PDA

View Full Version : This board has gone to hell


Blade
October 2nd 04, 09:36 PM
There was a time when most posts were actually on topic. Now there is
more political and other off topic garbage then actual wieghtlifting
messages. Half the messages are posts or replies to off topic crap
and trolls. What a shame. Guess I'll be spending more time on www
bodybuilding message boards than on this bloated pig.

Blade
October 2nd 04, 09:44 PM
On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 15:47:24 -0500, John Hanson
> wrote:

>On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 20:36:58 GMT, Blade > wrote in
>misc.fitness.weights:
>
>>There was a time when most posts were actually on topic. Now there is
>>more political and other off topic garbage then actual wieghtlifting
>>messages. Half the messages are posts or replies to off topic crap
>>and trolls. What a shame. Guess I'll be spending more time on www
>>bodybuilding message boards than on this bloated pig.
>
>Figures...a bodybuilder. But doncha get a pump from reading the OT
>stuff?
>Hehe

Occasionally it is fine. But the past month or so has been packed
with OT posts. Almost as bad as spam.

John Hanson
October 2nd 04, 09:47 PM
On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 20:36:58 GMT, Blade > wrote in
misc.fitness.weights:

>There was a time when most posts were actually on topic. Now there is
>more political and other off topic garbage then actual wieghtlifting
>messages. Half the messages are posts or replies to off topic crap
>and trolls. What a shame. Guess I'll be spending more time on www
>bodybuilding message boards than on this bloated pig.

Figures...a bodybuilder. But doncha get a pump from reading the OT
stuff?
Hehe

John M. Williams
October 2nd 04, 09:52 PM
Blade > wrote:
>There was a time when most posts were actually on topic. Now there is
>more political and other off topic garbage then actual wieghtlifting
>messages. Half the messages are posts or replies to off topic crap
>and trolls. What a shame. Guess I'll be spending more time on www
>bodybuilding message boards than on this bloated pig.

If you want to discuss a subject, ask about it. Don't whine about
what you don't see.

Donovan Rebbechi
October 2nd 04, 10:01 PM
On 2004-10-02, Blade > wrote:
> There was a time when most posts were actually on topic. Now there is

When was that ? We've had dogs, guns, politics, porn, monkeys, raising kids,
and circumcision for as long as I've been around here.

Cheers,
--
Donovan Rebbechi
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/

Anna Martelli Ravenscroft
October 2nd 04, 10:18 PM
Blade wrote:

1. This isn't a message board - it's usenet.

> There was a time when most posts were actually on topic.

Um, when was this?

I started lurking on mfw in 99...

> Now there is
> more political and other off topic garbage then actual wieghtlifting
> messages.

That's what filters are for.

> Half the messages are posts or replies to off topic crap
> and trolls. What a shame.

Well, you *are* aware of Sturgeon's Law, right?

> Guess I'll be spending more time on www
> bodybuilding message boards than on this bloated pig.

Have a good time on your message boards.

Anna

Proton Soup
October 2nd 04, 11:04 PM
On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 20:36:58 GMT, Blade > wrote:

>There was a time when most posts were actually on topic. Now there is
>more political and other off topic garbage then actual wieghtlifting
>messages. Half the messages are posts or replies to off topic crap
>and trolls. What a shame. Guess I'll be spending more time on www
>bodybuilding message boards than on this bloated pig.

Yeah, but there's a big event coming up in Nov. Perhaps you've heard
about it.

-----------
Proton Soup

"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum."

MJL
October 2nd 04, 11:44 PM
On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 20:36:58 GMT, Blade > wrote:

>There was a time when most posts were actually on topic. Now there is
>more political and other off topic garbage then actual wieghtlifting
>messages. Half the messages are posts or replies to off topic crap
>and trolls. What a shame. Guess I'll be spending more time on www
>bodybuilding message boards than on this bloated pig.

I honestly don't understand the complaining. "on topic" threads get
plenty of attention and so do the "off topic" ones.


