother.

I'm tired. Tired, tired, tired...

Well. You get the idea.

Jim Ranieri
September 30th 04, 02:49 AM
"elzinator" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 16:46:59 -0700, Larry Hodges wrote:
> >David Cohen wrote:
> >> Dear Canadians:
> >>
> >> Thank you for sending us the Montreal Expos. In return, we'd like to
> >> offer Celine Dion back. You can pick her up here in Las Vegas anytime
> >> this week. Thanks.
> >>
> >> David
> >
> >They did give us Shania Twain. Gotta thank them for that. However, she
> >doesn't live here, so she really doesn't count.
>
> Too bad she can't sing.

I think Dale Watson (one of your fellow Texans) must've been referring to
her in "That's Country, My Ass"

Goes something like this here...

"Now, she's out there too, she's got her own secrets too.
Cuz she can't sing a lick and in a bucket, she couldn't carry her tunes.
But, she's pretty as a picture and she sure got a nice set of...wits.
And she misses her producer slash boyfriend who seduced her, er produced her
a hit

That's country, my ass,
Who do they think we am?
Force-feed us that ****.
Ain't you real tired of it?
Tell 'em stick it up high,
Where the sun don't shine.
We're ****ed, we're mad 'cause that's country, my ass"

John Hanson
September 30th 04, 02:59 AM
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 20:49:58 -0500, "Jim Ranieri"
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>"elzinator" > wrote in message

>> >They did give us Shania Twain. Gotta thank them for that. However, she
>> >doesn't live here, so she really doesn't count.
>>
>> Too bad she can't sing.
>>

>I think Dale Watson (one of your fellow Texans) must've been referring to
>her in "That's Country, My Ass"
>
>Goes something like this here...
>
>"Now, she's out there too, she's got her own secrets too.
>Cuz she can't sing a lick and in a bucket, she couldn't carry her tunes.
>But, she's pretty as a picture and she sure got a nice set of...wits.
>And she misses her producer slash boyfriend who seduced her, er produced her
>a hit
>
>That's country, my ass,
>Who do they think we am?
>Force-feed us that ****.
>Ain't you real tired of it?
>Tell 'em stick it up high,
>Where the sun don't shine.
>We're ****ed, we're mad 'cause that's country, my ass"

He sounds like a Christian David Allan Coe.

elzinator
September 30th 04, 03:05 AM
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 19:47:50 -0600, Keith Hobman wrote:
>In article >, nospam.net wrote:

>> >Our best band of the past 20 years has been Blue Rodeo and they couldn't
>> >get anything cut south of the border. Mainly because they refuse to
>> >conform and fit into a nice niche. Kind of a 90's version of the Band.
>>
>> Not familiar with them, but I was a The Band fan. I'm interested.
>
>I'll bring on down some cd's. They go good with red wine.
>
>I'm tired of getting my butt kicked anyhow, so listening to music might be
>the thing. Twisted my knee today on my motorcycle - got cut off by a kid
>on a bike and had to run the sidewalk. Wasn't a kid kid either - young
>hotshot on a trick bike decided to cut between cars. Sheesh. So I tried to
>squat and got my butt kicked. Then I did a 15% lab exam and got my butt
>kicked. Then Lyle climbed on board in posting. Hell, I can't figure out
>how I learnt to squat on a toilet now without a mirror. Another butt
>kickin', after you giving it too me the last couple days. It's one of
>those days where you wonder why you bother.
>
>I'm tired. Tired, tired, tired...
>
>Well. You get the idea.

Dude, we all have those days.

Go to the fridge and pour yourself a glass of wine (I would add two
ice cubes, but not sure how you are about such things), quietly shut
the door, and put on the headphones, sit back, feet up and close your
eyes.

Works for me anyway.....
;)

Beelzibub

"Modern man must rediscover a deeper source of his own spiritual life. To do this,he is obligated
to struggle with evil, to confront his own shadow, to integrate the devil."
- Carl Jung

Jim Ranieri
September 30th 04, 03:19 AM
"John Hanson" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 20:49:58 -0500, "Jim Ranieri"
> > wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

> >> Too bad she can't sing.
> >>

> >I think Dale Watson (one of your fellow Texans) must've been referring to
> >her in "That's Country, My Ass"
> >
> >Goes something like this here...
> >
> >"Now, she's out there too, she's got her own secrets too.
> >Cuz she can't sing a lick and in a bucket, she couldn't carry her tunes.
> >But, she's pretty as a picture and she sure got a nice set of...wits.
> >And she misses her producer slash boyfriend who seduced her, er produced
her
> >a hit
> >
> >That's country, my ass,
> >Who do they think we am?
> >Force-feed us that ****.
> >Ain't you real tired of it?
> >Tell 'em stick it up high,
> >Where the sun don't shine.
> >We're ****ed, we're mad 'cause that's country, my ass"
> >

> He sounds like a Christian David Allan Coe.

I don't know about the Christian part, but he's a good, cynical,
anti-Nashvillite.

George
September 30th 04, 03:34 AM
you can keep celine dion. its bad enough she is on the radio every 20
minutes. i even have to suffer through remixes of her brand of crap at the
gym.

"David Cohen" > wrote in message
link.net...
> Dear Canadians:
>
> Thank you for sending us the Montreal Expos. In return, we'd like to offer
> Celine Dion back. You can pick her up here in Las Vegas anytime this week.
> Thanks.
>
> David

elzinator
September 30th 04, 03:37 AM
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 20:49:58 -0500, Jim Ranieri wrote:

>"elzinator" > wrote in message

>> >They did give us Shania Twain. Gotta thank them for that. However, she
>> >doesn't live here, so she really doesn't count.
>>
>> Too bad she can't sing.
>
>I think Dale Watson (one of your fellow Texans) must've been referring to
>her in "That's Country, My Ass"
>
>Goes something like this here...
>
>"Now, she's out there too, she's got her own secrets too.
>Cuz she can't sing a lick and in a bucket, she couldn't carry her tunes.
>But, she's pretty as a picture and she sure got a nice set of...wits.
>And she misses her producer slash boyfriend who seduced her, er produced her
>a hit
>
>That's country, my ass,
>Who do they think we am?
>Force-feed us that ****.
>Ain't you real tired of it?
>Tell 'em stick it up high,
>Where the sun don't shine.
>We're ****ed, we're mad 'cause that's country, my ass"

Tooo funny! Your hunch may be right.

