PDA

View Full Version : Re: Kerry ad deceitful -- falsely accuses Cheney

Jeff Harper
October 2nd 04, 11:54 PM
> > Bush's largest campaign contributor was Enron.

> No.
> http://www.opensecrets.org/2000elect/contrib/P00003335.htm

That link puts the largest contributer at $240,675. I'm not familiar with
the source. Other sources, such as the one referenced in The Economist
excerpt below, put the figure higher.

According to the Centre for Public Integrity, an independent research group,
Enron, its employees and directors had given $623,000 to support Mr Bush
from 1993 to November 2001.

Mr Lay and other Enron executives have also long known other members of the
administration. John Ashcroft, the attorney general, has had to remove
himself from overseeing the criminal investigation of the company because he
received campaign contributions from Enron during his failed bid to retain
his Senate seat in 2000. Dick Cheney, the vice-president, has refused
repeated requests for the release of information..

http://www.economist.com/agenda/displayStory.cfm?story_id=938154

Jeff Harper
October 3rd 04, 12:00 AM
> According to the Centre for Public Integrity, an independent research
group,
> Enron, its employees and directors had given $623,000 to support Mr Bush
> from 1993 to November 2001.

Here's an excellent link detailing a lot more.

http://www.citizenworks.org/enron/camp_finance.php

From 1989 to 2002, Enron and its employees gave $5.95 million in individual,
Political Action Committee (PAC) and soft money contributions to federal
candidates and parties, 74% to Republicans and 26% to Democrats (Source:
Center for Responsive Politics).

Enron officials had at least six meetings in 2001 with Vice President Dick
Cheney and other administration officials who were drafting energy policy.
The eventual administration recommendations, focusing on increasing energy
supplies at the expense of the environment, were very favorable to Enron.

Al Dykes
October 3rd 04, 12:33 AM
In article >,
Jeff Harper > wrote:

>> > Bush's largest campaign contributor was Enron.
>
>> No.
>> http://www.opensecrets.org/2000elect/contrib/P00003335.htm
>
>That link puts the largest contributer at $240,675. I'm not familiar with
>the source. Other sources, such as the one referenced in The Economist
>excerpt below, put the figure higher.
>
>According to the Centre for Public Integrity, an independent research group,
>Enron, its employees and directors had given $623,000 to support Mr Bush
>from 1993 to November 2001.
>
>Mr Lay and other Enron executives have also long known other members of the
>administration. John Ashcroft, the attorney general, has had to remove
>himself from overseeing the criminal investigation of the company because he
>received campaign contributions from Enron during his failed bid to retain
>his Senate seat in 2000. Dick Cheney, the vice-president, has refused
>repeated requests for the release of information..
>
>http://www.economist.com/agenda/displayStory.cfm?story_id=938154

Birds of a feather......

Enron and Halliburton Paid for the Stolen Election in Florida
Stolen Election 2000

"Nearly $14 million magically poured into the Bush/Cheney
Florida recount effort - four times the amount raised by the
Gore/Lieberman camp. The money flowed in so fast... that Bush
campaign officials... were dumbfounded... The Bush campaign
took in $13.8 million, most in large contributions. Listed
among those large contributors were Bush and Cheney's two most
reliable genies - Enron and Halliburton... As soon as a
recount was announced, Bush forces moved quickly. Money was no
object. They dispatched over 100 lawyers to Florida and Texas,
booking hundreds of plane tickets, rental cars and hotel
rooms. Among the expenditures listed was a payment of $13,000
to Enron Corp. and $2,400 to Halliburton Co. for the use of
their corporate jets and other unspecified services. 'Eighteen
months after the election, we find that the (Bush)
administration literally flew into office on the Enron
corporate jet,'" said the DNC. All the Bush scandals are
coming together

This, and lots of other good stuff here;

http://www.democrats.com/preview.cfm?term=Stolen%20

--
Al Dykes
-----------

John M. Williams
October 3rd 04, 01:58 AM
"Jeff Harper" > wrote:

>> According to the Centre for Public Integrity, an independent research
>> group,
>> Enron, its employees and directors had given $623,000 to support Mr Bush
>> from 1993 to November 2001.
>
>Here's an excellent link detailing a lot more.
>
>http://www.citizenworks.org/enron/camp_finance.php

Here's another good one:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/07/13/fund.raiser.charged/index.html

I'll bet Kerry was sorry to lose him.