--
http://www.texansfortruth.org/

John HUDSON
October 2nd 04, 11:51 PM
On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 16:52:09 -0400, John M. Williams
> wrote:

>Blade > wrote:
>>There was a time when most posts were actually on topic. Now there is
>>more political and other off topic garbage then actual wieghtlifting
>>messages. Half the messages are posts or replies to off topic crap
>>and trolls. What a shame. Guess I'll be spending more time on www
>>bodybuilding message boards than on this bloated pig.
>
>If you want to discuss a subject, ask about it. Don't whine about
>what you don't see.

There's that word again!! ;o)

HAGW!!

Will Brink
October 3rd 04, 12:04 AM
In article >,
Blade > wrote:

> There was a time when most posts were actually on topic.

I have been here from almost the very beginning of this group, and you
sir, are full of...

> Now there is
> more political and other off topic garbage then actual wieghtlifting
> messages. Half the messages are posts or replies to off topic crap
> and trolls. What a shame. Guess I'll be spending more time on www
> bodybuilding message boards than on this bloated pig.

Bye bye.

--
Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/

elzinator
October 3rd 04, 12:17 AM
On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 17:04:00 -0500, Proton Soup wrote:
>On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 20:36:58 GMT, Blade > wrote:
>
>>There was a time when most posts were actually on topic. Now there is
>>more political and other off topic garbage then actual wieghtlifting
>>messages. Half the messages are posts or replies to off topic crap
>>and trolls. What a shame. Guess I'll be spending more time on www
>>bodybuilding message boards than on this bloated pig.
>
>Yeah, but there's a big event coming up in Nov. Perhaps you've heard
>about it.

Yeah, it called an 'election' which is a total mockery, and this is
the time of year when people completely lose their ****ing minds.


Beelzibub

"Modern man must rediscover a deeper source of his own spiritual life. To do this,he is obligated
to struggle with evil, to confront his own shadow, to integrate the devil."
- Carl Jung

Lee Michaels
October 3rd 04, 12:21 AM
"John HUDSON" whines again

> On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 16:52:09 -0400, John M. Williams
> > wrote:
>
> >Blade > wrote:
> >>There was a time when most posts were actually on topic. Now there is
> >>more political and other off topic garbage then actual wieghtlifting
> >>messages. Half the messages are posts or replies to off topic crap
> >>and trolls. What a shame. Guess I'll be spending more time on www
> >>bodybuilding message boards than on this bloated pig.
> >
> >If you want to discuss a subject, ask about it. Don't whine about
> >what you don't see.
>
> There's that word again!! ;o)
>
Resent the competition??

Proton Soup
October 3rd 04, 12:44 AM
On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 18:17:57 -0500, elzinator
> wrote:

>On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 17:04:00 -0500, Proton Soup wrote:
>>On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 20:36:58 GMT, Blade > wrote:
>>
>>>There was a time when most posts were actually on topic. Now there is
>>>more political and other off topic garbage then actual wieghtlifting
>>>messages. Half the messages are posts or replies to off topic crap
>>>and trolls. What a shame. Guess I'll be spending more time on www
>>>bodybuilding message boards than on this bloated pig.
>>
>>Yeah, but there's a big event coming up in Nov. Perhaps you've heard
>>about it.
>
>Yeah, it called an 'election' which is a total mockery, and this is
>the time of year when people completely lose their ****ing minds.

Yep.

-----------
Proton Soup

"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum."

The Queen of Cans and Jars
October 3rd 04, 01:36 AM
Blade > wrote:

> There was a time when most posts were actually on topic. Now there is
> more political and other off topic garbage then actual wieghtlifting
> messages. Half the messages are posts or replies to off topic crap
> and trolls. What a shame. Guess I'll be spending more time on www
> bodybuilding message boards than on this bloated pig.

who are you and why should i care whether or not you participate here?
if this sort of whinging is all you have to contribute, i can't help but
think we'd be better off without you.