I recall the controversy when she first appeared, and it was along the
same lines. But that was also when country was hybridizing with other
genres, including pop music.

She won many over with her sex appeal, which is real. But my first and
remaining impression is that she slurs and murmurs her words, with a
slight nasal quality. (I remember asking country music friends "What
the hell is she trying to sing about? They couldn't seem to answer my
question, so I knew it wasn't just me.) I didn't like her singing then
and I still don't.

I immediately liked Terri Clark: bold, sometimes crass, articulate,
and daring. And I like her voice. But that was years ago; don't know
what she's singing now. Haven't listened to country music in a couple
years now.

My ultimate favorite is Riders in the Sky and Asleep at the Wheel. Saw
them both in concert and twas good time fun.

BTW, ever hear the Austin Lounge Lizards? I took one of their CDs to
work when I was in Ohio and they were an immediate hit. One day I
heard ALL playing in 3 labs in the building.

http://www.austinlizards.com/

Samples:
http://www.austinlizards.com/music.html
Listen to "Strange Noises in the Dark"

They are a gas to see live. They will be in Fort Worth and Austin next
month; I plan to be at one or the other.

Being in/from Texas adds another dimension to their songs. For
instance, the song "Pflugerville" resonates with me; that's where
Shadow was for a year (and where most of the Dell plants are and had
clients that lived there). I am familiar with the folks there. (the CD
"Creatures From the Black Lagoon" is my favorite).

Beelzibub

"Modern man must rediscover a deeper source of his own spiritual life. To do this,he is obligated
to struggle with evil, to confront his own shadow, to integrate the devil."
- Carl Jung

elzinator
September 30th 04, 03:38 AM
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 21:19:37 -0500, Jim Ranieri wrote:

>"John Hanson" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 20:49:58 -0500, "Jim Ranieri"
>> > wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>anytime

>she

>> >I think Dale Watson (one of your fellow Texans) must've been referring to
>> >her in "That's Country, My Ass"
>> >
>> >Goes something like this here...
>> >
>> >"Now, she's out there too, she's got her own secrets too.
>> >Cuz she can't sing a lick and in a bucket, she couldn't carry her tunes.
>> >But, she's pretty as a picture and she sure got a nice set of...wits.
>> >And she misses her producer slash boyfriend who seduced her, er produced
>her
>> >a hit
>> >
>> >That's country, my ass,
>> >Who do they think we am?
>> >Force-feed us that ****.
>> >Ain't you real tired of it?
>> >Tell 'em stick it up high,
>> >Where the sun don't shine.
>> >We're ****ed, we're mad 'cause that's country, my ass"
>> >

>> He sounds like a Christian David Allan Coe.
>
>I don't know about the Christian part, but he's a good, cynical,
>anti-Nashvillite.

DA Coe is classic!

Beelzibub

"Modern man must rediscover a deeper source of his own spiritual life. To do this,he is obligated
to struggle with evil, to confront his own shadow, to integrate the devil."
- Carl Jung

John Hanson
September 30th 04, 03:49 AM
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 21:19:37 -0500, "Jim Ranieri"
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>"John Hanson" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 20:49:58 -0500, "Jim Ranieri"
>> > wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>anytime

>she

>> >I think Dale Watson (one of your fellow Texans) must've been referring to
>> >her in "That's Country, My Ass"
>> >
>> >Goes something like this here...
>> >
>> >"Now, she's out there too, she's got her own secrets too.
>> >Cuz she can't sing a lick and in a bucket, she couldn't carry her tunes.
>> >But, she's pretty as a picture and she sure got a nice set of...wits.
>> >And she misses her producer slash boyfriend who seduced her, er produced
>her
>> >a hit
>> >
>> >That's country, my ass,
>> >Who do they think we am?
>> >Force-feed us that ****.
>> >Ain't you real tired of it?
>> >Tell 'em stick it up high,
>> >Where the sun don't shine.
>> >We're ****ed, we're mad 'cause that's country, my ass"
>> >

>> He sounds like a Christian David Allan Coe.
>
>I don't know about the Christian part, but he's a good, cynical,
>anti-Nashvillite.

That's the sort of stuff I imagine David Allan Coe would sing if he
were to find God and "clean up his act".

Pete
September 30th 04, 04:03 AM
elzinator wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 16:46:59 -0700, Larry Hodges wrote:
>> David Cohen wrote:
>>> Dear Canadians:
>>>
>>> Thank you for sending us the Montreal Expos. In return, we'd like to
>>> offer Celine Dion back. You can pick her up here in Las Vegas
>>> anytime this week. Thanks.
>>>
>>> David
>>
>> They did give us Shania Twain. Gotta thank them for that. However,
>> she doesn't live here, so she really doesn't count.
>
> Too bad she can't sing.

Doesn't matter.

---

elzinator
September 30th 04, 04:16 AM
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 20:03:45 -0700, Pete wrote:
>elzinator wrote:

>>> They did give us Shania Twain. Gotta thank them for that. However,
>>> she doesn't live here, so she really doesn't count.
>>
>> Too bad she can't sing.
>
>Doesn't matter.

That's relative.

It does to some of us.

