PDA

View Full Version : Re: Pol: Bush exposes flaw in Kerry's debate stance

Lyle McDonald
October 2nd 04, 07:58 PM
John Hanson wrote:

> On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 14:45:13 -0400, Patriot >
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>

>>WHAT KERRY SAID:
>>
>>Kerry said in the debate that pre-emptive strikes require a "global
>>test where your countrymen, your people understand fully why you're
>>doing what you're doing, and you can prove to the world that you did
>>it for legitimate reasons."
>>

> He's talking out of both sides of his mouth.

Still better than Bush who only speaks gibberish out of his ass.

interesting note: outside of politics, changing your mind in the face of
new information is considered the signs of intelligence.

In politics, it's called flip flopping and your opponents (who would
apparently rather you stick to your guns even if the information
available has changed) will criticize you for it.

Discuss.

Lyle

John M. Williams
October 2nd 04, 08:12 PM
Lyle McDonald > wrote:

>John Hanson wrote:
>
>> Patriot > wrote:
>>
>>>WHAT KERRY SAID:
>>>
>>>Kerry said in the debate that pre-emptive strikes require a "global
>>>test where your countrymen, your people understand fully why you're
>>>doing what you're doing, and you can prove to the world that you did
>>>it for legitimate reasons."
>>>

>> He's talking out of both sides of his mouth.
>
>Still better than Bush who only speaks gibberish out of his ass.
>
>interesting note: outside of politics, changing your mind in the face of
>new information is considered the signs of intelligence.

And yet, this holds true even in other endeavors. For instance, some
will hold fast to their stochastic pontifications on physiological
matters like, say, muscle protein accretion, when others have posted
the results of newer scientific studies which indicate differently.
Odd, that.

>In politics, it's called flip flopping and your opponents (who would
>apparently rather you stick to your guns even if the information
>available has changed) will criticize you for it.
>
>Discuss.

Indeed.

Proton Soup
October 2nd 04, 09:18 PM
On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 12:58:01 -0600, Lyle McDonald
> wrote:

>John Hanson wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 14:45:13 -0400, Patriot >
>> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>>

>>>WHAT KERRY SAID:
>>>
>>>Kerry said in the debate that pre-emptive strikes require a "global
>>>test where your countrymen, your people understand fully why you're
>>>doing what you're doing, and you can prove to the world that you did
>>>it for legitimate reasons."
>>>

>> He's talking out of both sides of his mouth.
>
>Still better than Bush who only speaks gibberish out of his ass.
>
>interesting note: outside of politics, changing your mind in the face of
>new information is considered the signs of intelligence.
>
>In politics, it's called flip flopping and your opponents (who would
>apparently rather you stick to your guns even if the information
>available has changed) will criticize you for it.
>
>Discuss.

You know damn well it's all about being the Alpha Monkey. Even if you
do change your mind based on new info, you don't show your hand. The
only thing that matters is that all your betas and gammas know you are
the Leader Bitch.

-----------
Proton Soup

"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum."

pyridox
October 2nd 04, 10:41 PM
John M. Williams > wrote in message
> Lyle McDonald > wrote:
>
> >John Hanson wrote:

> >> He's talking out of both sides of his mouth.
> >
> >Still better than Bush who only speaks gibberish out of his ass.
> >
> >interesting note: outside of politics, changing your mind in the face of
> >new information is considered the signs of intelligence.
>
> And yet, this holds true even in other endeavors. For instance, some
> will hold fast to their stochastic pontifications on physiological
> matters like, say, muscle protein accretion, when others have posted
> the results of newer scientific studies which indicate differently.
> Odd, that.
>
> >In politics, it's called flip flopping and your opponents (who would
> >apparently rather you stick to your guns even if the information
> >available has changed) will criticize you for it.
> >
> >Discuss.

except kerry's problem is not flip flopping

it's double speak. iow, his problem isn't successive moves towards
different POV. it is simultaneous holding of multiple POV's

whit

> Indeed.

Al Dykes
October 2nd 04, 11:13 PM
In article >,
John Hanson > wrote:
>On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 14:45:13 -0400, Patriot >
>wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>
>>WHAT KERRY SAID:
>>
>>Kerry said in the debate that pre-emptive strikes require a "global
>>test where your countrymen, your people understand fully why you're
>>doing what you're doing, and you can prove to the world that you did
>>it for legitimate reasons."
>>
>He's talking out of both sides of his mouth.

How is he ?

Kerry made a fine strong statement about defending us.
--
Al Dykes
-----------

DRS
October 3rd 04, 03:32 PM
"John Hanson" > wrote in message

> On 2 Oct 2004 18:13:52 -0400, (Al Dykes) wrote in
> misc.fitness.weights:

[...]

>> Kerry made a fine strong statement about defending us.
>
> Jesus Christ. Are you people that ****ing stupid? How many times do
> I have to point out that he is taking two sides of one position?

You haven't done anything of the sort. You've asserted it numerous times
but you've never proved it. The irony is every time you post the transcript
of what Kerry actually said you prove yourself wrong.

--

"Self-delusion as a coping tool has always been a fairly useful strategy for
me."

Adam Fahy
October 4th 04, 01:15 AM
MJL wrote:

> Even assuming you are attributing correctly I still see nothing
> inconsistent.
>
> 1) approve of a removed saddam hussein
> 2) disapprove of how it was done
>
> It really isn't very complicated and I know you feel silly for being
> caught up in such an obnoxious neo lie but let it go man. You are
> bailing water out of a ship that has already sunk.

At first Kerry said the timing wasn't to his preference, but that he
supported the action (use of force).

Now Kerry is saying it's the wrong war at the wrong place, wrong time,
wrong President, wrong moon phase, wrong tablecloth, wrong whatever.
Now it's all about lying and wars for oil and Halliburton and Tim Burton
and a big distraction and Bush is gonna have a draft and it's too
expensive but Kerry wants more troops and they're poorly equipped and
Democrats are the ones suggesting the draft, and it's all a big jumble
of incoherent rage.

-Adam

MJL
October 4th 04, 03:25 AM
On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 15:34:25 -0500, John Hanson
> wrote:

>>Even assuming you are attributing correctly I still see nothing
>>inconsistent.
>>
>>1) approve of a removed saddam hussein
>>2) disapprove of how it was done
>
>But he doesn't say that here:
>Kerry: George, I said at the time I would have preferred if we had
>given diplomacy a greater opportunity, but I think it was the right
>decision to disarm Saddam Hussein, and when the President made the
>decision, I supported him, and I support the fact that we did disarm
>him.
>>
>>It really isn't very complicated and I know you feel silly for being
>>caught up in such an obnoxious neo lie but let it go man. You are
>>bailing water out of a ship that has already sunk.
>
>But now he says we need a "global test" and that this is "the wrong
>war at the wrong time and the wrong place."

you'd fail the global test, i bet.

--
http://www.texansfortruth.org/

MJL
October 4th 04, 03:28 AM
On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 00:15:56 GMT, Adam Fahy >
wrote:

>MJL wrote:
>
>> Even assuming you are attributing correctly I still see nothing
>> inconsistent.
>>
>> 1) approve of a removed saddam hussein
>> 2) disapprove of how it was done
>>
>> It really isn't very complicated and I know you feel silly for being
>> caught up in such an obnoxious neo lie but let it go man. You are
>> bailing water out of a ship that has already sunk.
>
>At first Kerry said the timing wasn't to his preference, but that he
>supported the action (use of force).

Read 1 and 2, he has been remarkably consistent.

>Now Kerry is saying it's the wrong war at the wrong place, wrong time,
>wrong President, wrong moon phase, wrong tablecloth, wrong whatever.
>Now it's all about lying and wars for oil and Halliburton and Tim Burton
>and a big distraction and Bush is gonna have a draft and it's too
>expensive but Kerry wants more troops and they're poorly equipped and
>Democrats are the ones suggesting the draft, and it's all a big jumble
>of incoherent rage.

Democracy is a freekin mess, luckily. The greatest danger to freedom
in America is consistent one-party rule.

--
http://www.texansfortruth.org/

John Hanson
October 4th 04, 03:38 AM
On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 02:28:48 GMT, MJL > wrote in
misc.fitness.weights:

>On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 00:15:56 GMT, Adam Fahy >
>wrote:
>
>>MJL wrote:
>>
>>> Even assuming you are attributing correctly I still see nothing
>>> inconsistent.
>>>
>>> 1) approve of a removed saddam hussein
>>> 2) disapprove of how it was done
>>>
>>> It really isn't very complicated and I know you feel silly for being
>>> caught up in such an obnoxious neo lie but let it go man. You are
>>> bailing water out of a ship that has already sunk.
>>
>>At first Kerry said the timing wasn't to his preference, but that he
>>supported the action (use of force).
>>

>Read 1 and 2, he has been remarkably consistent.