The Queen of Cans and Jars
October 3rd 04, 01:36 AM
Anna Martelli Ravenscroft > wrote:

> Well, you *are* aware of Sturgeon's Law, right?

anything that *can* turn into a fish *will* turn into a fish?

David Cohen
October 3rd 04, 02:00 AM
"Proton Soup" > wrote
> Blade > wrote:
>>There was a time when most posts were actually on topic. Now there is
>>more political and other off topic garbage then actual wieghtlifting
>>messages. Half the messages are posts or replies to off topic crap
>>and trolls. What a shame. Guess I'll be spending more time on www
>>bodybuilding message boards than on this bloated pig.
>
> Yeah, but there's a big event coming up in Nov. Perhaps you've heard
> about it.

My BIRTHDAY! You are so sweet to remember!!

David

Rural living is good living
October 3rd 04, 03:47 AM
> Now there is
>more political and other off topic garbage then actual wieghtlifting
>messages.

Dude, there is a big election coming up, 2 wars going on, and a big gun law
just expired. The politics will cool down in Dec.

Anyway, I like some of the offtopic stuff (and ignore most of the rest) so it
works out great for me.

You know, big strong people are not just about muscles.

Tired of corrupt politicians and busybodies trying to run your life, family,
and property? Want real freedom?
Visit http://www.freestateproject.com

John M. Williams
October 3rd 04, 05:12 AM
(The Queen of Cans and Jars) wrote:
>Blade > wrote:
>
>> There was a time when most posts were actually on topic. Now there is
>> more political and other off topic garbage then actual wieghtlifting
>> messages. Half the messages are posts or replies to off topic crap
>> and trolls. What a shame. Guess I'll be spending more time on www
>> bodybuilding message boards than on this bloated pig.
>
>who are you and why should i care whether or not you participate here?
>if this sort of whinging is all you have to contribute, i can't help but
>think we'd be better off without you.

MFW has always had plenty of off-topic threads. When the off-topic
threads don't interest some people, they'll bitch and moan, but give
them an off-topic subject that they like to talk about, and they'll be
in the thick of things.

So it goes.

John HUDSON
October 3rd 04, 11:06 AM
On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 23:21:24 GMT, "Lee Michaels"
> wrote:

>
>"John HUDSON" whines again
>
>> On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 16:52:09 -0400, John M. Williams
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >Blade > wrote:
>> >>There was a time when most posts were actually on topic. Now there is
>> >>more political and other off topic garbage then actual wieghtlifting
>> >>messages. Half the messages are posts or replies to off topic crap
>> >>and trolls. What a shame. Guess I'll be spending more time on www
>> >>bodybuilding message boards than on this bloated pig.
>> >
>> >If you want to discuss a subject, ask about it. Don't whine about
>> >what you don't see.
>>
>> There's that word again!! ;o)
>>
>Resent the competition??

Hallo Lee old chum, how the **** are you dear boy?

The only real "competition" the "whiners" of MFW have is from you my
ancient friend, for each time you open your enormous gob to spew forth
your spiteful diatribe, the incessant outpouring of hot air requires
replenishment from an alternative source.

There is of course only one place for that kind of intake and that is
up your ample anal cavity, thus the whining you are always hearing is
the resultant high-pitched noise of air rushing up your arse to
replace the fetid idiocy constantly racing out of your over-active
mouth!!

Have a great Sunday dear boy, I'm off to a re-union luncheon party so
I may be a little blurred and wobbly later!! ;o)

HAGS!!