Beelzibub

"Modern man must rediscover a deeper source of his own spiritual life. To do this,he is obligated
to struggle with evil, to confront his own shadow, to integrate the devil."
- Carl Jung

Pete
September 30th 04, 04:55 AM
elzinator wrote:

>> On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 20:03:45 -0700, Pete wrote:

>>> elzinator wrote:

>>> Too bad she can't sing.
>>
>> Doesn't matter.
>
> That's relative.
>
> It does to some of us.

Album sales of over 50 million point to the fact that it doesn't matter that
it matters to some of you.

---

Keith Hobman
September 30th 04, 08:29 AM
In article >, DZ
> wrote:

> I'm going to Toronto for the first time in October. Should I bring
> along my felt winter footwear, rabbit ear-flap hat, and thick mittens?

Of course.

Jim Ranieri
September 30th 04, 12:32 PM
"elzinator" > wrote in message

> >> Too bad she can't sing.
> >
> >I think Dale Watson (one of your fellow Texans) must've been referring to
> >her in "That's Country, My Ass"
> >
> >Goes something like this here...
> >
> >"Now, she's out there too, she's got her own secrets too.
> >Cuz she can't sing a lick and in a bucket, she couldn't carry her tunes.
> >But, she's pretty as a picture and she sure got a nice set of...wits.
> >And she misses her producer slash boyfriend who seduced her, er produced
her
> >a hit
> >
> >That's country, my ass,
> >Who do they think we am?
> >Force-feed us that ****.
> >Ain't you real tired of it?
> >Tell 'em stick it up high,
> >Where the sun don't shine.
> >We're ****ed, we're mad 'cause that's country, my ass"
>
> Tooo funny! Your hunch may be right.
>
> I recall the controversy when she first appeared, and it was along the
> same lines. But that was also when country was hybridizing with other
> genres, including pop music.
>
> She won many over with her sex appeal, which is real. But my first and
> remaining impression is that she slurs and murmurs her words, with a
> slight nasal quality. (I remember asking country music friends "What
> the hell is she trying to sing about? They couldn't seem to answer my
> question, so I knew it wasn't just me.) I didn't like her singing then
> and I still don't.
>
> I immediately liked Terri Clark: bold, sometimes crass, articulate,
> and daring. And I like her voice. But that was years ago; don't know
> what she's singing now. Haven't listened to country music in a couple
> years now.
>
> My ultimate favorite is Riders in the Sky and Asleep at the Wheel. Saw
> them both in concert and twas good time fun.
>
> BTW, ever hear the Austin Lounge Lizards? I took one of their CDs to
> work when I was in Ohio and they were an immediate hit. One day I
> heard ALL playing in 3 labs in the building.
>
> http://www.austinlizards.com/
>
> Samples:
> http://www.austinlizards.com/music.html
> Listen to "Strange Noises in the Dark"
>
> They are a gas to see live. They will be in Fort Worth and Austin next
> month; I plan to be at one or the other.

That's pretty good. Some good titles, too:

Jesus Loves Me But He Can't Stand You
Life Is Hard, But Life Is Harder When You're Dumb
Love In A Refrigerator Box

I'll have to keep my eyes open to see if they ever make it up to the Chicago
area.

Dally
September 30th 04, 03:06 PM
elzinator wrote:

> BTW, ever hear the Austin Lounge Lizards? I took one of their CDs to
> work when I was in Ohio and they were an immediate hit. One day I
> heard ALL playing in 3 labs in the building.
>
> http://www.austinlizards.com/
>
> Samples:
> http://www.austinlizards.com/music.html
> Listen to "Strange Noises in the Dark"

I really appreciate it when you do this. I email myself your ideas and
listen to them later. As you've noted, I live in a pretty narrow world.
Hearing outside voices is a good idea.

Dally, as opposed to the ones inside my own head, you know

Lee Michaels
September 30th 04, 03:16 PM
"Dally" > wrote

> I really appreciate it when you do this. I email myself your ideas and
> listen to them later. As you've noted, I live in a pretty narrow world.
> Hearing outside voices is a good idea.
>
> Dally, as opposed to the ones inside my own head, you know

E-mail yourself, eh??

Is that kinda like cyber sex?

Or virtual masturbation?

Or something?

Dally
September 30th 04, 03:38 PM
Lee Michaels wrote:

> "Dally" > wrote
>
>>I really appreciate it when you do this. I email myself your ideas and
>>listen to them later. As you've noted, I live in a pretty narrow world.
>> Hearing outside voices is a good idea.
>>
>>Dally, as opposed to the ones inside my own head, you know
>>
> E-mail yourself, eh??

Just separating the wheat from the chaff. (Ever try to find a post
again in Google when all you recall is that Elzi wrote it about some
music group?)

> Is that kinda like cyber sex?

You must have REALLY bad cyber sex. (Did you write this?)
http://members.cox.net/daguilar1/funny.shtml

Dally

John Hanson
September 30th 04, 03:42 PM
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 22:49:40 GMT, "David Cohen"
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>Dear Canadians:
>
>Thank you for sending us the Montreal Expos. In return, we'd like to offer
>Celine Dion back. You can pick her up here in Las Vegas anytime this week.
>Thanks.

What percentage of the players will choose to live in Virginia,
Maryland or Washington?

I say 95, 5, 0 respectively.

Richard Smith
September 30th 04, 03:55 PM
"elzinator" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 17:58:24 -0700, Larry Hodges wrote:
> >elzinator wrote:

> >> Too bad she can't sing.
> >
> >Dude! Err....dudette, she's a great singer! I loved her singing before
> >ever saw her. Once I saw her, I was in love.
>
> She might be sexy, but she still can't sing. She can't seem to
> articulate her words when she sings; cant understand what she's
> singing.
>
> >The other half of my fantasy sandwich is Faith Hill. Very yumtastic.
>
> Faith Hill is better, in my opinion.
> Of course, I'd much rather prefer her hubby, Tim McGraw. I'd like to
> come home to him any day. Yowsah.....
>

> Beelzibub
>
> The human in us owes fealty to humanity. But the wolf in us acknowledges
no master.