At the time, he approved how it was done. He has now changed his
story. He is remarkably inconsistent.

>>Now Kerry is saying it's the wrong war at the wrong place, wrong time,
>>wrong President, wrong moon phase, wrong tablecloth, wrong whatever.
>>Now it's all about lying and wars for oil and Halliburton and Tim Burton
>>and a big distraction and Bush is gonna have a draft and it's too
>>expensive but Kerry wants more troops and they're poorly equipped and
>>Democrats are the ones suggesting the draft, and it's all a big jumble
>>of incoherent rage.
>
>Democracy is a freekin mess, luckily. The greatest danger to freedom
>in America is consistent one-party rule.

John Hanson
October 4th 04, 03:40 AM
On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 02:25:20 GMT, MJL > wrote in
misc.fitness.weights:

>On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 15:34:25 -0500, John Hanson
> wrote:
>

>>>Even assuming you are attributing correctly I still see nothing
>>>inconsistent.
>>>
>>>1) approve of a removed saddam hussein
>>>2) disapprove of how it was done
>>
>>But he doesn't say that here:
>>Kerry: George, I said at the time I would have preferred if we had
>>given diplomacy a greater opportunity, but I think it was the right
>>decision to disarm Saddam Hussein, and when the President made the
>>decision, I supported him, and I support the fact that we did disarm
>>him.
>>>
>>>It really isn't very complicated and I know you feel silly for being
>>>caught up in such an obnoxious neo lie but let it go man. You are
>>>bailing water out of a ship that has already sunk.
>>
>>But now he says we need a "global test" and that this is "the wrong
>>war at the wrong time and the wrong place."
>>

>you'd fail the global test, i bet.

To Kerry, it would depend on when the test was given. He'd probably
say I passed shortly after taking the test. He'd then fail me a year
later I'm sure.

John Hanson
October 4th 04, 02:06 PM
On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 07:34:56 GMT, "pyridox" >
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>John Hanson > wrote in message
>> On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 12:58:01 -0600, Lyle McDonald
>> > wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>> >Still better than Bush who only speaks gibberish out of his ass.
>> >
>> >interesting note: outside of politics, changing your mind in the face of
>> >new information is considered the signs of intelligence.
>> >

>except that is not primarily the problem with kerry
>
>it is not flip flopping.
>
>it's doublespeak

You are correct. He went from flip flopping to double speak. He had
to in order to fool the idiots out there that he's not a flip flopper.
He's now incorporated all of his divergent positions into one
illogical and impossible position.

DRS
October 4th 04, 04:07 PM
"John Hanson" > wrote in message

> On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 02:28:48 GMT, MJL > wrote in
> misc.fitness.weights:
>> On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 00:15:56 GMT, Adam Fahy >
>> wrote:

>>> At first Kerry said the timing wasn't to his preference, but that he
>>> supported the action (use of force).
>>
>> Read 1 and 2, he has been remarkably consistent.
>
> At the time, he approved how it was done. He has now changed his
> story. He is remarkably inconsistent.

"What" is not "how".

HTH

--

"Self-delusion as a coping tool has always been a fairly useful strategy for
me."
Dally

Adam Fahy
October 4th 04, 04:54 PM
MJL wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 00:15:56 GMT, Adam Fahy >
> wrote:

>>At first Kerry said the timing wasn't to his preference, but that he
>>supported the action (use of force).

> Read 1 and 2, he has been remarkably consistent.

Oh please. Kerry has a defensible position, but it's not "remarkably
consistent." Bush is remarkably consistent. It's a detriment. Kerry's
position is consistent in the fact that it's pandering, opportunistic
and somewhat defensible.

-Adam

John Hanson
October 5th 04, 02:51 AM
On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 01:07:37 +1000, "DRS" >
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>"John Hanson" > wrote in message

>> On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 02:28:48 GMT, MJL > wrote in
>> misc.fitness.weights:

>>> Read 1 and 2, he has been remarkably consistent.
>>
>> At the time, he approved how it was done. He has now changed his
>> story. He is remarkably inconsistent.
>
>"What" is not "how".
>
>HTH

Kerry: George, I said at the time I would have preferred if we had
given diplomacy a greater opportunity, but I think it was the right
decision to disarm Saddam Hussein, and when the President made the
decision, I supported him, and I support the fact that we did disarm
him.

MJL
October 5th 04, 04:40 AM
On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 20:51:39 -0500, John Hanson

You're such a ****ing moron.

--
http://www.texansfortruth.org/

John Hanson
October 5th 04, 04:55 AM
On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 03:40:38 GMT, MJL > wrote in
misc.fitness.weights:

>On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 20:51:39 -0500, John Hanson
> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 01:07:37 +1000, "DRS" >
>>wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>>>"What" is not "how".
>>>
>>>HTH
>>
>>Kerry: George, I said at the time I would have preferred if we had
>>given diplomacy a greater opportunity, but I think it was the right
>>decision to disarm Saddam Hussein, and when the President made the
>>decision, I supported him, and I support the fact that we did disarm
>>him.
>
>You're such a ****ing moron.

He supports the fact that we did disarm him. He supported the
President when he made that decision. That is both "what and "how".

DRS
October 5th 04, 11:11 AM
"John Hanson" > wrote in message

> On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 01:07:37 +1000, "DRS" >
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>> "John Hanson" > wrote in message

[...]

>>> At the time, he approved how it was done. He has now changed his
>>> story. He is remarkably inconsistent.
>>
>> "What" is not "how".
>>
>> HTH
>
> Kerry: George, I said at the time I would have preferred if we had
> given diplomacy a greater opportunity, but I think it was the right
> decision to disarm Saddam Hussein, and when the President made the
> decision, I supported him, and I support the fact that we did disarm
> him.

Yes, you keep posting that, even though it shoots your bull**** down in
flames.

You are seriously stupid.

--

A: Top-posters.

John Hanson
October 5th 04, 02:51 PM
On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 20:11:09 +1000, "DRS" >
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>"John Hanson" > wrote in message

>> On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 01:07:37 +1000, "DRS" >
>> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>>> "John Hanson" > wrote in message
>>>

>[...]
>>>
>>> "What" is not "how".
>>>
>>> HTH
>>
>> Kerry: George, I said at the time I would have preferred if we had
>> given diplomacy a greater opportunity, but I think it was the right
>> decision to disarm Saddam Hussein, and when the President made the
>> decision, I supported him, and I support the fact that we did disarm
>> him.
>
>Yes, you keep posting that, even though it shoots your bull**** down in
>flames.
>
>You are seriously stupid.

Not at all. He completely agreed with it. He just wished a few more
countries would have gotten behind the invasion. Now he says it's the
wrong war at the wrong time and the wrong place. You must be the one
who is seriously stupid to not see that he is contradicting himself in
this case. Other quotes I've cited have him talking out of both sides
of his mouth.

DRS
October 5th 04, 02:55 PM
"John Hanson" > wrote in message

> On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 20:11:09 +1000, "DRS" >
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

[...]

>>> Kerry: George, I said at the time I would have preferred if we had
>>> given diplomacy a greater opportunity, but I think it was the right
>>> decision to disarm Saddam Hussein, and when the President made the
>>> decision, I supported him, and I support the fact that we did disarm
>>> him.
>>
>> Yes, you keep posting that, even though it shoots your bull**** down
>> in flames.
>>
>> You are seriously stupid.
>
> Not at all. He completely agreed with it. He just wished a few more
> countries would have gotten behind the invasion. Now he says it's the
> wrong war at the wrong time and the wrong place. You must be the one
> who is seriously stupid to not see that he is contradicting himself in
> this case. Other quotes I've cited have him talking out of both sides
> of his mouth.

No, they haven't, as has been explained to you several times by different
people. You keep posting his own words even though they destroy your own
arguments, which is seriously stupid.

--

"Self-delusion as a coping tool has always been a fairly useful strategy for
me."
Dally

DRS
October 5th 04, 03:16 PM
"John Hanson" > wrote in message

> On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 23:55:36 +1000, "DRS" >
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>> "John Hanson" > wrote in message
>>
>>> On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 20:11:09 +1000, "DRS"
>>
>> [...]
>>>
>>> Not at all. He completely agreed with it. He just wished a few
>>> more countries would have gotten behind the invasion. Now he says
>>> it's the wrong war at the wrong time and the wrong place. You must
>>> be the one who is seriously stupid to not see that he is
>>> contradicting himself in this case. Other quotes I've cited have
>>> him talking out of both sides of his mouth.
>>
>> No, they haven't, as has been explained to you several times by
>> different people. You keep posting his own words even though they
>> destroy your own arguments, which is seriously stupid.
>
> You are beginning to sound l ikeCarl.Ofcoursehe'scontradicted
> himself and has been talking out of both sides of his mouth. Tell me
> how he could have said, "I think it was the right decision to disarm
> Saddam Hussein, and when the President made the decision, I supported
> him, and I support the fact that we did disarm him." and then turn
> around and say, "it's the wrong war at the wrong time and the wrong
> place." So how in the **** is he saying the same thing?

