PDA

View Full Version : calorie burning

Proton Soup
October 4th 04, 07:59 PM
On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 19:02:43 GMT, "none" > wrote:

>anyone know how many calories an average fitness 30yr old male will burn
>while watching TV.
>
>I am serious.
>
>thanks,

Depends, you watching porn, or HGTV?

-----------
Proton Soup

"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum."

none
October 4th 04, 08:02 PM
anyone know how many calories an average fitness 30yr old male will burn
while watching TV.

I am serious.

thanks,

Anna Martelli Ravenscroft
October 4th 04, 09:49 PM
none wrote:
> anyone know how many calories an average fitness 30yr old male will burn
> while watching TV.
>
> I am serious.
>
> thanks,

According to fitday, a 41-year-old woman of average fitness burns 53
calories per hour sitting watching TV. I suspect it won't be *that* much
different for a 30 y.o. male...

Anna

Larry Hodges
October 5th 04, 03:16 AM

http://caloriesperhour.com/
--
-Larry

DRS
October 5th 04, 12:24 PM
"Anna Martelli Ravenscroft" > wrote in message

> none wrote:
>> anyone know how many calories an average fitness 30yr old male will
>> burn while watching TV.
>>
>> I am serious.
>>
> According to fitday, a 41-year-old woman of average fitness burns 53
> calories per hour sitting watching TV. I suspect it won't be *that*
> much different for a 30 y.o. male...

You can pretty much just divide your BMR by 24 to get a near-enough number
for lying in front of the idiot box. 1500/24 = 62.5, it's probably close
enough for most people.

--

"Self-delusion as a coping tool has always been a fairly useful strategy for
me."

Richard Smith
October 6th 04, 02:19 AM
"Proton Soup" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 19:02:43 GMT, "none" > wrote:
>

> >anyone know how many calories an average fitness 30yr old male will burn
> >while watching TV.
> >
> >I am serious.
> >
> >thanks,
>
> Depends, you watching porn, or HGTV?

> Proton Soup

Food Network

Good Eats--- "Man Food", especially the corn dog part.

Hmmmm........*belch*