But for a really good whiny voice with no diaphragm nobody beats Sheryl
Crow.

Richard

Richard Smith
September 30th 04, 03:58 PM
"Pete" > wrote in message
> elzinator wrote:

> >> Doesn't matter.
> >
> > That's relative.
> >
> > It does to some of us.
>
> Album sales of over 50 million point to the fact that it doesn't matter
that
> it matters to some of you.
>

> ---

Poor taste sells- just look at television or listen to rap "music".

Richard

Keith Hobman
September 30th 04, 04:07 PM
In article >, "Richard Smith"
> wrote:

> > > That's relative.
> > >
> > > It does to some of us.
> >
> > Album sales of over 50 million point to the fact that it doesn't matter
> that
> > it matters to some of you.
> >

> > ---
>
> Poor taste sells- just look at television or listen to rap "music".

Plus Elzi is still correct - it's relative. Shania has 0 records sold to Elzi.

Neil Gendzwill
September 30th 04, 04:28 PM
Keith Hobman wrote:

> Plus Elzi is still correct - it's relative. Shania has 0 records sold to Elzi.

And 0 to me. I don't care for her voice much, but the songs are worse.
Pseudo-country pop pap that always includes some sort of obnoxious
trick hook. Bleh. But then I don't care for the Nashville sound in
general.

Going to see k.d. lang next week, now there's a singer! Her early stuff
was real country too although lately she's branched into different
stuff. Added Lyle bonus - she's a lesbian.

Neil

Keith Hobman
September 30th 04, 04:36 PM
In article >, Neil Gendzwill
> wrote:

> Keith Hobman wrote:
> >
> > Plus Elzi is still correct - it's relative. Shania has 0 records sold
to Elzi.

> And 0 to me. I don't care for her voice much, but the songs are worse.
> Pseudo-country pop pap that always includes some sort of obnoxious
> trick hook. Bleh. But then I don't care for the Nashville sound in
> general.
>
> Going to see k.d. lang next week, now there's a singer! Her early stuff
> was real country too although lately she's branched into different
> stuff. Added Lyle bonus - she's a lesbian.

I liked 'Constant Craving'. And just liked her 'tude in general. Also a
great voice. Should be a good show.

Larry Hodges
September 30th 04, 04:42 PM
Neil Gendzwill wrote:
> Keith Hobman wrote:
>>
>> Plus Elzi is still correct - it's relative. Shania has 0 records
>> sold to Elzi.
>
> And 0 to me. I don't care for her voice much, but the songs are
> worse. Pseudo-country pop pap that always includes some sort of
> obnoxious trick hook. Bleh. But then I don't care for the
> Nashville sound in general.
>
> Going to see k.d. lang next week, now there's a singer! Her early
> stuff was real country too although lately she's branched into
> different stuff. Added Lyle bonus - she's a lesbian.
>
> Neil

It's her pop flavor on country that I like. I don't like straight country.
Toby Keith is as far into the country woods that I go. Any farther in and
Deliverance happens.
--
-Larry

Neil Gendzwill
September 30th 04, 04:55 PM
Larry Hodges wrote:

> It's her pop flavor on country that I like. I don't like straight country.

You'd be the target audience, then. I'm not much of a fan of pop or pop
country. If I want to hear some rock music, I want some rock, not
disguised with a twang and a hokey tag line. My tastes in country run
more towards older style or more modern "roots" music. I like Alison
Krauss, Lucinda Williams, Patsy Cline, Lyle Lovett, those sorts of people.

There's no debate that Shania is hot, which has helped her career some,
and in interviews she comes off as a genuinely nice person.

Neil

gman99
September 30th 04, 05:10 PM
"David Cohen" > wrote:
> Dear Canadians:
>
> Thank you for sending us the Montreal Expos. In return, we'd like to
> offer Celine Dion back. You can pick her up here in Las Vegas anytime
> this week. Thanks.
>
> David

Well, she's still one of the biggest acts on the strip...someone down there
likes her !

Montreal and sports do not go together...the habs do OK ONLY if they're
winning...

gman99
September 30th 04, 05:13 PM
(Keith Hobman) wrote:
> In article >, nospam.net
> wrote:

> > >They did give us Shania Twain. Gotta thank them for that. However,
> > >she doesn't live here, so she really doesn't count.
> >
> > Too bad she can't sing.
>
> Doesn't have to. She is a pop star.
>
> Our best band of the past 20 years has been Blue Rodeo and they couldn't
> get anything cut south of the border. Mainly because they refuse to
> conform and fit into a nice niche. Kind of a 90's version of the Band.

No way...the Hip all the way. There are many great bands up here that get
little to no recognition in the US. The Northern Pikes, Big Sugar,
Sloan...are a few others.

Keith Hobman
September 30th 04, 05:46 PM
In article >,
(gman99) wrote:

> (Keith Hobman) wrote:
> > In article >, nospam.net
> > wrote:

> > > Too bad she can't sing.
> >
> > Doesn't have to. She is a pop star.
> >
> > Our best band of the past 20 years has been Blue Rodeo and they couldn't
> > get anything cut south of the border. Mainly because they refuse to
> > conform and fit into a nice niche. Kind of a 90's version of the Band.
>
> No way...the Hip all the way. There are many great bands up here that get
> little to no recognition in the US. The Northern Pikes, Big Sugar,
> Sloan...are a few others.

I like the Tragically Hip as well. But I'll take Blue Rodeo.

