PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyone NOT getting in on the act???

Will Brink
October 4th 04, 07:04 PM
Oh my head....

Steven Seagal Launches Pure Force Energy Bar to Retailers
2004-09-30 - Steven Seagal Enterprises

Nutrition bar harnesses the antioxidant goji berry from Tibet

BOCA RATON, Fla., Sep 29, 2004 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Steven Seagal
now can add "nutritional bar formulator" to a list of talents that
already includes veteran actor, singer/songwriter, guitarist, and Aikido
black belt. Maintaining an unrelenting schedule that would tire younger
entrepreneurs, the 53-year-old Seagal has just completed two movies,
"Into the Sun" and "Submerged." His album, Songs from the Crystal Cave,
released earlier this year, has already hit the pop charts in Europe.

Pure Force Energy Bar(TM) is the result of Seagal's travels in Asia in
search of the ingredients believed to keep many locals disease-free for
life. Seagal says he discovered the Tibetan goji berry while researching
antioxidants in Mongolia. The goji berry is a staple of the Tibetan
diet, and has been used by local physicians in herbal medicines for
thousands of years. Chemical analysis shows that this berry fortifies
the immune system with powerful antioxidants. The goji berry also
contains a high concentration of branched chain amino acids,
beta-carotene, and other factors.

"I have traveled the world creating this bar; there is none better,"
says Seagal, who lived in Tibet and Japan in the 1960s and 1970s while
learning Buddhism and martial arts. "I have included in this bar
everything I could to strengthen the body." Seagal adds that Pure Force
Energy Bar also includes 15 grams of protein, 17 vitamins and minerals,
calcium, iron, ginseng, and even green tea.

The actor, an adherent of Buddhism and the first westerner to open a
dojo (martial arts school) in Japan, says he originally intended to
manufacture the bar for his own use, but those around him wanted to know
his secret. When asked how he was able to include so many ingredients
and keep the bar at only 170 calories, Seagal joked, "It is a nice big
bar, but then, I'm not known for doing anything small. I have an
all-or-nothing attitude."

Mr. Seagal has partnered with an experienced sales and marketing team
led by Mitch Gould to form Steven Seagal Enterprises, which will
distribute Pure Force to mass-market retailers. "I have known Steven for
years," says Mitch Gould, vice president of SSE. "I was excited when he
asked me to manage the international distribution of the bars."

Can the market handle another nutritional bar? Gould comments, "The
feedback we are getting from buyers is phenomenal. The low-carb category
has passed its peak and some of the low-carb products are not doing as
well. Buyers want something different to replace them, and this is
certainly different."

Pure Force Energy bar comes in two flavors, Chocolate Fudge and
Chocolate Peanut Butter. To entice consumers the initial product launch
will include a free DVD of the video "The Path Beyond Thought" inside
every box. Additional products to this energy line are already in the
works.

Pure Force Energy Bar is manufactured in the U.S. It is expected to hit
stores in the first quarter of 2005.

Source:
Steven Seagal Enterprises

--
Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/

Lee Michaels
October 4th 04, 07:47 PM
"Will Brink" > wrote

> [...]
> years," says Mitch Gould, vice president of SSE. "I was excited when he
> asked me to manage the international distribution of the bars."
>
> Can the market handle another nutritional bar? Gould comments, "The
> feedback we are getting from buyers is phenomenal. The low-carb category
> has passed its peak and some of the low-carb products are not doing as
> well. Buyers want something different to replace them, and this is
> certainly different."
>
> Pure Force Energy bar comes in two flavors, Chocolate Fudge and
> Chocolate Peanut Butter. To entice consumers the initial product launch
> will include a free DVD of the video "The Path Beyond Thought" inside
> every box. Additional products to this energy line are already in the
> works.
>
> Pure Force Energy Bar is manufactured in the U.S. It is expected to hit

But, what we all want to know is.........,

Can this new nurtitional bar ACT??

Cuz Mr Seagal sure as hell can't.

Proton Soup
October 4th 04, 07:53 PM
On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 14:04:24 -0400, Will Brink
> wrote:

>Oh my head....
>
>Steven Seagal Launches Pure Force Energy Bar to Retailers
>2004-09-30 - Steven Seagal Enterprises
>
>Nutrition bar harnesses the antioxidant goji berry from Tibet

But will it make me run like a girl ?

-----------
Proton Soup

"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum."

Mick R.
October 4th 04, 09:23 PM
"Lee Michaels" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s01...