"What" is not "how".

HTH

--

"Self-delusion as a coping tool has always been a fairly useful strategy for
me."
Dally

John Hanson
October 5th 04, 03:17 PM
On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 23:55:36 +1000, "DRS" >
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>"John Hanson" > wrote in message

>> On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 20:11:09 +1000, "DRS" >
>> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>
>[...]
>>>
>>> Yes, you keep posting that, even though it shoots your bull**** down
>>> in flames.
>>>
>>> You are seriously stupid.
>>
>> Not at all. He completely agreed with it. He just wished a few more
>> countries would have gotten behind the invasion. Now he says it's the
>> wrong war at the wrong time and the wrong place. You must be the one
>> who is seriously stupid to not see that he is contradicting himself in
>> this case. Other quotes I've cited have him talking out of both sides
>> of his mouth.
>
>No, they haven't, as has been explained to you several times by different
>people. You keep posting his own words even though they destroy your own
>arguments, which is seriously stupid.

You are beginning to sound like Carl. Of course he's contradicted
himself and has been talking out of both sides of his mouth. Tell me
how he could have said, "I think it was the right decision to disarm
Saddam Hussein, and when the President made the decision, I supported
him, and I support the fact that we did disarm him." and then turn
around and say, "it's the wrong war at the wrong time and the wrong
place." So how in the **** is he saying the same thing?

John Hanson
October 5th 04, 03:46 PM
On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 00:16:21 +1000, "DRS" >
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>"John Hanson" > wrote in message

>> On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 23:55:36 +1000, "DRS" >
>> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>>> [...]
>>>
>>> No, they haven't, as has been explained to you several times by
>>> different people. You keep posting his own words even though they
>>> destroy your own arguments, which is seriously stupid.
>>
>> You are beginning to sound l ikeCarl.Ofcoursehe'scontradicted
>> himself and has been talking out of both sides of his mouth. Tell me
>> how he could have said, "I think it was the right decision to disarm
>> Saddam Hussein, and when the President made the decision, I supported
>> him, and I support the fact that we did disarm him." and then turn
>> around and say, "it's the wrong war at the wrong time and the wrong
>> place." So how in the **** is he saying the same thing?
>
>"What" is not "how".
>
>HTH

Typical leftist trying to parse words when in fact Kerry supported the
"what" and the "how" last year. The fact of the matter is, the two
quotes above are diametrically opposed. Kerry has contradicted
himself and you aren't man enough to admit it. But, that is typical
of you leftists. I'm just waiting for one of you to ask, "what your
definition of is, is."

Jeff Harper
October 5th 04, 03:56 PM
"DRS" > wrote in message
> "John Hanson" > wrote in message
>
>> On 2 Oct 2004 18:13:52 -0400, (Al Dykes) wrote in
>> misc.fitness.weights:
>
> [...]
>
>>> Kerry made a fine strong statement about defending us.
>>
>> Jesus Christ. Are you people that ****ing stupid? How many times do
>> I have to point out that he is taking two sides of one position?
>
> You haven't done anything of the sort. You've asserted it numerous times
> but you've never proved it. The irony is every time you post the
> transcript
> of what Kerry actually said you prove yourself wrong.

I agree. I don't understand why some people can't see that. Is their
reading comprehension that bad? Are they willfully ignorant? Or are they
deliberately deceptive?

Jeff Harper
Tampa, FL

DRS
October 5th 04, 03:58 PM
"John Hanson" > wrote in message

> On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 00:16:21 +1000, "DRS" >
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>> "John Hanson" > wrote in message

[...]

>>> You are beginning to sound l ikeCarl.Ofcoursehe'scontradicted
>>> himself and has been talking out of both sides of his mouth. Tell
>>> me how he could have said, "I think it was the right decision to
>>> disarm Saddam Hussein, and when the President made the decision, I
>>> supported him, and I support the fact that we did disarm him." and
>>> then turn around and say, "it's the wrong war at the wrong time and
>>> the wrong place." So how in the **** is he saying the same thing?
>>
>> "What" is not "how".
>>
>> HTH
>
> Typical leftist trying to parse words when in fact Kerry supported the
> "what" and the "how" last year. The fact of the matter is, the two
> quotes above are diametrically opposed. Kerry has contradicted
> himself and you aren't man enough to admit it. But, that is typical
> of you leftists. I'm just waiting for one of you to ask, "what your
> definition of is, is."

Yawn. Your bull**** is old and stale. We say day and you say we said
night. We didn't.

--

"Self-delusion as a coping tool has always been a fairly useful strategy for
me."
Dally

Proton Soup
October 5th 04, 04:04 PM
On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 00:58:34 +1000, "DRS" >
wrote:

>"John Hanson" > wrote in message

>> On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 00:16:21 +1000, "DRS" >
>> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>>> "John Hanson" > wrote in message
>>>

>[...]
>>>
>>> "What" is not "how".
>>>
>>> HTH
>>
>> Typical leftist trying to parse words when in fact Kerry supported the
>> "what" and the "how" last year. The fact of the matter is, the two
>> quotes above are diametrically opposed. Kerry has contradicted
>> himself and you aren't man enough to admit it. But, that is typical
>> of you leftists. I'm just waiting for one of you to ask, "what your
>> definition of is, is."
>
>Yawn. Your bull**** is old and stale. We say day and you say we said
>night. We didn't.

There is no "we". You have no say here.

-----------
Proton Soup

"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum."

DRS
October 5th 04, 04:09 PM
"John Hanson" > wrote in message

> On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 00:58:34 +1000, "DRS" >
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>> "John Hanson" > wrote in message

[...]

>>> Typical leftist trying to parse words when in fact Kerry supported
>>> the "what" and the "how" last year. The fact of the matter is, the
>>> two quotes above are diametrically opposed. Kerry has contradicted
>>> himself and you aren't man enough to admit it. But, that is typical
>>> of you leftists. I'm just waiting for one of you to ask, "what your
>>> definition of is, is."
>>
>> Yawn. Your bull**** is old and stale. We say day and you say we
>> said night. We didn't.
>
> Perhaps David should conduct a poll.

That wouldn't change the truth. Kerry's words mean what they say, not what
you want them to say.

--

"Self-delusion as a coping tool has always been a fairly useful strategy for
me."
Dally

John Hanson
October 5th 04, 04:10 PM
On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 00:58:34 +1000, "DRS" >
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>"John Hanson" > wrote in message

>> On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 00:16:21 +1000, "DRS" >
>> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>>> "John Hanson" > wrote in message
>>>

>[...]
>>>
>>> "What" is not "how".
>>>
>>> HTH
>>
>> Typical leftist trying to parse words when in fact Kerry supported the
>> "what" and the "how" last year. The fact of the matter is, the two
>> quotes above are diametrically opposed. Kerry has contradicted
>> himself and you aren't man enough to admit it. But, that is typical
>> of you leftists. I'm just waiting for one of you to ask, "what your
>> definition of is, is."
>
>Yawn. Your bull**** is old and stale. We say day and you say we said
>night. We didn't.

Perhaps David should conduct a poll.

Proton Soup
October 5th 04, 04:18 PM
On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 01:20:34 +1000, "DRS" >
wrote:

>"Proton Soup" > wrote in message

>> On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 00:58:34 +1000, "DRS" >
>> wrote:
>>> "John Hanson" > wrote in message
>>>

>[...]
>>>
>>> Yawn. Your bull**** is old and stale. We say day and you say we
>>> said night. We didn't.
>>
>> There is no "we". You have no say here.
>
>In your dreams, arsewipe.

In what district are you registered to vote?

-----------
Proton Soup

"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum."

DRS
October 5th 04, 04:20 PM
"Proton Soup" > wrote in message

> On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 00:58:34 +1000, "DRS" >
> wrote:
>> "John Hanson" > wrote in message

[...]

>>> Typical leftist trying to parse words when in fact Kerry supported
>>> the "what" and the "how" last year. The fact of the matter is, the
>>> two quotes above are diametrically opposed. Kerry has contradicted
>>> himself and you aren't man enough to admit it. But, that is typical
>>> of you leftists. I'm just waiting for one of you to ask, "what your
>>> definition of is, is."
>>
>> Yawn. Your bull**** is old and stale. We say day and you say we
>> said night. We didn't.
>
> There is no "we". You have no say here.