Proton Soup
September 30th 04, 05:53 PM
On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:55:19 -0600, Neil Gendzwill
> wrote:

>Larry Hodges wrote:
>
>> It's her pop flavor on country that I like. I don't like straight country.
>
>You'd be the target audience, then. I'm not much of a fan of pop or pop
>country. If I want to hear some rock music, I want some rock, not
>disguised with a twang and a hokey tag line. My tastes in country run
>more towards older style or more modern "roots" music. I like Alison
>Krauss, Lucinda Williams, Patsy Cline, Lyle Lovett, those sorts of people.

I'm not normally a big fan of country, but those are all fine choices.

>There's no debate that Shania is hot, which has helped her career some,
>and in interviews she comes off as a genuinely nice person.
>
>Neil

-----------
Proton Soup

"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum."

Anna Martelli Ravenscroft
September 30th 04, 05:57 PM
Neil Gendzwill wrote:
> Larry Hodges wrote:
>
>> It's her pop flavor on country that I like. I don't like straight
>> country.
>

> You'd be the target audience, then. I'm not much of a fan of pop or pop
> country. If I want to hear some rock music, I want some rock, not
> disguised with a twang and a hokey tag line. My tastes in country run
> more towards older style or more modern "roots" music. I like Alison
> Krauss, Lucinda Williams, Patsy Cline, Lyle Lovett, those sorts of people.
>
> There's no debate that Shania is hot, which has helped her career some,
> and in interviews she comes off as a genuinely nice person.
>
> Neil

I take it you're not much of a Steve Earle fan either then, or Richard
Thompson...

Anna
--
I only play Steve Earle when my DH isn't around.

Neil Gendzwill
September 30th 04, 06:32 PM
Anna Martelli Ravenscroft wrote:
> I take it you're not much of a Steve Earle fan either then, or Richard
> Thompson...

Where'd you get that from my post? I like both those guys, although I
don't own a Steve Earle record. I do have one of Thompson's that I
quite like.

Neil

Anna Martelli Ravenscroft
September 30th 04, 07:20 PM
Neil Gendzwill wrote:
> Anna Martelli Ravenscroft wrote:
>
>> I take it you're not much of a Steve Earle fan either then, or
>> Richard Thompson...
>

> Where'd you get that from my post? I like both those guys, although I
> don't own a Steve Earle record. I do have one of Thompson's that I
> quite like.
>
> Neil

That was my translation of: """If I want to hear some rock music, I want
some rock, not disguised with a twang""", and your comments about the
combo of rock and country.

I consider both of them some variant of "country rock"... so I wouldn't
have thought you'd like them. I think they're both really good, even
though I hate standard "country" music... Rockabilly and what I call
"country rock" is good music though...

Anna

Tiger Hillside
September 30th 04, 07:50 PM
On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 08:42:20 -0700, "Larry Hodges"
> wrote:

>Neil Gendzwill wrote:
>> Keith Hobman wrote:
>>>
>>> Plus Elzi is still correct - it's relative. Shania has 0 records
>>> sold to Elzi.
>>
>> And 0 to me. I don't care for her voice much, but the songs are
>> worse. Pseudo-country pop pap that always includes some sort of
>> obnoxious trick hook. Bleh. But then I don't care for the
>> Nashville sound in general.
>>
>> Going to see k.d. lang next week, now there's a singer! Her early
>> stuff was real country too although lately she's branched into
>> different stuff. Added Lyle bonus - she's a lesbian.
>>
>> Neil
>
>It's her pop flavor on country that I like. I don't like straight country.
>Toby Keith is as far into the country woods that I go. Any farther in and
>Deliverance happens.

Try real straight country. Either Stanley Brothers or the Carter
Family for old stuff, Iris DeMent or Gillian Welch for current real
stuff. Knock your socks off and curl your toes.

elzinator
October 1st 04, 12:06 AM

I don't give a ****, either.

Beelzibub

"Modern man must rediscover a deeper source of his own spiritual life. To do this,he is obligated
to struggle with evil, to confront his own shadow, to integrate the devil."
- Carl Jung

elzinator
October 1st 04, 12:07 AM
On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:07:47 -0600, Keith Hobman wrote:
>In article >, "Richard Smith"
> wrote:

>> > Album sales of over 50 million point to the fact that it doesn't matter
>> that
>> > it matters to some of you.

>> Poor taste sells- just look at television or listen to rap "music".
>
>Plus Elzi is still correct - it's relative. Shania has 0 records sold to Elzi.

I should also admit that I used to turn the volume way down when the
local country music station played her songs so I didn't have to
listen to it.

Beelzibub

"Modern man must rediscover a deeper source of his own spiritual life. To do this,he is obligated
to struggle with evil, to confront his own shadow, to integrate the devil."
- Carl Jung

elzinator
October 1st 04, 12:08 AM
On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:28:12 -0600, Neil Gendzwill wrote:
>Keith Hobman wrote:
>>
>> Plus Elzi is still correct - it's relative. Shania has 0 records sold to Elzi.
>
>And 0 to me. I don't care for her voice much, but the songs are worse.
> Pseudo-country pop pap that always includes some sort of obnoxious
>trick hook. Bleh. But then I don't care for the Nashville sound in
>general.
>
>Going to see k.d. lang next week, now there's a singer! Her early stuff
>was real country too although lately she's branched into different
>stuff. Added Lyle bonus - she's a lesbian.

She is good. Her lyrics are good and she can belt out a song in a good
voice.