> [...]
> >
> > Can the market handle another nutritional bar? Gould comments, "The
> > feedback we are getting from buyers is phenomenal. The low-carb category
> > has passed its peak and some of the low-carb products are not doing as
> > well. Buyers want something different to replace them, and this is
> > certainly different."
> >
> > Pure Force Energy bar comes in two flavors, Chocolate Fudge and
> > Chocolate Peanut Butter. To entice consumers the initial product launch
> > will include a free DVD of the video "The Path Beyond Thought" inside
> > every box. Additional products to this energy line are already in the
> > works.
> >
> > Pure Force Energy Bar is manufactured in the U.S. It is expected to hit
> > stores in the first quarter of 2005.
> >
> > Source:
> > Steven Seagal Enterprises
> >

> But, what we all want to know is.........,

What were those flavours? Sawdust and Ham?

elzinator
October 5th 04, 03:44 AM
On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 13:53:03 -0500, Proton Soup wrote:
>On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 14:04:24 -0400, Will Brink
> wrote:
>
>>Oh my head....
>>
>>Steven Seagal Launches Pure Force Energy Bar to Retailers
>>2004-09-30 - Steven Seagal Enterprises
>>
>>Nutrition bar harnesses the antioxidant goji berry from Tibet
>
>But will it make me run like a girl ?

Only if you wear high heels

(jpgs please :)

Beelzibub

"Modern man must rediscover a deeper source of his own spiritual life. To do this,he is obligated
to struggle with evil, to confront his own shadow, to integrate the devil."
- Carl Jung

Proton Soup
October 5th 04, 03:56 AM
On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 21:44:36 -0500, elzinator
> wrote:

>On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 13:53:03 -0500, Proton Soup wrote:
>>On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 14:04:24 -0400, Will Brink
> wrote:
>>
>>>Oh my head....
>>>
>>>Steven Seagal Launches Pure Force Energy Bar to Retailers
>>>2004-09-30 - Steven Seagal Enterprises
>>>
>>>Nutrition bar harnesses the antioxidant goji berry from Tibet
>>
>>But will it make me run like a girl ?
>
>Only if you wear high heels

Only if it's stilletto heels. The blocky ones aren't pretty at all.

>(jpgs please :)

Oh, come on! Am I the only one here that thinks Segal runs like a
girl? And you know what I mean, I saw him in some movie once and he
practically pranced along with his arms outstretched downward like
some ballerina. I thought he was going to spring into the air any
moment and flutter his feet.

-----------
Proton Soup

"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum."

John HUDSON
October 5th 04, 08:45 AM
On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 21:56:15 -0500, Proton Soup >
wrote:

>On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 21:44:36 -0500, elzinator
> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 13:53:03 -0500, Proton Soup wrote:

>>>But will it make me run like a girl ?
>>
>>Only if you wear high heels
>
>Only if it's stilletto heels. The blocky ones aren't pretty at all.
>
>>(jpgs please :)
>
>Oh, come on! Am I the only one here that thinks Segal runs like a
>girl? And you know what I mean, I saw him in some movie once and he
>practically pranced along with his arms outstretched downward like
>some ballerina. I thought he was going to spring into the air any
>moment and flutter his feet.

I find this comment sexist and offensive. Please think carefully
before denigrating women, contrary to all the admirable rules of
political correctness.

Johnny
October 5th 04, 05:51 PM
On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 08:45:56 +0100, John HUDSON >
wrote:

>>Oh, come on! Am I the only one here that thinks Segal runs like a
>>girl? And you know what I mean, I saw him in some movie once and he
>>practically pranced along with his arms outstretched downward like
>>some ballerina. I thought he was going to spring into the air any
>>moment and flutter his feet.
>
>I find this comment sexist and offensive. Please think carefully
>before denigrating women, contrary to all the admirable rules of
>political correctness.

You had forgottent the "tuck in the elbows at the hips" and knock-
knee stride element.

Little Stevey Segal must have had a tough time as a kid.....

Donovan Rebbechi
October 5th 04, 05:55 PM
On 2004-10-05, Proton Soup > wrote:

> Oh, come on! Am I the only one here that thinks Segal runs like a
> girl?

How tall is he ? Tall guys tend to have awkward running gaits. In contrast,
one movie actor who can run is shorty Tom Cruise (e.g. in "the firm")

Cheers,
--
Donovan Rebbechi
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/

John HUDSON
October 5th 04, 08:42 PM
On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 09:51:38 -0700, Johnny
> wrote:

>On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 08:45:56 +0100, John HUDSON >
>wrote:
>
>>>Oh, come on! Am I the only one here that thinks Segal runs like a
>>>girl? And you know what I mean, I saw him in some movie once and he
>>>practically pranced along with his arms outstretched downward like
>>>some ballerina. I thought he was going to spring into the air any
>>>moment and flutter his feet.
>>
>>I find this comment sexist and offensive. Please think carefully
>>before denigrating women, contrary to all the admirable rules of
>>political correctness.
>>

>You had forgottent the "tuck in the elbows at the hips" and knock-
>knee stride element.
>
>Little Stevey Segal must have had a tough time as a kid.....