David
October 3rd 04, 11:42 AM
"John HUDSON" > wrote in message
...
> On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 23:21:24 GMT, "Lee Michaels"
> > wrote:
>
> >
> >"John HUDSON" whines again
> >
> >> On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 16:52:09 -0400, John M. Williams
> >> > wrote:
> >>
> >> >Blade > wrote:
> >> >>There was a time when most posts were actually on topic. Now there
is
> >> >>more political and other off topic garbage then actual wieghtlifting
> >> >>messages. Half the messages are posts or replies to off topic crap
> >> >>and trolls. What a shame. Guess I'll be spending more time on www
> >> >>bodybuilding message boards than on this bloated pig.
> >> >
> >> >If you want to discuss a subject, ask about it. Don't whine about
> >> >what you don't see.
> >>
> >> There's that word again!! ;o)
> >>
> >Resent the competition??
>
> Hallo Lee old chum, how the **** are you dear boy?
>
> The only real "competition" the "whiners" of MFW have is from you my
> ancient friend, for each time you open your enormous gob to spew forth
> your spiteful diatribe, the incessant outpouring of hot air requires
> replenishment from an alternative source.
>
> There is of course only one place for that kind of intake and that is
> up your ample anal cavity, thus the whining you are always hearing is
> the resultant high-pitched noise of air rushing up your arse to
> replace the fetid idiocy constantly racing out of your over-active
> mouth!!
>
> Have a great Sunday dear boy, I'm off to a re-union luncheon party so
> I may be a little blurred and wobbly later!! ;o)
>
> HAGS!!

John, while I have to agree with you, by insulting Lee, you are also
offending both of his friends and his many followers (4 altogether if you
include his sister and mother) - I see Lee as a role model and I would like
to be effluent just like he is

Keith
October 3rd 04, 03:57 PM
Anna Martelli Ravenscroft > wrote in message >...
> Blade wrote:
>
> 1. This isn't a message board - it's usenet.
>
> > There was a time when most posts were actually on topic.
>
> Um, when was this?
>
> I started lurking on mfw in 99...
>
> > Now there is
> > more political and other off topic garbage then actual wieghtlifting
> > messages.
>
> That's what filters are for.
>
> > Half the messages are posts or replies to off topic crap
> > and trolls. What a shame.
>
> Well, you *are* aware of Sturgeon's Law, right?
>

You've got to admit we do a remarkable job of avoiding Godwin's Law around here ;)

> > Guess I'll be spending more time on www
> > bodybuilding message boards than on this bloated pig.
>
> Have a good time on your message boards.
>
> Anna

z_bumbi
October 3rd 04, 04:45 PM
(Rural living is good living) wrote in message >...
> > Now there is
> >more political and other off topic garbage then actual wieghtlifting
> >messages.
>
> 2 wars going on,

Only two? Last time I checked there were around 100 or so.

Bjorn

Anna Martelli Ravenscroft
October 3rd 04, 05:37 PM
Keith wrote:
> Anna Martelli Ravenscroft > wrote in message >...
>
>>Blade wrote:
>>
>>1. This isn't a message board - it's usenet.
>>
>>
>>>There was a time when most posts were actually on topic.
>>
>>Um, when was this?
>>
>>I started lurking on mfw in 99...
>>
>>
>>>Now there is
>>>more political and other off topic garbage then actual wieghtlifting
>>>messages.
>>
>>That's what filters are for.
>>
>> > Half the messages are posts or replies to off topic crap
>>
>>>and trolls. What a shame.
>>
>>Well, you *are* aware of Sturgeon's Law, right?
>>
>
>
> You've got to admit we do a remarkable job of avoiding Godwin's Law around here ;)

Admitted!

Given the level of sturm und drang produced at times, it's downright
amazing!

Anna

John HUDSON
October 3rd 04, 05:41 PM
On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 10:42:30 GMT, "David" >
wrote:

>
>"John HUDSON" > wrote in message
...
>> On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 23:21:24 GMT, "Lee Michaels"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >
>> >"John HUDSON" whines again
>> >
>> >> On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 16:52:09 -0400, John M. Williams
>> >> > wrote:
>> >>
>> >> >Blade > wrote:
>> >> >>There was a time when most posts were actually on topic. Now there
>is
>> >> >>more political and other off topic garbage then actual wieghtlifting
>> >> >>messages. Half the messages are posts or replies to off topic crap
>> >> >>and trolls. What a shame. Guess I'll be spending more time on www
>> >> >>bodybuilding message boards than on this bloated pig.
>> >> >
>> >> >If you want to discuss a subject, ask about it. Don't whine about
>> >> >what you don't see.
>> >>
>> >> There's that word again!! ;o)
>> >>
>> >Resent the competition??
>>
>> Hallo Lee old chum, how the **** are you dear boy?
>>
>> The only real "competition" the "whiners" of MFW have is from you my
>> ancient friend, for each time you open your enormous gob to spew forth
>> your spiteful diatribe, the incessant outpouring of hot air requires
>> replenishment from an alternative source.
>>
>> There is of course only one place for that kind of intake and that is
>> up your ample anal cavity, thus the whining you are always hearing is
>> the resultant high-pitched noise of air rushing up your arse to
>> replace the fetid idiocy constantly racing out of your over-active
>> mouth!!
>>
>> Have a great Sunday dear boy, I'm off to a re-union luncheon party so
>> I may be a little blurred and wobbly later!! ;o)
>>
>> HAGS!!
>
>John, while I have to agree with you, by insulting Lee, you are also
>offending both of his friends and his many followers (4 altogether if you
>include his sister and mother) - I see Lee as a role model and I would like
>to be effluent just like he is

Please accept my humble apologies dear boy, but I think you need to
grasp the fact that you are a very important person here and have far
more 'effluence' than Lee, who is nowhere near as 'effluential' as you
are was is!!

HAGS!! (I am) ;o)

John Hanson
October 3rd 04, 05:47 PM
On 3 Oct 2004 07:57:55 -0700, (Keith) wrote in
misc.fitness.weights:

>Anna Martelli Ravenscroft > wrote in message >...
>> Blade wrote:
>>
>> 1. This isn't a message board - it's usenet.
>>
>> > There was a time when most posts were actually on topic.
>>
>> Um, when was this?
>>
>> I started lurking on mfw in 99...
>>
>> > Now there is
>> > more political and other off topic garbage then actual wieghtlifting
>> > messages.
>>
>> That's what filters are for.
>>
>> > Half the messages are posts or replies to off topic crap
>> > and trolls. What a shame.
>>
>> Well, you *are* aware of Sturgeon's Law, right?
>>
>
>You've got to admit we do a remarkable job of avoiding Godwin's Law around here ;)

What kind of fascist statement is that? That's the kind of thing
Hitler would say.


>
>> > Guess I'll be spending more time on www
>> > bodybuilding message boards than on this bloated pig.
>>
>> Have a good time on your message boards.
>>
>> Anna

John Hanson
October 3rd 04, 05:59 PM
On 3 Oct 2004 08:45:36 -0700, (z_bumbi) wrote in
misc.fitness.weights:

(Rural living is good living) wrote in message >...
>> > Now there is
>> >more political and other off topic garbage then actual wieghtlifting
>> >messages.
>>
>> 2 wars going on,
>
>Only two? Last time I checked there were around 100 or so.
>
Funny how there always seems to be about 100 wars (actually it's armed
conflicts) going on at one time. It's been that way pretty much my
whole lifetime.

I wonder how many were going on during WWII as the Allies and the Axis
were fighting all over the globe so the fighting really wasn't an
individual affair between two opposing parties. Would the
Russo-Finnish War be considered a separate "war"? I would think so.
How about the Japan-China War? This one I would say no even though it
started before the outbreak of WWII. Any others?

John HUDSON
October 3rd 04, 06:03 PM
On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 11:47:41 -0500, John Hanson
> wrote:

>On 3 Oct 2004 07:57:55 -0700, (Keith) wrote in
>misc.fitness.weights:
>
>>Anna Martelli Ravenscroft > wrote in message >...
>>> Blade wrote:
>>>
>>> 1. This isn't a message board - it's usenet.
>>>
>>> > There was a time when most posts were actually on topic.
>>>
>>> Um, when was this?
>>>
>>> I started lurking on mfw in 99...
>>>
>>> > Now there is
>>> > more political and other off topic garbage then actual wieghtlifting
>>> > messages.
>>>
>>> That's what filters are for.
>>>
>>> > Half the messages are posts or replies to off topic crap
>>> > and trolls. What a shame.
>>>
>>> Well, you *are* aware of Sturgeon's Law, right?
>>>
>>
>>You've got to admit we do a remarkable job of avoiding Godwin's Law around here ;)
>
>What kind of fascist statement is that? That's the kind of thing
>Hitler would say.