Beelzibub

"Modern man must rediscover a deeper source of his own spiritual life. To do this,he is obligated
to struggle with evil, to confront his own shadow, to integrate the devil."
- Carl Jung

elzinator
October 1st 04, 12:09 AM
On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 08:42:20 -0700, Larry Hodges wrote:
>Neil Gendzwill wrote:
>> Keith Hobman wrote:
>>>
>>> Plus Elzi is still correct - it's relative. Shania has 0 records
>>> sold to Elzi.
>>
>> And 0 to me. I don't care for her voice much, but the songs are
>> worse. Pseudo-country pop pap that always includes some sort of
>> obnoxious trick hook. Bleh. But then I don't care for the
>> Nashville sound in general.
>>
>> Going to see k.d. lang next week, now there's a singer! Her early
>> stuff was real country too although lately she's branched into
>> different stuff. Added Lyle bonus - she's a lesbian.
>>
>> Neil
>
>It's her pop flavor on country that I like. I don't like straight country.
>Toby Keith is as far into the country woods that I go. Any farther in and
>Deliverance happens.

I bet you love that thar banjo music.....

;)

Beelzibub

"Modern man must rediscover a deeper source of his own spiritual life. To do this,he is obligated
to struggle with evil, to confront his own shadow, to integrate the devil."
- Carl Jung

elzinator
October 1st 04, 12:11 AM
On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:55:19 -0600, Neil Gendzwill wrote:
>Larry Hodges wrote:
>
>> It's her pop flavor on country that I like. I don't like straight country.
>
>You'd be the target audience, then. I'm not much of a fan of pop or pop
>country. If I want to hear some rock music, I want some rock, not
>disguised with a twang and a hokey tag line. My tastes in country run
>more towards older style or more modern "roots" music. I like Alison
>Krauss, Lucinda Williams, Patsy Cline, Lyle Lovett, those sorts of people.

Patsy Cline is classic. I like few women singers, but she's classic as
can be.

I do like Terri Clark. She has spunk and a good voice.

Beelzibub

"Modern man must rediscover a deeper source of his own spiritual life. To do this,he is obligated
to struggle with evil, to confront his own shadow, to integrate the devil."
- Carl Jung

elzinator
October 1st 04, 12:21 AM
On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:38:24 -0400, Dally wrote:
>Lee Michaels wrote:
>
>> "Dally" > wrote
>>
>>>I really appreciate it when you do this. I email myself your ideas and
>>>listen to them later. As you've noted, I live in a pretty narrow world.
>>> Hearing outside voices is a good idea.
>>>
>>>Dally, as opposed to the ones inside my own head, you know
>>>
>> E-mail yourself, eh??
>
>Just separating the wheat from the chaff. (Ever try to find a post
>again in Google when all you recall is that Elzi wrote it about some
>music group?)
>
>> Is that kinda like cyber sex?
>
>You must have REALLY bad cyber sex. (Did you write this?)
>http://members.cox.net/daguilar1/funny.shtml

Holy ****, that was just too funny! I especially liked this:

"bloodninja: Nostrils flaring, I lower my head. My horn, like some
phallic symbol of my potent virility, is the last thing you see as
skulls collide and mine remains the victor. You are now a bloody red
ragdoll suspended in the air on my mighty horn.
bloodninja: Goddam am I hard now. "

Beelzibub

"Modern man must rediscover a deeper source of his own spiritual life. To do this,he is obligated
to struggle with evil, to confront his own shadow, to integrate the devil."
- Carl Jung

elzinator
October 1st 04, 12:22 AM
On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:55:40 -0500, Richard Smith wrote:

>"elzinator" > wrote in message

>> >Dude! Err....dudette, she's a great singer! I loved her singing before
>> >ever saw her. Once I saw her, I was in love.
>>
>> She might be sexy, but she still can't sing. She can't seem to
>> articulate her words when she sings; cant understand what she's
>> singing.
>>
>> >The other half of my fantasy sandwich is Faith Hill. Very yumtastic.
>>
>> Faith Hill is better, in my opinion.
>> Of course, I'd much rather prefer her hubby, Tim McGraw. I'd like to
>> come home to him any day. Yowsah.....
>>

>> Beelzibub
>>
>> The human in us owes fealty to humanity. But the wolf in us acknowledges
>no master.
>
>But for a really good whiny voice with no diaphragm nobody beats Sheryl
>Crow.

She sucks, too. Lance has bad taste.

He should have picked me :)

Beelzibub

"Modern man must rediscover a deeper source of his own spiritual life. To do this,he is obligated
to struggle with evil, to confront his own shadow, to integrate the devil."
- Carl Jung

Lyle McDonald
October 1st 04, 12:25 AM
elzinator wrote:

> She sucks, too. Lance has bad taste.
>
> He should have picked me :)

You'd break that scrawny little boy.

BTW, rent Dodgeball, he has a great cameo.

Lyle

John Hanson
October 1st 04, 12:37 AM
On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 18:50:25 GMT, Tiger Hillside
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 08:42:20 -0700, "Larry Hodges"
> wrote:
>
>>Neil Gendzwill wrote:

>>> And 0 to me. I don't care for her voice much, but the songs are
>>> worse. Pseudo-country pop pap that always includes some sort of
>>> obnoxious trick hook. Bleh. But then I don't care for the
>>> Nashville sound in general.
>>>
>>> Going to see k.d. lang next week, now there's a singer! Her early
>>> stuff was real country too although lately she's branched into
>>> different stuff. Added Lyle bonus - she's a lesbian.
>>>
>>> Neil
>>
>>It's her pop flavor on country that I like. I don't like straight country.
>>Toby Keith is as far into the country woods that I go. Any farther in and
>>Deliverance happens.
>
>Try real straight country. Either Stanley Brothers or the Carter
>Family for old stuff, Iris DeMent or Gillian Welch for current real
>stuff. Knock your socks off and curl your toes.

Marty Robbins.

elzinator
October 1st 04, 12:50 AM
On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 17:25:40 -0600, Lyle McDonald wrote:
>elzinator wrote:
>
>> She sucks, too. Lance has bad taste.
>>
>> He should have picked me :)
>
>You'd break that scrawny little boy.

Medee. Perhaps The Rock would be better.

