PDA

View Full Version : sore for an entire week

MJL
October 3rd 04, 03:21 PM
Actually more like 5 days. I did a workout on Wednesday and changed
things up a little. I did not think it was all that big a deal but I
can't recall being so sore for so long in ages.

Anyway, if you wanna try it (for kicks) it was simply doing deadlifts
with the trap bar. Well, I call it the trap bar...it is like a normal
olympic bar with a big U bend in it so you can stand "inside". I'm
thinking this difference changed the entire track of my deadlift and
"confused" my muscles (thanks Joe Weider!).

--
http://www.texansfortruth.org/

Helgi Briem
October 4th 04, 01:50 PM
On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 14:21:27 GMT, MJL > wrote:

>Actually more like 5 days. I did a workout on Wednesday and changed
>things up a little. I did not think it was all that big a deal but I
>can't recall being so sore for so long in ages.

And you feel this is good exactly why?

>Anyway, if you wanna try it (for kicks) it was simply doing deadlifts
>with the trap bar. Well, I call it the trap bar...it is like a normal
>olympic bar with a big U bend in it so you can stand "inside". I'm
>thinking this difference changed the entire track of my deadlift and
>"confused" my muscles (thanks Joe Weider!).

A new exercise will make you sore yes. So what else
is new? And why do you think soreness is good?
Or "confused muscles"?

That said, there's nothing wrong with the TBDL as
an exercise. But nothing magical either.

--
Helgi Briem hbriem AT simnet DOT is

"Don't worry about it, son. God is just messing with your head."

MJL
October 5th 04, 02:36 AM
On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 12:50:20 +0000, Helgi Briem
> wrote:

>On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 14:21:27 GMT, MJL > wrote:
>
>>Actually more like 5 days. I did a workout on Wednesday and changed
>>things up a little. I did not think it was all that big a deal but I
>>can't recall being so sore for so long in ages.
>
>And you feel this is good exactly why?

Google...

>>Anyway, if you wanna try it (for kicks) it was simply doing deadlifts
>>with the trap bar. Well, I call it the trap bar...it is like a normal
>>olympic bar with a big U bend in it so you can stand "inside". I'm
>>thinking this difference changed the entire track of my deadlift and
>>"confused" my muscles (thanks Joe Weider!).
>
>A new exercise will make you sore yes. So what else
>is new? And why do you think soreness is good?
>Or "confused muscles"?
>
>That said, there's nothing wrong with the TBDL as
>an exercise. But nothing magical either.

I have something magical in my pants...

--
http://www.texansfortruth.org/