PDA

View Full Version : Didn't quite finish HST 15 Max Rep Today

fj
October 1st 04, 09:20 PM
Today is the last day of the first 2 weeks of my HST program. I am supposed
to use 15 Max Reps weight.

I finished squat 11 reps, pullups 12 reps, shoulder press 12 reps. I cheated
on Bicep Curl and Tricep Pulldown, StiffLeg DeadLift didn't go down
enough...

Trust me I tried my best. Now I feel frustrated. I don't know what happened.
Maybe I didn't sleep well last night, ate too much this morning? And,
should I try the same routine/same weight again next Monday or should I move
forward to 10 reps?

BTW, by eating protein shake and snacks, I added 3 lb per week in the HST
program. I was 162 lb two weeks before and now I am 168 lb. Seems like quite
a lot weight goes to my waist and belly. Am I eating too much?

It's really a bad day for me.

-fj

Jay
October 1st 04, 10:24 PM
"fj" > wrote in message
> Today is the last day of the first 2 weeks of my HST program. I am
> supposed
> to use 15 Max Reps weight.
>
> I finished squat 11 reps, pullups 12 reps, shoulder press 12 reps. I
> cheated
> on Bicep Curl and Tricep Pulldown, StiffLeg DeadLift didn't go down
> enough...
>
> Trust me I tried my best. Now I feel frustrated. I don't know what
> happened.
> Maybe I didn't sleep well last night, ate too much this morning? And,
> should I try the same routine/same weight again next Monday or should I
> move
> forward to 10 reps?
>
> BTW, by eating protein shake and snacks, I added 3 lb per week in the HST
> program. I was 162 lb two weeks before and now I am 168 lb. Seems like
> quite
> a lot weight goes to my waist and belly. Am I eating too much?
>
> It's really a bad day for me.
>
> -fj
Don't worry about it too much. You increased the load I presume?
You're doing fine. Increase the load and move on. Sleep well over the
weekend and get after it again on Monday. With load increases, magic
happens.

gman99
October 1st 04, 10:29 PM
"fj" > wrote:
> Today is the last day of the first 2 weeks of my HST program. I am
> supposed to use 15 Max Reps weight.
>
> I finished squat 11 reps, pullups 12 reps, shoulder press 12 reps. I
> cheated on Bicep Curl and Tricep Pulldown, StiffLeg DeadLift didn't go
> down enough...
>
> Trust me I tried my best. Now I feel frustrated. I don't know what
> happened. Maybe I didn't sleep well last night, ate too much this
> morning? And, should I try the same routine/same weight again next
> Monday or should I move forward to 10 reps?

Is this your first HST cycle ? Misjudge you max limits ?? Having an off
day...

Don't think it would make much of a difference, I'd move onto the next
cycle...

fj
October 1st 04, 10:33 PM
"Jay" > wrote in message

> "fj" > wrote in message
> > Today is the last day of the first 2 weeks of my HST program. I am
> > supposed
> > to use 15 Max Reps weight.
> >
> > I finished squat 11 reps, pullups 12 reps, shoulder press 12 reps. I
> > cheated
> > on Bicep Curl and Tricep Pulldown, StiffLeg DeadLift didn't go down
> > enough...
> >
> > Trust me I tried my best. Now I feel frustrated. I don't know what
> > happened.
> > Maybe I didn't sleep well last night, ate too much this morning? And,
> > should I try the same routine/same weight again next Monday or should I
> > move
> > forward to 10 reps?
> >
> > BTW, by eating protein shake and snacks, I added 3 lb per week in the
HST
> > program. I was 162 lb two weeks before and now I am 168 lb. Seems like
> > quite
> > a lot weight goes to my waist and belly. Am I eating too much?
> >
> > It's really a bad day for me.
> >
> > -fj
> Don't worry about it too much. You increased the load I presume?
> You're doing fine. Increase the load and move on. Sleep well over the
> weekend and get after it again on Monday. With load increases, magic
> happens.

Yes, I increase everytime. But next Monday I am supposed to start 10 reps
session. According to the calculation, the weights I will be using are lower
than the weights I used for 15 Max Reps. I really want to retry the same
weight that I didn't finish this morning.

-fj

Hugh Beyer
October 2nd 04, 04:07 AM
"fj" > wrote in :

> "Jay" > wrote in message
>>
>> "fj" > wrote in message
>> > Today is the last day of the first 2 weeks of my HST program. I am
>> > supposed
>> > to use 15 Max Reps weight.
>> >
>> > I finished squat 11 reps, pullups 12 reps, shoulder press 12 reps. I
>> > cheated
>> > on Bicep Curl and Tricep Pulldown, StiffLeg DeadLift didn't go down
>> > enough...
>> >
>> > Trust me I tried my best. Now I feel frustrated. I don't know what
>> > happened.
>> > Maybe I didn't sleep well last night, ate too much this morning?
>> > And, should I try the same routine/same weight again next Monday or
>> > should I move
>> > forward to 10 reps?
>> >
>> > BTW, by eating protein shake and snacks, I added 3 lb per week in the
> HST
>> > program. I was 162 lb two weeks before and now I am 168 lb. Seems
>> > like quite
>> > a lot weight goes to my waist and belly. Am I eating too much?
>> >
>> > It's really a bad day for me.
>> >
>> > -fj
>> Don't worry about it too much. You increased the load I presume?
>> You're doing fine. Increase the load and move on. Sleep well over the
>> weekend and get after it again on Monday. With load increases, magic
>> happens.
>>

> Yes, I increase everytime. But next Monday I am supposed to start 10
> reps session. According to the calculation, the weights I will be using
> are lower than the weights I used for 15 Max Reps. I really want to
> retry the same weight that I didn't finish this morning.

No. You misjudged your limits is all. You had your max day--go on to the
10's.

Hugh

--
One puppy had its dewclaws removed in the creation of this post, but for
reasons of hygene and it really doesn't hurt them at all.