>BTW, rent Dodgeball, he has a great cameo.

Cool. After I see Shawn of the Dead this weekend.

Beelzibub

"Modern man must rediscover a deeper source of his own spiritual life. To do this,he is obligated
to struggle with evil, to confront his own shadow, to integrate the devil."
- Carl Jung

The Queen of Cans and Jars
October 1st 04, 01:30 AM
elzinator > wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:55:40 -0500, Richard Smith wrote:

> >> She might be sexy, but she still can't sing. She can't seem to
> >> articulate her words when she sings; cant understand what she's
> >> singing.

> >> Faith Hill is better, in my opinion.
> >> Of course, I'd much rather prefer her hubby, Tim McGraw. I'd like to
> >> come home to him any day. Yowsah.....
> >>

> >> Beelzibub
> >>
> >> The human in us owes fealty to humanity. But the wolf in us acknowledges
> >no master.
> >
> >But for a really good whiny voice with no diaphragm nobody beats Sheryl
> >Crow.
>
> She sucks, too.

she's also not a very nice person.

http://tinyurl.com/3b4rq

> Lance has bad taste.

i concur.

Pete
October 1st 04, 02:28 AM
Keith Hobman wrote:
> In article >, "Richard Smith"
> > wrote:

>>> Album sales of over 50 million point to the fact that it doesn't
>>> matter that it matters to some of you.
>>
>> Poor taste sells- just look at television or listen to rap "music".
>
> Plus Elzi is still correct - it's relative. Shania has 0 records sold
> to Elzi.

It's not relative. It's a matter of taste. Shania has sold 0 records to me.
Yet she is still wildly successful. Obviously there are a lot of people who
think she CAN sing.

---

Jim Ranieri
October 1st 04, 02:48 AM
"Anna Martelli Ravenscroft" > wrote in message
> Neil Gendzwill wrote:
> > Anna Martelli Ravenscroft wrote:
> >
> >> I take it you're not much of a Steve Earle fan either then, or
> >> Richard Thompson...
> >

> > Where'd you get that from my post? I like both those guys, although I
> > don't own a Steve Earle record. I do have one of Thompson's that I
> > quite like.
> >
> > Neil
> >
> That was my translation of: """If I want to hear some rock music, I want
> some rock, not disguised with a twang""", and your comments about the
> combo of rock and country.
>
> I consider both of them some variant of "country rock"... so I wouldn't
> have thought you'd like them. I think they're both really good, even
> though I hate standard "country" music... Rockabilly and what I call
> "country rock" is good music though...

Every genre has it's true artists and every genre has it's pre-packaged
crap-meisters. I wouldn't really put Richard Thompson in the country bin,
but damn, he's a gifted guitarist and songwriter. Most of what I hear in
heavy rotation on the radio is crapola. live365.com is a great way to hear
stuff you normally don't.

MJL
October 1st 04, 03:54 AM
On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 17:25:40 -0600, Lyle McDonald
> wrote:

>elzinator wrote:
>
>> She sucks, too. Lance has bad taste.
>>
>> He should have picked me :)
>
>You'd break that scrawny little boy.
>
>BTW, rent Dodgeball, he has a great cameo.
>
>Lyle

Or download it and burn to a DVD.

--
http://www.texansfortruth.org/

Tiger Hillside
October 1st 04, 11:58 AM
On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 18:37:57 -0500, John Hanson
> wrote:

>On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 18:50:25 GMT, Tiger Hillside
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>
>>On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 08:42:20 -0700, "Larry Hodges"
> wrote:

>>>It's her pop flavor on country that I like. I don't like straight country.
>>>Toby Keith is as far into the country woods that I go. Any farther in and
>>>Deliverance happens.
>>
>>Try real straight country. Either Stanley Brothers or the Carter
>>Family for old stuff, Iris DeMent or Gillian Welch for current real
>>stuff. Knock your socks off and curl your toes.
>>
>Marty Robbins.

Not a Robbins fan. Now Hank Williams, of course, or Townes Van Zant.

Neil Gendzwill
October 1st 04, 03:59 PM
Jim Ranieri wrote:

> live365.com is a great way to hear stuff you normally don't.

What you want is XM Satellite Radio. That's a music-lover's wet dream.
100 channels, with deep playlists in many of them.

Neil

Rutabaga22
October 5th 04, 06:42 AM
>I wouldn't really put Richard Thompson in the country bin,

Maybe if the country is England.

Has it escaped all of you that Canada gave us Neil Young and Joni Mitchell?
All is forgiven.

Larry Hodges
October 5th 04, 07:04 AM
Rutabaga22 wrote:
>> I wouldn't really put Richard Thompson in the country bin,
>
> Maybe if the country is England.
>
> Has it escaped all of you that Canada gave us Neil Young and Joni
> Mitchell? All is forgiven.

Neil Young? What a poser. I'd rather listen to Sonny and Cher's worst
songs ever.
--
-Larry

Larry Hodges
October 5th 04, 07:19 AM
John Hanson wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 23:04:08 -0700, "Larry Hodges"
> > wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>>> Maybe if the country is England.
>>>
>>> Has it escaped all of you that Canada gave us Neil Young and Joni
>>> Mitchell? All is forgiven.
>>
>> Neil Young? What a poser. I'd rather listen to Sonny and Cher's
>> worst songs ever.
>
> I'd like to use a kinder, gentler machine gun hand on him.

Me too. Get in line. And you're behind me. No, you don't need your key.

Go to bed. Aren't you tired yet?