In your dreams, arsewipe.

--

"Self-delusion as a coping tool has always been a fairly useful strategy for
me."
Dally

Adam Fahy
October 5th 04, 05:15 PM
John Hanson wrote:

> Typical leftist trying to parse words when in fact Kerry supported the
> "what" and the "how" last year.

I like how "global" now means "local." Anything goes, other than being
forced to admit that their guy made an incomprehensible statement, or an
unfortunate turn of phrase.

-Adam

Donovan Rebbechi
October 5th 04, 05:51 PM
On 2004-10-05, Adam Fahy > wrote:
> John Hanson wrote:
>
>> Typical leftist trying to parse words when in fact Kerry supported the
>> "what" and the "how" last year.
>
> I like how "global" now means "local." Anything goes, other than being
> forced to admit that their guy made an incomprehensible statement, or an
> unfortunate turn of phrase.

Not sure what you mean here. If you're talking about the "global test", I'd
certainly agree that it was an unfortunate turn of phrase, but it isn't in
itself terribly useful material for the Bush campaign. What would have helped
the Bush campaign is some new material to advance their "flip flopper"
attack, Kerry didn't give it to them. The fact that the "global test" was the
centerpiece of Bush's response to the debate reflects favourably on Kerry's
performance.

Cheers,
--
Donovan Rebbechi
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/

John M. Williams
October 5th 04, 06:44 PM
"DRS" > wrote:
>"Proton Soup" > wrote:
>> "DRS" > wrote:
>>> "John Hanson" > wrote:
>
>[...]
>>>
>>> Yawn. Your bull**** is old and stale. We say day and you say we
>>> said night. We didn't.
>>
>> There is no "we". You have no say here.
>
>In your dreams, arsewipe.

In which state are you registered as an elector?

Lee Michaels
October 5th 04, 07:45 PM
"John M. Williams" > wrote
> "DRS" > wrote:
> >
> >[...]
> >>
> >> There is no "we". You have no say here.
> >
> >In your dreams, arsewipe.
>
> In which state are you registered as an elector?

Altered state??

gman99
October 6th 04, 03:49 AM
John Hanson > wrote:

Some stinking rich guy has political influence ?? HOLD THE PRESSES...Jesus
Christ...come up with something new will ya ?

Is that MORE or LESS influence than say the defacto owner of Haliburton has
on the US government ?? How about US Oil giants..think they have any
influence over dubya ???

MJL
October 6th 04, 04:02 AM
On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 22:55:06 -0500, John Hanson
> wrote:

>On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 03:40:38 GMT, MJL > wrote in
>misc.fitness.weights:
>
>>On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 20:51:39 -0500, John Hanson
> wrote:

>>>Kerry: George, I said at the time I would have preferred if we had
>>>given diplomacy a greater opportunity, but I think it was the right
>>>decision to disarm Saddam Hussein, and when the President made the
>>>decision, I supported him, and I support the fact that we did disarm
>>>him.
>>
>>You're such a ****ing moron.
>
>He supports the fact that we did disarm him. He supported the
>President when he made that decision. That is both "what and "how".

How do you type with your fingers in your ears and yelling
"nananananana"??

--
http://www.texansfortruth.org/

MJL
October 6th 04, 04:09 AM
On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 10:56:32 -0400, "Jeff Harper" >
wrote:

>"DRS" > wrote in message
>> "John Hanson" > wrote in message
>>
>>> On 2 Oct 2004 18:13:52 -0400, (Al Dykes) wrote in
>>> misc.fitness.weights:
>>
>> [...]
>>>
>>> Jesus Christ. Are you people that ****ing stupid? How many times do
>>> I have to point out that he is taking two sides of one position?
>>
>> You haven't done anything of the sort. You've asserted it numerous times
>> but you've never proved it. The irony is every time you post the
>> transcript
>> of what Kerry actually said you prove yourself wrong.
>
>I agree. I don't understand why some people can't see that. Is their
>reading comprehension that bad? Are they willfully ignorant? Or are they
>deliberately deceptive?
>
>Jeff Harper
>Tampa, FL

You have to ask?? The ideals of a representative republic are under
direct assault in Florida.

--
http://www.texansfortruth.org/

John Hanson
October 6th 04, 04:20 AM
On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 03:02:32 GMT, MJL > wrote in
misc.fitness.weights:

>On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 22:55:06 -0500, John Hanson
> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 03:40:38 GMT, MJL > wrote in
>>misc.fitness.weights:

>>>You're such a ****ing moron.
>>
>>He supports the fact that we did disarm him. He supported the
>>President when he made that decision. That is both "what and "how".
>
>How do you type with your fingers in your ears and yelling
>"nananananana"??

I can't believe how you people* can't seem to understand English.

*
Mike Lane
Mr. Hankie
Jim
Carl
Gman
DRS
Sabatour
Joe

Nice company you keep. It's a virtual who's who for IOM.

John Hanson
October 6th 04, 04:23 AM
On 06 Oct 2004 02:49:47 GMT, (gman99) wrote in
misc.fitness.weights:

>John Hanson > wrote:
>
>Some stinking rich guy has political influence ?? HOLD THE PRESSES...Jesus
>Christ...come up with something new will ya ?
>
>Is that MORE or LESS influence than say the defacto owner of Haliburton has
>on the US government ?? How about US Oil giants..think they have any
>influence over dubya ???

Just pointing out how all of your Liberal Party leaders have all been
in cahoots for years. That and the fact that Martin served under
Chretien. They're all connected.

I think I might start posting at least one Canuck political post per
day to help even out all the bull**** that is being spewed north of
the border that is directed at our political system.

Jeff Harper
October 7th 04, 06:06 PM

>>>He supports the fact that we did disarm him. He supported the
>>>President when he made that decision. That is both "what and "how".
>>
>>How do you type with your fingers in your ears and yelling
>>"nananananana"??
>
> I can't believe how you people* can't seem to understand English.

That might clue you in on the possibility that you are the one
misinterpreting. No? Can't even consider that possibility, eh?

If you say your dog is viscious and attacking children, I may agree with
your decision to put him down.

That does not mean I agree with your methods when you tell everyone he had
rabies (lie) in order to garner support; then you spend $200,000 killing the
dog and in burn down the neighborhood. Oh, and in the process, you let
several other vicious dogs loose.

Call me a flip-flopper.

Jeff Harper
October 7th 04, 06:09 PM
"Proton Soup" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 01:20:34 +1000, "DRS" >
> wrote:
>
>>"Proton Soup" > wrote in message

>>[...]
>>>
>>> There is no "we". You have no say here.
>>
>>In your dreams, arsewipe.
>
> In what district are you registered to vote?

Lame. Very lame.

Your reasoning ability is pathetic.

Jeff Harper
October 7th 04, 06:10 PM
"John M. Williams" > wrote in message
> "DRS" > wrote:
>>
>>[...]
>>>
>>> There is no "we". You have no say here.
>>
>>In your dreams, arsewipe.
>
> In which state are you registered as an elector?

In which state are you?

Your reasoning is fallacious.

Jeff Harper
October 7th 04, 06:14 PM
"DRS" > wrote in message
> "John Hanson" > wrote in message
>
>> On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 00:58:34 +1000, "DRS" >
>> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>>> "John Hanson" > wrote in message
>>>

> [...]
>>>
>>> Yawn. Your bull**** is old and stale. We say day and you say we
>>> said night. We didn't.
>>
>> Perhaps David should conduct a poll.
>
> That wouldn't change the truth. Kerry's words mean what they say, not
> what
> you want them to say.

LOL. Saw on the Daily Show that Kerry's main problem is that what he means
doesn't match what the neo-conservatives say he means.

How do you argue with people who have no respect for truth and reason to
begin with? No belief in the democratic process, whereby the voters are
presented with true facts and solid reasoning and left to make the best
decision on their own.

These neo-conservative spinners who deliberately misrepresent are
un-American.

Jeff Harper
Tampa, FL

Jeff Harper
October 7th 04, 06:18 PM
"John Hanson" > wrote in message

> You know Gman, you might want to spend more time on your own country's
> politics instead of US politics.

Spoken like a true hater. This election affects the world, moron.

From your many posts I've noticed an animosity toward all foreigners. An
animosity toward at least half of all Americans. And generally no positive
sentiments toward anyone, save some shared humor when someone joins with you
in deriding another.

Are you, like most misanthropes, deep down a self-loather?