Himmler said something similar! ;o)

David Cohen
October 3rd 04, 06:19 PM
"John Hanson" > wrote
> (z_bumbi) wrote in
>>
>>Only two? Last time I checked there were around 100 or so.
>>
> Funny how there always seems to be about 100 wars (actually it's armed
> conflicts) going on at one time. It's been that way pretty much my
> whole lifetime.

A coincidence?

I think not. ($1 to DRS)

You are, obviously, the Anti Christ...Damien!

David

DRS
October 3rd 04, 07:13 PM
"David Cohen" > wrote in message
nk.net
> "John Hanson" > wrote
>> (z_bumbi) wrote in
>>>
>>> Only two? Last time I checked there were around 100 or so.
>>>
>> Funny how there always seems to be about 100 wars (actually it's
>> armed conflicts) going on at one time. It's been that way pretty
>> much my whole lifetime.
>
> A coincidence?
>
> I think not. ($1 to DRS)

At last, I've made it!

I hope you'll all forgive me if I'm just a wee bit weepy for a moment.

--

"Self-delusion as a coping tool has always been a fairly useful strategy for
me."
Dally

Dally
October 3rd 04, 09:35 PM
> "David Cohen" > wrote in message
> nk.net
>
>>"John Hanson" > wrote
>>
(z_bumbi) wrote in
>>>
>>>>Only two? Last time I checked there were around 100 or so.
>>>>
>>>
>>>Funny how there always seems to be about 100 wars (actually it's
>>>armed conflicts) going on at one time. It's been that way pretty
>>>much my whole lifetime.
>>
>>A coincidence?
>>
>>I think not. ($1 to DRS)

Is the $1 to DRS for causing the 100 wars or for showing us how to come
to blithefully incorrect conclusions?

Dally

Proton Soup
October 4th 04, 03:00 AM
On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 16:35:23 -0400, Dally > wrote:

>> "David Cohen" > wrote in message
>> nk.net
>>
>>>"John Hanson" > wrote
>>>
(z_bumbi) wrote in
>>>>
>>>>>Only two? Last time I checked there were around 100 or so.
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>Funny how there always seems to be about 100 wars (actually it's
>>>>armed conflicts) going on at one time. It's been that way pretty
>>>>much my whole lifetime.
>>>
>>>A coincidence?
>>>
>>>I think not. ($1 to DRS)
>
>Is the $1 to DRS for causing the 100 wars or for showing us how to come
>to blithefully incorrect conclusions?

For not thinking.

-----------
Proton Soup

"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum."

Jim
October 4th 04, 03:16 AM
In a handbasket..about the only thing on topic i can think of is how much i
like muscle milk and I'm up to 10 chins.
If you dont have a felony..charged..not convicted...Vote Kerry!

Jim

z_bumbi
October 4th 04, 09:55 AM
John Hanson > wrote in message >...
> Funny how there always seems to be about 100 wars (actually it's armed
> conflicts) going on at one time. It's been that way pretty much my
> whole lifetime.

There are some more after the fall of the wall, some groups in some
parts of the world had no chanse to battle against a oppenent
supported by a superpower.

(As a sidenote, differens between war and armed conflicts?)

>Would the Russo-Finnish War be considered a separate "war"?
>I would think so.
> How about the Japan-China War? This one I would say no even though it
> started before the outbreak of WWII. Any others?