He certainly has glaring physical faults if you're being picky, but
when he starts whacking them they go down like sacks of ****. He is
great entertainment and is a great deal more plausible than little
Chucky Norris!! ;o)

David Cohen
October 5th 04, 08:54 PM
"John HUDSON" > wrote
> Johnny > wrote:
>>>
>>>I find this comment sexist and offensive. Please think carefully
>>>before denigrating women, contrary to all the admirable rules of
>>>political correctness.
>>>
>>You had forgottent the "tuck in the elbows at the hips" and knock-
>>knee stride element.
>>
>>Little Stevey Segal must have had a tough time as a kid.....
>
> He certainly has glaring physical faults if you're being picky, but
> when he starts whacking them they go down like sacks of ****.

Good trapping skills. Good close range fighting. Much more practical than
kicks to the head. Good theatrical gun handling skills, too. He does run
like a girl, however.

> He is
> great entertainment and is a great deal more plausible than little
> Chucky Norris!! ;o)

Based on their on-screen martial arts (on-screen, NOT real life), I would
want Segal's character on my side in a real fight, rather than Norris'
character.

Based on their real life martial arts accomplishments, I'd pick Chuck
Norris. He's a nice conservative Republican, too, which gets him points.

David

John HUDSON
October 5th 04, 09:07 PM
On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 19:54:11 GMT, "David Cohen"
> wrote:

>"John HUDSON" > wrote
>> Johnny > wrote:

>>>You had forgottent the "tuck in the elbows at the hips" and knock-
>>>knee stride element.
>>>
>>>Little Stevey Segal must have had a tough time as a kid.....
>>
>> He certainly has glaring physical faults if you're being picky, but
>> when he starts whacking them they go down like sacks of ****.
>
>Good trapping skills. Good close range fighting. Much more practical than
>kicks to the head. Good theatrical gun handling skills, too. He does run
>like a girl, however.

I think that's a fair summation.

>> He is
>> great entertainment and is a great deal more plausible than little
>> Chucky Norris!! ;o)
>
>Based on their on-screen martial arts (on-screen, NOT real life), I would
>want Segal's character on my side in a real fight, rather than Norris'
>character.

Every time, and he can certainly handle a pool cue too! I just love
those scenes where the bar bully gets his head separated from his
shoulders!!

>Based on their real life martial arts accomplishments, I'd pick Chuck
>Norris. He's a nice conservative Republican, too, which gets him points.

Now here we diverge because I don't really give a ****!! ;o)

David Cohen
October 5th 04, 09:30 PM
"John HUDSON" > wrote
> "David Cohen" > wrote:

>>> He certainly has glaring physical faults if you're being picky, but
>>> when he starts whacking them they go down like sacks of ****.
>>
>>Good trapping skills. Good close range fighting. Much more practical than
>>kicks to the head. Good theatrical gun handling skills, too. He does run
>>like a girl, however.
>
> I think that's a fair summation.
>>
>>> He is
>>> great entertainment and is a great deal more plausible than little
>>> Chucky Norris!! ;o)
>>
>>Based on their on-screen martial arts (on-screen, NOT real life), I would
>>want Segal's character on my side in a real fight, rather than Norris'
>>character.
>
> Every time, and he can certainly handle a pool cue too! I just love
> those scenes where the bar bully gets his head separated from his
> shoulders!!

Yes, I neglected to mention his Filipino stick fighting skills. Nice stuff.
And very practical.

>>Based on their real life martial arts accomplishments, I'd pick Chuck
>>Norris. He's a nice conservative Republican, too, which gets him points.
>
> Now here we diverge because I don't really give a ****!! ;o)

Really? Based on your posts in Larry's "Wiping My Butt..." thread, I thought
you had this problem well under control.

David

John HUDSON
October 5th 04, 09:39 PM
On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 20:30:05 GMT, "David Cohen"
> wrote:

>"John HUDSON" > wrote
>> "David Cohen" > wrote:
>>>"John HUDSON" > wrote

>>>Good trapping skills. Good close range fighting. Much more practical than
>>>kicks to the head. Good theatrical gun handling skills, too. He does run
>>>like a girl, however.
>>
>> I think that's a fair summation.