Proton Soup
October 8th 04, 12:20 AM
On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 18:29:15 -0500, John Hanson
> wrote:

>On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 13:18:41 -0400, "Jeff Harper" >
>wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>

>>"John Hanson" > wrote in message
>>
>>> You know Gman, you might want to spend more time on your own country's
>>> politics instead of US politics.
>>
>>Spoken like a true hater. This election affects the world, moron.
>
>This election is nobody's business but America's. If you had your
>way, we'd be run by the UN.
>

>>From your many posts I've noticed an animosity toward all foreigners. An
>>animosity toward at least half of all Americans. And generally no positive
>>sentiments toward anyone, save some shared humor when someone joins with you
>>in deriding another.
>
>Only foreigners who would want to destroy my country as well as my
>fellow countrymen who want to do the same. People like you, for
>instance.
>

>>Are you, like most misanthropes, deep down a self-loather?
>>
>I'm quite happy with myself. If I could choose to be anyone, I would
>want to be me. Thank God I am!

I would just ignore him. He was complaining about name-calling a day
or so ago, but since then, name-calling and ad hominems are all he's
done.

-----------
Proton Soup

"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum."

John Hanson
October 8th 04, 12:21 AM
On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 13:06:15 -0400, "Jeff Harper" >

>>>How do you type with your fingers in your ears and yelling
>>>"nananananana"??
>>
>> I can't believe how you people* can't seem to understand English.
>

>That might clue you in on the possibility that you are the one
>misinterpreting. No? Can't even consider that possibility, eh?

Absolutely not. Kerry agreed with the invasion. Now he says it's the
wrong war at the wrong time and the wrong place.

>If you say your dog is viscious and attacking children, I may agree with
>your decision to put him down.
>
>That does not mean I agree with your methods when you tell everyone he had
>rabies (lie) in order to garner support; then you spend $200,000 killing the
>dog and in burn down the neighborhood. Oh, and in the process, you let
>several other vicious dogs loose.

Good, more for us to kill.

Everyone had the same intelligence and that intelligence said he had
WMD.

>Call me a flip-flopper.

Flip-flopper.

John Hanson
October 8th 04, 12:23 AM
On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 13:14:11 -0400, "Jeff Harper" >
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>"DRS" > wrote in message
>> "John Hanson" > wrote in message

>> [...]
>>>
>>> Perhaps David should conduct a poll.
>>
>> That wouldn't change the truth. Kerry's words mean what they say, not
>> what
>> you want them to say.
>
>LOL. Saw on the Daily Show that Kerry's main problem is that what he means
>doesn't match what the neo-conservatives say he means.
>
>How do you argue with people who have no respect for truth and reason to
>begin with? No belief in the democratic process, whereby the voters are
>presented with true facts and solid reasoning and left to make the best
>decision on their own.
>
>These neo-conservative spinners who deliberately misrepresent are
>un-American.

That says a lot about you...getting your political information from
the Daily Show. Do you and Jim get together and smoke dope and have a
couple of beers while watching?

John Hanson
October 8th 04, 12:23 AM
On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 13:09:19 -0400, "Jeff Harper" >
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>"Proton Soup" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 01:20:34 +1000, "DRS" >
>> wrote:

>>>[...]
>>>
>>>In your dreams, arsewipe.
>>
>> In what district are you registered to vote?
>
>Lame. Very lame.
>
>Your reasoning ability is pathetic.

What's lame about it. The scumbag isn't even an American.

John Hanson
October 8th 04, 12:25 AM
On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 13:10:21 -0400, "Jeff Harper" >
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>"John M. Williams" > wrote in message
>>>
>>>[...]
>>>
>>>In your dreams, arsewipe.
>>
>> In which state are you registered as an elector?
>
>In which state are you?
>
>Your reasoning is fallacious.

Hey dumb****, DRS isn't an American. Just because you leftists would
like foreigners in other countries to be able to vote for our
president doesn't mean that it's legal or even right.

John Hanson
October 8th 04, 12:29 AM
On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 13:18:41 -0400, "Jeff Harper" >
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>"John Hanson" > wrote in message
>
>> You know Gman, you might want to spend more time on your own country's
>> politics instead of US politics.
>
>Spoken like a true hater. This election affects the world, moron.

This election is nobody's business but America's. If you had your
way, we'd be run by the UN.

>From your many posts I've noticed an animosity toward all foreigners. An
>animosity toward at least half of all Americans. And generally no positive
>sentiments toward anyone, save some shared humor when someone joins with you
>in deriding another.

Only foreigners who would want to destroy my country as well as my
fellow countrymen who want to do the same. People like you, for
instance.

>Are you, like most misanthropes, deep down a self-loather?

I'm quite happy with myself. If I could choose to be anyone, I would
want to be me. Thank God I am!

Seth Breidbart
October 8th 04, 02:12 AM
In article >,
John Hanson > wrote:
>On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 01:07:37 +1000, "DRS" >
>wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>>"John Hanson" > wrote in message

>>> On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 02:28:48 GMT, MJL > wrote in
>>> misc.fitness.weights:

>>> At the time, he approved how it was done. He has now changed his
>>> story. He is remarkably inconsistent.
>>
>>"What" is not "how".
>
>Kerry: George, I said at the time I would have preferred if we had
>given diplomacy a greater opportunity,

See? He wasn't thrilled with "how".

> but I think it was the right
>decision to disarm Saddam Hussein,

But he agreed with "what".

> and when the President made the decision, I supported him, and I
>support the fact that we did disarm him.

And he still agreed with "what".

Seth
--
The only difference between this place and hell is that a lot of the people
I would like to meet are in hell and I don't see so many here. -- Bryce Lane

Seth Breidbart
October 8th 04, 02:14 AM
In article <[email protected]>,
Adam Fahy > wrote:

>I like how "global" now means "local." Anything goes, other than being
>forced to admit that their guy made an incomprehensible statement, or an
>unfortunate turn of phrase.

When did Shrub do anything else?

Seth
--
I can't tell you how irritating it is to hear a yankee say "y'all" to a single
person. I've had to kill several of them because of that. -- Watson Davis

Seth Breidbart
October 8th 04, 02:19 AM
In article >,
Jeff Harper > wrote:
>"John Hanson" > wrote in message

>> Not only are you a dumb****, you are a loser.
>
>I agree with MJL's evaluation of you. Except I've sometimes thought you
>were not just stupid but were deliberately lying.
>
>You are the loser, not MJL. You are a loser of a human being.

Nah; MJL is the loser, Hanson is just wrong.

Seth
--
"Bryce was not serious." -- Bryce Lane

MJL
October 8th 04, 02:20 AM
wrote:

>>>How do you type with your fingers in your ears and yelling
>>>"nananananana"??
>>
>> I can't believe how you people* can't seem to understand English.
>

>That might clue you in on the possibility that you are the one
>misinterpreting. No? Can't even consider that possibility, eh?

It is funny that you ask...

Every reading comprehension test I've ever taken shows me in the 99th
percentile. If it comes to a question of reading comprehension I'm
pretty confident I'm correct.

--
http://www.texansfortruth.org/

John Hanson
October 8th 04, 02:25 AM
On 7 Oct 2004 21:12:04 -0400, (Seth Breidbart) wrote
in misc.fitness.weights:

>In article >,
>John Hanson > wrote:
>>On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 01:07:37 +1000, "DRS" >
>>wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>>>"What" is not "how".
>>
>>Kerry: George, I said at the time I would have preferred if we had
>>given diplomacy a greater opportunity,
>
>See? He wasn't thrilled with "how".

Not being thrilled with something doesn't mean you didn't support it.
Like say a shall issue carry law that doesn't allow you to carry in a
school. You may have wanted that stripped out of the law but you
still support the law.

>> but I think it was the right
>>decision to disarm Saddam Hussein,
>
>But he agreed with "what".
>
>> and when the President made the decision, I supported him, and I
>>support the fact that we did disarm him.
>
>And he still agreed with "what".
>
>Seth

Donovan Rebbechi
October 8th 04, 02:38 AM
On 2004-10-08, John Hanson > wrote:
> On 7 Oct 2004 21:12:04 -0400, (Seth Breidbart) wrote
> in misc.fitness.weights:
>
>>In article >,
>>John Hanson > wrote:

>>>Kerry: George, I said at the time I would have preferred if we had
>>>given diplomacy a greater opportunity,
>>
>>See? He wasn't thrilled with "how".
>
> Not being thrilled with something doesn't mean you didn't support it.

Didn't support what ? He supported that bill, which is not the same thing
as supporting "the war".

> Like say a shall issue carry law that doesn't allow you to carry in a
> school. You may have wanted that stripped out of the law but you
> still support the law.