Spain during the civil war, is it a war of it own or is it a part of
WWII?Germany, Italy and Russia hade soldiers in that war in one way or
an other, some other countries hade people there but not in the same
way.

Bjorn

John Hanson
October 4th 04, 02:13 PM
On 4 Oct 2004 01:55:58 -0700, (z_bumbi) wrote in
misc.fitness.weights:

>John Hanson > wrote in message >...
>> Funny how there always seems to be about 100 wars (actually it's armed
>> conflicts) going on at one time. It's been that way pretty much my
>> whole lifetime.
>
>There are some more after the fall of the wall, some groups in some
>parts of the world had no chanse to battle against a oppenent
>supported by a superpower.
>
>(As a sidenote, differens between war and armed conflicts?)

An armed conflict being a smaller scale war with no declaration of a
war.

>
>>Would the Russo-Finnish War be considered a separate "war"?
>>I would think so.
>> How about the Japan-China War? This one I would say no even though it
>> started before the outbreak of WWII. Any others?
>
>Spain during the civil war, is it a war of it own or is it a part of
>WWII?Germany, Italy and Russia hade soldiers in that war in one way or
>an other, some other countries hade people there but not in the same
>way.
>
Another good example. I'd say it's its own war.

Will Brink
October 4th 04, 05:10 PM
In article >,
John Hanson > wrote:

> On 3 Oct 2004 08:45:36 -0700, (z_bumbi) wrote in
> misc.fitness.weights:
>
> (Rural living is good living) wrote in
> >message >...
> >> > Now there is
> >> >more political and other off topic garbage then actual wieghtlifting
> >> >messages.
> >>
> >> 2 wars going on,
> >
> >Only two? Last time I checked there were around 100 or so.
> >
> Funny how there always seems to be about 100 wars (actually it's armed
> conflicts) going on at one time. It's been that way pretty much my
> whole lifetime.
>
> I wonder how many were going on during WWII as the Allies and the Axis
> were fighting all over the globe so the fighting really wasn't an
> individual affair between two opposing parties. Would the
> Russo-Finnish War be considered a separate "war"? I would think so.
> How about the Japan-China War? This one I would say no even though it
> started before the outbreak of WWII. Any others?

In the history of mankind, there has never been a single day a war or
armed conflict was not taking place between states, tribes, etc., some
place in the world. It appears to be what people do best. That people
lose track of that reality as they shuttle their kids in their SUV on
the way to a socker match, assures the cycle will continue. Accoring to
some, we are modern humans and above that sort of thing now...

--
Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/

bc
October 4th 04, 07:24 PM
Blade > wrote in message >...
> There was a time when most posts were actually on topic. Now there is
> more political and other off topic garbage then actual wieghtlifting
> messages. Half the messages are posts or replies to off topic crap
> and trolls. What a shame. Guess I'll be spending more time on www
> bodybuilding message boards than on this bloated pig.

This is soooo done before. We had a brilliant discussion on off topic
behavior just a while ago: http://tinyurl.com/6cgwq

Women's fashion was featured I believe.

- bc

Kathy Marie
October 5th 04, 02:52 AM
> "bc" wrote in message
om...
> > Blade wrote in message
>...
> > There was a time when most posts were actually on topic. <snip> Guess
I'll be spending more time on www bodybuilding message boards than on this
bloated pig.
> This is soooo done before. We had a brilliant discussion on off topic
behavior just a while ago: http://tinyurl.com/6cgwq
> Women's fashion was featured I believe.

Whoa! I am _so_ busted.

But hey--this is the *Internet*!! Three and half years isn't 'a while ago'
it's when the dinosaurs roamed, right??

