PDA

View Full Version : Silly Alert!! New FBI Homeland Security Measure

Lee Michaels
October 2nd 04, 01:00 AM
I saw this today.
It is totally silly and juvenile.
But for some reason, I laughed my ass off.

A Homeland Security directive has been issued
by the FBI. Internet surfing will be
tracked by what the FBI calls a "non intrusive method."
The FBI says you will not notice anything different.

For a demonstration, click on the link below...

http://users.chartertn.net/tonytemplin/FBI_eyes/

Proton Soup
October 2nd 04, 01:30 AM
On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 00:00:13 GMT, "Lee Michaels"
> wrote:

>I saw this today.
>It is totally silly and juvenile.
>But for some reason, I laughed my ass off.

>A Homeland Security directive has been issued
>by the FBI. Internet surfing will be
>tracked by what the FBI calls a "non intrusive method."
>The FBI says you will not notice anything different.
>
>For a demonstration, click on the link below...
>
> http://users.chartertn.net/tonytemplin/FBI_eyes/

Heh, it reminds me of Neko.

All it needs is a sleep state.

-----------
Proton Soup

"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum."

Jim
October 2nd 04, 01:38 AM
"Lee Michaels" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s52...
> I saw this today.
> It is totally silly and juvenile.
> But for some reason, I laughed my ass off.

> A Homeland Security directive has been issued
> by the FBI. Internet surfing will be
> tracked by what the FBI calls a "non intrusive method."
> The FBI says you will not notice anything different.
>
> For a demonstration, click on the link below...
>
> http://users.chartertn.net/tonytemplin/FBI_eyes/

For interactive silliness. This is better.

http://www.dancingbush.com/

Kevin J. Coolidge
October 2nd 04, 02:03 AM
"Jim" > wrote in message

> "Lee Michaels" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]_s52...
>> I saw this today.
>> It is totally silly and juvenile.
>> But for some reason, I laughed my ass off.

>> A Homeland Security directive has been issued
>> by the FBI. Internet surfing will be
>> tracked by what the FBI calls a "non intrusive method."
>> The FBI says you will not notice anything different.
>>
>> For a demonstration, click on the link below...
>>
>> http://users.chartertn.net/tonytemplin/FBI_eyes/
>>
> For interactive silliness. This is better.
>
> http://www.dancingbush.com/
>
>now that's silly

John M. Williams
October 2nd 04, 02:41 AM
"Kevin J. Coolidge" > wrote:
>"Jim" > wrote:
>> "Lee Michaels" > wrote:
>>> I saw this today.
>>> It is totally silly and juvenile.
>>> But for some reason, I laughed my ass off.
>>>
>>> *******************************************
>>>
>>> A Homeland Security directive has been issued
>>> by the FBI. Internet surfing will be
>>> tracked by what the FBI calls a "non intrusive method."
>>> The FBI says you will not notice anything different.
>>>
>>> For a demonstration, click on the link below...
>>>
>>> http://users.chartertn.net/tonytemplin/FBI_eyes/
>>>
>> For interactive silliness. This is better.
>>
>> http://www.dancingbush.com/
>>
>>now that's silly

Several years old, too.

Kathy Marie
October 2nd 04, 04:57 AM
> "Proton Soup" wrote in message
> > On Sat, 02 Oct 2004, Lee Michaels wrote:
> >I saw this today.
> >It is totally silly and juvenile.
> >But for some reason, I laughed my ass off.
> >*******************************************
> >A Homeland Security directive has been issued
> >by the FBI. Internet surfing will be
> >tracked by what the FBI calls a "non intrusive method."
> >The FBI says you will not notice anything different.
> >For a demonstration, click on the link below...
<snip>
> Heh, it reminds me of Neko.
> All it needs is a sleep state.

Hey, no fair!! ;-)

At least Neko gives you the choice of a bird, fish or mouse...

Kathy Marie
in Wisconsin....

Proton Soup
October 2nd 04, 05:38 AM
On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 22:57:10 -0500, "Kathy Marie" >
wrote:

>> "Proton Soup" wrote in message
>> > On Sat, 02 Oct 2004, Lee Michaels wrote:
>> >I saw this today.
>> >It is totally silly and juvenile.
>> >But for some reason, I laughed my ass off.
>> >*******************************************
>> >A Homeland Security directive has been issued
>> >by the FBI. Internet surfing will be
>> >tracked by what the FBI calls a "non intrusive method."
>> >The FBI says you will not notice anything different.
>> >For a demonstration, click on the link below...
><snip>
>> Heh, it reminds me of Neko.
>> All it needs is a sleep state.
>
>Hey, no fair!! ;-)
>
>At least Neko gives you the choice of a bird, fish or mouse...

It does now? I haven't seen it since about '95. It had only one
critter that I remember, a kitten. "Neko" means cat in Japanese.

-----------
Proton Soup

"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum."

Kathy Marie
October 2nd 04, 06:14 AM
> "Proton Soup wrote in message
> >On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 22:57:10 -0500, "Kathy Marie" wrote:
> >> "Proton Soup" wrote in message
> ><snip>
> >> Heh, it reminds me of Neko.
> >> All it needs is a sleep state.
> >Hey, no fair!! ;-)
> >At least Neko gives you the choice of a bird, fish or mouse...
> It does now? I haven't seen it since about '95. It had only one
> critter that I remember, a kitten. "Neko" means cat in Japanese.

Well, the kitten is the err... "Active Agent." ;-)

The choice is in the Prey category; & those are bird, fish or mouse...

Kathy Marie
in Wisconsin, where the local cheese is BETTER than imported Vermont
cheese...
(Dang... I still need to download OE QuoteFix)

Proton Soup
October 2nd 04, 04:38 PM
On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 00:14:15 -0500, "Kathy Marie" >
wrote:

>> ><snip>
>> >Hey, no fair!! ;-)
>> >At least Neko gives you the choice of a bird, fish or mouse...
>> It does now? I haven't seen it since about '95. It had only one
>> critter that I remember, a kitten. "Neko" means cat in Japanese.
>
>Well, the kitten is the err... "Active Agent." ;-)
>
>The choice is in the Prey category; & those are bird, fish or mouse...

OIC, used to be that the kitten just chased the pointer, no choice of
prey.