But that doesn't mean that you're against carrying weapons in schools (which
would be analogous to the Bush campaign's spin)

Cheers,
--
Donovan Rebbechi
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/

John Hanson
October 8th 04, 03:37 AM
On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 01:38:31 +0000 (UTC), Donovan Rebbechi

October 8th 04, 03:42 AM
On 2004-10-08, John Hanson > wrote:
>>Didn't support what ? He supported that bill, which is not the same thing
>>as supporting "the war".
>>
>>> Like say a shall issue carry law that doesn't allow you to carry in a
>>> school. You may have wanted that stripped out of the law but you
>>> still support the law.
>>
>>But that doesn't mean that you're against carrying weapons in schools (which
>>would be analogous to the Bush campaign's spin)
>>
> Kerry: George, I said at the time I would have preferred if we had
> given diplomacy a greater opportunity, but I think it was the right
> decision to disarm Saddam Hussein, and when the President made the
> decision, I supported him, and I support the fact that we did disarm
> him.

Yes, but where does he say "I supported the war" ?

Cheers,
--
Donovan Rebbechi
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/

John Hanson
October 8th 04, 03:53 AM
On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 02:42:38 +0000 (UTC), Donovan Rebbechi
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>On 2004-10-08, John Hanson > wrote:
>>>Didn't support what ? He supported that bill, which is not the same thing
>>>as supporting "the war".

>>>But that doesn't mean that you're against carrying weapons in schools (which
>>>would be analogous to the Bush campaign's spin)
>>>
>> Kerry: George, I said at the time I would have preferred if we had
>> given diplomacy a greater opportunity, but I think it was the right
>> decision to disarm Saddam Hussein, and when the President made the
>> decision, I supported him, and I support the fact that we did disarm
>> him.
>
>Yes, but where does he say "I supported the war" ?

"I support the fact that we did disarm him." Same thing.

Donovan Rebbechi
October 8th 04, 04:22 AM
On 2004-10-08, John Hanson > wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 02:42:38 +0000 (UTC), Donovan Rebbechi
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>>> Kerry: George, I said at the time I would have preferred if we had
>>> given diplomacy a greater opportunity, but I think it was the right
>>> decision to disarm Saddam Hussein, and when the President made the
>>> decision, I supported him, and I support the fact that we did disarm
>>> him.
>>
>>Yes, but where does he say "I supported the war" ?
>>
> "I support the fact that we did disarm him." Same thing.

No it isn't. Moreover, he's made it perfectly clear that when he said that,
he did not mean "I supported the war".

Cheers,
--
Donovan Rebbechi
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/

John Hanson
October 8th 04, 04:30 AM
On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 03:22:50 +0000 (UTC), Donovan Rebbechi
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>On 2004-10-08, John Hanson > wrote:
>> On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 02:42:38 +0000 (UTC), Donovan Rebbechi
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>>>Yes, but where does he say "I supported the war" ?
>>>
>> "I support the fact that we did disarm him." Same thing.
>
>No it isn't. Moreover, he's made it perfectly clear that when he said that,
>he did not mean "I supported the war".

Yes it is. And WHEN did he make that perfectly clear?

Donovan Rebbechi
October 8th 04, 05:19 AM
On 2004-10-08, John Hanson > wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 03:22:50 +0000 (UTC), Donovan Rebbechi
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>
>>On 2004-10-08, John Hanson > wrote:

>>> "I support the fact that we did disarm him." Same thing.
>>
>>No it isn't. Moreover, he's made it perfectly clear that when he said that,
>>he did not mean "I supported the war".
>>
> Yes it is.

No it isn't. At least as far as Kerry is concerned it isn't. What Kerry
supported was inspections backed by a credible threat. The reason that you
*STILL* can't find a single instance where Kerry said "I supported the war" is
because guess what ... he didn't support the war.

> And WHEN did he make that perfectly clear?

What part of "wrong war, wrong place, wrong time" do you find confusing ?

Cheers,
--
Donovan Rebbechi
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/

John M. Williams
October 8th 04, 05:21 AM
MJL > wrote:

>>> I can't believe how you people* can't seem to understand English.
>>
>>That might clue you in on the possibility that you are the one
>>misinterpreting. No? Can't even consider that possibility, eh?
>
>It is funny that you ask...
>
>Every reading comprehension test I've ever taken shows me in the 99th
>percentile.

But I'll bet your MMPI shows elevations consistent with borderline
personality disorder.

John Hanson
October 8th 04, 05:35 AM
On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 04:19:44 +0000 (UTC), Donovan Rebbechi
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>On 2004-10-08, John Hanson > wrote:
>> On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 03:22:50 +0000 (UTC), Donovan Rebbechi
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>>>No it isn't. Moreover, he's made it perfectly clear that when he said that,
>>>he did not mean "I supported the war".
>>>
>> Yes it is.
>
>No it isn't. At least as far as Kerry is concerned it isn't. What Kerry
>supported was inspections backed by a credible threat. The reason that you
>*STILL* can't find a single instance where Kerry said "I supported the war" is
>because guess what ... he didn't support the war.

Sure he did. That is why he said "but I think it was the right
decision to disarm Saddam Hussein, and when the President made the
decision, I supported him, and I support the fact that we did disarm
him."

>> And WHEN did he make that perfectly clear?
>
>What part of "wrong war, wrong place, wrong time" do you find confusing ?

No, that was a flip-flop.

Adam Fahy
October 8th 04, 05:42 AM
Seth Breidbart wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Adam Fahy > wrote:
>
>>I like how "global" now means "local." Anything goes, other than being
>>forced to admit that their guy made an incomprehensible statement, or an
>>unfortunate turn of phrase.
>
> When did Shrub do anything else?

Your knee is jerking.

-Adam

tacitrati
October 8th 04, 05:45 AM
John M. Williams > wrote in message
> MJL > wrote:

> >>That might clue you in on the possibility that you are the one
> >>misinterpreting. No? Can't even consider that possibility, eh?
> >
> >It is funny that you ask...
> >
> >Every reading comprehension test I've ever taken shows me in the 99th
> >percentile.
>
> But I'll bet your MMPI shows elevations consistent with borderline
> personality disorder.

i'd piggyback on that bet

whit

John Hanson
October 8th 04, 05:58 AM
On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 04:45:49 GMT, "tacitrati" >
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>John M. Williams > wrote in message
>> MJL > wrote:

>> >It is funny that you ask...
>> >
>> >Every reading comprehension test I've ever taken shows me in the 99th
>> >percentile.
>>
>> But I'll bet your MMPI shows elevations consistent with borderline
>> personality disorder.
>
>i'd piggyback on that bet

I'm in.

MJL
October 8th 04, 06:19 AM
wrote:

>John M. Williams > wrote in message
>> MJL > wrote:

>> >It is funny that you ask...
>> >
>> >Every reading comprehension test I've ever taken shows me in the 99th
>> >percentile.
>>
>> But I'll bet your MMPI shows elevations consistent with borderline
>> personality disorder.
>
>i'd piggyback on that bet
>
>whit

I read somewhere something about motes and eyeballs. Can someone help
me out?

--
http://www.texansfortruth.org/

tacitrati
October 8th 04, 06:26 AM
MJL > wrote in message
> On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 04:45:49 GMT, "tacitrati" >
> wrote:
>

> >John M. Williams > wrote in message

> >> But I'll bet your MMPI shows elevations consistent with borderline
> >> personality disorder.
> >
> >i'd piggyback on that bet
> >
> >whit
> >

> I read somewhere something about motes and eyeballs. Can someone help
> me out?

hey mike. i've had to take the MMPI three times. job requirement. all my
fellow employees have taken it as well.

guess what? no pathologies.

hth

whit

> --
> http://www.texansfortruth.org/

DRS
October 8th 04, 12:58 PM
"John Hanson" > wrote in message

> On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 13:09:19 -0400, "Jeff Harper" >
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>

>> "Proton Soup" > wrote in message
>>> On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 01:20:34 +1000, "DRS"

>>> In what district are you registered to vote?
>>
>> Lame. Very lame.
>>
>> Your reasoning ability is pathetic.
>>
> What's lame about it. The scumbag isn't even an American.

So what? It's you rightwing nutjobs who think it has any relevance to
anything but then we all know about your appalling lack of logic and reading
skills.

--

"Self-delusion as a coping tool has always been a fairly useful strategy for
me."
Dally

DRS
October 8th 04, 12:59 PM
"John Hanson" > wrote in message

> On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 13:10:21 -0400, "Jeff Harper" >
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>> "John M. Williams" > wrote in
>> message ...