I worked out until 10pm, which I never do. Now, I can't sleep either. It's
going to suck tomorrow.
--
-Larry

John Hanson
October 5th 04, 07:19 AM
On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 23:04:08 -0700, "Larry Hodges"
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>Rutabaga22 wrote:
>>> I wouldn't really put Richard Thompson in the country bin,
>>
>> Maybe if the country is England.
>>
>> Has it escaped all of you that Canada gave us Neil Young and Joni
>> Mitchell? All is forgiven.
>
>Neil Young? What a poser. I'd rather listen to Sonny and Cher's worst
>songs ever.

I'd like to use a kinder, gentler machine gun hand on him.

Keith Hobman
October 6th 04, 11:06 PM
In article >,
(Rutabaga22) wrote:

> >Neil Young? What a poser. I'd rather listen to Sonny and Cher's worst
> >songs ever.
> >--
> >-Larry
>
> Funny, my name is also Larry. That's probably all we have in common.
>
> Neil Young has recorded some worthless music but it doesn't take away from his
> great music. Music doesn't work that way.
>
> Gordon Lightfoot?

Classic. Lightfoot has done excellent stuff.

Also Jann Arden, in the folk/blue/rock type of genre. I always laugh out
loud when we keep Arden and give the Yanks Dion.

Bwahhhahahhhahahhhhaaaa...

Whew. Sheesh.

Larry Hodges
October 6th 04, 11:28 PM
Rutabaga22 wrote:
>> Neil Young? What a poser. I'd rather listen to Sonny and Cher's
>> worst songs ever.
>> --
>> -Larry
>
> Funny, my name is also Larry. That's probably all we have in common.
>
> Neil Young has recorded some worthless music but it doesn't take away
> from his great music. Music doesn't work that way.
>
> Gordon Lightfoot?

Lightfoot is groovy. And I like Crosby, Stills and Nash. It's just Young
sang like a whiney bitch. Reminds my of Lyle.

Old Cat Stevens is good too. In fact, I had an LP of his on the turntable
(yes, a real turntable) Friday night. That's the night before the "happy
morning". I'd like to think Cat helped with the evening.
--
-Larry

Proton Soup
October 7th 04, 12:58 AM
On 06 Oct 2004 21:55:42 GMT, (Rutabaga22) wrote:

>>Neil Young? What a poser. I'd rather listen to Sonny and Cher's worst
>>songs ever.
>>--
>>-Larry
>
>Funny, my name is also Larry. That's probably all we have in common.
>
>Neil Young has recorded some worthless music but it doesn't take away from his
>great music. Music doesn't work that way.

"Oh to live on Sugar Mountain,
with the barkers and the colored balloons."

I just can't get enough!

-----------
Proton Soup

"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum."

Lucas Buck
October 8th 04, 11:01 AM
On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 06:32:11 -0500, "Jim Ranieri" >
wrote:

>> My ultimate favorite is Riders in the Sky and Asleep at the Wheel. Saw
>> them both in concert and twas good time fun.
>>
>> BTW, ever hear the Austin Lounge Lizards? I took one of their CDs to
>> work when I was in Ohio and they were an immediate hit. One day I
>> heard ALL playing in 3 labs in the building.
>>
>> http://www.austinlizards.com/
>>
>> Samples:
>> http://www.austinlizards.com/music.html
>> Listen to "Strange Noises in the Dark"
>>
>> They are a gas to see live. They will be in Fort Worth and Austin next
>> month; I plan to be at one or the other.
>

>That's pretty good. Some good titles, too:
>
>Jesus Loves Me But He Can't Stand You
>Life Is Hard, But Life Is Harder When You're Dumb
>Love In A Refrigerator Box
>
>I'll have to keep my eyes open to see if they ever make it up to the Chicago
>area.

They do a great bluegrass (!) cover of Pink Floyd's "Brain Damage."

Likewise, Ray Stevens did a great bluegrass cover of "Misty".

Lucas Buck
October 8th 04, 11:03 AM
On 05 Oct 2004 05:42:55 GMT, (Rutabaga22) wrote:

>>I wouldn't really put Richard Thompson in the country bin,
>
>Maybe if the country is England.
>
>Has it escaped all of you that Canada gave us Neil Young and Joni Mitchell?

No, that's (part of) why the place needs a beating.

Lucas Buck
October 8th 04, 11:05 AM
wrote:

>Dear Canadians:
>
>Thank you for sending us the Montreal Expos. In return, we'd like to offer
>Celine Dion back. You can pick her up here in Las Vegas anytime this week.
>Thanks.
>
>David

Shatner's "The Transformed Man" negates any and all subsequent positive
contributions from Canajun culture.

Keith Hobman
October 8th 04, 08:02 PM
In article <[email protected]>, Lucas Buck
> wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 22:49:40 GMT, "David Cohen" >
> wrote:
>
> >Dear Canadians:
> >
> >Thank you for sending us the Montreal Expos. In return, we'd like to offer
> >Celine Dion back. You can pick her up here in Las Vegas anytime this week.
> >Thanks.
> >
> >David
>
> Shatner's "The Transformed Man" negates any and all subsequent positive
> contributions from Canajun culture.

Not even too mention his cover of 'Lucy In The Sky'.

The man needed a killin'.

tacitrati
October 8th 04, 08:31 PM
Keith Hobman > wrote in message
> In article <[email protected]>, Lucas Buck
> > wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 22:49:40 GMT, "David Cohen"
>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >Dear Canadians:
> > >
> > >Thank you for sending us the Montreal Expos. In return, we'd like to
offer
> > >Celine Dion back. You can pick her up here in Las Vegas anytime this
week.
> > >Thanks.
> > >
> > >David
> >
> > Shatner's "The Transformed Man" negates any and all subsequent positive
> > contributions from Canajun culture.
>
> Not even too mention his cover of 'Lucy In The Sky'.

to set the record straight, his cover of LSD is ON the record the
transformed man.

for samples, just go to

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000014WS/103-1315845-8351002
?v=glance

Mr Tambourine Man!!!!! Mr Tambourine Man!!!

whit