PDA

View Full Version : Re: General Eisenhower endorses Kerry for President

Brandon Berg
October 1st 04, 05:20 PM
"Florida Patriot" > wrote in message
om...
> WHY I WILL VOTE FOR JOHN KERRY OF PRESIDENT
> by General John Eisenhower (Republican son of President Eisenhower)
> http://www.theunionleader.com/articles_showa.html?article=44657

404.

> The fact is that today's "Republican" Party is one with which I am
> totally unfamiliar. To me, the word "Republican" has always been
> synonymous with the word "responsibility," which has meant limiting
> our governmental obligations to those we can afford in human and
> financial terms. Today's whopping budget deficit of some $440 billion
> does not meet that criterion.

This is my major complaint with the Bush administration, too. But I wish
he'd elaborate on how this translates to a Kerry endorsement. Hasn't he
promised substantial increases in governmental obligations?

--
Brandon Berg
Fix the obvious homonym substitution to reply.