>>> In which state are you registered as an elector?
>>
>> In which state are you?
>>
>> Your reasoning is fallacious.
>>
> Hey dumb****, DRS isn't an American. Just because you leftists would
> like foreigners in other countries to be able to vote for our
> president doesn't mean that it's legal or even right.

You are a fair dinkum nutcase. Nobody has ever suggested or implied any
such thing. As usual you're just making **** up out of thin air and
pretending it's real.

--

"Self-delusion as a coping tool has always been a fairly useful strategy for
me."
Dally

John Hanson
October 8th 04, 01:15 PM
On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 21:58:13 +1000, "DRS" >
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>"John Hanson" > wrote in message

>> On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 13:09:19 -0400, "Jeff Harper" >
>> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>>> Lame. Very lame.
>>>
>>> Your reasoning ability is pathetic.
>>>
>> What's lame about it. The scumbag isn't even an American.
>
>So what? It's you rightwing nutjobs who think it has any relevance to
>anything but then we all know about your appalling lack of logic and reading
>skills.

So you should shut the **** up about American politics.

John Hanson
October 8th 04, 01:18 PM
On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 21:59:48 +1000, "DRS" >
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>"John Hanson" > wrote in message

>> On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 13:10:21 -0400, "Jeff Harper" >
>> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>>> "John M. Williams" > wrote in
>>> message ...

>>> In which state are you?
>>>
>>> Your reasoning is fallacious.
>>>
>> Hey dumb****, DRS isn't an American. Just because you leftists would
>> like foreigners in other countries to be able to vote for our
>> president doesn't mean that it's legal or even right.
>
>You are a fair dinkum nutcase. Nobody has ever suggested or implied any
>such thing. As usual you're just making **** up out of thin air and
>pretending it's real.

It's implied all the time. Just the other night after the vice
presidential debate, some talking head with a foreign name said that
Cheney was only directing his answers to Americans. Now what the ****
is that all about?

DRS
October 8th 04, 01:32 PM
"John Hanson" > wrote in message

> On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 21:58:13 +1000, "DRS" >
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>
>> "John Hanson" > wrote in message
>>
>>> On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 13:09:19 -0400, "Jeff Harper"

>>> What's lame about it. The scumbag isn't even an American.
>>
>> So what? It's you rightwing nutjobs who think it has any relevance
>> to anything but then we all know about your appalling lack of logic
>> and reading skills.
>
> So you should shut the **** up about American politics.

Nope. That doesn't follow at all, but you already knew that and didn't
care. Typical rightwing nutjob loser.

--

"Self-delusion as a coping tool has always been a fairly useful strategy for
me."
Dally

DRS
October 8th 04, 01:33 PM

Bull****. Is there no end to your stupidity and dishonesty?

> Just the other night after the vice
> presidential debate, some talking head with a foreign name said that
> Cheney was only directing his answers to Americans. Now what the ****
> is that all about?

I didn't see that.

--

"Self-delusion as a coping tool has always been a fairly useful strategy for
me."
Dally

Donovan Rebbechi
October 8th 04, 01:43 PM
On 2004-10-08, John Hanson > wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 04:19:44 +0000 (UTC), Donovan Rebbechi
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>
>>On 2004-10-08, John Hanson > wrote:

>>> Yes it is.
>>
>>No it isn't. At least as far as Kerry is concerned it isn't. What Kerry
>>supported was inspections backed by a credible threat. The reason that you
>>*STILL* can't find a single instance where Kerry said "I supported the war" is
>>because guess what ... he didn't support the war.
>
> Sure he did. That is why he said "but I think it was the right
> decision to disarm Saddam Hussein, and when the President made the
> decision, I supported him, and I support the fact that we did disarm
> him."
>

>>> And WHEN did he make that perfectly clear?
>>
>>What part of "wrong war, wrong place, wrong time" do you find confusing ?
>>
> No, that was a flip-flop.

That's republican propaganda. You've got your partisan blinders on, the
same ones that told you that Bush "won" the debate. Kerry has stated a
number of times that he supported going to the UN and sending in the
inspectors, but didn't support unilaterally rushing to war in the midst of
the process.

Cheers,
--
Donovan Rebbechi
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/

John HUDSON
October 8th 04, 01:45 PM
On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 07:15:38 -0500, John Hanson
> wrote:

>On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 21:58:13 +1000, "DRS" >
>wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>
>>"John Hanson" > wrote in message

>>> What's lame about it. The scumbag isn't even an American.
>>
>>So what? It's you rightwing nutjobs who think it has any relevance to
>>anything but then we all know about your appalling lack of logic and reading
>>skills.
>
>So you should shut the **** up about American politics.

Quite so JH; as I told Cohen the other day, I have no interest and
don't give a **** about American politics!!

DRS Dave the Oz Poofter is a pain in the arse - literally!! ;o)

Have a great weekend - I intend to!!

TFIF!!

John Hanson
October 8th 04, 02:00 PM
On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 12:43:23 +0000 (UTC), Donovan Rebbechi
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>On 2004-10-08, John Hanson > wrote:
>> On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 04:19:44 +0000 (UTC), Donovan Rebbechi
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>>>No it isn't. At least as far as Kerry is concerned it isn't. What Kerry
>>>supported was inspections backed by a credible threat. The reason that you
>>>*STILL* can't find a single instance where Kerry said "I supported the war" is
>>>because guess what ... he didn't support the war.
>>
>> Sure he did. That is why he said "but I think it was the right
>> decision to disarm Saddam Hussein, and when the President made the
>> decision, I supported him, and I support the fact that we did disarm
>> him."

>>>What part of "wrong war, wrong place, wrong time" do you find confusing ?
>>>
>> No, that was a flip-flop.
>
>That's republican propaganda. You've got your partisan blinders on, the
>same ones that told you that Bush "won" the debate. Kerry has stated a
>number of times that he supported going to the UN and sending in the
>inspectors, but didn't support unilaterally rushing to war in the midst of
>the process.

No it isn't, foreigner. He specifically stated that he "supported
him, and I support the fact that we did disarm him."

John Hanson
October 8th 04, 02:01 PM
On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 13:45:00 +0100, John HUDSON >
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 07:15:38 -0500, John Hanson
> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 21:58:13 +1000, "DRS" >
>>wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>>>So what? It's you rightwing nutjobs who think it has any relevance to
>>>anything but then we all know about your appalling lack of logic and reading
>>>skills.
>>
>>So you should shut the **** up about American politics.
>
>Quite so JH; as I told Cohen the other day, I have no interest and
>don't give a **** about American politics!!

And I respect you for that.

>DRS Dave the Oz Poofter is a pain in the arse - literally!! ;o)
>
>Have a great weekend - I intend to!!
>
>TFIF!!

Cheers!

Donovan Rebbechi
October 8th 04, 02:48 PM
On 2004-10-08, John Hanson > wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 12:43:23 +0000 (UTC), Donovan Rebbechi

>>> No, that was a flip-flop.
>>
>>That's republican propaganda. You've got your partisan blinders on, the
>>same ones that told you that Bush "won" the debate. Kerry has stated a
>>number of times that he supported going to the UN and sending in the
>>inspectors, but didn't support unilaterally rushing to war in the midst of
>>the process.
>>
> No it isn't, foreigner.

Bwahahahaa ... this is always your "trump card" when you're losing an
argument. Play the "furriner card", and then repeat a statement that's
been rebutted. Nice try, I'll give you an 'eff' for 'eff'ort.

Have a good Friday, and have fun watching the debate. I certainly will!

Cheers,
--
Donovan Rebbechi
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/

John Hanson
October 8th 04, 07:58 PM
On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 13:48:18 +0000 (UTC), Donovan Rebbechi
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>On 2004-10-08, John Hanson > wrote:
>> On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 12:43:23 +0000 (UTC), Donovan Rebbechi

>>>That's republican propaganda. You've got your partisan blinders on, the
>>>same ones that told you that Bush "won" the debate. Kerry has stated a
>>>number of times that he supported going to the UN and sending in the
>>>inspectors, but didn't support unilaterally rushing to war in the midst of
>>>the process.
>>>
>> No it isn't, foreigner.
>
>Bwahahahaa ... this is always your "trump card" when you're losing an
>argument. Play the "furriner card", and then repeat a statement that's
>been rebutted. Nice try, I'll give you an 'eff' for 'eff'ort.

But he supported Bush disarming Saddam. You can't have it both ways,
foreigner:-)

>Have a good Friday, and have fun watching the debate. I certainly will!

I'll be watching the Twins at the bar as we are going out after our
workout tonight. I'll have to catch a replay of the debate.