;-)

Kathy Marie
in Wisconsin, thinking no one remembered her first mfw post & wondering what
happened to Scott K, Adam & Steve...

bc
October 5th 04, 03:58 PM
"Kathy Marie" > wrote in message >...
> > "bc" wrote in message
> om...
> > > Blade wrote in message
> >...
> > > There was a time when most posts were actually on topic. <snip> Guess
> I'll be spending more time on www bodybuilding message boards than on this
> bloated pig.
> > This is soooo done before. We had a brilliant discussion on off topic
> behavior just a while ago: http://tinyurl.com/6cgwq
> > Women's fashion was featured I believe.
>
> Whoa! I am _so_ busted.
>
> But hey--this is the *Internet*!! Three and half years isn't 'a while ago'
> it's when the dinosaurs roamed, right??
>
> ;-)
>
> Kathy Marie
> in Wisconsin, thinking no one remembered her first mfw post & wondering what
> happened to Scott K, Adam & Steve...

I stumbled across that thread looking for something else, but it was
so pertinent, I had to bring it up.

- bc

Elzinator
October 5th 04, 11:28 PM
"David Cohen" > wrote in message t>...
> "Proton Soup" > wrote
> > Blade > wrote:
> >>There was a time when most posts were actually on topic. Now there is
> >>more political and other off topic garbage then actual wieghtlifting
> >>messages. Half the messages are posts or replies to off topic crap
> >>and trolls. What a shame. Guess I'll be spending more time on www
> >>bodybuilding message boards than on this bloated pig.
> >
> > Yeah, but there's a big event coming up in Nov. Perhaps you've heard
> > about it.
>
> My BIRTHDAY! You are so sweet to remember!!
>
> David


We can celebrate together then.

Kathy Marie
October 6th 04, 02:59 AM
> "bc" wrote in message
om...
> > "Kathy Marie" wrote in message
>...
> > > "bc" wrote
> > > This is soooo done before. We had a brilliant discussion on off topic
> > behavior just a while ago: http://tinyurl.com/6cgwq
> > > Women's fashion was featured I believe.
> > Whoa! I am _so_ busted.
> > But hey--this is the *Internet*!! Three and half years isn't 'a while
ago'
> > it's when the dinosaurs roamed, right??
> > ;-)
> > Kathy Marie
> > in Wisconsin, thinking no one remembered her first mfw post & wondering
what
> > happened to Scott K, Adam & Steve...
> I stumbled across that thread looking for something else, but it was
> so pertinent, I had to bring it up.

Oh, OK. Well, FWIW, I think things have improved a bit from back then....

Kathy Marie
in Wisconsin...

Seth Breidbart
October 8th 04, 02:58 AM
In article >,
Kathy Marie > wrote:

>But hey--this is the *Internet*!! Three and half years isn't 'a while ago'
>it's when the dinosaurs roamed, right??

On the Internet, right. There's even a court ruling to that effect.

But this isn't the Internet, it's Usenet. Three and a half years old
a post is just about ripe enough for a response.

Seth
--
You have a remarkable lack of empathy. -- Penn Jillette (to me)

Lucas Buck
October 9th 04, 09:39 AM
On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 17:04:00 -0500, Proton Soup > wrote:

>On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 20:36:58 GMT, Blade > wrote:
>
>>There was a time when most posts were actually on topic. Now there is
>>more political and other off topic garbage then actual wieghtlifting
>>messages. Half the messages are posts or replies to off topic crap
>>and trolls. What a shame. Guess I'll be spending more time on www
>>bodybuilding message boards than on this bloated pig.
>
>Yeah, but there's a big event coming up in Nov. Perhaps you've heard
>about it.

I thought they cancelled COMDEX.

Axel of the North!
October 12th 04, 07:07 AM
On 7 Oct 2004 21:58:15 -0400, (Seth Breidbart) wrote:

>In article >,
>Kathy Marie > wrote:
>
>>But hey--this is the *Internet*!! Three and half years isn't 'a while ago'
>>it's when the dinosaurs roamed, right??
>
>On the Internet, right. There's even a court ruling to that effect.
>
>But this isn't the Internet, it's Usenet. Three and a half years old
>a post is just about ripe enough for a response.
>
>Seth
>--
>You have a remarkable lack of empathy. -- Penn Jillette (to me)

heh heh heh. yeah... that sounds about right.