>>>Based on their on-screen martial arts (on-screen, NOT real life), I would
>>>want Segal's character on my side in a real fight, rather than Norris'
>>>character.
>>
>> Every time, and he can certainly handle a pool cue too! I just love
>> those scenes where the bar bully gets his head separated from his
>> shoulders!!
>
>Yes, I neglected to mention his Filipino stick fighting skills. Nice stuff.
>And very practical.
>
>>>Based on their real life martial arts accomplishments, I'd pick Chuck
>>>Norris. He's a nice conservative Republican, too, which gets him points.
>>
>> Now here we diverge because I don't really give a ****!! ;o)
>
>Really? Based on your posts in Larry's "Wiping My Butt..." thread, I thought
>you had this problem well under control.

As a typical product of the English Public School system, I am
eminently qualified to give high-level advice on the art and craft of
"****ting"!!

This is of course a far cry from parting with the 'end' product
gratuitously, and Chucky's politics are to me very much the "end
product"!! ;o)

David Cohen
October 5th 04, 10:06 PM
"John HUDSON" > wrote
> "David Cohen" > wrote:

>>> I think that's a fair summation.

>>> Every time, and he can certainly handle a pool cue too! I just love
>>> those scenes where the bar bully gets his head separated from his
>>> shoulders!!
>>
>>Yes, I neglected to mention his Filipino stick fighting skills. Nice
>>stuff.
>>And very practical.

>>> Now here we diverge because I don't really give a ****!! ;o)
>>
>>Really? Based on your posts in Larry's "Wiping My Butt..." thread, I
>>thought
>>you had this problem well under control.
>
> As a typical product of the English Public School system, I am
> eminently qualified to give high-level advice on the art and craft of
> "****ting"!!
>
> This is of course a far cry from parting with the 'end' product
> gratuitously, and Chucky's politics are to me very much the "end
> product"!! ;o)

Oooo, good one :)

As elimination of waste is an essential life function, and is part of the
essential basic life cycle of all living things, I agree that part of the
function of conservative Republicans like Chuck Norris is to attempt to
remove the waste products of politics. Romoval of enough Democrats from
Congress a few years back to give control to the Republicans, removal of
Algore from the possibility of being President, etc.

The impeachment of Bill Clinton, but the subsequent acquital at trial, was
only a partial removal, and could have benefited from a good laxitive.

That is what you meant, wasn't it?

David

John HUDSON
October 5th 04, 11:53 PM
On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 21:06:33 GMT, "David Cohen"
> wrote:

>"John HUDSON" > wrote
>> "David Cohen" > wrote:
>>>"John HUDSON" > wrote

>>>Yes, I neglected to mention his Filipino stick fighting skills. Nice
>>>stuff.
>>>And very practical.

>>>Really? Based on your posts in Larry's "Wiping My Butt..." thread, I
>>>thought
>>>you had this problem well under control.
>>
>> As a typical product of the English Public School system, I am
>> eminently qualified to give high-level advice on the art and craft of
>> "****ting"!!
>>
>> This is of course a far cry from parting with the 'end' product
>> gratuitously, and Chucky's politics are to me very much the "end
>> product"!! ;o)
>
>Oooo, good one :)
>
>As elimination of waste is an essential life function, and is part of the
>essential basic life cycle of all living things, I agree that part of the
>function of conservative Republicans like Chuck Norris is to attempt to
>remove the waste products of politics. Romoval of enough Democrats from
>Congress a few years back to give control to the Republicans, removal of
>Algore from the possibility of being President, etc.
>
>The impeachment of Bill Clinton, but the subsequent acquital at trial, was
>only a partial removal, and could have benefited from a good laxitive.
>
>That is what you meant, wasn't it?

No David, what I meant was that "I don't give a ****", and
specifically I don't give a **** for or about American politics, over
which I have no measure of control being disenfranchised as a foreign
national.

However, I am a life-long right wing Conservative, so I suspect our
political outlooks are not that much different!! ;o)

Mick R.
October 6th 04, 11:44 AM
"Donovan Rebbechi" > wrote in message
> On 2004-10-05, Proton Soup > wrote:
>
> > Oh, come on! Am I the only one here that thinks Segal runs like a
> > girl?
>
> How tall is he ? Tall guys tend to have awkward running gaits. In
contrast,
> one movie actor who can run is shorty Tom Cruise (e.g. in "the firm")

Perhaps but he's still too short for every roll he plays. Even if it's a
jockey.