Donovan Rebbechi
October 8th 04, 08:51 PM
On 2004-10-08, John Hanson > wrote:

>>> No it isn't, foreigner.
>>
>>Bwahahahaa ... this is always your "trump card" when you're losing an
>>argument. Play the "furriner card", and then repeat a statement that's
>>been rebutted. Nice try, I'll give you an 'eff' for 'eff'ort.
>
> But he supported Bush disarming Saddam. You can't have it both ways,
> foreigner:-)

You might well argue that Kerry is trying to "have it both ways". Of course
Kerry wants to champion multilateralism and downplay the impression that, as
the jibjab video puts it, he's a "UN pussy". That's the nature of politics --
you attack your opponents weaknesses and you downplay yours. So in the sense
that Kerry's downplaying the weaknesses in his own approach, and attacking
those of his opponents, I agree that he's "trying to have it both ways". And
so is any politician.

My point is that he hasn't changed his position (a position which you may
view as trying to have it both ways).

Cheers,
--
Donovan Rebbechi
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/

Seth Breidbart
October 12th 04, 02:44 AM
In article <[email protected]>,
Adam Fahy > wrote:
>Seth Breidbart wrote:
>> In article <[email protected]>,
>> Adam Fahy > wrote:
>>
>>>I like how "global" now means "local." Anything goes, other than being
>>>forced to admit that their guy made an incomprehensible statement, or an
>>>unfortunate turn of phrase.
>>
>> When did Shrub do anything else?
>
>Your knee is jerking.

I take that as an admission of your inability to find a
counterexample.

Seth
--
There's no amount of rudeness in the world that can not be cured by the
judicious application of extreme violence. -- Roland Lee

collatestop
October 12th 04, 04:37 AM
Seth Breidbart > wrote in message
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Adam Fahy > wrote:
> >Seth Breidbart wrote:

> >> When did Shrub do anything else?

"but bush. but bush"

what a weak retort.

whit

> >Your knee is jerking.
>
> I take that as an admission of your inability to find a
> counterexample.
>
> Seth
> --
> There's no amount of rudeness in the world that can not be cured by the
> judicious application of extreme violence. -- Roland Lee

Adam Fahy
October 12th 04, 05:58 AM
Seth Breidbart wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Adam Fahy > wrote:
>
>>Seth Breidbart wrote:

>>>When did Shrub do anything else?
>>
>>Your knee is jerking.
>
> I take that as an admission of your inability to find a
> counterexample.

Huh?

Tu quoque, BTW.

-Adam

Lucas Buck
October 12th 04, 12:44 PM
On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 02:28:48 GMT, MJL > wrote:

>On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 00:15:56 GMT, Adam Fahy >
>wrote:
>
>>MJL wrote:
>>
>>> Even assuming you are attributing correctly I still see nothing
>>> inconsistent.
>>>
>>> 1) approve of a removed saddam hussein
>>> 2) disapprove of how it was done
>>>
>>> It really isn't very complicated and I know you feel silly for being
>>> caught up in such an obnoxious neo lie but let it go man. You are
>>> bailing water out of a ship that has already sunk.
>>
>>At first Kerry said the timing wasn't to his preference, but that he
>>supported the action (use of force).
>>

>Read 1 and 2, he has been remarkably consistent.
>
>>Now Kerry is saying it's the wrong war at the wrong place, wrong time,
>>wrong President, wrong moon phase, wrong tablecloth, wrong whatever.
>>Now it's all about lying and wars for oil and Halliburton and Tim Burton
>>and a big distraction and Bush is gonna have a draft and it's too
>>expensive but Kerry wants more troops and they're poorly equipped and
>>Democrats are the ones suggesting the draft, and it's all a big jumble
>>of incoherent rage.
>
>Democracy is a freekin mess, luckily. The greatest danger to freedom
>in America is consistent one-party rule.

Something tells me you never said that in 1992-94.

Lucas Buck
October 12th 04, 12:44 PM
On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 19:51:41 +0000 (UTC), Donovan Rebbechi > wrote:

>> But he supported Bush disarming Saddam. You can't have it both ways,
>> foreigner:-)
>
>You might well argue that Kerry is trying to "have it both ways". Of course
>Kerry wants to champion multilateralism and downplay the impression that, as
>the jibjab video puts it, he's a "UN pussy". That's the nature of politics --
>you attack your opponents weaknesses and you downplay yours. So in the sense
>that Kerry's downplaying the weaknesses in his own approach, and attacking
>those of his opponents, I agree that he's "trying to have it both ways". And
>so is any politician.
>
>My point is that he hasn't changed his position (a position which you may
>view as trying to have it both ways).

And, as usual, your point is provably wrong.

John M. Williams
October 13th 04, 12:50 AM
Usenet Posting > wrote:
> "tacitrati" > wrote:
>>MJL > wrote:

>>> I read somewhere something about motes and eyeballs. Can someone help
>>> me out?
>>
>>hey mike. i've had to take the MMPI three times. job requirement. all my
>>fellow employees have taken it as well.
>>
>>guess what? no pathologies.
>>
>>hth
>>
>>whit
>
>That log blinds pretty effectively.

Nobody's perfect, Mike. It's just your bubble's a lot farther off
level than everyone else's.

DRS
October 13th 04, 12:36 PM
"John Hanson" > wrote in message

> On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 04:44:19 -0700, Lucas Buck
> > wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>>> You might well argue that Kerry is trying to "have it both ways".
>>> Of course Kerry wants to champion multilateralism and downplay the
>>> impression that, as the jibjab video puts it, he's a "UN pussy".
>>> That's the nature of politics -- you attack your opponents
>>> weaknesses and you downplay yours. So in the sense that Kerry's
>>> downplaying the weaknesses in his own approach, and attacking those
>>> of his opponents, I agree that he's "trying to have it both ways".
>>> And so is any politician.
>>>
>>> My point is that he hasn't changed his position (a position which
>>> you may view as trying to have it both ways).
>>
>> And, as usual, your point is provably wrong.
>>
> Which has been done time and time again here.
>
> -
> "...English liberalism to French radicalism and even the Iroquois
> nations eventually fed back into that mainstream and in turn
> influenced those who followed."
> [DRS in MFW regarding the American Revolution]

Who the hell is responding to whom about what? What I said - what you
quoted - is both historically correct and irrelevant to the point that's
being made in this subthread.

--

"There isn't a finite amount of oil in the Earth. It keeps being produced."
John Hanson

DRS
October 13th 04, 12:38 PM
"John Hanson" > wrote in message

[...]

> -
> "...English liberalism to French radicalism and even the Iroquois
> nations eventually fed back into that mainstream and in turn
> influenced those who followed."
> [DRS in MFW regarding the American Revolution]

Oh, I get it - you're trying to use a signature and you can't even get that
right (nor my name either, no matter what that arch-****head Williams tells
you).

--

"There isn't a finite amount of oil in the Earth. It keeps being produced."
John Hanson

John M. Williams
October 13th 04, 01:28 PM
"DRS" > wrote:
>"John Hanson" > wrote:
>
>[...]
>
>> -
>> "...English liberalism to French radicalism and even the Iroquois
>> nations eventually fed back into that mainstream and in turn
>> influenced those who followed."
>> [DRS in MFW regarding the American Revolution]
>
>Oh, I get it - you're trying to use a signature and you can't even get that
>right (nor my name either, no matter what that arch-****head Williams tells
>you).

Uh-huh. You're name's Cleopatra

Queen of Denial.

John HUDSON
October 13th 04, 05:32 PM
On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 08:28:04 -0400, John M. Williams
> wrote:

>"DRS" > wrote:
>>"John Hanson" > wrote:
>>
>>[...]
>>
>>> -
>>> "...English liberalism to French radicalism and even the Iroquois
>>> nations eventually fed back into that mainstream and in turn
>>> influenced those who followed."
>>> [DRS in MFW regarding the American Revolution]
>>
>>Oh, I get it - you're trying to use a signature and you can't even get that
>>right (nor my name either, no matter what that arch-****head Williams tells
>>you).
>
>Uh-huh. You're name's Cleopatra
>
> Queen of Denial.

<s******> ;o)

DRS
October 14th 04, 12:37 PM
"John Hanson" > wrote in message

[...]

>>> -
>>> "...English liberalism to French radicalism and even the Iroquois
>>> nations eventually fed back into that mainstream and in turn
>>> influenced those who followed."
>>> [DRS in MFW regarding the American Revolution]
>>
>> Who the hell is responding to whom about what? What I said - what
>> you quoted - is both historically correct and irrelevant to the
>> point that's being made in this subthread.
>
> What the **** are you babbling about?

I made a mistake. I thought you were trying to say something and as usual
were being incoherent but you were actually trying to use a signature and
was getting that wrong, the quote out of contrext and my name wrong instead.